PDA

View Full Version : JUMPER Poll on westernbulldogs.com.au

Mr.1975
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Heads Up woofers,

There is a poll to take about preferred jumpers on westernbulldogs.com.au - looks like change is coming..

I voted for 2, then 3, 4 and finally 1 (current design)

Cheers

Murphy'sLore
07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I went with 2,3,1 then 4. Don't love the watermark, it's that whole fussy, over-designed look we want to get away from.
Well some of us do.

LostDoggy
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Well done Jason, they have heard and seen the support, kudos to your idea and involvement!

Gotta say Not a fan of their 'Retro Geurnsey'. Traditional all the way.

Rocco Jones
07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I went with 2,3,1 then 4. Don't love the watermark, it's that whole fussy, over-designed look we want to get away from.
Well some of us do.

I am with you. As much as I love the traditional desgin, the watermark takes it away and more.

LostDoggy
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
1. Traditional
2. Retro
3. Current
4. Watermark

SonofScray
07-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Voted for the TRADITIONAL one, followed by the RETRO, CURRENT, and finally that monstrosity with the watermark. Well done to the peeps who contacted the Club and have pushed the issue. Well done to the Club for acknowledging that the question deserves to be asked.

ReLoad
07-07-2011, 07:42 PM
2,3,1 and 4. for me.

Option 2 is a dead set winner.

Greystache
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
1, 2, 4, 3 for me.

LostDoggy
07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
4 is shocking and IMO clearly the worst.
I prefer 2 over 3, but i'd struggle to really decide without a real physical jersey made

love the link here on facebook as well

DOG GOD
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
1. Traditional
2. Retro
3. Current
4. Watermark

Same here.

The Coon Dog
07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Just so people can get it right in their minds:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/0/2012-Western-Bulldogs-Guernseyv1(1).jpg
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/0/2012-Western-Bulldogs-Guernseyv2.jpg

Rocco Jones
07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
2,3,1,4 for me.

westdog54
07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
2,3,1,4 for me.

Slightly different, 2,3,4,1

Rocco Jones
07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Slightly different, 2,3,4,1

To be honest I only put in 2 preferences. 4 and 1= splitting hairs.

Greystache
07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
As a point of difference I just showed the options to some neutral supporters (Essendon), they were unanimous with 1, 4, 2, 3.

Drunken Bum
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
As a point of difference I just showed the options to some neutral supporters (Essendon), they were unanimous with 1, 4, 2, 3.

They are Essendon fans, that pretty much sums up their taste or lack thereof

Greystache
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Or on the contrary it gives us an idea what the non-hardcore Bulldogs supporters think.

Drunken Bum
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Or on the contrary it gives us an idea what the non-hardcore Bulldogs supporters think.

I was being facetious with my initial post sorry.

From my observations whenever the subject comes up on BF i have found opposition supporters to be just as much if not more in favour of reverting back to the traditional jumper than dogs fans. That being said though i personally don't understand why opposition fans opinions should matter at all re the issue.

Rocco Jones
07-07-2011, 09:42 PM

I know this is a line of thinking for a lot of people who want robodog to stay, that it attracts new members and those who love the traditional jumper are hooked anyway.

I don't know about you guys but I am definitely aware of a few fans who have become very detached from the club. Different name, jumper and ground to the team they grow up with. It has lost us members.

There's the whole 8 year old argument. Kids love it! It's the most delluded thing I've heard. Two things get kids from liking you to eventually becoming members and that's 1/ positive relationships with others and 2/ premierships.

I'm a teacher. Yeah, some 7 and 8 year olds think robodog is great but by the time they are cynical teenagers they find it tacky and lame just like us.

Ironically I think the 'hey look kids, this is cool!' approach very short term and really makes the club come across as tacky.

Once again only speaking for myself, but neutral fans I've spoken to are even more in support of the traditional strip over our current one.

To each their own though. Some people think Ed Hardy clothes look good.

SonofScray
07-07-2011, 09:44 PM

:D Yep, agree. In fact, that's even more reason to change it.

LostDoggy
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I know this is a line of thinking for a lot of people who want robodog to stay, that it attracts new members and those who love the traditional jumper are hooked anyway.

I don't know about you guys but I am definitely aware of a few fans who have become very detached from the club. Different name, jumper and ground to the team they grow up with. It has lost us members.

