PDA

View Full Version : Luke Dahlhaus locks in cult status

G-Mo77
06-07-2011, 01:53 AM
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/07/05/1226088/339493-luke-dahlhaus.jpg

LUKE Dahlhaus says he's always been a bit different.

It started when deciding to barrack for a footy team as a little tacker.

"My whole family was different. Dad was Hawks, my brother was Richmond, mum was Geelong and I was Bombers," he said.

"Everyone always asks: How did that happen? But we don't know. I was a Bombers boy, but also a little bit of Hawks. I really like Cyril Rioli; he's my favourite player. At Essendon, Alwyn Davey and Scott Lucas."

Lucas above Lloyd and Hird?

"Yeah, I don't know why. I remember when I was real young, I heard Lucas come out of the TV and I said, I'm going for them now."

Dahlhaus, 18, is a fully fledged Bulldog and a cult figure after four games.

His flowing dreadlocks, courage and ability to run has helped to rejuvenate the Bulldogs.

Rest of the Article (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/luke-dahlhaus-locks-in-cult-status/story-e6frf9jf-1226088344002)

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Get a haircut Hippy!

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 10:24 AM
It's just been a pleasure to watch this young man play - I look forward to watching the Grommet have a long and very successful career!

1eyedog
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
There is something not quite right about dreds.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Conservatism and prejudice take many forms.
Dreds are probably how we all looked pre-history.

Maddog37
06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
http://hubpages.com/slide/HUNGARIAN-PULI-RESPONSIVE-OBEDIENT-AND-WATERPROOF/3011334

Should be a gun in the wet!!

Cyberdoggie
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM

Is it because they are dirty and there are things living and growing in them that you probably don't want to know about?

comrade
06-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Is it because they are dirty and there are things living and growing in them that you probably don't want to know about?

I've known a few people with dreads and they maintain and tend to them pretty obsessively. They keep them clean and there's definitely nothing growing in there.

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
he can't ignore the roar. "It is fun. Every time I get the ball I hear the crowd - it makes you play better."

This is why fans must turn up to the games.

Ghost Dog
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Goes to show you. He was overlooked by plenty of clubs. More to being a footy player than being a top ten draft pick. A lot of fight in our Dog Dahlhaus.

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Great person for the kiddies to look up to.
Overlooked by clubs,
picked up 22nd in rookie draft,
something like 175cm 72kg? So not a football body people take notice of.
Placed on a Rookie list and busted his backside to be first elevated.
Got his chance.
Now showing the Football public what he can do.

ledge
06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
http://hubpages.com/slide/HUNGARIAN-PULI-RESPONSIVE-OBEDIENT-AND-WATERPROOF/3011334

Should be a gun in the wet!!

Be a great picture to have on his AFL footy card.
How about a few guesses on how long the dreds last?
Most players who have wierd haircuts change by the next season.

Hotdog60
06-07-2011, 09:32 PM
If he keeps the dreds and keeps improving he'll win a Brownlow.:D

bornadog
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
At training today

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/l4zbf.jpg

Greystache
07-07-2011, 03:15 PM
He had probably the biggest crowd of autographs hunters, certainly a cult hero.

Were you there bad?

bornadog
07-07-2011, 04:34 PM
He had probably the biggest crowd of autographs hunters, certainly a cult hero.

Were you there bad?

No I didn't go, the pic is through twitter

ledge
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I am backing a number change at the end of the year so I hope all the kids dont go putting 40 on their back just yet.

LostDoggy
07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
At training today

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/l4zbf.jpg

Dals' a big hit. Even Liberatore has to line up to get his autogragh.

Greystache
07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
No I didn't go, the pic is through twitter

I didn't think I saw you. :)

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Just on this article.
Wednesday night, State of origin decider here in Queensland. The state, community, schools are all a buzz with Lockyer's last game for QLD. My 8 yo got caught up in it and asked to watch the game. I said no worries and he sat down to watch the prematch fan fare. Just at the kick off I happen to show him the picture of LD in this article, from there he took the paper off me to read the story. I proceeded to grab my wife (a NSW NRL girl) and said "Look, your 8 yo kid would rather READ a article about a Bulldogs player than watch the kick off in a state of origin decider!"
Proud Dad moment I wanted to share.

Hotdog60
09-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Just on this article.
Wednesday night, State of origin decider here in Queensland. The state, community, schools are all a buzz with Lockyer's last game for QLD. My 8 yo got caught up in it and asked to watch the game. I said no worries and he sat down to watch the prematch fan fare. Just at the kick off I happen to show him the picture of LD in this article, from there he took the paper off me to read the story. I proceeded to grab my wife (a NSW NRL girl) and said "Look, your 8 yo kid would rather READ a article about a Bulldogs player than watch the kick off in a state of origin decider!"
Proud Dad moment I wanted to share.

I got my kids to watch LD in one of the Foxtel cup games and now they bristle with excitement when ever his on TV. They even get excited when his just involved with a team high five.:D

Sedat
13-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Media street has claimed many a scalp in the past, so good to see Dahlhaus raise his game further in the wake of some media profile.

merantau
13-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I saw Luke Dahlhouse play for Williamstown back in May. My immediate reaction: "This kid is a goer" I am not at all surprised at his rapid rise and success at the top level. He is the sort of player whose raw courage and grit will earn him free kicks. His spirit and enthusiasm have a good effect on those around him. His pace and determination to chase and tackle make him an asset when we don't have the ball. I am not sure about his long kicking ability. He may be restricted to slotting goals from closer in than 50m but the judge is still out on that one. Anyway slotting goals from 50 metres is not raelly his role I guess

anfo27
13-07-2011, 06:44 PM
with the dollhouse being a rookie and Tom Hill only being a week away from playing (according to the Herald Sun) does that mean wee man Luke will have to go back to Williamstown?

LostDoggy
13-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Dals' a big hit. Even Liberatore has to line up to get his autogragh.

Very LOL. :D