PDA

View Full Version : Round 10 Discussion

aker39
27-05-2011, 10:55 PM
What a shit boring game this has been.

I know Melbourne have a lot of injuries, but they are very ordinary.

Remi Moses
27-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Dean Bailey dead man walking.
What did Melb get out of this tonight?
Played "let's limit the damage". Unfortunately the cheats will finish top 4:(

Ghost Dog
27-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Melbourne would be better off to let em' rip from outside the 50.
Just can't find a target inside the line or do anything when it hits the deck.
Olivia Newton John for Melbourne Coach. Poor Scott West looks miserable.

Awful game. Carltons away jumper hurts my eyes

Remi Moses
27-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Melbourne would be better off to let em' rip from outside the 50.
Just can't find a target inside the line or do anything when it hits the deck.
Olivia Newton John for Melbourne Coach. Poor Scott West looks miserable.

Awful game. Carltons away jumper hurts my eyes

At least with ONJ Melb might get "Physical":p
She still looks great

Greystache
28-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Totally agree, shit game. I was supposed to be going and pulled out at the last minute, so glad I did. I can't deal with the concept that Carlton might finish top 4, I've watched them a few times this year and they just seem to be so average to me. It probably just proves how many ordinary teams are around this year and how open the top 4 is.

The Coon Dog
28-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Why does Eddie Betts wear John Nicholls' shorts?

GVGjr
28-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Totally agree, shit game. I was supposed to be going and pulled out at the last minute, so glad I did. I can't deal with the concept that Carlton might finish top 4, I've watched them a few times this year and they just seem to be so average to me. It probably just proves how many ordinary teams are around this year and how open the top 4 is.

The Blues are another team I underestimated. To counter the view that they are average though - The have covered injuries to key players like Kruezer, got a lot out of a guy like Curnow, reinvigorated Walker, still find a way to get something out of O'hAilpin and they have made Yarran a better footballer.

I wonder why they have gotten so much better this year? Is it just because the competition is so open this year or have they really made improvements from the previous season?

GVGjr
28-05-2011, 08:45 AM

:D Seems to be a bit of a trend.

Greystache
28-05-2011, 11:21 AM
The Blues are another team I underestimated. To counter the view that they are average though - The have covered injuries to key players like Kruezer, got a lot out of a guy like Curnow, reinvigorated Walker, still find a way to get something out of O'hAilpin and they have made Yarran a better footballer.

I wonder why they have gotten so much better this year? Is it just because the competition is so open this year or have they really made improvements from the previous season?

It's probably a bit of both. They've got a lot of guys playing their role, they're attacking the ball or the opposition player with it with a newly found intensity, and they have some talent at the top end no doubt, but I can't see this team getting within 5 goals of any of the top 4 from last year.

Ghost Dog
28-05-2011, 11:39 AM
She still looks great

Remi! Ba-Boom! :D you're on song.
Jimmy Stynes...gotta feel sorry for him.
Only a week out of hospital, then has to suffer such tripe.
If the Dees can't turn it on for Olivia NJ they may as well chuck it in.

DOG GOD
28-05-2011, 01:23 PM
She still looks great

Multiple face lifts will do that :) Look at her hands compared to her face...WOW!!

DOG GOD
28-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I think with Carlton's mids they are always going to be dangerous. Murphy is having a blockbuster of a year, and Gibbs is doing everything right in his defensive role. With the inclusions of Duigan and Curnow it gives them harder bodies, and they will always be dangerous with Garlett and Betts being able to kick multiple goals. If us and Saints were playing to our potential, Carlton wouldnt be a top 4 team, but they have passed us certainly atm.

bornadog
28-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Remi! Ba-Boom! :D you're on song.
Jimmy Stynes...gotta feel sorry for him.
Only a week out of hospital, then has to suffer such tripe.
If the Dees can't turn it on for Olivia NJ they may as well chuck it in.

You know she is a Carlton supporter:(

Scorlibo
28-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Watched the game with my auntie, "Who's that bloke wearing board shorts?" :D

Ghost Dog
28-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Saints V Freo. Goddard has done a shoulder. Stretcher is out. He's having a shocker

Topdog
28-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Think it was his head / neck GD.

SonofScray
28-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Enjoyed seeing that. Hoping Freo get up.

chef
28-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Enjoyed seeing that. Hoping Freo get up.

What a crap thing to say.

bornadog
28-05-2011, 04:30 PM

Apparently could be quiet serious.

chef
28-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Apparently could be quiet serious.

Yep, I don't see how people can get off on someone getting seriously hurt.