There's the whole 8 year old argument. Kids love it! It's the most delluded thing I've heard. Two things get kids from liking you to eventually becoming members and that's 1/ positive relationships with others and 2/ premierships.

I'm a teacher. Yeah, some 7 and 8 year olds think robodog is great but by the time they are cynical teenagers they find it tacky and lame just like us.

Ironically I think the 'hey look kids, this is cool!' approach very short term and really makes the club come across as tacky.

Once again only speaking for myself, but neutral fans I've spoken to are even more in support of the traditional strip over our current one.

Success will determine how many young supporters we get, compared to the robo dog.

Rocco Jones
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Success will determine how many young supporters we get, compared to the robo dog.

Yeah, the robo dog will get the kids thing reminds me of Gil the desperate salesman from The Simpsons.

AndrewP6
07-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Voted 2,1,3,4.

I think the 'traditional' style should get a go. I wouldn't be that unhappy with the current design staying, as I'm not that opposed to Robodog. The retro one is OK, just looks a bit strange (probably an effect of Robo's presence in recent years). As with most here, the watermark one just doesn't do it for me - I seem to recall some merchandise with that styling on it.

Greystache
07-07-2011, 10:16 PM

Anyone old enough to remember the old jumper being worn on the field would have to be in their 50's or older, surely we dont have to have a throw back to the old days to win back the handful of supporters from that generation? And if we do, they're not worth the effort.

Personally I don't love robodog, and with the colours we have, we should be able to design the best jumper in the league. But I'm not old enough to have seen the old jumper in anything but photos (and I'm hardly a kid), and I think it's a bit dull, and the retro jumper is ugly and just reminds me of going to the footy every week to watch the team get belted. So unless we can come up with something new that's a substantial improvement then I'm happy to stick with robodog.

Dry Rot
07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Online poll is quite clever by the club.

Great way to build a database, given the unnecessary details they ask for.

Rocco Jones
07-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Anyone old enough to remember the old jumper being worn on the field would have to be in their 50's or older, surely we dont have to have a throw back to the old days to win back the handful of supporters from that generation? And if we do, they're not worth the effort.

Personally I don't love robodog, and with the colours we have, we should be able to design the best jumper in the league. But I'm not old enough to have seen the old jumper in anything but photos (and I'm hardly a kid), and I think it's a bit dull, and the retro jumper is ugly and just reminds me of going to the footy every week to watch the team get belted. So unless we can come up with something new that's a substantial improvement then I'm happy to stick with robodog.

Yep, I grew up with the 'retro' jumper but knew of the 'traditional' jumper as the main stay over the club's history.

To each their own but I can't believe how quickly some people are to discount such majorities being in favour of the traditional jumper because they are locked in as members anyway.

LostDoggy
07-07-2011, 11:46 PM
The watermark one doesn't look too bad imo. but i think if they did make it, it would look quite bad.

Remi Moses
08-07-2011, 12:25 AM
2 for Me>>>>>> daylight 4 retro 3 current last

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 02:10 AM
I went 2, 3, 1 and then 4. It's simple, effective and traditional. Why do all Melbourne clubs (except Collingwood's colour scheme reversal) wear traditional jumpers? Why have Fremantle and Port Adelaide opted for traditional looking jumpers? Because of the reasons stated earlier. I'm sorry, but the traditional jumper holds more pride and history than one that looks like a Gatorade label.

Hotdog60
08-07-2011, 07:29 AM
I asked my son (18) and he liked No 1, I'm No 2 with No 3 second. I just wonder if the age on the survey might be the deciding factor and not the most popular if it was close.

BulldogBelle
08-07-2011, 09:06 AM

The catalyst for change isnt trying to appear to older generations - its more about trying to develop a simple, clean, timeless and proud jumper.

Woofa appeals to kids, the jumper not so much.

chef
08-07-2011, 09:22 AM

There's nothing deluded about it, it works(at Auskick in Ky our jumper is the second most popular behind Collingwood and from the dads I've talked to it is because kids love the jumper). It would be nice if we could get some membership breakdowns with age groups to see if Robodog has had an effect since it was brought it.

You could say it's deluded to think going back to an older style jumper is going to bring back people who don't want to be members anymore.

The Pie Man
08-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Thought the watermark option was quite a cool idea - on review it maybe looks more like a training top than an actual guernsey...but then so does our clash top to me.

