PDA

View Full Version : Dimma on SEN

aker39
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Started by saying that he categorically does NOT want to be Bulldogs president.

Respects everything that David Smorgon has done.

He wants to see best practice and for the club to reach it's full potential.

Does not want to be on the board at the moment.

Said that when he was asked a question by Damian Barrett, that he's answer of no comment was, in hindsight, probably not the best answer.

Said that for people to say he needs to put up or shut up, well he hasn't said anything, so how can he shut up.

Not trying to be devisive. Would like to see David Smorgon see out his term, but Smorgon has also said that if someone can come forward with $4million, he'd step down.

bornadog
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks A39, I just wonder how these stories get out. Does Barrett just make it up to drum up a story or is there some truth in the story but Dimma is deflecting?

I would say Dimma eventually will be on the board and whether that leads to being the President in the future, who knows.

My neighbour over the road's daughter is married to Smorgon's son and the neighbour says David is very easy going and would welcome any new blood to the Club if they had something to offer. David does not have an ego and would be just as happy to step down if the right person came to the club and offered something that would benefit the future of the club.

BulldogBelle
10-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I listened to Dima on SEN and whilst he gave every indidcation there was to be no coup and he didn't want to be president, I got an overwhelming sense that he was still withholding information... I think this is not the end of this story...

Cyberdoggie
10-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Perhaps Dimma was just sounding out the numbers to see what support there was on the matter?

LostDoggy
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
My neighbour over the road's daughter is married to Smorgon's son

Your Neighbours over the road wouldn't happen to be Brandon and Nicky would they?
My Wife works for a couple whose daughter is married to David's son. Being a Doggies fan, they had David get the players to sign a cap for her for her Birthday recently.

bornadog
10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Your Neighbours over the road wouldn't happen to be Brandon and Nicky would they?
My Wife works for a couple whose daughter is married to David's son. Being a Doggies fan, they had David get the players to sign a cap for her for her Birthday recently.

Nathan and Allana

aker39
10-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I listened to Dima on SEN and whilst he gave every indidcation there was to be no coup and he didn't want to be president, I got an overwhelming sense that he was still withholding information... I think this is not the end of this story...

I disagree.

People can have a listen for themselves and make up their own minds.

Part 1 - http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Paul-Dimmatina-Part-One/2484

Part 2 - http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Paul-Dimmatina-Part-Two/2483

The Bulldogs Bite
10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm with aker.

I thought Dimma handled himself extremely well. Great interview.

Bumper Bulldogs
10-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Why has he only come out now, a few weeks ago would have been handy!

Bloody more disruptions that we don't need.

bornadog
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Why has he only come out now, a few weeks ago would have been handy!

Bloody more disruptions that we don't need.

He said he was interstate the whole week.

Dog54
10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Another distraction is unwanted at the club. Seems to be enough going on inside the football department to worry about. Dimma needs to be more forward with his intentions. State his intentions or stay quiet.

ledge
10-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Another distraction is unwanted at the club. Seems to be enough going on inside the football department to worry about. Dimma needs to be more forward with his intentions. State his intentions or stay quiet.

He has stayed quiet its the media who have made a story out of jack.