PDA

View Full Version : Yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

mjp
10-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Geez that was fun.

Some committed footy. Some breathtaking attacking footy (Coon's goal as good as it get's in terms of attacking transition) and most importantly some real 'line in the sand' stuff to turn around the stoppages/inside ball work from the mid-point of the 2nd quarter.

Whatever flack the MC and playing group have copped this year, they should receive equal parts praise for this result. And in particular, for those signing the death papers of Hudson, think again.

Very excited. Very happy for everyone involved at the club and really looking forward to next week.

Go_Dogs
10-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Well said!

Hudson had a few good weeks, and Jones' ability to help out has been a huge bonus.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-07-2011, 09:01 PM
That win must be such a shot in the arm to the whole club. Loved the effort especially our response when things were looking a bit bleak half way through the second. 5 weeks ago, we would've folded, instead we found another gear, and from 27 points down, we wrested the momentum away and went on with it.

I put my hand up for being one of the ones who thought Hudson's goose was well and truly cooked who was limping toward retirement. I really thought that Kruezer would nail him today instead Kruezer was a complete non factor.
Well done Huddo and well done to the coaching staff and players for a really stirring performance.

Desipura
10-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Glad I was able to go, most satisfying win all season!
Dahlhaus is a beauty and Boyd leads by example.

Remi Moses
10-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Great win ! Just have to pose the question where was that in the first half of the year?

Topdog
10-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Whatever flack the MC and playing group have copped this year, they should receive equal parts praise for this result. And in particular, for those signing the death papers of Hudson, think again.

I was one of those, put my hand up half way through the 3rd qtr and stated he had embarrassed me.

Warnock has been massive for Carltank this year, a non factor after the 15 min mark of the 2nd qtr.

JohnGentStand
10-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I also said it. Hudson will not cope with Kreuz & Warnock. I was Wrrrrrr, I was Wrrrrrr......rrrrrr. Huddo was bloody tremendous

westdog54
10-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Its just one of those nights where you are just so, so proud to be a member of this club.

Absolutely fantastic. We've beaten a genuine top 4 contender after being criticised for beating up on rubbish teams. 2 months ago Hudson was finished, Gia was a liability, Cooney was never going to be the same again and Eade was a dead coach walking.

Greystache
10-07-2011, 09:27 PM
The defensive match ups were superb, none of the Carlton forwards looked like kicking a winning score. Walker has been on fire and the only goal he got for the game was when Cross briefly picked him up when Wood went onto Garlett.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Whoo Hooo!!!!!! Haven't enjoyed a game that much for some time, great to see the boys back doing the things we love! Great pressure, tackling and they just kept coming, even when the game was in the bag! I'm a pretty happy vegemite tonight! PS Thought it was pretty good seeing all those filth supporters leaving halfway through the last quarter??? Hehe!:D

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Beat me to it! I wanted a thread where I can just say DAMN THAT WAS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! And of all teams to prove our worth against, cop it sweet Carlton.

We have played a solid 8 quarters in 2 weeks, no need to stop now, lets make sure the Roos know who the real contenders are next week.

SonofScray
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Just love a win against this mob. On a few levels, first due to their arrogance, one SEN caller suggesting that the loss to us was unacceptable because we are a 2nd rate Club. Pipe down loser. 2nd, that Dog's fans without a reserved seat had to give up their regular GA spots to accommodate Carlton members at our Home game. I'm not sure what the contracts are like, but it just seems ridiculous. I don't appreciate it. 3rd, they are just dead set blatant cheats.

Great win.

Sockeye Salmon
10-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Like everyone else I'm sure, we had the typical arrogant, mouthy Carlscum around us.

Halfway through the 2nd quarter I said, "this is about the least enjoyable match I've been to this year. We're going to get smashed."

It got better.

angelopetraglia
10-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes. We were so hard at it tonight. So many contests where our players put it all on the line.

-Gilbee a few times was like a man possessed.
-Callan Ward only knows one way.
-Hall going the footy even though four were hanging off him
-Dalhaus, how much energy does he bring
-Cooney so tough on the inside

westdog54
10-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Like everyone else I'm sure, we had the typical arrogant, mouthy Carlscum around us.

