PDA

View Full Version : Tom Williams up Forward

bulldogsthru&thru
31-05-2011, 04:27 PM
With the forever going search of a power-forward, i thought the move against the Hawks to put Tom Williams forward poses an intriguing question. Does Tom Williams have a bright future as our power-forward? Should he change roles and become a forward or should he remain in defense??

I have always thought Williams had the right physique for a full-forward role. The question is whether he can adapt. I think there were promising signs for him on the weekend. Also with the emergence of tall defenders in Markovic and Mulligan we may have his spot covered in defense.

What does everyone else think?

comrade
31-05-2011, 04:32 PM
He played like a crumbing forward, with both his goals pretty impressive snaps around the body from loose balls.

Personally, I think we’ve invested so much time into him as a CHB and he really showed good signs last year (and early this year, too) that he should stay down there. Now we know he has some goal sense, we can send him forward at times to disrupt defensive match ups, but for mine – he is a key defender first and foremost.

Let Jones, Grant, Cordy, Roughead and even potentially Panos develop as our tall forward options.

bornadog
31-05-2011, 04:36 PM
He played forward as he was taking on the resting ruckmans role. If we go into a game with two ruckman, I expect he will go back to CHB.

bulldogsthru&thru
31-05-2011, 04:36 PM
He played like a crumbing forward, with both his goals pretty
Let Jones, Grant, Cordy, Roughead and even potentially Panos develop as our tall forward options.

i think if we can get either Cordy or Roughead to develop as a forward then yes, i agree with you that Williams should stay at CHB. But i would like to see another tall key position forward line up alongside Jones. Whether Cordy or Roughead can become that is crucial to our success IMO. If they are too immobile, Williams may be our best option. At least we have these options up forward these days :)

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure it would send the right message to the young forwards if they keep Williams forward. I'd expect him to only head down to the forward line if there isn't a match up for him, or if we plan to "expose" a lack of height in other teams' defenses. I didn't notice a change in defensive pressure with him down there either.

always right
31-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I liked him up forward. Was able to play on instinct rather than having to focus on his opponent. Worth perservering with depending on the match-ups.

Rocco Jones
31-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I liked him up forward. Was able to play on instinct rather than having to focus on his opponent. Worth perservering with depending on the match-ups.

I agree.

As most posters who pay ant attention to me know, I am very much against playing two pure ruckemen/pro part timers as 2nd rucks. The part timer failing can be a self fulfilling prophecy if a player is only given the chance to play the role once every couple of months. I would like to see Tom get a real crack at it and develop into the role. I thought he did well considering his lack of experience in the role.

Long term I probably see him as a key back but having a go at the 2nd ruck role won't mean he forgets everything he knows about playing down back, in fact, it might even be good for his development as a backman to understand the other side.

Rance Fan
31-05-2011, 06:28 PM
He could be our new FF post Hall.
Less pressure on him.
Hes an ok mark and kick.
Tall and athletic may be a better option!

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 07:02 PM

Yes, I think Rocket and the MC wanted to see if he could be effective as a rotating tall/ back-up ruckman , in what was certainly a patched together lineup with Markovic out and Lake back in to get game time we went with a smaller more mobile backline . I,m sure that because the Hawthorn forwards cover a lot of ground and to try to give us a tall mobile target they moved Williams forward , if everything went to plan Williams would have dragged a player away from Hall and provided some dummy leads to open some space for BBB but Hall broke down and Williams had to work it out for himself . The fact that our once reliable source of goals from running midfielders slotting them from 40m after running into the 50 has dried up , Hall hampered by injury , Grant and Jones on a steep learning curve the decision was made to experiment . The fact that Williams only had 8 disposals but was able to create 2 goals and made 3 tackles give's Rocket and the MC something to work with . If you take Higgins and Giansiracusa out of the equation the forward line against Geelong could look like this

HF:.....Sherman...Jones...Howard
FF:...Djerrkura..Williams...Grant..

bornadog
31-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes, I think Rocket and the MC wanted to see if he could be effective as a rotating tall/ back-up ruckman , in what was certainly a patched together lineup with Markovic out and Lake back in to get game time we went with a smaller more mobile backline . I,m sure that because the Hawthorn forwards cover a lot of ground and to try to give us a tall mobile target they moved Williams forward , if everything went to plan Williams would have dragged a player away from Hall and provided some dummy leads to open some space for BBB but Hall broke down and Williams had to work it out for himself . The fact that our once reliable source of goals from running midfielders slotting them from 40m after running into the 50 has dried up , Hall hampered by injury , Grant and Jones on a steep learning curve the decision was made to experiment . The fact that Williams only had 8 disposals but was able to create 2 goals and made 3 tackles give's Rocket and the MC something to work with . If you take Higgins and Giansiracusa out of the equation the forward line against Geelong could look like this

HF:.....Sherman...Jones...Howard
FF:...Djerrkura..Williams...Grant..

