PDA

View Full Version : The battle for 8th spot

BulldogBelle
18-08-2007, 11:42 PM
It is very congested with a number of teams vying for the 8th spot on the ladder.

*Brisbane being involved in a draw with Sydney has only netted them 2 points. If we beat Adelaide we will leapfrog Brisbane.

*Need to beat Adelaide then we will be 6 points ahead of them.

*We need 1% to pass Essendon who is sitting just above us on the ladder.

*St Kilda will keep 8th position this week due to their far superior percentage than ours.

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds after tomorrow’s match.

Sockeye Salmon
19-08-2007, 12:29 AM
It is very congested with a number of teams vying for the 8th spot on the ladder.

*Brisbane being involved in a draw with Sydney has only netted them 2 points. If we beat Adelaide we will leapfrog Brisbane.

*St Kilda will keep 8th position this week due to their far superior percentage than ours.

Essendon are only 2 pts ahead of us, not 4.

westdog54
19-08-2007, 03:36 AM

As if our draw with StKilda didn't make things interesting, the Brisbane Sydney draw really throws a cat amongst the pigeons for the last 4 places in the 8.

Bulldog Revolution
19-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Call me Danny from Droop St Footscray but I cant help but help but feel we are wasting our energy thinking about finals - that said I appreciate the optimism of others but I am definitely disappointed with what we've dished up this year.

Go_Dogs
19-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Agreed. I basically gave up hope for finals a few weeks ago. Given the rise of the Hawks and the Roos this year, our draw has been horrid. I'll keep my small glimmer of hope though until todays result is decided.

westdog54
20-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Agreed. I basically gave up hope for finals a few weeks ago. Given the rise of the Hawks and the Roos this year, our draw has been horrid. I'll keep my small glimmer of hope though until todays result is decided.

I'm jumping on board with you. Last week was the final nail in the coffin. It's mathematically possible, but far too much has to fall our way, not the least of which is getting over the Roos and Hawks.

That said, I'll be at this weeks game with bells on and will be barracking hard for a win. Bugger tanking for a higher pick now, I want to win the last two games.

G-Mo77
20-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I'd love to shape the 8 from the outside. There would be nothing better than knocking Hawthorn and North Melbourne out of the 4 or down even lower than they are. :D

BulldogBelle
20-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd love to shape the 8 from the outside. There would be nothing better than knocking Hawthorn and North Melbourne out of the 4 or down even lower than they are. :D

There will be no pressure on us, so wouldn't surprise me if we do win the next two. You would think we will put up a big show in Round 22 against the Kangaroos being Darce's last game.

westdog54
20-08-2007, 10:51 PM
There will be no pressure on us, so wouldn't surprise me if we do win the next two. You would think we will put up a big show in Round 22 against the Kangaroos being Darce's last game.

It may also be Robbins and Grant's last game.

That would mean 4 retirements from our club this year if it were to come to pass.

Have we ever had 4 players retire in the one year?

BulldogBelle
20-08-2007, 11:46 PM
It may also be Robbins and Grant's last game.

That would mean 4 retirements from our club this year if it were to come to pass.

Have we ever had 4 players retire in the one year?

I can cope with Robbins and Darce retiring....but not Chris Grant, I purposely didn't mention him, he still hasn't decided and until he does, I don't want to think about it. It is called denial. :(

bornadog
20-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Bugger tanking for a higher pick now, I want to win the last two games.

Yes I hope we put up a yelp. can't stand losing:(

westdog54
21-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I can cope with Robbins and Darce retiring....but not Chris Grant, I purposely didn't mention him, he still hasn't decided and until he does, I don't want to think about it. It is called denial. :(

I agree, but given how the year has gone for both player and club I'm fearing the worst.

4GIVME
23-08-2007, 10:53 PM
i think we will get the win in round 22. would be pretty poor if we lost it for darcy. now the hawks we actually match up on ok and i think we could pull it off. would be good to end the year off with 2 wins.