PDA

View Full Version : My experience at the Presidents Dinner

craigsahibee
18-06-2011, 12:35 AM
I had the good fortune of being offered a ticket to the Presidents Dinner tonight at our game against the crows.

As it turned out I Was seated next to Chancellor George Pappas, one of our great club's Directors. George was the lucky recipient of the table prize which was a Worksafe Sherrin Footy. George kindly asked if anyone on the table had a son who would appreciate the footy.
My son probably won't appreciate it but I'm sure his dad will.

Anyway, I was able to get David Smorgon, Laurie Sandilands, Geoff Jennings, Simon Beasley and Ross Abbey to sign it. More importantly I had the chance to have a beer with some great names associated with OUR footy club. Do not disregard the heritage of the Footscray Football Club, be proud of OUR club and stay loyal.

LostDoggy
18-06-2011, 01:18 AM
I had the good fortune of being offered a ticket to the Presidents Dinner tonight at our game against the crows.

As it turned out I Was seated next to Chancellor George Pappas, one of our great club's Directors. George was the lucky recipient of the table prize which was a Worksafe Sherrin Footy. George kindly asked if anyone on the table had a son who would appreciate the footy.

Anyway, I was able to get David Smorgon, Laurie Sandilands, Geoff Jennings, Simon Beasley and Ross Abbey to sign it. More importantly I had the chance to have a beer with some great names associated with OUR footy club. Do not disregard the heritage of the Footscray Football Club, be proud of OUR club and stay loyal.

Even more importantly did David have much to say about their plans to turn things around??

Remi Moses
18-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Good to have you back Craig.

bornadog
18-06-2011, 01:51 AM

Great Guy George, I am friends with his brother and met George a few times. Has helped the doggies alot over the years.