PDA

View Full Version : Our opponents next week:Hawks

Dry Rot
21-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Lost a close one, will come out firing. Can we beat them?

LostDoggy
22-08-2007, 02:32 PM
not with our lack of form at the moment. too many question marks over too many players heads.

Dry Rot
22-08-2007, 02:46 PM
What do you make of the young hawks? Genuine top 4 material this year?

Bulldog Revolution
22-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Lost a close one, will come out firing. Can we beat them?

I thought there were some very good signs last week against Adelaide, it was obviously a scrappy game, but if we can use the ball a bit better going forward I think we could be a shot. We seemed far more ready to play contested football last week than at almost any stage of the year - and the challenge is to combine that with some of our free flowing forward movements.

Obviously the Hawks will be very fired up, they have copped a bit of media attention for their ill discipline in Tasmania.

bornadog
22-08-2007, 06:25 PM
The Hawks are beatable, they have not convinced me they are a top four side, but whether we can beat them will depend on what game plan we have. We seemed to have lost the plot this year trying all sorts of game plans that don't suit us. Both Gilbee and Johnno will be better for the run and Grant will steady the ship abit and straight us up.

Raw Toast
23-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Be interesting to see if Hargrave lines up against Franklin again - ruffled his feathers a bit last time after Franklin started well (on Wight I think).

4GIVME
23-08-2007, 10:44 PM
i would actually love to see tommy williams get a go against lance. would make a great contest.

Dry Rot
24-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Will tonight's big news help or hinder us?

firstdogonthemoon
24-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Will tonight's big news help or hinder us?

Now that depends on a couple of things. Firstly, what was the big news?

Dry Rot
24-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Now that depends on a couple of things. Firstly, what was the big news?

Ch7 aired drug allegations against a number of hawks players, but didn't name them. Injunction issued, so we can't really discuss this here. Don't want replicate the defamation on BF.

Big story - how will this affect the young Hawks on Sunday?

bornadog
25-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Big story - how will this affect the young Hawks on Sunday?

Shouldn't effect them too much. I just hope we put up a fight, I couldn't stand going to another match to see anopther flogging.