PDA

View Full Version : Round #16 - Slaps and Sledges

GVGjr
10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
For those who aren't familiar with the Slaps and Sledges thread:

A slap on the back for a job well done by 2 players. (not to be confused with the Woof Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9023))
This can be a passage of player or even a spirited effort.

A sledge to two players that let down the team. Try and make this constructive critique and not just overly critical.

Provide us with your thoughts on this evenings game against the Carlton Blues.

Dog54
10-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Slaps 22 committed players. Great pressure the intensity we probably last took into 2009 prelim.

Special mentions

Hudson like a warhorse!
Hooper great persistence paid of with 2 goals
Dalhuas he is amazing

Sledges

Carlton fans who thought they were a premiership chance. No forward lie no premiership. We all know that!

comrade
10-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Sledges

Carlton fans who thought they were a premiership chance. No forward lie no premiership. We all know that!

The sad thing is that Ratten was full of praise for his forward line pre-match.

AndrewP6
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
SLAPS

Tom Williams - he was our Lake, in Lake's absence. Terrific effort, really impressed
Baz - seems to be moving well again, making chases that he couldn't make a month or so ago.Took some strong grabs and slotted 4.

Special mention to Roald Dahlhaus and Hoops, who did lots of chasing, harrassing, and got some rewards for their efforts.

SLEDGES

Grant - Might be repetitive, but he just doesn't do enough. Makes some great efforts then disappears for long periods.
Hill - As above.

Dishonourable mention to the whistleblowers for a completely inept performance. Pitiful.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Slap - The whole Team , awesome effort , just broke them down
Slap - Hooper , might not have a lotof stats but zone pressure and 2 goals was great

Sledge - Umpires , just appalling
Sledge - The game should have been televised, everyone should been able to watch Carton being mentally crushed

ledge
10-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Slap - The whole Team , awesome effort , just broke them down
Slap - Hooper , might not have a lotof stats but zone pressure and 2 goals was great

Sledge - Umpires , just appalling
Sledge - The game should have been televised, everyone should been able to watch Carton being mentally crushed

It was televised on foxtel

AndrewP6
10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
It was televised on foxtel

I think the point was that not everyone has Foxtel, therefore not everyone is able to see it.

Rance Fan
10-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Slap -
Williams - great attacking positive game
Ward - tuff!
Cross\Huddo - showed some old form!

Sledge
Umps were average!
Grant - need more from him!

AndrewP6
10-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Slap -
Williams - great attacking positive game
Ward - tuff!
Cross\Huddo - showed some old form!

Sledge
Umps were average!
Grant - need more from him!

That's a bit generous.

BulldogBelle
10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Slap

TOM WILLIAMS - apart from when he brought the ball back in, and kicked it out of bounds on the full, he didnt make many mistakes, and played full of confidence all day
Cooney
Boyd
Hudson
Hall
Ward

Sledge
How many 50 meter penalties were awarded? How many resulted in Carlton goals? Please
Grant probably didnt work hard enough
Hill may be dropped next week to bring Cheesey back in. That shot for goal was something that he should have gobbled up.

Nuggety Back Pocket
10-07-2011, 09:33 PM
For those who aren't familiar with the Slaps and Sledges thread:

A slap on the back for a job well done by 2 players. (not to be confused with the Woof Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9023))
This can be a passage of player or even a spirited effort.

A sledge to two players that let down the team. Try and make this constructive critique and not just overly critical.

Provide us with your thoughts on this evenings game against the Carlton Blues.

Slaps:
Wood and Williams who both played their best games this year.

Sledges:
Reid struggles at this level
Grant too light and lacks body strength.

Greystache
10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Slaps

Wood, Williams, Morris, Murphy- Defence was just brilliant
Eade- Implemented the press and it choked the life out of Carlton's run and carry
Dahlhaus- How can you not love what he brings
Hudson- Showed there's still some life in the veteran

Sledges

Picken- You know he tries his best but Murphy carved him up.
Grant- Didn't work hard enough
The umpires- *!*!*!*! me!!!