Why would you take Gia out?

Also Williams kicked two plus he had a hand in a nice handball to Gia who put through a great banana kick from the pocket.

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Why would you take Gia out?

Also Williams kicked two plus he had a hand in a nice handball to Gia who put through a great banana kick from the pocket.

I,d prefer Gia went to the bench , DJ comes in to give us more defensive pressure , against Hawthorn Gia only made one tackle , yes he can be creative around goal but only one tackle gives an example of one stat that allowed Hawthorn to rebound , Williams made 3 tackles ,BBB has only made 1 tackle this season, on his performance Williams stays at FF , yes , Scarlett might give him the run around but at least it,s a competitive match up

Bumper Bulldogs
31-05-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure I liked the idea of Tommy at FF, I though against the Hawks we could have had him down back and Gilbee out of the square, after the Richmond game I thought it was worth a punt.

The side was down on ball usage but would have Gilbee given us a better miss match and he has shown he knows were to run, Gilbee had no impact down back so it could have bought him into the game (a little like Murphy last year when he started down back got his touch then moved forward) .......We'll never know as the coaching staff just rolled with the times.

Rocco Jones
31-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I,d prefer Gia went to the bench , DJ comes in to give us more defensive pressure

I've seen you refer to players playing off the bench a few times. Do you realise that outside of the two players involved in subbing and others who get injured, everyone else spends just about the same amount of TOG. Have a look at the TOG stats. Outside of Bailey and Reid (due to his hammy issues) everyone else had TOG in the 80s% and a few in the 90%.

The difference between your 6th and 7th best forward options would be about 2% TOG, roughly speaking that's 3 minutes game time.

kruder
31-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I've always thought Hargrave would be a great lead up forward.

He has nice speed, solid mark and is a lovely kick for goal.

immortalmike
31-05-2011, 09:44 PM
One thing that did impress me on the weekend was Tommy's defensive workrate in the forward 50. He tackled, harassed, and generally put alot of pressure on Hawthorn's backs. Too bad some of the others weren't as willing to follow his example.

LostDoggy
31-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Less pressure on him at FF and his stuff ups would be less damaging.

1eyedog
31-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Big enough and athletic enough to play there. I have a problem with his ability to read the ball through the air and if he gets too much time to think about it his kicking for goal. Other terrible kicks have been more than handy forwards though. I was having a think about some key backs who carved out a career in the forward line.

Neitz (kicked over 500 goals there)
Ryder played back for 2-3 years now rarely plays there
Kosi (prob played his best early football there)
Stoneham played three seasons at CHB

Plenty more failed.

I think Williams may be worth a look.

1eyedog
31-05-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm not sure it would send the right message to the young forwards if they keep Williams forward. I'd expect him to only head down to the forward line if there isn't a match up for him, or if we plan to "expose" a lack of height in other teams' defenses. I didn't notice a change in defensive pressure with him down there either.

What do you mean what message? I would say Grant improve your game because I'm going to have a look at Tom down there,. Sheez I work in a very small market where I am not easily replaceable too, granted I don't get anywhere near what these blokes do but if my boss came up to me and said this the last thing I would be worried about is my feelings on the matter. Need to lift. I think Grant needs some competition down there, he was way too comfortable.

LostDoggy
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
my concern is that if he plays up forward will he be expected to play in the rucks also. I thought he was pretty ordinary in the ruck (and has been everytime he has been put there) - hopefully he doesn't have to go there again...

Mantis
01-06-2011, 10:21 AM
my concern is that if he plays up forward will he be expected to play in the rucks also. I thought he was pretty ordinary in the ruck (and has been everytime he has been put there) - hopefully he doesn't have to go there again...

