PDA

View Full Version : The positive thread

Rocco Jones
30-05-2011, 09:39 PM
OK I have been through all the stages of denial and I am now at acceptance. So enough with embittered Rocco and onto mindlessly positive Rocco. I have created this thread for posters willing to only post something positive about following the Bulldogs.

I will get it going...

- Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis

-The booze, drugs and whatever associated with celebrating a Bulldogs premiership would be REALLY expensive, so I'm quiet happy the club keeps on saving me money in that department

- I like the Bulldogs beanie I got for this season. It has the old school Bulldog. Quite fetching if I don't mind saying so myself.

comrade
30-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Liam Jones is showing glimpses of becoming a decent key forward.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Markovic performing above all expectations.

Rocco Jones
30-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Liam Jones is showing glimpses of becoming a decent key forward.

Loving Liam.

Dahlhaus as well.

whythelongface
30-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Howard's debut on the weekend. He looks like he will be a decent player.

w3design
30-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Love your work Rocco.

How about;

Griff really coming of age as a footballer, carrying responsibility without Cooney. Really really impressed with him this year.

Murph in defense is such a pleasure to watch. A unique player with his nimble feet, grace and creativity.

Seeing wallis and libber debut..which will be our captain one day?

Only one close game..no testing of the nerves.

Ok that's enough...:p

Desipura
30-05-2011, 09:59 PM
I love that we do not have Sam Power on our list anymore

AndrewP6
30-05-2011, 10:10 PM
The Prime Minister barracks for our team. Hang on, is that a positive??? Oh god now I'm confused. :)

Players actually ask to come to our team, rather than to leave it.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 10:16 PM
We had 7 players play who have played under 20 games on the weekend, they can all improve a lot.

Dazza
30-05-2011, 10:21 PM
There's always next year.

Jones/Markovic/Libba exceeding expectations.

comrade
30-05-2011, 10:27 PM
We get to watch one of the gutsiest and best mid sized defenders punch above his weight, week in week out.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-05-2011, 10:38 PM
The way Boyd has gone about "Life after Johnno" his form has been alright under much pressure from the teams poor performance.

Ditto the above players.

Ghost Dog
30-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Rocco I salute you

they Ryan Griffen roadshow continues!
Always enjoyable to watch

always right
30-05-2011, 10:58 PM
It's really easy to get a good seat at Etihad now.

The really annoying overly critical bulldogs supporters no longer go to the games.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 11:01 PM
My namesake having another superb season :D

SonofScray
30-05-2011, 11:06 PM
HYDE ST BAND returning to the fold.

Ghost Dog
30-05-2011, 11:08 PM
It's really easy to get a good seat at Etihad now.

The really annoying overly critical bulldogs supporters no longer go to the games.

LOL right on.

westdog54
30-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Names like Hooper, Mulligan and Dalhaus making appearances in the Bests at Williamstown on a fairly regular basis.

Big Will finally challenging for the mantle of number 1 ruckman.

A dogs life
30-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Names like Hooper, Mulligan and Dalhaus making appearances in the Bests at Williamstown on a fairly regular basis.

Big Will finally challenging for the mantle of number 1 ruckman.
I am more than happy for big Will to be our number one ruckman. I cannot see what Hudson could have brought to our team on Sunday.
As good as he has been he is past it.

Dry Rot
30-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Reid has grown a good beard.

LostDoggy
30-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Another year into Ayce Cordy. When he makes it he will be the hardest match-up in the league (after flavour of the month wonderkid Zac Smith I guess).

I'm really not as worried as most -- this is as bad as it gets for the next few years; our younger brigade is pretty darn good, and our best two players are struggling badly with injury but Coons in particular has been going bad year, good year, bad year, good year since '07, so next year will be his good year.

No one else other than Collingwood and Geelong are genuine top 4 teams. Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast, Essendon et al are all inconsistent and will be up and down for the next few years (like us) so we'll be thereabouts for the next 5 years, maybe not every year, but most of them.

