F: Luke Dahlhaus, William Minson, Daniel Giansiracusa

Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney

I/C: Ed Barlow, Nathan Djerrkura, Thomas Liberatore, Jayden Schofield

Emg: Sam Reid, Christian Howard, Lukas Markovic

In: Adam Cooney, Lindsay Gilbee, Jayden Schofield

Out: Brennan Stack (Hamstring), James Mulligan (Calf), Christian Howard

New: Jayden Schofield (East Fremantle)

Milestones: Robert Murphy - 200 games, Callan Ward - 50 games

Not sure why Howard is out, thought he has been pretty good and improving with each game.

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 06:57 PM
As much as I don't want someone to pull out, I really hope Howard is a late in. I just don't get why he is out otherwise.

bornadog
16-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Not happy with Howard ommitted, I thought he played well since he debuted.

chef
16-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Gilbee:confused:

Cyberdoggie
16-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Not happy with Howard ommitted, I thought he played well since he debuted.

And Gilbee in?

I'm not quite sure what message this is sending.

He has twice been dropped for poor performances and come back in the next week.

anfo27
16-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm shattered. I haven't seen a game for 7 weeks and was really looking forward to seeing Howard play live for the first time. Ah well, i'll just have to be content with seeing the other kids we have running around tomorrow night.

LostDoggy
16-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Howard is in good form and improving as he is getting used to the pace of the game and is replaced by the inconsistent Gilbee ( loud obscenities throws tanty )

I do like the idea of Dahlhaus in FP but with his build the tackles have to stick

I still don't know why Markovic isn,t slotted in at FB

I would have preferred Hooper came in instead of Barlow keeping his spot

Ah well , will have to wait and see what the final side is

choconmientay
16-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I guess we recruited Howard to replace Gilbee in the next few years (similar type, same position) so I think the MC wont be playing both of them in the same team. But still disappointing for him to be dropped though.

Throughandthrough
16-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Boo that.

azabob
16-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Totally confused and very disappointed Howard has been dropped.

Bewildering selection policy continues.

Howard in for two games then dropped.

Markovic dropped after one poor game and getting praise all year from the coaching staff.

Why has it taken them so long to promote Schofield? He was in very good form early on in the season and now when he isn't travelling as well as he has in brought in.

Would have been a good opportunity for Roughead to get another game as the Crows ruckman are in experienced and at similar development phase in their careers.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-06-2011, 08:03 PM
MC obviously thinks we have a legitimate shot at making finals still even though Eade said the Saints game was the crossroads. Otherwise why else would you play Gilbee over Howard...thats a mystery to me

LostDoggy
16-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Very surprised that Howard is out. I hope this team can gel and get a win on the board.
Williams and Tip seems a reasonable match up.
Should Dollhouse be playing so deep? He provided some nice run last week.

Greystache
16-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm a bit confused by these changes, as others have said the MC must think we're still a chance for finals.

I don't see why we'd drop Howard for Gilbee, or why we'd keep Hudson rather than play Roughead.

Scraggers
16-06-2011, 08:14 PM
ADELAIDE
B: Johncock, Rutten, L. Thompson
HB: Doughty, Otten, Symes
C: Jaensch, Dangerfield, van Berlo
HF: Knights, Henderson, Sloane
F: Gunston, Tippett, Wright
R: Jacobs, S. Thompson, Douglas
Int: McKernan, Petrenko, Schmidt, Vince
Emerg: Maric, Riley, Tambling

In: Henderson, Schmidt
Out: Reilly (knee), Sellar

Throughandthrough
16-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Totally confused and very disappointed Howard has been dropped.

Bewildering selection policy continues.

Howard in for two games then dropped.

Markovic dropped after one poor game and getting praise all year from the coaching staff.

Why has it taken them so long to promote Schofield? He was in very good form early on in the season and now when he isn't travelling as well as he has in brought in.

Would have been a good opportunity for Roughead to get another game as the Crows ruckman are in experienced and at similar development phase in their careers.

I'm still trying to fathom why Skinner was selected against the Swans for his debut, started as an emergency, played about a quarter, and then dropped. If he wasn't ready then the selectors really got it wrong on that occasion.

Scraggers
16-06-2011, 08:19 PM
With Brent Reilly out of the Crows line-up, they have lost their only true tagger. So if this game is to be won in the midfield, Dangerfield is going to have a hell of a job containing the likes of Griffen, Boyd, Cross etc.