'Pretty ordinary' doesn't do justice to how bad he was in the ruck.. F***ing horrible is a much better term to use.

ratsmac
01-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I like the idea of Tommy at FF. But if we can't hit Barry Hall on the chest, what makes Tommy any different. I can't remember Tommy taking a big pack mark ever, and the way that we have been delivering the ball into our forward line since the arrival of Baz, seems to be long bombs more than not. This doesn't suit our best forwards, let alone Tom Williams. It's worth trialling him there for a few weeks but Tommy may be a 'pinch hitter' at best IMO.

always right
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I like the idea of Tommy at FF. But if we can't hit Barry Hall on the chest, what makes Tommy any different. I can't remember Tommy taking a big pack mark ever, and the way that we have been delivering the ball into our forward line since the arrival of Baz, seems to be long bombs more than not. This doesn't suit our best forwards, let alone Tom Williams. It's worth trialling him there for a few weeks but Tommy may be a 'pinch hitter' at best IMO.

Not saying he is "the answer" but well worth the experiment. I've actually seen him take plenty of strong overhead contested marks (hardly anyone takes "pack marks" nowadays) and playing forward would encourage him to go for these more often.

azabob
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
It appears with Mulligan debuting this week, the Williams up forward experiment will continue according to Brett Montgomery.

Ozza
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I have my doubts about Williams up forward - for anything more than a pinch hitting option if we can get a mismatch. I'm sure he will get better - but lets give too much regard to his 2 goals on the weekend - neither goal came about in a way that we would see him getting regular goals. A snap from 50 and a snap from 25 after Picken overcooked a kick to Baz - we can't really count on him doing that too often.

Hopefully he can get on the end of some passes this week - but at this stage - I don't see him as a regular forward option.

LostDoggy
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
With Hall a likely out this week, I like to see Mulligan or Markovic come into the side. This would give us the flexibility to alternate Lake and Williams up forward.

If Markovic was chosen ahead of Mulligan, he might also be used as a relief ruckman, and possibly be another option up forward.

We must have a strong bodied marking option up forward - Lake would be our best option out of the 3.

Nuggety Back Pocket
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
'Pretty ordinary' doesn't do justice to how bad he was in the ruck.. F***ing horrible is a much better term to use.

Williams was clueless in the ruck and given his lack of forward knowledge looks better suited at CHB. In a lack lustre attack against Hawthorn his two goals were handy in a badly beaten side. We need Hudson back in the ruck against Geelong which means Minson can be expected to play a fair bit of the game in attack replacing Williams which was a bold stop gap move at best against the Hawks.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
i think we need to develop another tall forward to replace the loss of Hall though. We cant have 2-3 pinch hitting forwards as there will be too many part-timers. I think give Williams i few more shots to see how he adapts. Having Lake/Williams/Minson/Markovic/Mulligan as pinch-hitting forwards will disrupt the forward-line.

always right
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
i think we need to develop another tall forward to replace the loss of Hall though. We cant have 2-3 pinch hitting forwards as there will be too many part-timers. I think give Williams i few more shots to see how he adapts. Having Lake/Williams/Minson/Markovic/Mulligan as pinch-hitting forwards will disrupt the forward-line.

How do we find out if he is more than a pinch hitting forward if we don't try him there? I'm not going to come to a conclusion based on one match. I did however see enough to say it is worthwhile experimenting a little more. What have we got to lose?

chef
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
With this season being shot I'm happy for us to trial as many players and positions as we can.

LostDoggy
01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Compare Williams to Hall isn't right when Hall is finished and Tommy has some future. Hall was lost when he couldn't mark, at least Tommy chases.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I've got doubts whether Williams can EVER be a CHB. He simply doesn't have the football nous to curb the good players. It's an area he hasn't improved in, either.

I think FF/CHF could be his role. He's got a decent tank, good skills and a solid pair of hands. Showed last week he's able to crumb a ball too. He's quick, so if he can apply defensive pressure, that's also a win.

Plus, wasn't he recruited to the club with the view of being a CHF?

Sedat
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I've got doubts whether Williams can EVER be a CHB. He simply doesn't have the football nous to curb the good players. It's an area he hasn't improved in, either.I reckon he's improved significantly as a CHB with the requisite football nous in the last 18 months. We all know that he absolutely stinks first game back from a spell, and I think we're reading too much into the West Coast game (not that I saw it and how terrible he was in it).

This is the same Tom Williams that has comprehensively beaten Travis Cloke the last 2 times he has played on him, despiute the fact that the ball was pumped into Cloke's vicinity 70+ times in each match. Cloke would have smashed Williams 2-3 years ago.

stefoid
02-06-2011, 05:14 PM
You might be onto something there, maybe he gets severe nerves after a spell.