Rocco Jones
31-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Reid has grown a good beard.

One of the highlights of my season too.

Griffen's awesomeness is good as well.

Agree with SoS with the Hyde St Band being back.

I am also a huge fan of ironic humour and the whole EJ inspirational speech before our boys run out and do their thing hits the spot.

Happy Days
31-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Only having to listen to idiot supporters till 3 quarter time now.

Ghost Dog
31-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Another year into Ayce Cordy. When he makes it he will be the hardest match-up in the league (after flavour of the month wonderkid Zac Smith I guess).

I'm really not as worried as most -- this is as bad as it gets for the next few years; our younger brigade is pretty darn good, and our best two players are struggling badly with injury but Coons in particular has been going bad year, good year, bad year, good year since '07, so next year will be his good year.

No one else other than Collingwood and Geelong are genuine top 4 teams. Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast, Essendon et al are all inconsistent and will be up and down for the next few years (like us) so we'll be thereabouts for the next 5 years, maybe not every year, but most of them.

Lantern, true to your username. A beacon of white, red and blue light.
Love your work! hope it is as you say...

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Reid, Howard, Wood, Wally, Libba. These guys made me smile on the inside even when Hawks had it beyond doubt.

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Hairy Midget I think I would like to add Ward to your list!!

MrMahatma
31-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Best colours in the league!

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Hairy Midget I think I would like to add Ward to your list!!

Ward is in another list. One I believe these guys will make it to in 1 1/2 - 2 years.

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 10:44 AM
We now have a really good excuse to go to the Gold Coast in June. :)

Scorlibo
31-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Every single one of our future midfield group has the potential to win a Brownlow:

Cooney - already got one.
Griffen
Higgins
Ward
Liberatore

I can't remember the last time we showed a more talented midfield.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
31-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I like the Footscray End (complete with the Hyde St Band and the bulldog asleep in its kennel) - feels more like a genuine home game.

Chicago1
31-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't have to spend my summer worrying about flying back to Melbourne for the Finals this year. Last year I even booked a flight which I later postponed until two months ago.

I have a fantastic pic of Crossy and me, taken at the Whitten Oval, which now adorns the Bulldogs wall in my room.

I'll get around to replacing the 2002 team poster I have in my room with the new 2011 I have eventually.

I'll be meeting up with a WOOFer in two weeks to go to a couple of Cubs games.

But best of all... I don't have to get up at 2am every Friday morning to do the 774 radio tipping.

choconmientay
31-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Not sure if this belong to the positive or not: Plenty of media coverages this year for the dogs (but not always for good reasons ;)

immortalmike
31-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Tony Liberatore's son is not only playing regular senior football but is playing well and has a very nice left boot on him. That alone will get me through the rest of the year....

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Christian " Howitzer " Howard making his debut in a tough game

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8193/firingcannonanimated.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/firingcannonanimated.gif/)

LostDoggy
14-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Rather than spend hundreds of dollars on finals tickets, I can spend hundreds of dollars on concert tickets instead!! At least with concerts I usually leave happy. :D

LostDoggy
14-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Morris deserves a Victoria Cross week in week out. Total hero.

Stack was really good against St Kilda. I had two mates from other teams with me and both they and I loved his efforts.

Matthew Boyd's heart. Weighed against phar laps it's a balanced scale.

Chris Grant's passion and honest, intelligent insights. He's gone up three more levels in my best bloke ever awards this year.

anfo27
15-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Getting some games into some kids is a great thing and rocket coming out of contract at the end of the year will save us plenty of coin.

Dry Rot
15-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Getting some games into some kids is a great thing

Yeah, I'm enjoying that despite our losses.

I like the look of Jones (please fix your kicking), Libba, Howard and Dahlhaus, even Stack at times.

Hope we can see if Vesper and Panos can play at this level.

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 09:23 AM
In 2.5 seasons time i think Jones will be in the top 5 dangerous tall forwards in the comp with his marking, pace and athletic ability.

