PDA

View Full Version : Ted Whitten Speech

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I really liked the way the club used the Teddy Whitten speech before the team ran out on the ground today. It definitely needs to be used at every single home game. Much better than say Essendon's air raid siren. I think the club is doing a good job so far to improve our home game experience.

Thoughts?

Please get rid of the song 'Who let the dogs out'.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 12:45 AM
I feel like if it were to be played at every home game, it'd lose meaning. Is that weird?

AndrewP6
30-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Agreed on the Ted speech, and on "Who Let the Dogs Out"... put it to pasture, along with that annoying prat James Sherry.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I feel like if it were to be played at every home game, it'd lose meaning. Is that weird?

Your right , for where the Club is at the moment , Mr Whitten's speech should be played to the players after a win , sing the Club song then have a moments silence to listen to the speech , it does sound a little backwards but I think it would carry more weight particularly for the younger players

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I really liked the way the club used the Teddy Whitten speech before the team ran out on the ground today. It definitely needs to be used at every single home game. Much better than say Essendon's air raid siren. I think the club is doing a good job so far to improve our home game experience.

Thoughts?

Please get rid of the song 'Who let the dogs out'.
I thought it was played every week, if not it has been on the screen multiple times. Shame we the supporters get fired up by it and he players do not see it. I thought it was a real omen yesterday as it was Ted's last game which was against HAWTHORN, no such luck.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I thought it was played every week, if not it has been on the screen multiple times. Shame we the supporters get fired up by it and he players do not see it. I thought it was a real omen yesterday as it was Ted's last game which was against HAWTHORN, no such luck.

They probably hear it coming up the race. They played it again just before the first bounce with just the audio. There's no doubt they heard it. I get fired up every time I hear it! :D

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Agree its good but like the Hyde st band was which lasted 1 week? Thats 1 good thing in the pre match out of 100. The music played is shocking. Endless betting promos. The bulldog host is craps on with inane smalltalk. Last time it was rock of ages rubbish. The pre match doesn't encourage people to there early.
I wish we promoted more of our history and traditions.

The Adelaide Connection
30-05-2011, 08:29 PM
The Crows have taken the unusual step of using the "This is our house" song by Bon Jovi leading up to the first bounce and then playing snippents when they kick goals.

Unusual because it's a crap song, extra unusual as the song is licensed to the NRL and is their official 2011 promo song.

SonofScray
30-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Agree its good but like the Hyde st band was which lasted 1 week? Thats 1 good thing in the pre match out of 100. The music played is shocking. Endless betting promos. The bulldog host is craps on with inane smalltalk. Last time it was rock of ages rubbish. The pre match doesn't encourage people to there early.
I wish we promoted more of our history and traditions.

Didn't mind the Rock of Ages thing FWIW, it was something out of the ordinary. New York Jets had that as half time entertainment the day I saw them.

Agree with your post though, I too wish we paid our history and traditions a little more respect and utilised pre game to celebrate them a bit more. Hyde St Band needs to get more of a run, with more focus.

They could really ham the 'speech' up a bit by drawing some attention to it with a call for silence, then having it pumping very loud, mixing it with some pump up music and just generally put it in the context of a fan and player pump up. It'd be very unique.

Doggone Legends segments are OK.

As part of the fan of the day competition I'd like to see people address the fans via the big screen, giving their best shot at a speech along the lines of EJ's famous one. Would be a laugh with blokes giving the big pump up using Kurt Russell's speech from Miracle, or something out of Rocky.

Maybe some acknowledgment or celebration of the 'fightback,' which might help stir the fans up a bit as we look to go on the downward swing again.

Rob Fairbairn to sing his song 'Footscray.' Or a competition for local musicians to write a song with a Bulldogs/ Footscray theme.