EasternWest
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Slap: Higgins kick to Cooney for Cooney's goal. As good a kick as you'll see.
Slap: Dahlhaus to Hooper goal. Two young pups who worked their butts off deserved to be in a piece of play like that.
Slap: Boyd. No question he is the right captain. Shut down Judd after half time. Completely.
Slap: Gilbee showed superb courage (as did Duigan, to be fair) to chase down a scrubbed kick. Put his body on the line for the team.

Sledge: Nope. Not this week. There were probably things to sledge, but I just want to enjoy an excellent performance.

westbulldog
10-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Slap - the entire team with special mention to the often maligned Ben Hudson, Tom Williams and Daniel Cross.

Sledge - for te first quarter and a half - the worst umpiring seen this year.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Slap
Dollhouse: gun
Williams and Woods best games for the club

Sledge
The umpires. Paid us back a few in the second half, an amateur display.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Slap

Our whole backline, every one of them were superb.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Dahlhaus
Hooper
Gilbee...........Happy 200th

BulldogBelle
10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Slap

Our whole backline, every one of them were superb.

Our backline was superb.

In the 1st and 2nd quarter when he were getting smashed in the clearances and at stoppages, it was our backline that kept us in the game.

Wonder what life would be like with a fit Lake a spring foot Harbrow back there?

westdog54
10-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Slap: Wood. Destroyed one of the most improved players this season.
Gilbee: For no other reason than giving 200 matches of fine service to our club.

Sledges: Blues Forward line. You are a bunch of overrated hacks.
The Final Siren: Why did it have to come?

angelopetraglia
10-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Slaps

Jones - the boy can take a contested mark, improving
Cooney - Guess who's back, back again, Cooneys back, tell a friend!

Sledges

Umpires - 4 out of their first 5 goals from dodgy/borderline decisions
Hill - not good enough for me

Jasper
10-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Slap well done to team. In particular Hudson who battled against the odds and won. Dahlhaus for his pack mark. Williams did a terrific job and was a tower of strength, hope he takes confidence from this game. And Adam Cooney, welcome back.

Sledge - Ray Chamberlain, it was Razor who awarded the two of the bs fifties that gave them goals. Even the Carlton supporters I was with were shaking their heads at the rubbish display.

Remi Moses
10-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Slaps- the whole groups pressure skills ( first class)
Slaps - Tom W ( best game for the club)great week for Qld's Reds Maroons
Slaps - Wood ( getting smarter bythe week)
Slaps- Hudson( one football lesson taught to that overpriced Giraffe Warnock.
Slaps- Dahlaus( great again)
I could go on everyone get's a slap

Sledge- Gobby Carlton Fans all week ( we're the Pies biggest challenger!)now it's no plan B
To many Houlihans' Bowyer's Thornton's get rid of Ratten)

Danny the snakeman
10-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Slap- the whole team,great effort.

Sledge- myself for losing the faith earlier in the year.

G-Mo77
10-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Slap

Tommy. Probably the best game I've seen him play.

Huddo. Warrior like performance today. I had a line through him a couple of weeks ago and he's proved me and a lot of others wrong.

Gilbee. There was one play he did today which I standed and applauded. I think it was the 3rd quarter
he made a meal of a hand pass followed up and made a contest which in turn almost knocked him out.

t
Sledges

I really worry about the way we bring the ball in after a behind is scored. Is it a game plan to hug the boundary nearly every contest?

Umpire #15. You are a cheat! You are one of the reasons that no one has respect for the umpires. I would have given anything to punch you in the mouth tonight.

Remi Moses
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Slaps -pressure, great aspect of the last 4 weeks.
Slaps- Dalhaus, his third and 4th efforts are great
Slaps- Hudson, tremendous work ( that overpriced spud Warnock got a football lesson)
Slaps- Barry, looked dangerous all night
Slaps - Tommy W, best game for the club(been a good week for Qlders
Slaps- Wood, he's getting better and showing more footy smarts weekly
Slaps- The Scottish Terrier, Kiss of Death, johnno, PM Gillard, Mark Stevens for the only tipsters to pick the Dogs

Sledges- poor performance from the yellow fraternity tonight:mad:
Not one to factor in umpires but we got stuffed tonight!