My preferences below

Traditional
Retro
Watermark
Robodog (it's starting to really grate on me)

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 10:50 AM
I really hate those polls , they want your name address phone number email and your date of birth , they should have some fine print at the bottom that your private details are not going to be used by/ passed on to a third party and that all confidential information collected by the Club will only be used in relation to this survey , until such time no survey for me

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 10:52 AM
2,1,3,4 for me. :)

1eyedog
08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Number 2

Curly5
08-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I really hate those polls , they want your name address phone number email and your date of birth , they should have some fine print at the bottom that your private details are not going to be used by/ passed on to a third party and that all confidential information collected by the Club will only be used in relation to this survey , until such time no survey for me

You don't have to actually fill them in correctly. I put xxxxxx for my date of birth. :cool:

I like the Traditional, but would be happy to stay with Robodog. Retro doesn't do much for me, and Watermark is a bit too quirky, hard for kids to draw when they are drawing their footy pictures. :)

bornadog
08-07-2011, 11:14 AM
The only problem with the poll is there are no options for none of the above, or please design something new. Personally, I think we should have two decent jumpers, a home jumper and an away jumper, but please not predominantly white or reverse of the home jumper.

I was brought up in the Western Suburbs but now live in the inner south east and I am always suprised by who follows the dogs out in the eastern suburbs. I ask them why do they follow the dogs and they almost always say when they were kids they loved the colours. I don't think its the jumper design so much as the colours of the club which are very appealing. I guess out this way, the Hawks colours are the only ones to compare to:D

Taking the train into the City on game day its amazing how many doggies supporters there are out in the Eastern side of the city.

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 11:40 AM
There's nothing deluded about it, it works(at Auskick in Ky our jumper is the second most popular behind Collingwood and from the dads I've talked to it is because kids love the jumper). It would be nice if we could get some membership breakdowns with age groups to see if Robodog has had an effect since it was brought it.

You could say it's deluded to think going back to an older style jumper is going to bring back people who don't want to be members anymore.

I was wrong to use delluded. The point I was trying to get across is although it might be more popular with 8 year olds, that isn't the be all and end all. I'm a teacher and as a general rule, IMO the young kids like it but older kids/teenagers find it lame. If you want to talk about kids retro/old school is very cool with teenagers/young adults at the moment. Why does it have to only apply to 8 year olds? I teach 8 year olds, they change teams every two minutes anyway!

Each year we have issues retaining members yet the mass support of the traditional jumper is discarded due to them being members already. Forgetting your base in a desperate attempt to attract larger numbers is tacky and will erode that base.

The only problem with the poll is there are no options for none of the above, or please design something new. Personally, I think we should have two decent jumpers, a home jumper and an away jumper, but please not predominantly white or reverse of the home jumper.

I was brought up in the Western Suburbs but now live in the inner south east and I am always suprised by who follows the dogs out in the eastern suburbs. I ask them why do they follow the dogs and they almost always say when they were kids they loved the colours. I don't think its the jumper design so much as the colours of the club which are very appealing. I guess out this way, the Hawks colours are the only ones to compare to:D

Taking the train into the City on game day its amazing how many doggies supporters there are out in the Eastern side of the city.

Some great points there bornadog.

I must say I am huge on the retention point I just mentioned. We too easily discard the wants of our current members in pursuit of more and then wonder why we lose members. Instead of yelling and moaning at them being disloyal perhaps we should have a think about whether our tacky/short term tactics, we should think about what gets people to stay long term.

Is it that outtrageous to think that if the vast majority of our membership base wants it it should happen?

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I know posters here hate them but it would be interesting to see what lapsed members think.

Scraggers
08-07-2011, 11:53 AM
2, 4, 3, 1

I'm probably on my pat here, but I don't mind the watermark ... Still prefer the traditional though.

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 12:03 PM
2, 4, 3, 1

I'm probably on my pat here, but I don't mind the watermark ... Still prefer the traditional though.

The great thing about this is it gets the opinions of a variety of our members. For too long we he tried the tacky marketing approach to desperately try to get members. Our retention rates are poor, what about 25% from last year have not re-signed.

If the majority of our members want the current one to stay, so be it. My group wasn't started to enforce change, it was started to try and help the club get the jumper that best reflects the club.

w3design
08-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I went 2 3 1 and 4 love the old jumper make it happen dogs. If it does happen what will happen to the clash jumper if any thing.

The Underdog
08-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I went 2 3 1 and 4 love the old jumper make it happen dogs. If it does happen what will happen to the clash jumper if any thing.

