PDA

View Full Version : Stars too injured, overrated, says former teammate Jason Akermanis

LostDoggy
28-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't care about Aker & think most of this article is garbage, but thought i would highlight one part. Given the recent discussion on this forum about Tom, it's interesting comments from Aker.

Sam Edmund
May 28, 2011

"Tommy Williams has always been restricted by one man and that's Tommy Williams' mind and it's unfortunate because he's got the physical talent, but eventually Tommy has to say, 'I'm good enough here'. He's never believed that and until he does, forget it."

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/stars-too-injured-overrated-says-former-teammate-jason-akermanis/story-e6frf9jf-1226064457792)

Topdog
28-05-2011, 01:26 PM
More interested in who leaked the cracked patella to him if it is true.

AndrewP6
28-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Perhaps it has been an issue from before he was sacked.

As for the article, don't disagree on Higgins, ATM. Might be OK on the training track, but for a leadership player to be regularly out, isn't good.

Very interesting he called Campbell Rose "their best leader ever"...didn't think Aker would've said that about Rose after their stoush on the Footy Show.

Greystache
28-05-2011, 01:31 PM

It's been a problem since the finals in 2008, he's having ongoing problems because of it. Aker was around when it happened.

Grantysghost
28-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Is he still mates with Morris? That would cause big internal problems if your thinking what im thinking. Surely not, he seems too pure! Fragile is an interesting choice of words to describe Higgins.

G-Mo77
28-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Very interesting he called Campbell Rose "their best leader ever"...didn't think Aker would've said that about Rose after their stoush on the Footy Show.

Had he still been at the Bulldogs it would have been the opposite. He'd say the same thing about Eade if he wasn't there or Smorgan, both according to him should be gone. :rolleyes:

I said in another thread that he did bring up some good points but it's cancelled out by all the other shit that he spins every week. The whole 30 minutes of that segment he threw mud at the WB and see if any of it sticks. Sadly Joe Public take this little worms word as gospel and that mud does stick.

Topdog
28-05-2011, 03:28 PM
It's been a problem since the finals in 2008, he's having ongoing problems because of it. Aker was around when it happened.

Cheers, I thought this one was different.

Greystache
28-05-2011, 03:45 PM

I wish it was.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-05-2011, 04:12 PM
He's a moron, but his article has merit on Higgins, Williams and probably Cooney. It seems as though Adam will never be able to return to his form of 2008, which is a great shame and a huge blow for any chances of success we may have in the future. Hopefully he can somehow get that knee right.

His comments on Gia are stupid.

Not sure on Lake - the word 'unprofessional' has been bandied about a fair bit lately, and not just by Akermanis. I hope Lake responds soon in the way of form.

Ghost Dog
28-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Gia is the sort of player easy to knock because he does a lot of the 'unsexy' stuff ( to quote D. Commetti ) , goal assists, etc
The thing is, 70% of the AFL is made up of 'good, ordinary players'. What's wrong with being a good, ordinary player? You need them.

Aker, the Darren Hynch of AFL. For us you were a wishy washy player, prone to distract and distraction. I'd settle for a team of good, ordinary players with a few reiable stars, who get the job done, anyday.

Will say this though. Shaun Higgins. Probably too young to be in the leadership group.
If ever there was a player, oozing with potential, at a club crying out for champions, it's Shaun Higgins. At times, it's very frustrating.

Desipura
28-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Gia is the sort of player easy to knock because he does a lot of the 'unsexy' stuff ( to quote D. Commetti ) , goal assists, etc
The thing is, 70% of the AFL is made up of 'good, ordinary players'. What's wrong with being a good, ordinary player? You need them.

Aker, the Darren Hynch of AFL. For us you were a wishy washy player, prone to distract and distraction. I'd settle for a team of good, ordinary players with a few reiable stars, who get the job done, anyday.

Will say this though. Shaun Higgins. Probably too young to be in the leadership group.
If ever there was a player, oozing with potential, at a club crying out for champions, it's Shaun Higgins. At times, it's very frustrating.

Fair point regarding the high number of good ordinary players in which Gia is. It's when supporters go hard at him and unfairly label him soft and crap, that's when some tend to overrate him when defending him.
He had played 200 games, a great achievement in today's footy!

Dry Rot
28-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Aker reminds me in many ways of Mark Latham.

Remi Moses
28-05-2011, 06:38 PM
He makes Mark Latham look normal.
I don't think Gia is a star I'd go with what Dermie said Gia being capable as a player
Unfortunately Jason's right re. Higgins, I'd like to make a judgement when he can string games together.

BulldogBelle
28-05-2011, 08:22 PM

"Adam cracked a kneecap in 2008; it was a bit more than a crack, he chipped the bone off the side," he said.

"He had the operation to take that bone out so there's no crack there. What his problem is is still the patella; it's still kneecap but the cartilage gets flaked because there's no rounded edge in that end of the kneecap to protect his cartilage.

"Unfortunately there were a lot of mis-facts [in the video], as we'd imagine, when there's a tainted view and a blurred vision."

From http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114941/default.aspx

Aker is like Mark Latham. He has written a nasty book about his former mates, he isn't spoken to by any of his former colleagues/friends, doesn't know whats going on and he now makes a living from taking cheap pot shots from afar via the media.

G-Mo77
29-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I'd also like to punch Sam Edmund in the mouth. Can't stand that smug little prick.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Im actually glad he wrote the article, personal attacks on some key players maybe just what we need. Dont under estimate the power of Spite.

LostDoggy
29-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Shouldn't of watched this interview but I did, another bunch of pot shot dribble, whacked Murphy & Gia at every opportunity. "Gia is not upto AFL Standard" - 200 games tells otherwise you stupid little muppet.

Surely I'm not the only one who gets fired up easily when that twat opens his mouth ;)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
30-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Akers book is now on sale at the Target Hoppers Crossing bargain bin for $2.64 should anyone need any firelighters.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Akers book is now on sale at the Target Hoppers Crossing bargain bin for $2.64 should anyone need any firelighters.
Did he write a book ! Lol I bet it is filed under fiction !

AndrewP6
30-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Saw it at Big W Fountain Gate for $24.95... Hanging tough!