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Slaps: The whole team, equally. Even Hill was good in parts.

Sledge: Ray Chamberlain, if I ever see you in the street, I'll do my 15-20 in joy.

AndrewP6
11-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Slaps: The whole team, equally. Even Hill was good in parts.

Sledge: Ray Chamberlain, if I ever see you in the street, I'll do my 15-20 in joy.

You'd be out in 5 ;) And if the judge was a fan of footy at all, you'd get let off + compensation for your troubles :D

Or you could try this bloke's approach to prison escapades:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/07/06/125123-startling-visuals-man-caught-for-escaping-prison-in-suitcase.jpg

comrade
11-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Slaps:

Our backline was immense. If Tommy can somehow maintain that level for the remainder of the season, the loss of Lake won't sting so much. Morris is just the best mid sized defender in the competition. Wood had his best game for the Club and completely ignored my instructions to forget about winning the ball and just stop Walker :)

Rocket. Completely out coached Ratten all over the park. He has copped plenty of whacks this year, many of them on here and despite a good 3 weeks this game was always going to be a test of whether he had the ability to get the team playing the style of footy required to beat a top 4 contender. He passed the test with flying colours and hopefully that will be acknowledged. The team that ran out tonight were united for the cause and clearly playing for their coach.

Sledges:

It wasn't a perfect performance but I'm not going to bother with sledges tonight. I'm just going to enjoy a ripping win over my most hated team.

Maddog37
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Slaps. Our forward press. Tommy and Jones controlling the air.

Sledge. The *!*!*!*!ing umpires.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Plenty of slaps given but someone who appears to have missed out is Liam Jones.
For a kid, he's a powerhouse. Doesn't get outmarked, kills the contest and clunks a few himself. Throw in his tackling intensity and speed and he has been massive for us. Has his kicking issues but no one is perfect. He is improving at a tremendoes rate. SLAP!

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
You'd be out in 5 ;) And if the judge was a fan of footy at all, you'd get let off + compensation for your troubles :D

Or you could try this bloke's approach to prison escapades:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/07/06/125123-startling-visuals-man-caught-for-escaping-prison-in-suitcase.jpg

Not for what I'd do to him. Lucky to only get 20. Bloody little weasel.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Plenty of slaps given but someone who appears to have missed out is Liam Jones.
For a kid, he's a powerhouse. Doesn't get outmarked, kills the contest and clunks a few himself. Throw in his tackling intensity and speed and he has been massive for us. Has his kicking issues but no one is perfect. He is improving at a tremendoes rate. SLAP!

Young Jones did,nt actually make a tackle , even BBB who doesn,t make use of his huge frame only made one tackle , and young Grant who is just a frame made 5 tackles

anyway as you were , you know , 2 Slaps 2 Sledges

off you go

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Young Jones did,nt actually make a tackle , even BBB who doesn,t make use of his huge frame only made one tackle , and young Grant who is just a frame made 5 tackles

anyway as you were , you know , 2 Slaps 2 Sledges

off you go

Not sure what you mean but Jones is a great chaser in the forward line. Played in the ruck today so a different game from him with less chasing tail. I didn't look at the stats and am surprised at no tackles but probably a case where stats don't show the whole story. Grant laying 5 tackles a case in point. Just a player today, didn't think he contributed all that much.
Anyway, to follow the rules.
Slap: Jones,Williams
Sledge: None. Hate to ruin a good night with any negativity.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Slap - Tom Williams
Slap - Tom Williams
Slap - Tom Williams

Looked like a new man

Slap - Jones - outstanding game

Sledge - never want to see those umpires again. Somebody paid that idiot #15 off or he went for Carlton as a kid. 18 points of carltons score goes again his name.

Dazza
11-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Slap - Pretty much the whole team.

Eade - For using the press and bringing in the right players to implement it.

Tom Williams - Best game for the club.

Sledge

Grant - Not sure if it's his tank but he seemed too spent to make a lead. Seemed content to not have the ball kicked to him all night. On the plus side he gave a good effort defensively.