But anyway, he has played one game up forward after a senior career playing back and he didn't totally stink, so lets see how he is going after 4 games.

I remember thinking harbrow in defense was the stupidest move Id ever heard of after his first game...

The Pie Man
02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
You might be onto something there, maybe he gets severe nerves after a spell.

But anyway, he has played one game up forward after a senior career playing back and he didn't totally stink, so lets see how he is going after 4 games.

I remember thinking harbrow in defense was the stupidest move Id ever heard of after his first game...

So did I :o

LostDoggy
05-06-2011, 10:15 AM

interesting that he was thrown in there again... got injured because he doesn't know how to ruck. Got smashed by an 18 year old playing his second game. Even blind freddy (and Robert Walls on CH10) can see he can't ruck. I am losing faith with the brains trust at the club when mistakes are repeated.

LostDoggy
05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
interesting that he was thrown in there again... got injured because he doesn't know how to ruck. Got smashed by an 18 year old playing his second game. Even blind freddy (and Robert Walls on CH10) can see he can't ruck. I am losing faith with the brains trust at the club when mistakes are repeated.

Why is necessarily the 'brain trust' fault maybe Tommy disn't follow instructions.

Bulldog Joe
05-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I am getting at bit over "not following instructions".

Tommy was much better when moved back in the 2nd half.

Instructions for Tommy for the remainder of 2011.

"Tommy you are the man. You will take the best opposition tall. Your job is first to stop and then create. You need to be with your man when the ball is in our forward half, but you must attack the ball when it is heading your way. Use your pace to get to the ball first. Mark when you can, spoil when you can't. Forget about trying to body your opponent when the ball is in the air. Just go at the ball. If you are out of position you must get a fist to it. If you have conceded best position allowing your opponent to lead into the ball bodywork won't help. The best option then is a fist into the ball."

Lets forget about Tommy being a ruckman or a forward and just let him settle into being the best key defender he can be.

Torocani
05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
In theory I don't mind Tommy playing forward but not if he has to also take on rucking duties. Yesterday when it looked like he had broken his ribs is a prime example of why you don't just chuck any player over 6-foot into the ruck. If the coaching panel keep persisting with Tom, who is already prone to injuries, in the ruck, it is only a matter of time before he does end up with broken ribs or a PCL injury. I don't understand why the club has decided against the idea of Minson and Huddo playing the same team with Will spending a fair amount of the time forward. At least he has the ability to take big grabs (yet to see this from Tom) and kick a few goals.

Really finding it hard to see the logic behind the coaching decisions at the moment...

bornadog
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I am getting at bit over "not following instructions".

Tommy was much better when moved back in the 2nd half.

Instructions for Tommy for the remainder of 2011.

"Tommy you are the man. You will take the best opposition tall. Your job is first to stop and then create. You need to be with your man when the ball is in our forward half, but you must attack the ball when it is heading your way. Use your pace to get to the ball first. Mark when you can, spoil when you can't. Forget about trying to body your opponent when the ball is in the air. Just go at the ball. If you are out of position you must get a fist to it. If you have conceded best position allowing your opponent to lead into the ball bodywork won't help. The best option then is a fist into the ball."

Lets forget about Tommy being a ruckman or a forward and just let him settle into being the best key defender he can be.

Totally agree, the ruck experiment hasn't worked and he knows nothing about the forward line. He has played his best football at CHB. Forget the West Coast game, one game from 60 odd that was bad. (not saying the other 59 were great, but the West Coast was his worse)

Rocco Jones
05-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Totally agree, the ruck experiment hasn't worked and he knows nothing about the forward line. He has played his best football at CHB. Forget the West Coast game, one game from 60 odd that was bad. (not saying the other 59 were great, but the West Coast was his worse)

Agreed, especially with Lake's issues down back.

As I said in the MC thread, before anything else Williams is a massive risk to his own physical wellbeing in the ruck.

always right
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
First time I've ever said this about Tom......drop him.

That effort against Scarlett when he allowed Scarlett to mark in the goal square and kick the goal was a disgrace. Has this bloke got a competitive bone in his body?

It had become a joke at to whether Geelong could manage to get Scarlett a goal. Any player worth his salt would have made it their mission not to let Scarlett get that goal. Not Tom. He made no effort to spoil the mark, simply putting his forearm in Scarlett's back and allowing Scarlett to jump at the ball unchallenged. It was the final straw for me and it should be highlighted at the team's video review.