Pickenitup
16-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Really think Markovic should be in think we are going to be very short down back wit.
only Moz and Tommy .Crows are really tall with Tippett Mckernan and Henderson/

Bulldog4life
16-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Also thought Howard should have been retained. Wouldn't be surprised if Markovic gets a gig. Backline looks undersized.

Throughandthrough
16-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Tippett must be a chance still not to play, surely. (and hasnt done a lot this year anyways, apart from a good TV ad for Balfours Pies) Mckernan is an average footballer, at this stage of his career, and Henderson is very hot and cold.

comrade
16-06-2011, 08:34 PM
This one is up there with last year's decision to play Mitch Hahn ahead of Liam Jones during the finals.

Also, if the MC think Hudson and Minson are a suitable ruck combo in the modern game, they're kidding themselves.

Bewildering.

Desipura
16-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Tippett must be a chance still not to play, surely. (and hasnt done a lot this year anyways, apart from a good TV ad for Balfours Pies) Mckernan is an average footballer, at this stage of his career, and Henderson is very hot and cold.

I would like an average McKernan in our side

Greystache
16-06-2011, 09:18 PM
This one is up there with last year's decision to play Mitch Hahn ahead of Liam Jones during the finals.

Also, if the MC think Hudson and Minson are a suitable ruck combo in the modern game, they're kidding themselves.

Bewildering.

It worked in 2009, I'm not sure anyone's told our coaching group things change. Perhaps we need to buy them a 2011 calendar.

Desipura
16-06-2011, 09:27 PM

Bewildering.

Yeh, but you are not part of the inner sanctum, Im sure they have their reasons. :rolleyes:

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 09:29 PM
It worked in 2009, I'm not sure anyone's told our coaching group things change. Perhaps we need to buy them a 2011 calendar.

You aren't inside the club, how do you what they are actually trying to do? Perhaps they have a time machine that can send all the AFL clubs back to 2009. I am sure the ALP will be up for prospectively (apparently the opposite of retrospectively) funding it.

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeh, but you are not part of the inner sanctum, Im sure they have their reasons. :rolleyes:

We are having a cynic off!

Greystache
16-06-2011, 09:34 PM
You aren't inside the club, how do you what they are actually trying to do? Perhaps they have a time machine that can send us and all our clubs back to 2009. I am sure the ALP will be up for prospectively (apparently the opposite of retrospectively) funding it.

Can you get them to pass on a message to Brian Lake? Don't bump Nikki Freewoldt at the start of the 3rd quarter in the preliminary final, there's a nobody with a whistle wanting to get his head on tv! :D

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Can you get them to pass on a message to Brian Lake? Don't bump Nikki Freewoldt at the start of the 3rd quarter in the preliminary final, there's a nobody with a whistle wanting to get his head on tv! :D

:( Sadly, our time machine would do a lot more undoing than keeping.

GC would be Marty McFly like in their efforts to ensure they don't change something that means they aren't born.

LostDoggy
16-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Not surprising to see Howard rested - hes a young player who has been given a taste - Gilbees on his last chance and deserves to get just that.

comrade
16-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Desipura, this is just another example of one your classic bandwith wasting posts.

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Desipura, this is just another example of one your classic bandwith wasting posts.

I agree it's bandwith wasting but so are the 'you don't know what's going on on the inside' typE comments.

Desipura
16-06-2011, 10:00 PM
We are having a cynic off!

Yeh like you thought the same thing at the same time as me:rolleyes: :D

Desipura
16-06-2011, 10:01 PM

Umm, you might want to withdraw this post, I was joking.
You must also have an issue with Rocco's post as it was exactly the same?

Maddog37
16-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I think Gilbee is at the suck and see, last chance stage.

Playing for his career now.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I think Gilbee is at the suck and see, last chance stage.

Playing for his career now.

It's stupid for this to occur at the expense of a young (and improving) kid though.

Generally you can understand decisions that the MC make, even if you don't agree with them. I'm really not sure why they've went this way, though. Perhaps Howard didn't listen to instructions, attended training late etc?

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 10:17 PM
As much as I don't like Howard missing, we are at the very least on the verge of having too many kids in the side.

comrade
16-06-2011, 10:21 PM
As much as I don't like Howard missing, we are at the very least on the verge of having too many kids in the side.