Happy Days
11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Slap - Ball Use

To get 71 less touches but win the inside 50's says that we used the ball very well. That Griffen-Higgins-Cooney goal was pretty symptomatic of how we went about it tonight

Slap - Forward Pressure

Hopper, Dahlhaus, etc; kudos to Rocket for having the balls to change the game style this deep into the season, bring in the little guys and tighten the press. Ratten and the Blues can blame themselves all they want - we made them overuse the ball.

Sledge - Picken

He's been brilliant the last few weeks, but got torched by Muprhy tonight. Plain and simple

Sledge - People having a go at Hill

He played for about half an hour and got 9 touches, and was able to have an impact; what more do you expect?

Ghost Dog
11-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Slap - Lindsay Gillbee. Only 4% of AFL players make it to 200. That's some effort

chef
11-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I think the point was that not everyone has Foxtel, therefore not everyone is able to see it.

Everyone needs to get it, especially for next season.

Live footy in HD with no ads and half decent commentators, I wish all our games that I can't make were on FOX.

bornadog
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Plenty of slaps to give so I will pick out a couple.

Slap: Boyd - Last quarter, Carlton mounting a charge, Boyd anticipates handball, steals ball and hits Hall on the chest - game over.

Slap: Wood - Walker is Carlton's number 1 goal kicker, Wood absolutely smashed him

Slap: Huddo - beaten in most of the tap outs against too monsters, but his ball clearance was superb and really got the boys going.

Sledge: The AFL and its stupid direction given to umpires - six 50 metre penalties was just ridiculous and unwarranted.

Ozza
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Slap - The whole sides response late in the second quarter. Many teams would have dropped their bundle after a bunch of 50m penalties and having the oppositon kick 5 of the last 6 goals. Was a great effort to turn it around.

Slap - Match committee - got the match ups right and exploited Carlton's weaknesses well. Also a slap to the way they have managed Cooney and Barry who (fingers crossed) are looking to be in decent nick heading towards the pointy end.

Slap - Cool heads in the piece of play where Grant cleverly kicking the ball low (to avoid potential smother) to Gia who ran in and executed the pass to Hooper in the goal square at the perfect time once the Carlton player committed one way.

Slap - Tommy Williams - outstanding game.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Plenty of slaps to give so I will pick out a couple.

Slap: Boyd - Last quarter, Carlton mounting a charge, Boyd anticipates handball, steals ball and hits Hall on the chest - game over.

Slap: Wood - Walker is Carlton's number 1 goal kicker, Wood absolutely smashed him

Slap: Huddo - beaten in most of the tap outs against too monsters, but his ball clearance was superb and really got the boys going.

Sledge: The AFL and its stupid direction given to umpires - six 50 metre penalties was just ridiculous and unwarranted.

My Carlton work colleague actually had the nerve to whinge to me this morning about the umpires, especially the Ward mark. I very delicately informed him of his error in judgement.

always right
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Slaps:
Callan Ward...uncompromising attack on the ball and the man. PLEASE STAY.

Tom Williams...dare I say his domination of Waite in the first half was almost arrogant

Sledges:
Sam Reid...had no impact on the game whatsoever. I want so much for this bloke to string some good performances together

Forget Ray Chamberlain....it was the tall grey ghost Umpire Nicholls who was the culprit in the first half. Disgraceful.

Mantis
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Slap:

Boyd - That intercept and pass to Barry for the sealer was dare I say 'Special'. It must be a nice feeling for you to have Cooney back doing his thing too.

Dahlhaus - How can a dirty little grommet make such a difference?? Kudos to the way you are playing.

Slap - The backline. Awesome job boys.

Sledge:

My head - Why oh why did I celebrate so hard... It's going to be a long day....

Topdog
11-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Tom Williams...dare I say his domination of Waite in the first half was almost arrogant

One could say almost Lake like :p

always right
11-07-2011, 10:41 AM
One could say almost Lake like :p

It's a good point. Surprised no-one else has picked that up.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Slap - that Cooney goal - welcome back Adam!
Slap - Our forward pressure - great to watch Carltooon coughing it up!

