PDA

View Full Version : Round 15 Discussion

Scraggers
03-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Which is the bigger upset for the round ... Essendon knocking off Geelong, or Adelaide beating Sydney?

Greystache
03-07-2011, 12:44 AM
I didn't go tonight, the 8 Essendon supporters I was with didn't want to go because they thought they'd lose. Damn fair weather supporters, I would've been great seeing Geelong lose!

Remi Moses
03-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Battle of the smarmy fans Cats v Bombres.
Essendon's run and spread killed Geelong, mind you after 13 wins they might have been due for a downer. Looking forward to hearing how Thompson and the millionaire coaching dept. Conjured up that win:rolleyes:Bad loss for the Swans, costly as well. Personally think 6 to 8 is open slather.
Punt Rd End fan website is calling for the removal of Hardwick and Malthouse installed! Reminds me of when they wanted Wallace installed to replace Frawley:p

Go_Dogs
03-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Essendon winning was a huge shock. Crows I expected to be a closer one.

Richmond have really fallen away badly after looking OK a few weeks ago, but Carlton look very slick and quick.

Really looking forward to the Hawks v Collingwood game today, should be a cracker.

Topdog
03-07-2011, 07:23 AM
I've lost all faith in myself. Had Geelong down to win by 60+.

Pies should really smash the Hawks today who now have no midfield and no backs to play on Cloke / Dawes.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 08:53 AM
That bombers win doesn't help us. Should expect crows and swans to be a low scoring affair.

Sedat
03-07-2011, 10:16 AM
That bombers win doesn't help us. Should expect crows and swans to be a low scoring affair.
It doesn't but it was good to see the Swans getting dragged down into the moshpit at the bottom of the 8. They are not dead certs for a final 8 spot, and certainly not for a home final in week 1.

Essendon winning wasn't ideal but they have a really tough run home and will struggle with their personnel issues.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Went to the Carlton/Richmond game with a Carlton supporter yesterday.

Putting aside how woeful Richmond were, Carltons pressure was very good. Dominated everywhere. Richmond were forced to bomb it long where Carlton always had a spare man when Jack couldn't get to it.

Mitch Robinson has become the barometer, averaging 29 disposals in the last 5 games and I'm not sure who we should play on him next week to stop his influence, suggestions?

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Looks like Warnock dominated the ruck. I'd back an ageing Hudson or Minson to deny them first every time like what happen mostly with the tigers. Also even without Lake our backline is 10x better than Richmonds. Carlton's achilles is their own backline and without jamieson, they are even more vulnerable.
We both won soft and hoping the got carried away more.

Ghost Dog
03-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Looks like Warnock dominated the ruck. I'd back an ageing Hudson or Minson to deny them first every time like what happen mostly with the tigers. Also even without Lake our backline is 10x better than Richmonds. Carlton's achilles is their own backline and without jamieson, they are even more vulnerable.
We both won soft and hoping the got carried away more.

Yarran is very good, as were a number of players down there
Watched them closely yesterday. Can't agree that their backline is weak.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Yarran is very good, as were a number of players down there
Watched them closely yesterday. Can't agree that their backline is weak.

How will Yarran go against some of our talls if the delivery is clean and quick?

chef
03-07-2011, 06:07 PM
How will Yarran go against some of our talls if the delivery is clean and quick?

Why would Yarran be on a tall?

Hopefully we bring in Addison to play on him.

MrMahatma
03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Massive round next week in terms of shaping the 8. We really need a win to stay in touch.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Why would Yarran be on a tall?

Hopefully we bring in Addison to play on him.

That's my point. If we are judging the Carlton on Yarran alone then they are great. I doubt they have sufficiently good talls to cover good tall forwards given jamieson won't play.

LostDoggy
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Massive round next week in terms of shaping the 8. We really need a win to stay in touch.

Yep, St Kilda just beat North even though they kicked 2 goals in the third and were held scoreless in the last :eek:

Next Week North take on Coll, Melb have a bye, good chance for us to jump above these 2 into 9th.

Go_Dogs
03-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Yep, St Kilda just beat North even though they kicked 2 goals in the third and were held scoreless in the last :eek:

Next Week North take on Coll, Melb have a bye, good chance for us to jump above these 2 into 9th.

I'm sure T&T said he'd bring back his 'who to root for' thread. :D

It's a real log jam, so other sides winning/losing is going to be almost as important as us continuing to win.

Remi Moses
03-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Talk about a ringing endorsement for Dancing With The Stars!
Stkilda game was turgid ( as per usual) Norf should have won completely bombed the ball into Petrie and allowed Goddard (of all players) to play loose across half back!
If ever a coach lost a game this was it, Played into Lyon's hands tonight Brad Scott:eek: