PDA

View Full Version : Dogs are cats of 2006

Ghost Dog
10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
"Are the Dogs 2011 the Cats of 2006? Although on the one hand, yes, i don't see that they've got the players to rebound next year. Geelong 2006 still had a fairly young list. Dogs will have to recruit well over summer.

But mostly, it will be interesting to see if the Dogs players 2011 (like the Cats' players 2006 did) can get behind their coach, take responsibility and blame, and commit to success next year."

Walls wrote an article today in theage potting the senior players. I won't bother posting it as someone else will.
But I liked this response from a reader, above

AndrewP6
11-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Jeez I hope so. An in-depth review led to premierships for the Cats.

azabob
11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Jeez I hope so. An in-depth review led to premierships for the Cats.

We have also had reviews and implemented leading teams ala Geelong.

AndrewP6
11-06-2011, 11:40 PM
We have also had reviews and implemented leading teams ala Geelong.

I know, and they've got us bugger all.

chef
11-06-2011, 11:56 PM
I know, and they've got us bugger all.

Three prelims in a row isn't bugger all, all we needed was a bit of luck as well.

AndrewP6
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Three prelims in a row isn't bugger all, all we needed was a bit of luck as well.

Maybe in '09, but this year, appalling skill, lack of forward structure and intensity often non-existent have been greater factors IMO. A bit of luck might've seen us pinch one or two games, but not more.

Dry Rot
12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
"[B]Are the Dogs 2011 the Cats of 2006? Although on the one hand, yes, i don't see that they've got the players to rebound next year.

The reader wasn't too smart - answered his own question.

No.

LostDoggy
12-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Maybe in '09, but this year, appalling skill, lack of forward structure and intensity often non-existent have been greater factors IMO. A bit of luck might've seen us pinch one or two games, but not more.
I can not work it out, I can understand how players can lose their pace over time, but how can this who have shown skills lose them in one season .
?

Dry Rot
12-06-2011, 12:48 AM
I can not work it out, I can understand how players can lose their pace over time, but how can this who have shown skills lose them in one season .
?

I reckon we were always dodgy against genuine pressure, but only the top 3 or 4 sides could do this to us in recent years.

Now we've had injuries etc we're exposed, and what was always there is being exposed by lesser teams.

Greystache
12-06-2011, 02:23 AM
I reckon we were always dodgy against genuine pressure, but only the top 3 or 4 sides could do this to us in recent years.

Now we've had injuries etc we're exposed, and what was always there is being exposed by lesser teams.

Spot on.