I'm happy to rotate the kids. Schofield in for Howard would have made sense as they play similar roles.

It's not the fact that Howard is out that I'm concerned with, it's being replaced by a guy that most likely won't be at the Club next year.

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm happy to rotate the kids. Schofield in for Howard would have made sense as they play similar roles.

It's not the fact that Howard is out that I'm concerned with, it's being replaced by a guy that most likely won't be at the Club next year.

I agree with all that.

As much as I love Lindsay and all he has done for the club, it's not like he is the mature body type who 'looks after' kids and all that.

comrade
Umm, you might want to withdraw this post, I was joking.
You must also have an issue with Rocco's post as it was exactly the same?

The whole 'insider' thing is just so yawn-inducing and petty (on both sides).

I've addressed it with Rocco previously, and to be honest, I enjoy most of his posts.

GVGjr

Agree on both points. If Gilbee had really earned his promotion then it would become more understandable. Schofield for Howard is a decent change and Howard will be back soon enough.

Rocco Jones
16-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I've addressed it with Rocco previously, and to be honest, I enjoy most of his posts.

*hUgZ*

SlimPickens
16-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Agree on both points. If Gilbee had really earned his promotion then it would become more understandable. Schofield for Howard is a decent change and Howard will be back soon enough.

That's the thing thou, gilbee is clearly a class above at VFL level and was in the best on the weekend for Willy. It's just disappointing that Howard who has shown a fair bit, gets dropped for a Lindsay after one week in the twos. I wonder if the fact it's Murphs 200th had anything to do with it (purely hypothetical)

Before I Die
17-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I agree it's bandwith wasting but so are the 'you don't know what's going on on the inside' typE comments.

So you are putting people down, then defending yourself by putting them down further? I did think twice about commenting, but really it is just a puerile post. I generally find your posting interesting and informed, why not let others have their opinions without the witty barbs. Even if that opinion is a statement of confidence in the club's selection policy.

jeemak
17-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Great to see Schoefield in the side and Dahlhaus starting in a pocket.

Was hoping to see Howard this week live, but you win some you lose some. He's played well enough to keep his spot, perhaps his body is a little sore and he has some things to work on.

Another kid in, might be about time for some in the media to acknowledge what is clearly happening at our club in terms of a rebuild. I know it's not as sexy as the stories about treating a star player poorly, coaches being under pressure, Aker's ramblings, The Footy Show's agenda (watched it for the first time this season tonight, what tripe!) and board spills but, it might be nice to for someone to stick their hand up and offer something of value.

Before I Die
17-06-2011, 12:23 AM
That's the thing thou, gilbee is clearly a class above at VFL level and was in the best on the weekend for Willy. It's just disappointing that Howard who has shown a fair bit, gets dropped for a Lindsay after one week in the twos. I wonder if the fact it's Murphs 200th had anything to do with it (purely hypothetical)

Was Gilbee sent backto the twos with clear performance goals and did he achieve them? Howard's form in the twos had been consistent but not great and his performances in the ones have been solid and full of potential but nothing more. Schofield has similarly earned his start by consistent effort rather than outstanding form. The MC appear intent on rolling a number of rookies through the senior team as the season unfolds. I can't see that that as a bad thing.

G-Mo77
17-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Had time to mull over the Gilbee/Howard swap and I'm still scratching my head. Do not like it one bit, from were I am sitting Gilbee has not earned his place in the team yet and didn't the last time either. Tear Frankston up Howie!!!!

We're going with another week of the Hudson/Minson combo. It just doesn't work. Look I'm happy for Huddo to play, would prefer Minson like most but don't have both of them in there at once.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/207/e/8/Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

*Thanks TCD for the emocticon*

Desipura
17-06-2011, 08:12 AM
The whole 'insider' thing is just so yawn-inducing and petty (on both sides).

Ok, here it is......I was having a dig at bornadog for using the we are not part of the inner sanctum line. I totally agree with you regarding the team selections (in fact, I hardly disagree with anything you have posted) I was just joking as the inner sanctum line does not mean we cannot give our opinions.

Bulldog Joe
17-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Howard did play well last week but faded. Maybe the MC think he will benefit from a week or so back at Willi with less intensity. It would surely be possible. He may even have a slight niggle.