Sledge - I'm too happy enjoying this moment to even contemplate a sledge! :D

Mofra
11-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Slap:
Williams, Wood - best games they've played for the club (ditto the grommet & Hooper)
Cooney - back to near his best

Sledge:
Umpiring in the first half was woeful, 7 frees and 3x50m penalties to 1 free kick at one point.
Carlton fans - never seen so many people leave so early. Bunch of soft front-runners just like their team.

Greystache
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Slap:
Williams, Wood - best games they've played for the club (ditto the grommet & Hooper)
Cooney - back to near his best

Sledge:
Umpiring in the first half was woeful, 7 frees and 3x50m penalties to 1 free kick at one point.
Carlton fans - never seen so many people leave so early. Bunch of soft front-runners just like their team.

And our 1 was from an out on the full!

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Slap:

Boyd - That intercept and pass to Barry for the sealer was dare I say 'Special'.

I wanted to mention this one. Just strong leadership and desire to keep the dogs on top.
This is what we talk about when we say we want our leaders to put their hand up and do something special. Iced the game emphatically.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Slap:

Backline - Williams, Morris, Murphy, Wood, Markovic All won there respective duels comfortably. Absolutely dominated when we were getting smashed in the clearances for most the day. Awesome job.

Cooneys Goal - The tranferral of play was fantastic, great to see Cooney finish it off too. That got the crowd up and about!

Dahlhaus - Was absolutely spent at the end of the game, what a little gem. His overhead pack mark he took was hiliarious :)

Sledge:

Umpires - enough said.
Our Supporters - Was a bit better showing today but i still think for a home game and going for 4 in a row we should have had more there. Hopefully this win makes people start tunring up!!

Sedat
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Massive sledge to myself for forgetting to set the IQ and record the match before going on holiday. Don't care, feel great that the team made a statement of intent against a top 4 contender.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:15 PM
And our 1 was from an out on the full!

I don't subscribe to the theory that the free kick count has to be level. Of the four 50m penalties against us, two were there — one soft and one blatant — but we definitely need answers to the two that weren't.

I think what the Dogs really proved yesterday was that with enough intensity and work rate, the umpires are fairly inconsequential. It was a shocking level of umpiring, and it has been for many of our games this year, but I bet every supporter feels that way and karma bit them on the arse a bit in the end, especially with Ward's mark. I got some dirty looks from the scum after Ward's mark, was shouting gleefully, “Karma is a biiiiitch, karma is a biiiiiitch.” Was it immature? Yes it was. Did it feel good? Hell yeah!

The Coon Dog
11-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Massive sledge to myself for forgetting to set the IQ and record the match before going on holiday. Don't care, feel great that the team made a statement of intent against a top 4 contender.

If you have the Foxtel App on an iPhone you can set it from your phone to record. I often do that.

Sockeye Salmon
11-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't subscribe to the theory that the free kick count has to be level. Of the four 50m penalties against us, two were there — one soft and one blatant — but we definitely need answers to the two that weren't.

I think what the Dogs really proved yesterday was that with enough intensity and work rate, the umpires are fairly inconsequential. It was a shocking level of umpiring, and it has been for many of our games this year, but I bet every supporter feels that way and karma bit them on the arse a bit in the end, especially with Ward's mark. I got some dirty looks from the scum after Ward's mark, was shouting gleefully, “Karma is a biiiiitch, karma is a biiiiiitch.” Was it immature? Yes it was. Did it feel good? Hell yeah!

That's absolutely bollocks.

When they were screwing us early Carlton were doing it easy.
We got the better of the umpiring after that and we pumped them.

Mantis
11-07-2011, 12:21 PM
I wanted to mention this one. Just strong leadership and desire to keep the dogs on top.
This is what we talk about when we say we want our leaders to put their hand up and do something special. Iced the game emphatically.

Before this bit of play you could see we had the stagggers a little and just needed to kick one more to ice the game, but we couldn't quite find it. It was only going to take one bit of play from anyone of our guys to kick that goal and I was glad to see our captain be that player.