Why not go the traditional jumper as the main jumper and keep the clash jumper as is? That way you get a jumper that the majority of fans like 75% of the time but get to market an alternative which keeps Robodog (who the kids apparently like and the white jumper, which going by the amount of young'uns wearing them, the kids also like).

I also went 2,3 1 & 4

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Why not go the traditional jumper as the main jumper and keep the clash jumper as is? That way you get a jumper that the majority of fans like 75% of the time but get to market an alternative which keeps Robodog (who the kids apparently like and the white jumper, which going by the amount of young'uns wearing them, the kids also like).

I also went 2,3 1 & 4

Or with the clash jumper we could move in a completely new direction

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6302/screenshot20110622at306.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/screenshot20110622at306.png/)

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2377/screenshot20110622at307.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/screenshot20110622at307.png/)

1eyedog
08-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Is that a looking glass into Mitch Hahn's Avoca Bulldogs jumper for next year?

Looks too much like the St. Kilda style with the cross and vertical colours. For all intents and purposes we need to retain the horizontal banding.

The Coon Dog
08-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Or with the clash jumper we could move in a completely new direction

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6302/screenshot20110622at306.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/screenshot20110622at306.png/)

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2377/screenshot20110622at307.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/screenshot20110622at307.png/)

Wrong thread, let's not get sidetracked. You have already created a thread for alternate designs, some of which look terrific & I think this is more appropriate there.

Maddog37
08-07-2011, 12:59 PM
2, 4, 3, 1

Same for me. Didn't mind the watermark but I acknowledge it could go horribly wrong on production.

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Same for me. Didn't mind the watermark but I acknowledge it could go horribly wrong on production.

I get the thinking with the watermark, old with the new and all that but I think the current jumper does that anyway.

bornadog
08-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Anyone old enough to remember the old jumper being worn on the field would have to be in their 50's or older, .

I hope the jumper debate isnot just based on the website poll. Many people maynot log on to the website, especially the over 50's.

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I hope the jumper debate isnot just based on the website poll. Many people maynot log on to the website, especially the over 50's.

Agreed. I've said it a few times but I really dislike the 'who cares what the Bulldogs faithful think, they are hooked anyway' type of thinking. Firstly, what's the point of having a club if you hasn't got it's heart? Secondly and most importantly, it's not clever marketing anyway IMO. A few here want us to disregard our base in pursuit of potential members. What about our issues retaining members? Over 25% didn't re-sign from last year. Short term tacky marketing ploys are great for products that aren't so emotionally based but our product is the complete opposite.

As odd as it is maybe making the majority of your current members happy is a good thing.

w3design
08-07-2011, 01:48 PM

I also went 2,3 1 & 4

Agree the kids do like the white jumper the robo dog is well known as the bulldogs by my kids

G-Mo77
08-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Why does everyone hate Number #4?

:confused:

AndrewP6
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM

For me, it seems like a training top, with the ridiculously large Robodog. Reminds me of some merchandise I've seen previously with R'dog featured. Just a bit over the top IMO, and doesn't work with the traditional stripes.

bornadog
08-07-2011, 02:08 PM

I actually like it. Its a bit of compromise between traditional and current

Murphy'sLore
08-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Just did a straw poll of my kids (9 and 7). Miss 9 voted Trad, Retro, then Current 'at 13' and Watermark 'at 800.'

Miss 7 voted for Current first but I think that's partly because that's all she knows. And kids hate change more than anyone.

She'll just have to suck it up though :)

G-Mo77
08-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I actually like it. Its a bit of compromise between traditional and current

They are exactly my thoughts on the top.

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Just did a straw poll of my kids (9 and 7). Miss 9 voted Trad, Retro, then Current 'at 13' and Watermark 'at 800.'

Miss 7 voted for Current first but I think that's partly because that's all she knows. And kids hate change more than anyone.

She'll just have to suck it up though :)

Hahaha.

As a primary school teacher I fully agree with kids hating change. They hate it more than anymore but I think they also adapt to it quicker than anyone!

Sedat
08-07-2011, 03:21 PM
2-3-4-1 for me. Don't like the idea of a watermark, although at least it places robot dog in the background.

AndrewP6
08-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I probably wouldn't mind the watermark so much if it wasn't so HUGE

Rocco Jones
08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I think I am going to change the name of the '54 jumper facebook group.