Desipura
28-05-2011, 04:37 PM

When I first read it , I thought " nah, surely sons of scray was not referring to Goddard". Then I convinced myself he would not be so heartless

G-Mo77
28-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Looks like a neck injury from the footage. I keep hearing the commentators saying, "good sign that he's talking" Ahh no it's not, he hasn't moved from the stretcher and is being sent to hospital.

jazzadogs
28-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Looks like a neck injury from the footage. I keep hearing the commentators saying, "good sign that he's talking" Ahh no it's not, he hasn't moved from the stretcher and is being sent to hospital.
Agree. While it is a good sign that he's talking and moving his arms, I've seen nothing to say that he's moved his legs, and every time they show him he seems to be in serious pain!

SonofScray
28-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm not a good sport like that, so will wear whatever comes my way. Won't wish the worst for him but I maintain that I enjoyed seeing him get crunched, why? Because he is a prick.

http://halfbackflanker.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/xmenstyle.jpg?w=500&h=483

chef
28-05-2011, 05:48 PM
You know why he did that don't you?

If he played for the dogs would you still think he's a prick?

EasternWest
28-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm not a good sport like that, so will wear whatever comes my way. Won't wish the worst for him but I maintain that I enjoyed seeing him get crunched, why? Because he is a prick.

Cool. He's not the only prick in this thread then.

Ghost Dog
28-05-2011, 07:13 PM
any updates on Goddard? Confess...HATE the saints. But, but a huge Goddard fan. A true champion. Hope he's ok.

Remi Moses
28-05-2011, 07:28 PM
It's probably a bit of both. They've got a lot of guys playing their role, they're attacking the ball or the opposition player with it with a newly found intensity, and they have some talent at the top end no doubt, but I can't see this team getting within 5 goals of any of the top 4 from last year.

Agree entirely . Besides The Pies and The Handbaggers the other teams are just average!
Gotta say no Sandilands No Freo, lame effort that.
saw some of the Norf Sydney game, Norf fans claim they got ripped off. Anyone agree?
Then again they love complaining

LostDoggy
28-05-2011, 07:40 PM
GC looking really good early on, great stadium they have got also.

westdog54
28-05-2011, 08:38 PM
They certainly are.

11 Points up at half time. Karmichael Hunt drilled his first AFL goal. Not a toepoke from the square, mind you, but a magnificent drop punt on the run from 55 out. Crowd went beserk and every GC player on the field ran to congratulate him. As patronising as it seems it was a great moment to watch.

AndrewP6
28-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Not a Goddard or Aints fan, but that was just a nasty impact. Could be very bad.

EDIT> both cleared of serious injury and on the way home.

GVGjr
28-05-2011, 08:57 PM
any updates on Goddard? Confess...HATE the saints. But, but a huge Goddard fan. A true champion. Hope he's ok.

He's in a lot of pain, has a very stiff neck but was cleared to fly home with his team mates.

Remi Moses
28-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Was up there in 91 and 92 . What a difference, got drenched in 92 as there were no grandstands with cover.Portables as change rooms, temporary seats had the feel of a country game. Kick to kick behind the goals,farce up there back then

AndrewP6
28-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Interesting the screens at GC are right behind the goals. One comment was that Jack Riewoldt would be happy about that!

Greystache
28-05-2011, 09:04 PM
How good is that Zac Smith?

LostDoggy
28-05-2011, 09:29 PM
They certainly are.

11 Points up at half time. Karmichael Hunt drilled his first AFL goal. Not a toepoke from the square, mind you, but a magnificent drop punt on the run from 55 out. Crowd went beserk and every GC player on the field ran to congratulate him. As patronising as it seems it was a great moment to watch.

Was a great moment.

I was always pretty confident he could make AFL grade, he seems to be improving each week & has done ok again tonight.

The Coon Dog
28-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Norf fans claim they got ripped off. Anyone agree?
Then again they love complaining

Harvey could have got a free kick, probably should have with about 30 secs left directly infront as he was being held. Unfortunately for Harvey he'd been playing for free kicks all day & I guess the umpires thought it was another instance of staging. I guess you reap what you sew!

Remi Moses
28-05-2011, 10:43 PM

Don't like seeing someone get crunched either,but let's be honest they've got some of the Biggest pains in the arse going around!
Milne for example I noticed after Steven kicks that nice goal in the last that moron is giving it to the crowd. He is a little toe rag

LostDoggy
28-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Port beating the tigers probably says something about where we are at.

bornadog
28-05-2011, 11:30 PM

Great, I had Richmond down as my certainty in the footy comp I am in. God I hate the Tigers.

LostDoggy
28-05-2011, 11:30 PM

Not sure what it says as tigers beat essendon last week. Probably more about Darwin experience than anything.

bornadog
28-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Not sure what it says as tigers beat essendon last week. Probably more about Darwin experience than anything.

Which I didn't realize when looking at my certainty tip for the week.:o

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 12:11 AM

I am inferring that we have only beaten teams around the bottom. Where Richmond are heading. Essendon were well under manned last week and running on empty.
Calls of us finally being unleashed after that game were premature.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Great, I had Richmond down as my certainty in the footy comp I am in. God I hate the Tigers.