Maddog37
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM

That effort against Scarlett when he allowed Scarlett to mark in the goal square and kick the goal was a disgrace. Has this bloke got a competitive bone in his body?

It had become a joke at to whether Geelong could manage to get Scarlett a goal. Any player worth his salt would have made it their mission not to let Scarlett get that goal. Not Tom. He made no effort to spoil the mark, simply putting his forearm in Scarlett's back and allowing Scarlett to jump at the ball unchallenged. It was the final straw for me and it should be highlighted at the team's video review.

How dare he get outplayed by a hack like Scarlett.:rolleyes:

Not the first and won't be the last player Scarlett has made look silly. I thought Tom was ok on the weekend. He is reminding me more and more of Kevin Walsh from the Bombers a few years back.

Rocco Jones
05-06-2011, 06:40 PM

If you have never wanted him dropped before this is a very odd time to start.

I think dropping someone after having them play as a ruck, forward and defender in the same game coming off a game where he played in an unfamiliar ruck/forward role is incredibly harsh. I don't rate Williams very highly but perhaps we should give him an opportunity to play in a set role before dropping him.

Sockeye Salmon
05-06-2011, 09:34 PM
If you have never wanted him dropped before this is a very odd time to start.

I think dropping someone after having them play as a ruck, forward and defender in the same game coming off a game where he played in an unfamiliar ruck/forward role is incredibly harsh. I don't rate Williams very highly but perhaps we should give him an opportunity to play in a set role before dropping him.

Funily enough, this is the first time I've wanted Tom dropped as well.

We play him as ruck support but he doesn't do that as well as Roughead, then we try to play him forward but he doesn't do that as well as Roughead, either. So why don't we just play Roughead?

We can't play Williams at CHB this week because he'd be on Riewoldt and there is only pain down that road.

Rocco Jones
05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
We can't play Williams at CHB this week because he'd be on Riewoldt and there is only pain down that road.

We surely will go with Morris on Riewoldt. Williams can take McEvoy/their 2nd ruck/any other tall they play forward.

Greystache
05-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Funily enough, this is the first time I've wanted Tom dropped as well.

We play him as ruck support but he doesn't do that as well as Roughead, then we try to play him forward but he doesn't do that as well as Roughead, either. So why don't we just play Roughead?

Which just makes his position in general questionable. Compare Williams at 24 with 64 games experience with Harry Taylor at 24 and 74 games experience, Taylor is 5-10 years ahead. Then when you factor in that Taylor gunned down the very player we need to hide Tom from in a grand final nearly 2 years ago then we have to start question how much Williams is actually improving. After 60 odd games we still can't trust him to pick up anyone better than a third string tall forward. If the club is starting to question his value as a CHB then why are we trying to teach him to somewhere else in the AFL, I would've thought Williamstown would be the best place for a project player.

always right
05-06-2011, 10:08 PM
How dare he get outplayed by a hack like Scarlett.:rolleyes:

Not the first and won't be the last player Scarlett has made look silly. I thought Tom was ok on the weekend. He is reminding me more and more of Kevin Walsh from the Bombers a few years back.

Have no problem if Scarlett legitimately outplays Williams. If you are able, watch the passage of play again and tell me if Williams actually made a contest. It pisses me off that our players get away with this sort of insipid effort.

always right
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
We surely will go with Morris on Riewoldt. Williams can take McEvoy/their 2nd ruck/any other tall they play forward.

Morris is the only defender in any sort of form we could even think of playing on Riewoldt.

boydogs
05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Lake forward & Williams back IMO. He also struggles coming back from a layoff, give him Kosi/McEvoy.

stefoid
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
So Williams isnt a superstar. Least of our problems. Lake and Hargrave arent getting any younger we will need to keep playing Tom - get more games into him. Playing Williams isnt going to ruin our season, afterall....

Like or not, Williams and Marcovic are the future spine of our defence until we can manage to draft a gun keypo defender. Defenders are a bit like fine wine, they tend to get better with age. Keep playing...

Desipura
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Which just makes his position in general questionable. Compare Williams at 24 with 64 games experience with Harry Taylor at 24 and 74 games experience, Taylor is 5-10 years ahead. Then when you factor in that Taylor gunned down the very player we need to hide Tom from in a grand final nearly 2 years ago then we have to start question how much Williams is actually improving. After 60 odd games we still can't trust him to pick up anyone better than a third string tall forward. If the club is starting to question his value as a CHB then why are we trying to teach him to somewhere else in the AFL, I would've thought Williamstown would be the best place for a project player.

