PDA

View Full Version : Ten hangs up AFL boots

LostDoggy
23-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Channel 10 having hardly any sports now.

CHANNEL Ten has confirmed it will not show AFL matches in 2012, The Age reports.

Ten's head of sport David Barham told The Age: "It is a bit of a shame. It's the choice of the network. It's purely a business decision. Everyone is disappointed but understands the decision.

"We are really, really proud of what we achieved. I am proud of the people that I have worked with over the years."

Link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/116931/default.aspx)

bornadog
23-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Channel 10 having hardly any sports now.

Does this mean Channel Nine comes into it........noooooooooooooo

LostDoggy
23-06-2011, 05:32 PM
No more Boundary ridin from Kelli Underwood! No more Wallsy! (unless they sign elsewhere)

angelopetraglia
23-06-2011, 05:38 PM
More importantly, no more Blighty.

Scraggers
23-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Does this mean Channel Nine comes into it........noooooooooooooo

I may be the Lone Ranger here, but I prefer Channel Nine to Channel Seven :o

Cyberdoggie
23-06-2011, 05:56 PM
No more one HD, and digital audio and high definition.

No more Steven Quarterbrain ;)

Sedat
23-06-2011, 06:01 PM
No more Andy Maher, no more of that stupid 5 minute warning. Their good callers like Huddo will find a job elsewhere.

Throughandthrough
23-06-2011, 06:15 PM
No more Howie

HOORAY

Flamethrower
23-06-2011, 07:07 PM
All 4 FTA AFL games each round will be on Channel 7 from next year.

If you want to see AFL in HD video and surround sound audio, Foxtel is your answer. All 9 games each round will be live and uninterrupted from next season on Fox Sports.

Maddog37
23-06-2011, 07:36 PM
All 4 FTA AFL games each round will be on Channel 7 from next year.

If you want to see AFL in HD video and surround sound audio, Foxtel is your answer. All 9 games each round will be live and uninterrupted from next season on Fox Sports.

Awesome. Can't wait.

No more Wallsy ahems mid sentence and no more Darcy picking on players. Yeeha

bornadog
23-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I will be sticking with Foxtel watching in glorious HD. I don't understand why 7 won't broadcast footy in HD.

The Coon Dog
23-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I will be sticking with Foxtel watching in glorious HD. I don't understand why 7 won't broadcast footy in HD.

I'm backing it will cost more next year as a result.

Topdog
23-06-2011, 11:37 PM

I think it is important to qualify that statement though as Foxtel goes up by $3 or so every year.

chef
24-06-2011, 07:30 AM

That would be understandable and worth it.

The Coon Dog
24-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I think it is important to qualify that statement though as Foxtel goes up by $3 or so every year.

Just to clarify that, I reckon Foxtel will increase its price next year, but over & above the normal increase as a result of its AFL commitment.

As an aside it was interesting the by play yesterday on Twitter, where Zac Dawson teed off at Robert Walls calling him a washed up hack & salivating that he's be out of a job. Channel 10 responded saying that they (Ch 10 & ZD) would both be without the AFL next year. It was quickly removed!

Go_Dogs
24-06-2011, 08:05 AM
As an aside it was interesting the by play yesterday on Twitter, where Zac Dawson teed off at Robert Walls calling him a washed up hack & salivating that he's be out of a job. Channel 10 responded saying that they (Ch 10 & ZD) would both be without the AFL next year. It was quickly removed!

Haha, good stuff.

G-Mo77
24-06-2011, 10:30 AM
No more one HD, and digital audio and high definition.

This.

And add more Bruce McAvaney, more Denis Cometti, more idiot guest AFL stars who shouldn't be in front of a camera and more megawall.

Yeah, the AFL's future is bright under channel 7. :rolleyes:

OLD SCRAGGer
24-06-2011, 11:16 AM

When the new tv broadcast arrangements were announced, Foxtel did say it WOULDN'T cost anymore for the Footy...Hope they live up to their word :rolleyes:

Ozza
24-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I may be the Lone Ranger here, but I prefer Channel Nine to Channel Seven :o

You're not the lone ranger. I think Channel 9 is far superior to 7 and 10 on sports coverage. The football coverage has gone backwards since they lost the rights,.

ledge
24-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Macavaney drives me nuts, I love Dennis he brings a bit of fun back to the game.

Remi Moses
24-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Seven haven't had a decent Footy show since the World Of Sport days!
Disapointing to lose a few half decent shows.

Topdog
24-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Just to clarify that, I reckon Foxtel will increase its price next year, but over & above the normal increase as a result of its AFL commitment.

Yeah I think they probably will as well. But if it goes up by $6 a month (random figure) I'd hope people don't think all of that is the AFL portion.

Yeah that twitter comeback was gold. Dawson is such a clown. Celebrating the loss of jobs for hundreds of people because a commentator said he is crap aka told the truth.