I don't think there has been a debutant this season that i haven't seen massive upside with, or at least been pleased with what they have given in their games to date (Mulligan and Markovic).

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 09:57 AM
The positives for me would be the blooding of our young guns - Wallis, Liberatore, Dalhouse (spelling?) and getting another year of experience into Jones and Grant. Not having to spend a fortune in September will be a bonus I guess! I am more than happy for getting game time into the younger guys to continue for the rest of the year, and who knows, now that the pressure is basically off them, anything can happen!:D

ledge
15-06-2011, 10:04 AM
The chance to get social membership next year!

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 10:37 AM
The chance to get social membership next year!

You can have mine, I won't be renewing my social club next year. Will keep my reserved seat though.

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 10:49 AM
You can have mine, I won't be renewing my social club next year. Will keep my reserved seat though.

Continuous social club members get Tier 1 access, so if we make the GF and you've been a SC member for >2 years, you get first dibs before the other SC members. Just something to think about before ditching the SC off your membership.

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Continuous social club members get Tier 1 access, so if we make the GF and you've been a SC member for >2 years, you get first dibs before the other SC members. Just something to think about before ditching the SC off your membership.

I've had it for 4 years now. I know it's a weird way to think but I believe that if I continue to get social club membership we will not make the grand final. If I ditch it, maybe we will!! I'd be doing it for the good of the team!! :D

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I've had it for 4 years now. I know it's a weird way to think but I believe that if I continue to get social club membership we will not make the grand final. If I ditch it, maybe we will!! I'd be doing it for the good of the team!! :D

My girlfriend is trying to convince me that she's the curse, so she can get out of trudging along to the footy each week. I said, "Woman..." and put the foot down ;) and she's back in it for the long haul.

Positives? For me:

1. Stack -- still crap, but far better than last year.
2. Libba, Wally, Dahlhous, Howard, etc. -- can't wait for the Mike Sheahan article on Howard, praising the Dogs for bucking the trend and popular opinion when they drafted him.
3. Less abuse of Gia -- this abuse has been better spread across the playing group this season.
4. The blowtorch -- due to our form over recent years, many senior players that needed the torch applied years ago are finally feeling the heat. This is a good growth opportunity for the team.
5. Shouting out "Libba!" "Wally!!" "Granty!" at every match is warmth for my heart.

DragzLS1
15-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Positives signs and improvement in the group and a good look into our future (which is looking good may I add)

OLD SCRAGGer
15-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm positive that regardless of our position on the ladder, we barrack for THE BEST team in AFL :)

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
15-06-2011, 01:13 PM
i'm not ready to be positive yet.. still sulking... though i will make an attempt...something positive... how about not having Rocket as coach anymore... or not having to keep september clear... might even have time to smell the daffodils flower this spring...

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
15-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I've got it... I can concentrate on improving my handicap...

LostDoggy
15-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Didn't go down to Geelong...and missed last weeks game due to a Wedding (thankfully else I would have been sulking about the Cross decision all weekend). So im looking forward to the Adelaide game and watching some live footy.

Also got a wicked new avatar (and apologies if anyone else has it, the boofy hair is brilliant)

Hope there's still positiveness left this time next week

azabob
15-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Are you sure?

LostDoggy
16-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I have been paying social club since time began main reason for the grand final tickets. STILL WAITING, not going to drop it now.

LostDoggy
16-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Are you sure?

That's what they tell us in the SC stuff we get. If they've changed it recently, I don't know. I'd put it as 95% confidence.

westdog54
18-06-2011, 01:44 AM
We won!

Can't get much more positive than that.

LostDoggy
18-06-2011, 02:41 AM
We won!

Can't get much more positive than that.