Should I go with 'Bulldogs traditional jumper' or 'Bulldogs traditional guernsey'? Oh the big decisions!

chef
08-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Should I go with 'Bulldogs traditional jumper' or 'Bulldogs traditional guernsey'? Oh the big decisions!

That one sounds better.

SonofScray
08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
No watermark please. It will look terrible.

I want the traditional jumper,, the retro jumper, or the current one. I don't see why there would need to be a compromise position. Keep it simple.

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Just to weigh in on the 8yo issue.
Showed the four options to my 8 yo and he picked the current one too. Like you guys say 'it's probably what they know so they go with that'?

mjp
08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
All of this is interesting.

I have now voted in the survey (traditional, retro, robo, watermark for me) and read through the thread. My comments are:

1/.The jumper we wear doesn't impact on my support of the club.
2/.I wear (as some people know) a 'retro' style guernsey that I got from some place in Newport (Rocco will know the place). The club got no money for this. I will not buy a jumper with the robot dog on it - looks fine but it is not for me.
3/.Earlier this year, West Coast (with their 25 years of history) did a one of run of their traditional (! lol) jumper and sold 2500 units at $250 a pop (with the names of every player who had ever played for the club in a 4point font on the back). Robo or traditional or retro, the club needs to be actively marketing all of the designs (and if they are really smart, optioning up numbers for online orders...a number 24 for my 4 yo named after the great man would go a treat).
4/.Robo or no robo, the white jumper is horrible and we have to come up with a better plan.

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I agree, the Robodog is loved by the kids. My 2 yo even recognises the brand.

I however have never really liked it. So I voted for the Traditional. It just smacks class

I wonder why the club is asking so many details when we vote though?

w3design
08-07-2011, 11:26 PM

Thats a better name Bulldogs traditional jumper

LostDoggy
08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't like number 4 at all.(Number 2, 1, 3)
Showed my 13 year old son, straight away picked number 4 as the favourite, then my 16 year old son, number 4 again, 23 year old son 3 then 4

1eyedog
09-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I actually don't mind jumper option 4 and certainly prefer it over our current robodog jumper.

AndrewP6
09-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I actually don't mind jumper option 4 and certainly prefer it over our current robodog jumper.

Even with option 4's HUGE Robodog watermark?

G-Mo77
09-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Even with option 4's HUGE Robodog watermark?

It really doesn't stand out that much. All it is, is another shade of Blue in the jumper.

mjp
09-07-2011, 11:08 AM
It really doesn't stand out that much. All it is, is another shade of Blue in the jumper.

Up close it looks OK. All of them together on a football field 50+ metres away? It will look like a mistake has been made at the dry cleaners.

bornadog
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
, the white jumper is horrible and we have to come up with a better plan.

At least I am not the only one that hates the white jumper.

Sockeye Salmon
09-07-2011, 11:13 AM
At least I am not the only one that hates the white jumper.

I love it

bornadog
09-07-2011, 12:30 PM

The real traditional jumper is either the first red/white and blue jumper worn in 1880's

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/jumper1886.gif

or 1925.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Footscray-Kit-1925.jpg

from http://www.footyjumpers.com/

Mr.1975
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
I also love the current white alternate strip, the club should retain it once our home jumper reverts back to the traditional/54 strip in 2012

Rocco Jones
09-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I also love the current white alternate strip, the club should retain it once our home jumper reverts back to the traditional/54 strip in 2012

I don't mind the white strip but what I think the club should do is listen to what the members and fans want. I definitely don't believe in majority rules for all aspects of club decision making, it would mean Gia would be out of the side for one!, but the jumper for mine is a members choice type of decision. Great to see the club do this.

BTW on the facebook group- I can't change the name due to having more than 100 likes!

Desipura
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
My 5yo daughter likes Robodog best. No surprise as she is most familiar with that one. The dog at the front is the winner in her books.
To please both young and old we may have to leave the dog on the traditional jumper perhaps?

KT31
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
2, 1, 3, 4 for me.
But do like us using the white away strip as a second jumper.

AndrewP6
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I love it

Me too

SonofScray
09-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I also love the white jumper. Sans robodog, it becomes my favourite.

craigsahibee
09-07-2011, 05:21 PM

A white reversal of the "traditional" jumper will suffice as an away strip.

chef
09-07-2011, 05:30 PM
A white reversal of the "traditional" jumper will suffice as an away strip.

I would love to see a blue version of our away jumper if anyone can do that(that would be a kind of mix between the current and the old).