Gilbee in is a sign that the MC have not given up and are looking to win. Could also be about not having too many of the new boys in at once.

Hudson retained with Minson forward is likely more about Hall missing. At least guarantees Rutten is used against Will rather then being sent to Jones. Unfortunately Minson's game is being sacrificed as he clearly does better in the ruck.

An earlier post mentioned Gilbee in may in fact be about Murph's 200. There is some credibility in that thought.

Whatever the reasons for the change let's hope every one lifts for Murph and get a win.

GVGjr
17-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Howard did play well last week but faded. Maybe the MC think he will benefit from a week or so back at Willi with less intensity. It would surely be possible. He may even have a slight niggle.

Gilbee in is a sign that the MC have not given up and are looking to win. Could also be about not having too many of the new boys in at once.

Hudson retained with Minson forward is likely more about Hall missing. At least guarantees Rutten is used against Will rather then being sent to Jones. Unfortunately Minson's game is being sacrificed as he clearly does better in the ruck.

An earlier post mentioned Gilbee in may in fact be about Murph's 200. There is some credibility in that thought.

Whatever the reasons for the change let's hope every one lifts for Murph and get a win.

I think it's a good move to give Howard a run at Williamstown so that he can get plenty of the ball. He's had a great introduction to senior football but still needs to be managed.

I agree that Gilbee's inclusion is a sign that we arte going all out for the win. He has plenty to play for.

Hudson must have a good game otherwise he might have to make way for Roughead in the next week or so.

LostDoggy
17-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Ok, here it is......I was having a dig at bornadog for using the we are not part of the inner sanctum line. I totally agree with you regarding the team selections (in fact, I hardly disagree with anything you have posted) I was just joking as the inner sanctum line does not mean we cannot give our opinions.
I agree with the yawn.
For you to want to explain a pretty poor pisstake in the first place is whats really sad. I think people got it on the first go or just ignored it.

bornadog
17-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Could also be about not having too many of the new boys in at once. .

Last weeks 9 players with less than 20 games was too young.

Desipura
17-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I agree with the yawn.
For you to want to explain a pretty poor pisstake in the first place is whats really sad. I think people got it on the first go or just ignored it.

Butt out Ernie, Chops or whatever your next name is going to be. There was a good time on this forum, when you went missing. When I rattle your cage, you can reply to me.

bornadog
17-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Ok, here it is......I was having a dig at bornadog for using the we are not part of the inner sanctum line. .

Desi you thought I would bite:D

The inner sanctum line I have mentioned in the past is where I have said we don't know all the detail of the players, such as injury niggles, soreness, their state of mind, their development programme set up etc. Of course we can have an opinion, but what I don't like is people using lines like the MC doesn't know what they are doing, the MC are weak, they have favourites etc, because we don't know the full story. Also we may think players had a good game, but again, we don't know what their instructions were and what they were supposed to do.

Personally I thought Howard played a good game and should not have been dropped. I would have dropped Wood as he has not been playing well, the previous week I thought Jones should have been dropped, but again, I don't know what the instructions are, and what the coach wants the players to achieve in a game. The coach was obviously happy to keep Jones in and happy to keep Wood in this week, but drop Howard.

BulldogBelle
17-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Sensible that we are resting and rotating our rookies and 2nd year players (Howard, Libba, Wallis etc)

Dont want them to sucumb to overuse injuries or the dreaded OP

Would have been unfair to drop Dalhaus after a serviceable match, and we need to be careful of the spread of youth vs experience we have in the side - hence the Gilbee selection

I'm not a fan of Barlow - he simply looks like a deer in the headlights when he has the ball, doesnt have a defined position that he looks like he will exceed at (at Sydney, Willy or in the Dogs senior team) but hopefully he can win me over tonight..............

Desipura
17-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Desi you thought I would bite:D

The inner sanctum line I have mentioned in the past is where I have said we don't know all the detail of the players, such as injury niggles, soreness, their state of mind, their development programme set up etc. Of course we can have an opinion, but what I don't like is people using lines like the MC doesn't know what they are doing, the MC are weak, they have favourites etc, because we don't know the full story. Also we may think players had a good game, but again, we don't know what their instructions were and what they were supposed to do.