Yes, we won but even better was Schofield taking on Tippet , I,d love to know what Schooner ( I,ll call him Schooner cos if you put a tennis ball on top of a schooner glass , thats what he looks like ) , as I was saying I,d love to know what Schooner was saying to Tippet , I,m an alright lip reader and it looked like " Oh yeah I,ve got no neck but you,ve got the IQ of fish fingers " , something like that , awesome

Chicago1
18-06-2011, 04:34 AM
I went to my first Cubs game on Tuesday with a WOOFer and his family who are visiting Chicago and the Cubs won. I got up at 4.30am to watch us win today online(I just woke up after another five hours sleep). It's sunny and about 29C right now AND the weekend's coming up! :p

chef
18-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes, we won but even better was Schofield taking on Tippet , I,d love to know what Schooner ( I,ll call him Schooner cos if you put a tennis ball on top of a schooner glass , thats what he looks like ) , as I was saying I,d love to know what Schooner was saying to Tippet , I,m an alright lip reader and it looked like " Oh yeah I,ve got no neck but you,ve got the IQ of fish fingers " , something like that , awesome

He looks like Kepler Bradley's mini me.

Jasper
18-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Dahlhaus - is exactly the type of player we have needed for the past couple of years. He fits the modern game perfectly. Fast, courageous, strong fwd pressure, sticks tackles, wants to tackle, seems to keep running (and to the right spots), okay skills, did I say fast...?

Personally am very excited about Dahlhaus' potential - so I excited I even looked up how to spell his name..

comrade
18-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Dahlhaus - is exactly the type of player we have needed for the past couple of years. He fits the modern game perfectly. Fast, courageous, strong fwd pressure, sticks tackles, wants to tackle, seems to keep running (and to the right spots), okay skills, did I say fast...?

Personally am very excited about Dahlhaus' potential - so I excited I even looked up how to spell his name..

Yep, nice get by Dalrymple.

We've had a very good immediate return from our 2010 class and now Howard is coming along and Tutt is banging the door down.

Maybe he's a better recruiter than I thought.

azabob
18-06-2011, 10:37 AM
That's what they tell us in the SC stuff we get. If they've changed it recently, I don't know. I'd put it as 95% confidence.

Ah ok, have been SC for a long time perhaps I should read the info.

ledge
18-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Dahlhaus, the McMahon look alike but a has football brain and skill.

The Coon Dog
18-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Funny, I said the same thing last night at the game.

westdog54
18-06-2011, 11:50 AM

And enough courage to win the hard ball.

westdog54
18-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I was saying I,d love to know what Schooner was saying to Tippet , I,m an alright lip reader and it looked like " Oh yeah I,ve got no neck but you,ve got the IQ of fish fingers " , something like that , awesome

Although I highly doubt it, still sounds hilariously funny.

I too would love to know what he said. After some of the lines he came out with against Freo in the pre-season, would have beeen quality I'm sure.

w3design
18-06-2011, 12:11 PM
as I was saying I,d love to know what Schooner was saying to Tippet , I,m an alright lip reader and it looked like " Oh yeah I,ve got no neck but you,ve got the IQ of fish fingers " , something like that , awesome

Although I highly doubt it, still sounds hilariously funny.

I too would love to know what he said. After some of the lines he came out with against Freo in the pre-season, would have beeen quality I'm sure.

Looked like he just went to bump Tippet to test out the Crowboy's injured shoulder, then when Kurt decked him he just pointed at the scoreboard.

Or maybe Schoey watches SA television. For those who don't- Tippett does an advert for Balfours pastries called "Tippet's tips". It's extremely painful and lame, although I think that is the point.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-06-2011, 10:07 AM
As this is a positive thread, I'm going to be the first to call it...

Our season is back on track!

Well when we beat GC this week, it puts us a game out of the 8.

bornadog
23-06-2011, 10:31 AM
The biggest positive to date is playing all the debutants and giving them a crack at the big time.

Greystache
23-06-2011, 01:31 PM
The biggest positive to date is playing all the debutants and giving them a crack at the big time.

And most of them showing a bit too.

LostDoggy
23-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Speaking of positives, I thought Howard showed a bit in his first few games. He moves and competes well, he trys to do too much with his kicks but that will come with time.

Anyone have any idees as to why he has been dropped and not given an extended run?