I have been a pretty harsh critic of Boyd over the time, but his leadership over the past month has been great and his role within the team is allowing us to play some good footy... So good job.

Stefcep
11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
SLAP: Eade for out-coaching Ratten, and the forwards for carrying out the pressure from the front tactic.
SLEDGE: RATTEN:"That was four points gone begging". No respect. Suck it up, Princess!

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Slap Cross.. many had him finished including myself but the last 2 weeks have been great

Desipura
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Slap Dahlhaus - "in da house"
Huddo (play like that and we keep him for next season.)
Williams, career defining game?
Cooney, how badly injured he must have been early in the season.

Sledge: Hill goes one hand in a marking contest in the 3rd qtr, was afraid of incoming traffic.

AndrewP6
11-07-2011, 01:37 PM

One terrible part of yesterday's umpiring was the number of calls that were soft vs the number of obvious frees that were missed. At one point in, I think, the last qtr, one of our blokes just about clotheslined his opponent, and it was play on.:eek: Laughable, no wonder those clowns aren't respected.

AndrewP6
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Everyone needs to get it, especially for next season.

Live footy in HD with no ads and half decent commentators, I wish all our games that I can't make were on FOX.

I just think it's not that simple for some... it's not cheap, and will no doubt go up in price.

chef
11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I just think it's not that simple for some... it's not cheap, and will no doubt go up in price.

TBH it's around $15 a week(about the same as 1 packet of smokes or a couple of beers). I guess it just comes down to what you would rather spend that money on.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
If you have the Foxtel App on an iPhone you can set it from your phone to record. I often do that.

Ain't technology grand?

That's absolutely bollocks.

When they were screwing us early Carlton were doing it easy.
We got the better of the umpiring after that and we pumped them.

One terrible part of yesterday's umpiring was the number of calls that were soft vs the number of obvious frees that were missed. At one point in, I think, the last qtr, one of our blokes just about clotheslined his opponent, and it was play on.:eek: Laughable, no wonder those clowns aren't respected.

I'm not saying the umpiring was good, quite the opposite, I'm saying it didn't matter in the end because the boys worked hard to win regardless.

Anyway, it's off-topic I guess…

the banker
11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
SLAP Match Committee, Rocket and the Playing Group, for rising to the challenges. We now look convincing.

SLAP Huddo for repaying the faith of the above. Awesome efforts the past 2 weeks.

SLAPS Tommy, Dolly, Jones, Ward and Hoops. Keep working guys the future is yours.

SLAPS Baz, Crossy, Coons etc etc

Sockeye Salmon
11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
TBH it's around $15 a week(about the same as 1 packet of smokes or a couple of beers). I guess it just comes down to what you would rather spend that money on.

I don't drink or smoke, there's nothing left to give up :(

Murphy'sLore
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Coffee?

Topdog
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM

carbon?

Mantis
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM

Internet.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Heating.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Slaps
Hooper and Dahlhaus - two young guns who stood up and took the game on.
The back line, especially Williams - played a fantastic game and was his best for a long while.

Sledges
The umpires. Absolutely deplorable.

Sockeye Salmon
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Internet.

Then you guys will miss out on my insightful commentary, I couldn't do that to you

Twodogs
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Then you guys will miss out on my insightful commentary, I couldn't do that to you

Damn right. The world just wouldnt be the same.

chef
11-07-2011, 06:41 PM

I guess it's all about priorities.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Well , how about underpants , then you could as the thread says give yourself 2 slaps and 2 wedges I mean sledges

:rolleyes: moving on

LongWait
11-07-2011, 08:11 PM
SLAPS - the much maligned Williams and Jones for standing up and dominating the key posts.

SLAP- Boyd for fighting through a bloody awful start to the game to slowly impose himself through sheer hard work and strength of mind.

SLAP - the Grommet for showing everyone how to pressure, chase, never give up.

SLAP - Rocket: I'm not his biggest fan but I'll certainly give him credit for hanging tough and finally getting the team to apply a sucessful forward press.