Hard to disagree with this ^^^^^^. I was going to give him until the end of the season to judge what sort of player he may become.
Williams has played as many games as he has due to his agility not ability. If we had more accomplished kpp's on our list over the last few years, he would not have played as many games as he has.
He is still far too reactive of his opponent and needs to attack the marking contest rather than worrying about going body on body.
I would have thought he would be a more accomplished footballer than what he is currently showing.
Leave him at CHB, and hope he continues to improve. He was not brought up playing the game, hopefully his next 40 games are significantly better than his first 60 games!

Rocco Jones
06-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Morris is the only defender in any sort of form we could even think of playing on Riewoldt.

Morris now just has to play on the opposition's most dangerous forward, no matter what. Whether it be Stevie J, Buddy, Brown, Jurrah or the Riewoldts, he gets the number 1.

bornadog
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Morris now just has to play on the opposition's most dangerous forward, no matter what. Whether it be Stevie J, Buddy, Brown, Jurrah or the Riewoldts, he gets the number 1.

and its taking its toll with Stevie J giving him a bath.

Mofra
07-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Is Roughead fit though? He did injure his shoulder two weeks ago. At this stage of his career we might not be able to play him injured. If he's fit he would be one I want in the side, especially given the absence of Hall.

If Mulligan goes out, Tommy should get a full game in the defensive half.

Maddog37
07-06-2011, 11:27 AM
and its taking its toll with Stevie J giving him a bath.

Stevie J always chops Dale and whomever else we play on him up.........

bornadog
07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Is Roughead fit though? He did injure his shoulder two weeks ago. At this stage of his career we might not be able to play him injured. If he's fit he would be one I want in the side, especially given the absence of Hall.

If Mulligan goes out, Tommy should get a full game in the defensive half.

Spoke to Roughead at the airport in Adelaide last Friday and he said the shoulder was good. Played at FF in the foxtel cup and seemed ok.

Bulldog Joe
07-06-2011, 12:41 PM

With this week being make or break I think it is time to show faith in Tommy.

He was been earmarked for CHB as an athletic tall since the day he was recruited. It was to play on the Reiwoldt and Franklin types.

He has been there long enough.

I would be telling him: "You are the CHB and you know what is required. You will play in that position regardless for the next 4 rounds. We have faith in you just get out and do it because you are capable and you can turn this footy club around by doing the job you were recruited to do."

As I see it we cannot progress unless Tommy does the job and the way we are going there is nothing to lose.

Sedat
07-06-2011, 12:58 PM
With this week being make or break I think it is time to show faith in Tommy.

He was been earmarked for CHB as an athletic tall since the day he was recruited. It was to play on the Reiwoldt and Franklin types.

He has been there long enough.

I would be telling him: "You are the CHB and you know what is required. You will play in that position regardless for the next 4 rounds. We have faith in you just get out and do it because you are capable and you can turn this footy club around by doing the job you were recruited to do."

As I see it we cannot progress unless Tommy does the job and the way we are going there is nothing to lose.
I agree. If we play Morris on Roo then Milne or Schneider will fall off the chain. Tommy takes Roo, Mulligan takes the resting ruckman assuming that Lake plays forward, Morris take Tiprat and Wood takes Schneider. Shaggy is a swingman that can cover a tall or small that is burning - say Roo gerts a hold of Tommy, we can shift Morris to him and Shaggy can take Toprat.

Mofra
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Spoke to Roughead at the airport in Adelaide last Friday and he said the shoulder was good. Played at FF in the foxtel cup and seemed ok.
Cheers - is a positive. One who should be making designs on getting back to AFL level and staying there.

always right
07-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree. If we play Morris on Roo then Milne or Schneider will fall off the chain. Tommy takes Roo, Mulligan takes the resting ruckman assuming that Lake plays forward, Morris take Tiprat and Wood takes Schneider. Shaggy is a swingman that can cover a tall or small that is burning - say Roo gerts a hold of Tommy, we can shift Morris to him and Shaggy can take Toprat.

Picken has taken Schneider the last couple of tines and shut him out. He might get Milne this time round if Morris goes to Riewoldt.

Bulldog Revolution
07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm giving Riewoldt to Williams or Mulligan, and having Morris as the backup option starting on Milne

Picken Im sending to Montagna or Dal Santo