Mofra
23-06-2011, 02:30 PM
He had a good go at Hall during the intra-club too, not short on lip. I think we need a bit of mongrel.

Bulldog Joe
23-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Speaking of positives, I thought Howard showed a bit in his first few games. He moves and competes well, he trys to do too much with his kicks but that will come with time.

Anyone have any idees as to why he has been dropped and not given an extended run?

He did go missing when the heat was on in the last against the Saints. Maybe he was the one who should have covered where Goddard got a clear run for goal?

Perhaps there was a lesson for him to learn. I did see somewhere that he said Rocket let him have it on the Monday. Good to see him back up and be in the bests at Willi.

Ghost Dog
26-07-2011, 09:35 PM
ok, bump the positive thread.

Dahlhaus is going to be lots of fun to watch and never thought he would be in there this season.

Also, with so many outs, more new faces to enjoy having a look at.

SonofScray
26-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Lock the thread IMO. Would prefer we all wallow in self pity.

What a bust this season has been. On a positive note, sort of, I don't want to go back to being shit and enjoying a win to the extent that Norf fans did over us because they are so insignificant. I expected better and no longer will settle for less. Thats a good sign in terms of a culture shift.

Rocco Jones
26-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Lock the thread IMO. Would prefer we all wallow in self pity.

Hahaha, despite being the creator of this thread, I came into this thread right now to come say lock it.

Ironically perhaps the positivity is we can laugh at our misfortune? Anyways, it should be renamed after Dahlhaus.

w3design
26-07-2011, 10:54 PM
My positive? I now appreciate more than ever how much fun it is to be in finals, to have a successful, premiership challenging team to support..because for the next year or two..I won't say any more, it's the positive thread!

Rocco Jones
26-07-2011, 10:59 PM
My positive? I now appreciate more than ever how much fun it is to be in finals, to have a successful, premiership challenging team to support..because for the next year or two..I won't say any more, it's the positive thread!

Yep. Not don't we should settle for 3rd (hush mediocrity haters) but it sure does put 'we only made the prelim, again!' whinging into perspective. Feels odd thinking we were genuinely contemplating sacking a guy because he kept on coaching us to prelim losses.

BulldogBelle
27-07-2011, 12:43 AM
I can find a positive (or two) ...... Isn't it marvellous that Chris Grant re-captured his love of AFL this year and as a result we get to see and hear alot more of him on TV and radio.

Also, I find it positive that we resisted the urge to dust off, wheel out and crank over Mitch Hahn at any point in the season.

The Adelaide Connection
27-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I can find a positive (or two) ...... Isn't it marvellous that Chris Grant re-captured his love of AFL this year and as a result we get to see and hear alot more of him on TV and radio.

Also, I find it positive that we resisted the urge to dust off, wheel out and crank over Mitch Hahn at any point in the season.

You may have spoken a bit too early. With Lake going under the knife they can put him on the Long term injury list and promote Hahn should they want to.When we mathematically can't make it they will reisist the urge to play him, but if we make the finals we may see him yet.

LostDoggy
27-07-2011, 01:19 AM
You may have spoken a bit too early. With Lake going under the knife they can put him on the Long term injury list and promote Hahn should they want to.When we mathematically can't make it they will reisist the urge to play him, but if we make the finals we may see him yet.

I give you Matty Panos! Surely it is time.

Chicago1
27-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm just glad that I was able to see us win two of our matches this year. Oh, yeah... I have to admit that it's nice not feeling the pressure to book a flight to fly out for the Finals this year. And it's fantastic not having to be up every Friday at 2.45am to do footy tipping on 774. :p

I wish I could be more positive about my Cubbies. They're 18 games under .500 with only sixty games to go. I've been to three games - the same number of Doggies matches I've been to this year. Oh well... :(

jasopan
28-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Hey guys whose seen the preview on AFL's website? Dogs to win by 3 being the prediction with no real reasoning :/ Means nothing but surprised to see it
Thoughts?

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 10:45 AM

If that happened i'd look for our results in the Monday paper.