Halfway through the 2nd quarter I said, "this is about the least enjoyable match I've been to this year. We're going to get smashed."

It got better.

IIRC You said something similar in a game against the Saints a couple of years back when we were 6 goals down at 1/4 time.

We won by 7 goals, Josh Hill made Nicky Dal look silly, Morris destroyed Riewoldt, Cam Wight kicked a goal running off Kosi and Brian wouldn't let him have a drink in the last quarter.

Was a fantastic night.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 09:46 PM
All of a sudden we have pace and a forward press. Record inside 50 tackles. Thanks Hooper, Dahlhaus, Cooney, Wood, and Williams for a bit of zip.

ledge
10-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes. We were so hard at it tonight. So many contests where our players put it all on the line.

-Gilbee a few times was like a man possessed.
-Callan Ward only knows one way.
-Hall going the footy even though four were hanging off him
-Dalhaus, how much energy does he bring
-Cooney so tough on the inside

Dont forget HOOPS!

Ghost Dog
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
We've had our share of pain. but if you keep giving it your best, the worm will turn. Well done boys!

Jasper
10-07-2011, 10:39 PM
In a corporate box full of Carlton supporters, next door was the same. Their sad faces was gold - gee it was enjoyable being humble, particularly to the guy who picked Carlton by 80 points in our sweep.

cinder
10-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I was sitting amongst a ton of Carlton supporters, never seen a stand clear out so quickly middle of the last quarter.

Was so impressed with our boys today, super effort.

I heard a whinging Blues supporter on SEN on the drive home say they were beaten by a 2nd class side this afternoon, pfffft!

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 10:49 PM
The title pretty much sums it up.

And to the Carlton d*** who called us a second rate club- what does that make Carlton if they got BEATEN by a "second rate club"?

SonofScray
10-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I was sitting amongst a ton of Carlton supporters, never seen a stand clear out so quickly middle of the last quarter.

Was so impressed with our boys today, super effort.

I heard a whinging Blues supporter on SEN on the drive home say they were beaten by a 2nd class side this afternoon, pfffft!

Was listening to this caller as well. A dead set flog. Typical of all Carlton supporters.

cinder
10-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Was listening to this caller as well. A dead set flog. Typical of all Carlton supporters.

I'm glad Scottie West defended us and said he didn't agree, and we had played in the last 3 prelims. He didn't add 'and what have Carlton done' but he didn't need to!

Ghost Dog
10-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Walker had food poisoning. another player was ill, but played him anyway ( can't remember who ) Rattan said our pressure was not really the factor. More overusing the ball by hand.

Anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Week by week. Well done lads

AndrewP6
10-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Walker had food poisoning. another player was ill, but played him anyway ( can't remember who ) Rattan said our pressure was not really the factor. More overusing the ball by hand.

Of course he did :eek:

firstdogonthemoon
10-07-2011, 11:20 PM
That was the highlight of the year so far. I have been a fair weather fan this year. Not proud of it but I just have not been able to commit to attending every week. I was given a gift tonight that I may not deserve, but I am going to hang on to it anyway.

Awesome win.

LostDoggy
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm having an absolute ball dukin' it out in the Twitterverse with a long procession of douchebag Carlton knobs giving us shit because … um … gee I don't really know! Love it!!

One bloke tried telling me Carlton own us on MCG. I replied, well, we've played you there only 4 times since 1980, so you're basing this on what?

Anyway, love their fans, total ferals and revving them up is good sport!

G-Mo77
10-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I haven't felt that pumped after a game in a long time. Great win by the boys tonight. It's an uphill ride to the final 8 but we're in a pretty good position now.

Remi Moses
10-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Just love a win against this mob. On a few levels, first due to their arrogance, one SEN caller suggesting that the loss to us was unacceptable because we are a 2nd rate Club. Pipe down loser. 2nd, that Dog's fans without a reserved seat had to give up their regular GA spots to accommodate Carlton members at our Home game. I'm not sure what the contracts are like, but it just seems ridiculous. I don't appreciate it. 3rd, they are just dead set blatant cheats.