I reckon I have lost more tips on Richmond games than any other side over the last 15 years.

Remi Moses
29-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Get ready for bleatings about Richmond selling their home game.
Heard one on SEN saying he cut up his membership after tonight:eek:

G-Mo77
29-05-2011, 01:14 AM

Play this game at the G and I'd put my life savings on them to win.

I'm one who is really disappointed we are not doing the Darwin games and persist with giving the Swans an extra home game.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 08:07 AM
They certainly are.

I have to admit, When Hunt let that thing go with his toe just passed the square, for that 2.6 seconds of flight time, I was a GC fan.

aker39
29-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Play this game at the G and I'd put my life savings on them to win.

I'm one who is really disappointed we are not doing the Darwin games and persist with giving the Swans an extra home game.

The problem is though the Darwin games are becoming a home game for Port Adelaide.
I was always pissed off when the AFL continually scheduled our games against them in Darwin.

Ghost Dog
29-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Which I didn't realize when looking at my certainty tip for the week.:o

Would you have picked port, even if you had realized?:D
A dirty ol' win from port.
Did anyone listen to Coodabeen champions on Sat?

( sung to the tune of O my darlin' clamentine)

Richmond Tigers
Richmond Tigers
Richmond Tigers, will be 9th
Things are just like
In the old days
Richmond Tigers, will be 9th.

Greystache
29-05-2011, 11:10 AM

But no doubt he didn't actually have one, more likely he cut of his general admission ticket from last week, the first game he'd been to in 3 years.

azabob
29-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I am inferring that we have only beaten teams around the bottom. Where Richmond are heading. Essendon were well under manned last week and running on empty.
Calls of us finally being unleashed after that game were premature.

Essendon were not undermanned. Watson was their only A grader missing. As for running on empty, what does that even mean? Richmond had not had a bye either.

Topdog
29-05-2011, 11:24 AM
But no doubt he didn't actually have one, more likely he cut of his general admission ticket from last week, the first game he'd been to in 3 years.

I've been telling my Richmond mate for years that they need a qtr or half membership. Basically it allows Richmond supporters entry for any qtr or half of a game. Would surely help with stress levels for them.

Essendon were not undermanned. Watson was their only A grader missing. As for running on empty, what does that even mean? Richmond had not had a bye either.

They were missing 5 or 6 of their best 22 and had another 3 or 4 that desperately needed a break.

Greystache
29-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Hurley was out too, so was Pears, plus obviously Dempsey and Winderlich.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Would you have picked port, even if you had realized?:D
A dirty ol' win from port.
Did anyone listen to Coodabeen champions on Sat?

( sung to the tune of O my darlin' clamentine)

Richmond Tigers
Richmond Tigers
Richmond Tigers, will be 9th
Things are just like
In the old days
Richmond Tigers, will be 9th.

Nice on GD. That gave a quck giggle before I realized we might be around the mark too.

Come on dogs, show some ticker this week. Make me proud! Damn I'm already excited about today's game after a week of misery.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 02:14 PM

What do you think it means?

azabob
29-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Hurley was out too, so was Pears, plus obviously Dempsey and Winderlich.

Fair enough, but Hurley has had a poor year and Dempsey and Winderlich go just alright. Pears however is quite a big loss. I guess personally I can't stand Sheedy and Essendon by default! (Ive only ever known Essendon to have 3 coaches).

Topdog
29-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Hocking has been very important for them too and he was also missing.

Greystache
29-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Fair enough, but Hurley has had a poor year and Dempsey and Winderlich go just alright. Pears however is quite a big loss. I guess personally I can't stand Sheedy and Essendon by default! (Ive only ever known Essendon to have 3 coaches).

Hocking has been very important for them too and he was also missing.

Forgot about him, that makes their top 3 in the B&F from last year (Watson, Hocking, Winderlich), that would hurt any team.

I think Hurley's been ok this year, he may not have racked up huge numbers, but he's really important for them, he stops them doubling up on Hille/Ryder and if they do he hurts them with his acurate goal kicking.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 02:34 PM

I can't stand them, I made what I thought was a safe bet with a mate over christmas that they would not make the top four. Hird has them playing playing very well as a team and this bye came at a good time for them.

westdog54
29-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I have to admit, When Hunt let that thing go with his toe just passed the square, for that 2.6 seconds of flight time, I was a GC fan.

It was really hard not to get caught up in it, wasn't it?

Even though they got soundly beaten in the end, so far that's my moment of the round. Its the moment where he stood up and asked the question "Anyone else think I can't play this game?" Was a real moment for him and his club.

I couldn't get over the fan reaction either. There is a hell of a lot of love for him on the Gold Coast and the whole crowd were on their feet.