Please:)

ledge
09-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I would love to see a blue version of our away jumper if anyone can do that(that would be a kind of mix between the current and the old).

If its blue it wont be an away/clash jumper because our home one is blue, the reason we change is to be away from the blue as a main colour.

chef
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
If its blue it wont be an away/clash jumper because our home one is blue, the reason we change is to be away from the blue as a main colour.

Really:D

I think you missed the point ledge, I want to see it to see what it would look like as a home jumper obviously:) maybe I should stated that to avoid confusion. Like a mixture of old and new;)

LostDoggy
09-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm actually all for the watermark idea. It gives us the traditional design back whilst pushing forward with something modern. Look at what Melbourne did. They didn't just go back to some old emblem, they made a new one that reflects the traditionalist ethos.

I voted 4, 2, 3, 1

I also doubt that our jumper design is responsible for the 25% fallaway. They didn't renew because they've written us off, they're the bandwagon supporters that we've never had any success at retaining for one simple fact — we haven't won a flag in nearly 60 years. Those people wouldn't care if we were wearing bright purple.

Mantis
09-07-2011, 11:52 PM
When do we get to vote on the shorts?... Bring back the red ones.

Rocco Jones
10-07-2011, 12:03 AM

Haha, I thought I was the only one! I love the red ones (hope you're being serious!). I even like the black ones we wore.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Yes, i love the red shorts as well.

AndrewP6
10-07-2011, 02:52 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.......

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 03:25 AM

Haha, no thanks!

ledge
10-07-2011, 08:14 AM
The Templeton red tight ones!!!

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 10:59 AM

I have a thread up with different designs , this is an example of a blue away jumper I did

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpost.php?p=222529&postcount=12

Jumper Design Thread

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9438

Mr.1975
10-07-2011, 12:03 PM
No to the red shorts, but yes to the socks they wore with those shorts (now were all being a bit over the top)

Rocco Jones
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I have changed the facebook address of our site to http://www.facebook.com/BulldogsTraditionalJumper.

Please join us if you have not done so already.

chef
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
I have a thread up with different designs , this is an example of a blue away jumper I did

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpost.php?p=222529&postcount=12

Jumper Design Thread

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9438

Yeah, nah. What I mean is a blue version of this as a home jumper.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8RilLXChIAG_FaNo0zDn6saOby_V78JVhjp-So07fMEQeK1NF

These two combined with a blue robodog in the middle.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlC_kkXI2h0odLaI7mT3PjTbHlUmvyLbmjYbJVAFs sh9Pifm06yg

chef
10-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't worry, I found one and I'm not sure if I like it.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLIQg6IUHQhNwEzpoSF38DbUMLc_AJM7tVkNgHgaH EwHxMdN1-&t=1

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjRaZIo_R_2DlNPUSTxh5ZOeVr-QuFiF6WiTFpuETcaEAp0SEetw&t=1

Rocco Jones
10-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I have changed the facebook address of our site to http://www.facebook.com/BulldogsTraditionalJumper.

Please join us if you have not done so already.

And if you don't have a facebook account, borrow (or hack into) a relative's or friends (or anyone)!.

We have more likes than any Western Bulldogs related facebook group other than the official one.

1eyedog
12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Don't worry, I found one and I'm not sure if I like it.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLIQg6IUHQhNwEzpoSF38DbUMLc_AJM7tVkNgHgaH EwHxMdN1-&t=1

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjRaZIo_R_2DlNPUSTxh5ZOeVr-QuFiF6WiTFpuETcaEAp0SEetw&t=1

Get rid of robodog and they'll look alright.

Happy Days
12-07-2011, 01:50 AM

Haha, I thought I was the only one! I love the red ones (hope you're being serious!). I even like the black ones we wore.

Yes, i love the red shorts as well.

Love the red shorts, but I like the 80's style jumper too (not having been alive for most of its run and thus not aware of its connotations), so what do I know?

Rocco Jones
12-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Love the red shorts, but I like the 80's style jumper too (not having been alive for most of its run and thus not aware of its connotations), so what do I know?

Vote for the retro jumper on the poll on the club's website.

Happy Days
12-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Vote for the retro jumper on the poll on the club's website.

Already have - 3, 2, 1, 4 for the record.

Rocco Jones
12-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Already have - 3, 2, 1, 4 for the record.

Good work. Anyone who prefers the traditional jumper over robodog is welcome in my group by the way. :)