Ghost Dog
28-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Personally, I think all our injuries can be looked at as being a blessing in disguise.
We have to learn to live without Boyd, Morris, Lake, these types.
What we will lose in games, our second tier players will gain in experience.
At the end of the day, we were never going to catch Collingwood this season.

Still, this season is a huge disappointment. The above doesn't change that.

Maddog37
28-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Personally, I think all our injuries are a blessing in disguise.
We have to learn to live without Boyd, Morris, Lake, these types.
What we will lose in games, our second tier players will gain in experience.
At the end of the day, we were never going to catch Collingwood this season.

This has been my view of the entire season. We were not going to ever challenge the Pies based on the fact we were worse last year than we were the year before.

The trouble is you get sucked in to thinking players like Wallis and Libba and to a lesser degree Skinner etc are somehow going to magically make a difference.

In all honesty I believe Gilbee, Gia, Hudson, Shaggy and Cross should all be told they will not be guaranteed a game and if they would prefer a trade then no worries. The problem is that the players that should be pushing them out like Reid, Hill, Stack, Cordy, Roughead etc have not come on enough to challenge them.

The old warriors cannot take us to a flag and that is fact. Are the young kids any better though?????????

Desipura
28-07-2011, 12:18 PM
This has been my view of the entire season. We were not going to ever challenge the Pies based on the fact we were worse last year than we were the year before.

The trouble is you get sucked in to thinking players like Wallis and Libba and to a lesser degree Skinner etc are somehow going to magically make a difference.

In all honesty I believe Gilbee, Gia, Hudson, Shaggy and Cross should all be told they will not be guaranteed a game and if they would prefer a trade then no worries. The problem is that the players that should be pushing them out like Reid, Hill, Stack, Cordy, Roughead etc have not come on enough to challenge them.

The old warriors cannot take us to a flag and that is fact. Are the young kids any better though?????????

Having been saying this all year. Im pi$$ed off we had no real contigency for when the likes of Hudson and Hall retire.

Curly5
28-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey guys whose seen the preview on AFL's website? Dogs to win by 3 being the prediction with no real reasoning :/ Means nothing but surprised to see it
Thoughts?

Tell 'em they're dreamin'. ;)

In a positive way of course. :D

Mantis
28-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Having been saying this all year. Im pi$$ed off we had no real contigency for when the likes of Hudson and Hall retire.

I call crap Desi.

Roughead & Cordy were both drafted in 2008 and are being groomed to take over from Hudson. We have Minson as well.

Jones & Grant have been drafted in the past 4 years and are seen as tall forwards when Hall retires.

Desipura
28-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I call crap Desi.

Roughead & Cordy were both drafted in 2008 and are being groomed to take over from Hudson. We have Minson as well.

Jones & Grant have been drafted in the past 4 years and are seen as tall forwards when Hall retires.
Have you been to a game this year? And I dont mean watching it on tv.
Tell me when Grant has played full forward?
Roughead being groomed at Williamstown? Well he is in for a real shock if Huddo retires at seasons end with only a few senior games under his belt this season.

Cordy has not played a game yet, not that I think the MC have erred in not playing him. I agree that he needs to string together more games at Willi.
There is a big gap between groming a player and a contigency which means actually getting games at senior level.
You might be happy that we continued to play Huddo without giving Roughy games, makes the transition next season even bigger for Roughy.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Its the positive thread Desi - what are you doing here?

Desipura
28-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Its the positive thread Desi - what are you doing here?
I was looking for the smart a$$ thread that you constantly are in.

Mantis
28-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Have you been to a game this year? And I dont mean watching it on tv..

Other commitments and the like have restricted me to about 6 or 7 games this year.

I will be going to our remaining games in Melb... Will you?

Tell me when Grant has played full forward?
Roughead being groomed at Williamstown? Well he is in for a real shock if Huddo retires at seasons end with only a few senior games under his belt this season.

