PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cooney releases the Western Bulldogs

The Coon Dog
03-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Tony Sheahan - Herald Sun - 3 July

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/07/02/1226086/227139-adam-cooney.jpg

IT'S hard to tell what made Bulldogs fans happier - a 64-point thumping of Melbourne or the sight of Adam Cooney moving closer to full fitness and form.

Cooney's return to near his best against Melbourne on Friday, following a horror period with a degenerative knee complaint, drew acclaim from the Dogs' camp.

Cooney's duties can be diverse but, whatever his role, his presence rubs off on his teammates.

"He takes the pressure off a lot of other players being in the team, and we're definitely a better side with him in," teammate Shaun Higgins said.

"He helps free up Ryan Griffen, Matthew Boyd can go back into defence and not have to worry so much about getting the ball - and it frees me up, too."

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adam-cooney-releases-the-western-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1226086228017)

Ghost Dog
03-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Actually I remember seeing on the scoreboard at one point the contested possession count dead even. The Dees did do a lot better in that area than the scoreboard reflected.
Their ability to hit the post in the first quarter had the silverspooners fuming, not to mention the umpiring. In addition, every time a steaming Adam Cooney got the ball on the wing, a kind of collective groan of resignation from the Demon fans. THAT was satisfying :)

strebla
03-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Actually I remember seeing on the scoreboard at one point the contested possession count dead even. The Dees did do a lot better in that area than the scoreboard reflected.
Their ability to hit the post in the first quarter had the silverspooners fuming, not to mention the umpiring. In addition, every time a steaming Adam Cooney got the ball on the wing, a kind of collective groan of resignation from the Demon fans. THAT was satisfying :)

I have reserved seats at the Footscray end and had two Latte lickers behind me in the first quarter one of them thought that booing Coons was a good idea I (not so eloquently)pointed out to him you don't boo champions and he was rather quiet after that:rolleyes:

bornadog
03-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I have reserved seats at the Footscray end and had two Latte lickers behind me in the first quarter one of them thought that booing Coons was a good idea I (not so eloquently)pointed out to him you don't boo champions and he was rather quiet after that:rolleyes:

Are you sure he wasn't saying Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:D

Ghost Dog
03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Had a similar guy in front of me
Went something like this.

Demons Supporter: You DOGS ARE CRAP ( leading by a landslide at that point )
Front row WB supporter: Look at the scoreboard numpty!
D man: Yeah, we're crapper, but you're still crap!:rolleyes:

LoveWillMinson
03-07-2011, 10:49 PM
How awesome was his Rooney type goal! It's so good to see him back in form and running with that flashy speed he has!

The Coon Dog
03-07-2011, 10:52 PM
How awesome was his Rooney type goal! It's so good to see him back in form and running with that flashy speed he has!

That's the key word LWM, particularly from the stoppages, something we have sadly missed.

strebla
06-07-2011, 03:24 AM

He did that just after I had told the Melbourne barrackers to use there manners absolutely loved it!!

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Seeing him on Friday night just made me realise how much we have missed his speed and ability to get the ball! Let's hope he continues to find his brownlow form :D