Personally I thought Howard played a good game and should not have been dropped. I would have dropped Wood as he has not been playing well, the previous week I thought Jones should have been dropped, but again, I don't know what the instructions are, and what the coach wants the players to achieve in a game. The coach was obviously happy to keep Jones in and happy to keep Wood in this week, but drop Howard.
Thats fair enough, I agree on Howard.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Eade said Schofield wont be used as the sub...hope its not Dollhouse again

G-Mo77
17-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Eade said Schofield wont be used as the sub...hope its not Dollhouse again

I hope it's Gilbee.

LostDoggy
17-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I hope it's Gilbee as the Sub

I,ll second that motion

Cyberdoggie
17-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I think it's a good move to give Howard a run at Williamstown so that he can get plenty of the ball. He's had a great introduction to senior football but still needs to be managed.

I agree that Gilbee's inclusion is a sign that we arte going all out for the win. He has plenty to play for.

I would normally agree on that policy but Howard has been improving each he has played. His SC/DT points also say he's getting more of the ball (not that that is the measuring stick). If Howard was looking fatigued or his performance dropped then i would understand it. I thought after last week, coming up against the crows that he might be primed for a big match. For these kids to experience a win is more important than for Gilbee to be there for Bob's 200th. Liba is a player who's performances have dropped and who i think really needs a spell at Williamstown. He needs to be given a chance to take some risks at Willy and give himself time to think about his disposal because when he doesn't he turns the ball over too much (perhaps the tougher AFL teams and their pressure have exacerbated this).

Howard is one of only a few of our players that has taken the opposition on and run in straight lines. That sort of play should be encouraged.

Cyberdoggie
17-06-2011, 02:03 PM
On Eade's team selection announcement,

In regards to Howard he simply says:

" ...And Howard will be back at Williamstown and hopefully back very soon".

Not sure what that means, perhaps he'll be a late inclusion?

Cyberdoggie
17-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Also mentions on the WB website that Eade is not planning to use Schofield as the substitue player, despite doing so for the other debutants.

bornadog
17-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Also mentions on the WB website that Eade is not planning to use Schofield as the substitue player, despite doing so for the other debutants.

Maybe Barlow, subsituting with Huddo

Greystache
17-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Maybe Barlow, subsituting with Huddo

I just hope it's not Dahlhaus again.

Sockeye Salmon
17-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I hope it's Gilbee.

I hope it's Barlow.

He should replace Hudson.

bornadog
17-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I just hope it's not Dahlhaus again.

yeah agree with that

Doc26
17-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Dropping of Howard for Gilbee is disappointing. The idea of a player who is now finding his way being rested or dropped after only 3 games for an ageing, largely out of form player, is rubbish.

Against the Crows at Etihad is one game that we should be promoting use of our youngsters, as we are, but unfortunately without Howard.

Howard has performed reasonably when considering his 3 opponents have been Hawthorn, Geelong and St Kilda. On paper, his first relatively easier game this week and he gets shelved where Gilbee now gets the perfect chance to shine against what should be ordinary oppostion.

It is a call reminiscent of some ordinary selections last year where ageing players who could no longer perform on the big stage, where provided some gifts to excel, masking the reailty of the situation.

Again, it appears from the stands a short sighted call, one where I fear its motivation might stem from the perception of what the fall out from a loss tonight might inflict on this MC.

G-Mo77
17-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Dropping of Howard for Gilbee is disappointing. The idea of a player who is now finding his way being rested or dropped after only 3 games for an ageing, largely out of form player, is rubbish.

Against the Crows at Etihad is one game that we should be promoting use of our youngsters, as we are, but unfortunately without Howard.

Howard has performed reasonably when considering his 3 opponents have been Hawthorn, Geelong and St Kilda. On paper, his first relatively easier game this week and he gets shelved where Gilbee now gets the perfect chance to shine against what should be ordinary oppostion.

It is a call reminiscent of some ordinary selections last year where ageing players who could no longer perform on the big stage, where provided some gifts to excel, masking the reailty of the situation.

Again, it appears from the stands a short sighted call, one where I fear its motivation might stem from the perception of what the fall out from a loss tonight might inflict on this MC.

Fantastic post mate.

Prince Imperial
17-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Fantastic post mate.

I agree, top post.

Ozza
17-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I hope it's Barlow.

I think thats a good call. I'd be happy with that.