Cordy has not played a game yet, not that I think the MC have erred in not playing him. I agree that he needs to string together more games at Willi.
There is a big gap between groming a player and a contigency which means actually getting games at senior level.
You might be happy that we continued to play Huddo without giving Roughy games, makes the transition next season even bigger for Roughy.

It's pretty obvious to all that the 3 mentioned (and Jones) aren't ready to play key roles yet. In the meantime we have played Hall & Hudson who both have struggled on previous years output, but are still valuable players within our team.

If Roughead had performed well when given his opportunity early this year I have no doubt he would be still in the team, but his body wasn't ready for the rigours of top level footy, but it would be hoped that after another full pre-season (hopefully no more surgery this year) he will become a permanent member of the team next season.... until that day Huddo will continue to battle away and Roughy will continue to develop at a lower level.

Desipura
28-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Other commitments and the like have restricted me to about 6 or 7 games this year.

I will be going to our remaining games in Melb... Will you?

Are you questioning my loyalty? Come and see me when you have been to all games in Melbourne bar an average of 2 each season, for the last 28 years.
On a positive note: that kid Dahlhaus addresses a need on our forward line.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 05:09 PM
the twat has just tweeted that West Coast have been speaking with Brian lake.

Funny that Aker considering he is contacted to us for what should be the rest of his career

http://twitter.com/#!/Jason_Akermanis

Maddog37
28-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Are you questioning my loyalty? Come and see me when you have been to all games in Melbourne bar an average of 2 each season, for the last 28 years.

Sounds like you need to get a life Desi.:D

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I call crap Desi.

Given Grant's build you would hardly call him a tall forward. Isn't anywhere near strong enough to be classed as a key forward. Jones has improved this year but still has a fair way to go to reach the required standard of the better forwards going around. Cordy's development has been slow. Roughead certainly looks as if he will be a regular ruckman next year.

Pickenitup
28-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Josh Kennedy is out this week at so at least he wont feast on us again.

Mantis
29-07-2011, 09:32 AM

I have pretty much done that (and then some) so what's your point?

You were the guy who was sprouting in another thread that you weren't going to the last game so I thought you had chucked it in.

Desipura
29-07-2011, 09:46 AM
I have pretty much done that (and then some) so what's your point?

You were the guy who was sprouting in another thread that you weren't going to the last game so I thought you had chucked it in.
My point is although I am not going this weekend (even if I wanted to go, I could not due to other committments), anyhow who are you to question my loyalty. Get off your high horse!

If I am pi$$ed off with how we are performing and stated I am not going to the footy this weekend, I am being honest, I was not sprouting as you put it. If you had read my posts, I stated I would still be a member, thats not chucking it in.

Anyhow, best you ignore my posts as I will to yours. Your silly little questions to posters questioning their opinions is getting very tiring.
Try be littling someone else, you are good at that.

On a positive note: I hope Roughy is in for the remainder of the season.

LostDoggy
29-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Considering that we're The Dogs, I suppose it's particularly apt that 'the positive thread' has turned shithouse. :)

Ghost Dog
29-07-2011, 10:59 AM

That's positive!
Oh and thanks to whoever smacked Kennedy in the eye with a tennis ball. That's positive too

LostDoggy
29-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Just caught up with the latest posts and was wondering if my computer had a cliche as the posts were starting to get very negative! C'mon guys, we all have opinions but let's not turn on one another like some fans! Bulldogs bark and bite, but never eat their young! :D

Surely no NicNac nor Kennedy (nor Kerr) is a positive???

chef
29-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm flying to Vanuatu for two weeks on Sunday:). That's pretty positive.

BulldogBelle
29-07-2011, 08:36 PM
I've cleaned up a few posts from this thread - now back to some positivity.... :)

ledge
29-07-2011, 08:48 PM
A few kids getting a game this week woohoo, kick arse Libber, Dahlhaus and Roughy!

comay
29-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I love Bulldog, I will and always cheer them up and barracks for them even they loose the game :)

Maddog37
29-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Being a Dog supporter is for me a badge of honour. It speaks of loyalty in the face of hopelessness. Faith in times of defeat and a never ending hope for that one glorious day in the sun.

