PDA

View Full Version : Round 14 discussion

Topdog
24-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Hopefully this knocks some sense into those thinking that bringing in rookie coaches that are ex players is the only way forward. Embarrassing stuff from Essendon. Injuries can no longer be an excuse.

ledge
24-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Actually loving it , 40,000 Essendon suppporters disappeared off the face of the earth in 3 weeks.
Quite obvious who is coaching they interview Thompson every half time break and every time they show Hird he is sitting there not doing a thing.

LostDoggy
24-06-2011, 10:41 PM
A few weeks ago I was bagged cos I thought Essendon was overrated.

ledge
24-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I over rated them, someone said they werent fit enough to live in a pig sty and i said they were.

LostDoggy
24-06-2011, 10:48 PM

You actually go through there list, especially in the midfield & there isn't many A graders amongst them.

ledge
24-06-2011, 10:54 PM
You actually go through there list, especially in the midfield & there isn't many A graders amongst them.

They smashed us.:D

LostDoggy
24-06-2011, 11:01 PM
They smashed us.:D

How many have we got?

Remi Moses
24-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Pretty predictable I would have thought. Ran out of gas,got a few wins when not expected with an average list and now getting found out!
Bring Back Knighta:p
Interesting Hawks have had a mini clean out replaced the Likes of Young,Ellis and Ladson with the likes of Poppy, Shiels,Savage Lisle probably another couple I've missed. Something I hope our club have looked at.

Sedat
25-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Our timing stinks. Essendon were always going to be up and about early in the season and they have unsuprisingly hit a brick wall.

Some credit should go to their opponents last night, who have been crippled by key injures but still ragdolled a mid-table opponent.

Flamethrower
25-06-2011, 10:22 AM
The demise of the Bombers, combined with the away form of the Purple and White marshmellows, has really opened up the race for the finals. It promises to be as open as it has been for many seasons.

ledge
25-06-2011, 10:35 AM
The demise of the Bombers, combined with the away form of the Purple and White marshmellows, has really opened up the race for the finals. It promises to be as open as it has been for many seasons.

For finals yes it will, but actual premiership,Apart from 4 clubs the other 4 will only be in it for show.

Bumper Bulldogs
25-06-2011, 08:53 PM
For finals yes it will, but actual premiership,Apart from 4 clubs the other 4 will only be in it for show.

You have to be in it to win it, who knows with our side getting the job done in the back 1/2 of the season we could be a real boggy side come September;)

Scraggers
25-06-2011, 10:02 PM
You have to be in it to win it, who knows with our side getting the job done in the back 1/2 of the season we could be a real boggy side come September;)

Next week will be a big test for us ... the last two wins have given us some much need confidence, if this form improvement continues and we knock off Melbourne (who themselves have had two good wins in the past two weeks) then the world is our oyster.

As I posted before, our last three Prelims, we have lost the first match putting us back in the pack. This year finishing 5th/6th/7th/8th will be no difference for us ... as you say, you gotta be in it to win it.

GVGjr
25-06-2011, 10:07 PM
The Swans are a value for money side aren't they?

Bulldog Revolution
25-06-2011, 10:15 PM
The Swans are a value for money side aren't they?

Watching a bit of that game tonight I soon appreciated how far off the pace we are

I've enjoyed the last two wins, and Im hoping we can knock over the dees, but our game style, defensive work has so much room for improvement

Remi Moses
25-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Tigers went back to bad habits today,turning it over of half back on a regular basis.
Jack Watts starting to look a class act,that was one of Bailey's best wins.
Travis Cloke was the difference in the Pies Sydney clash. Crap kicking has nearly cost them again.Sydney were great, boy that side gives it's fans full value. Andrejs Everitt had a chance to keep Tarrant out of a contest to set up an easy Sydney goal late on. Costly but typical Andrejs

Go_Dogs
25-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Watching a bit of that game tonight I soon appreciated how far off the pace we are

I've enjoyed the last two wins, and Im hoping we can knock over the dees, but our game style, defensive work has so much room for improvement

Agree, at the moment we're a way off the better sides, and a lot has to do with the defensive intensity. Collingwood almost lost it due to bad execution on goal but both sides worked very hard defensively.

Topdog
26-06-2011, 11:13 AM

no you weren't.

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 11:19 AM
no you weren't.

Yes you know me better than myself:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Late Withdrawls for Geelong - Kelly & Ottens out Simpson & Motlop in.

Going to make for one interesting game with all of Geelong's outs, their side will be the youngest fielded for quite some time.

Edit: 60-16 at Half Time...maybe not so interesting :rolleyes:

GVGjr
26-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Gee the Cats are in great form. Even with all the outs they aren't missing a beat

Desipura
26-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Gee the Cats are in great form. Even with all the outs they aren't missing a beat

All about structure isn't it?

GVGjr
26-06-2011, 02:55 PM
All about structure isn't it?

They draft so well and guys like Menzel, Duncan and Vardy (all drafted in 2009) have come in to a top side and all look like solid contributors.

Desipura
26-06-2011, 03:56 PM
They draft so well and guys like Menzel, Duncan and Vardy (all drafted in 2009) have come in to a top side and all look like solid contributors.

That's true, although if the structure is solid, you can reasonably cover players getting injured. As long as the players that come in have the capabilities to fill the role they are being asked to.

Remi Moses
26-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Is It me or do Adelaide play like their in cement when the get possession

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 04:12 PM

Perfect example of Depth.

Can have 5 solid contributors out and still belt a bottom side by 10 goals

Hotdog60
26-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Maybe the benefit of a stand alone VFL side, all the players and coaching staff are on the same page.

Go_Dogs
26-06-2011, 04:51 PM
That's true, although if the structure is solid, you can reasonably cover players getting injured. As long as the players that come in have the capabilities to fill the role they are being asked to.

Don't disagree, it certainly helps. But, they've also drafted very well. They had 9 players with less than 50 games experience and the Crows 10. At the moment they're balancing the need for strong, consistent performance with blooding a few guys really well, and even to the extent of today which wasn't by choice, the players coming in did alright.

Mitchell Brown looks a likely type.

azabob
26-06-2011, 05:19 PM
West Coast must have been fantastic today. Kudos to Worsfold and co. Turnaround has been amazing.

GVGjr
26-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Maybe the benefit of a stand alone VFL side, all the players and coaching staff are on the same page.

I tend to think this is more than a myth than fact related.
We can play 14 or 15 players at Williamstown that haven't made our best 22 and when you allow for some injuries there isn't a lot of players left back in the magoos. We can't even blame Matt Little this year.
German is also linked to the club and is certainly on the same page as Eade.

ledge
26-06-2011, 05:54 PM
We can play 14 or 15 players at Williamstown that haven't made our best 22 and when you allow for some injuries there isn't a lot of players left back in the magoos. We can't even blame Matt Little this year.

You would think Geelong in the VFL would be good too but look where they are on the ladder.

Happy Days
26-06-2011, 07:12 PM

This is a good call.

FFS one of our rookie listed players is Williamstown's forwards coach.