I'm not super keen on all the potting of Gilbee. I understand where its coming from - but there also has to be a limit to how many very young blokes we can have in the team. 8 under 20 games was too many last week.

I agree that playing Gilbee is not 'looking to the future' - but can we at least stay a tiny bit in the present? His class with the ball will be helpful against an ordinary opponent and could help open the game up for us.

Edit: I should clarify - that this isn't me saying Howard shouldn't be in the team. Howard has been quite reasonable in his first few games. Just lay off Lindsay a bit - hopefully he can contribute - and keep contributing enough to earn 200 games.

Greystache
17-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Great post Doc

Cyberdoggie
17-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I think we are just all sick of seeing the same players under perform against the quality opposition, then hearing all the statements of change and hard truths etc, before seeing those players recalled and starring against lesser opponents.

No doubt Gilbee will have another good game and will be in the good books once again.

bornadog
17-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I think we are just all sick of seeing the same players under perform against the quality opposition, then hearing all the statements of change and hard truths etc, before seeing those players recalled and starring against lesser opponents.

No doubt Gilbee will have another good game and will be in the good books once again.

Even so, we have 8 players still in the team with 50 or less games, and of those I think 7 have played less than 20. Unlike last year, this is a young team.

Hot_Doggies
17-06-2011, 05:24 PM
A spell in the 2's won't hurt Howard. He needs to lift his intensity.

He has a bit of the Sam Power's about him.....

G-Mo77
17-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Even so, we have 8 players still in the team with 50 or less games, and of those I think 7 have played less than 20. Unlike last year, this is a young team.

And what better way to get games into young players than in a shot season against a weaker opponent.

Surely the MC don't select players to even out the age of the team. If that's the case then I seriously have lost the tiny bit of faith I had left for them.

Topdog
17-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree that playing Gilbee is not 'looking to the future' - but can we at least stay a tiny bit in the present? His class with the ball will be helpful against an ordinary opponent and could help open the game up for us.

I think if we had seen that class in the last 12 months there wouldn't be such a strong reaction.

bornadog
17-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Surely the MC don't select players to even out the age of the team. .

I would hope they do it based on form and not just age (experience). But you can't have a team full of first year players like Suns.

Happy Days
17-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I hope it's Barlow.

Isn't the whole reasoning behind Barlow being on our list his fitness and endurance in combination with his height?

The Swans showed in round one that the sub needs to be a mid-sized player, probably Liberatore/Djerrkura for tonight's game. Hudson should come off though.

G-Mo77
17-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I would hope they do it based on form and not just age (experience). But you can't have a team full of first year players like Suns.

There is still a lot of experience around the team even without Gilbee who shows no real leadership qualities anyway. IMO our player development has fallen off because we've selected veterans who have been out of form or rushed back from injury rather than bringing in hungry young players.

Anyway I better get on the road for the game tonight. Chat later guys.

The Pie Man
17-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Don't say that....

Just read in the MX Rocket was watching the Saints tape and made a beeline for Howard in the gym to give him a spray for something he saw. Can you be dropped for one incident?

LongWait
17-06-2011, 06:33 PM

I think that Howard puts his head over it when he needs to and is aggressive when chasing and tackling. Bit harsh imho.

LongWait
17-06-2011, 06:36 PM
[/B]

Don't say that....

Just read in the MX Rocket was watching the Saints tape and made a beeline for Howard in the gym to give him a spray for something he saw. Can you be dropped for one incident?

I hope that isn't the case. A major excuse for our performances that the coach has is that the players aren't following instructions - surely the senior players are the ones Rocket would be chasing in the gym and giving a public blast to, rather than to a second gamer. I don't believe it.

LostDoggy
17-06-2011, 06:36 PM
There is still a lot of experience around the team even without Gilbee who shows no real leadership qualities anyway. IMO our player development has fallen off because we've selected veterans who have been out of form or rushed back from injury rather than bringing in hungry young players.

Anyway I better get on the road for the game tonight. Chat later guys.

Do you mean historically, or this year? I know our hand has been forced somewhat but
you wouldn't want too many more kids out there i reckon. Just found time to watch the Saints game and their experience (or our lack of ) got them over the line in the end. Depends
what our goals are from here on in I guess.

divvydan
17-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Final Teams: No late changes to either team. Subs are Cooney (WB) and Schmidt (Adel).