It is a beautiful thing.

Ghost Dog
30-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Being a Dog supporter is for me a badge of honour. It speaks of loyalty in the face of hopelessness. Faith in times of defeat and a never ending hope for that one glorious day in the sun.

It is a beautiful thing.

There are many glorious days in the sun. Beating Carlton this year was one of them!
Can anyone tell, I really like this thread ^_^

LostDoggy
30-07-2011, 06:08 PM
At least we were not Melbourne today?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2011, 06:11 PM

Excellent point!

Daughter of the West
30-07-2011, 06:15 PM

I had that thought many times seeing the Melbourne v Geelong score flash up on the big screen!

BulldogBelle
30-07-2011, 08:27 PM
No matter how bad things are going, there's always someone out there doin' it tougher than you... Thanks Dees.

LostDoggy
30-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Will get to save some money not buying finals tickets.

G-Mo77
31-07-2011, 02:15 AM

Yep. Need the money as well this year so missing the finals comes at a good time. Late August/September is going to be really tough for me. We're building a new house and our loan will be huge around that time until my current house sells. I guess I should thank them for that.

Meh, I'd rather be broke! Finals time is going to suck!

Desipura
31-07-2011, 08:20 AM
I would rather be saying is it not great to be playing in a grand final! I could not care less how much it cost me to see us win one

Hotdog60
31-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Did the ladder predictor again and providing we don't loose another game for the year we beat Collingwood in the Grand Final.:D

bornadog
31-07-2011, 12:25 PM
12 of our players had less than 50 games yesterday, goes well for the future.

LostDoggy
31-07-2011, 12:51 PM

I think we had 10 with under 20 games yesterday.

Mantis
31-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Not to be a downer, but we had just 1 player who had played 50-99 games, WC had 7.

That's where the immediate improvement comes from.

Rocco Jones
31-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Not to be a downer, but we had just 1 player who had played 50-99 games, WC had 7.

That's where the immediate improvement comes from.

Yep. It's a big reason the Eagles have had their 'sudden' rise.

Mantis
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Williams, Picken, Ward have all played between 50- 99

Gotta love Footywire (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=5288) :rolleyes:

bornadog
01-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Gotta love Footywire (http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=5288) :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got the 12 from there as well, so on the recount I think we had 10 under 50 and three 50 to 99.

The Underdog
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM

This. I honestly would have struggled to afford them this year. Would have found a way but if there's any upside this is probably it.
Plus "the tiebreaker" is due to be born late September/early October so at least I won't have to choose between being at the birth of a child and a Bulldogs GF :)

bornadog
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
This. I honestly would have struggled to afford them this year. Would have found a way but if there's any upside this is probably it.
Plus "the tiebreaker" is due to be born late September/early October so at least I won't have to choose between being at the birth of a child and a Bulldogs GF :)

Bad timing there if we had of been any good this year. Must have had a good new year party;)

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 08:38 AM
If Barry Hall can kick another 8 goals for the season, he will be 14th on the highest goals kicked in VFL/AFL.

13th if he can kick 18 more goals(749). Just under Kevin Bartlett 778 goals.

Hotdog60
21-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Here's being super positive, if we win our last 3 games and both North and Sydney don't win another game we'll take 8th spot on the ladder.:D

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Here's being super positive, if we win our last 3 games and both North and Sydney don't win another game we'll take 8th spot on the ladder.:D

There is probably a better chance of Melbourne winning it's last three games (Rich, GC, Port) and if that happens they'll take 8th spot.

Hotdog60
21-08-2011, 01:54 PM
There is probably a better chance of Melbourne winning it's last three games (Rich, GC, Port) and if that happens they'll take 8th spot.

Ahhh!!! HairyMidget this is the positive thread. Stop those negative vibes.:)

westdog54
21-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Jason Tutt has made an otherwise forgettable game unforgettable.