Great win.

Actually a few called into Sen Late last night talking about the Collingwood game!!
Disrespectful arrogant sods they are!!Systematically cheated ( then cried poor us)
Corruption, Colusion, Cheats! One word IAN COLLINS

Mantis
10-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Is there a better team to support after a win like that?

We have all riden the rollercoaster, but it's a he'll of a ride when it clicks.

The scum from Lygon st can go & get stuffed.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 01:44 AM
THIS.... Beautifully put...
The scum from Lygon st can go & get stuffed.:D

chef
11-07-2011, 07:55 AM
]Like everyone else I'm sure, we had the typical arrogant, mouthy Carlscum around us.[/B]

It got better.

My Sous Chef is one of those and I've had to put up with his bullshit all week. I can't wait to see him today:).

Flamethrower
11-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Rattan is a flog, and couldn't coach his way out of a brown paper bag (which that tragic club know all about). If we are 2nd rate, what does that make them? Pretenders, and flat track bullies!

The Underdog
11-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Absolutely the most satisfying win of the year. We actually won a game with pressure. Looking at the stats you'd think we would have lost but the way we overcame a deficit like that against a top four team (for the moment) was outstanding.
Great job boys. Now we have to win next week or it means bugger all in the context of the season.

Murphy'sLore
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Just a fantastic team effort, and brilliant to watch. GO DOGS!

I had trouble sleeping last night, I think I was a bit over excited.

Topdog
11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Next morning..... Still feels just as good.

craigsahibee
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Happy as a pig in $hit. No better way to kick off a week at the Gold Coast with the family than with a solid win against the filth. Made all the more pleasurable by the fact that Tommy W had a blinder and gave the moron supporter 2 rows behind me no excuse to get stuck into him unfairly.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 10:42 AM

I'm hearing you, and loving it too!

always right
11-07-2011, 10:45 AM
This is such a happy board this week:D

Mofra
11-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Made all the more pleasurable by the fact that Tommy W had a blinder and gave the moron supporter 2 rows behind me no excuse to get stuck into him unfairly.
I think I sat in front of that bloke last year - he'd be miserable that he can't lay the boots into the side.

Zero passengers was the most pleasing aspect - hate Carlton more than any other side so the win was super-sweet.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Bloody unreal win - best so far!! I know we love to hate this mob but I can't help but look at the draw ahead and see that they play the bombers, norf, freo and the aints - no doubt they will be our best friends if they win these games!!!

Greystache
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM

I concur with the opinion of this poster. :D

Doc26
11-07-2011, 11:15 AM

If at all possible it actually feels even better than yesterday as my boss is a Carlton tragic which gives me all week to be smug and gloat about it. Will be a great week.

G-Mo77
11-07-2011, 11:37 AM
There was just something in the air last night. I wasn't felling all that confident going into it but when I walked into the Dome around 4pm Sunday I just sensed something. As more supporters came to their seats there seemed to be a different atmosphere and when play started the team looked they wanted this one badly. OK second quarter I'm sure all of us felt a little deflated but our boys stood up and our crowd were firmly behind them.

It was an amazing night at the Dome last night, here is hoping there is more performances like this to close out.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Give me a 'HELL YEAH'!!

1eyedog
11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I won two six packs yesterday from people at work. There are five carlton supporters here today so I''ll take my two six packs on Friday night. But today is all about sending them all calender invites to help me drink it all on Friday night and reflect on the game.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:00 PM
give me a 'hell yeah'!!

hell yeah!

Daughter of the West
11-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Give me a 'HELL YEAH'!!

HELL YEAH!!!

:D

Now to keep it going!

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Was an awesome win by the boys!! The mood at the dome was amazing, we were all as one! Just love it!! And we wanted that ball so badly! Was good to see everyones passion back! Bring on north!!

Chicago1
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
The match started at 1.40am Chicago time and was shown on ESPN3. I wanted to watch, but wasn't sure about going to sleep beforehand and then waking up to watch it. As it happened I was on my computer and lost track of time before the match so just stayed up. When we slipped to 27 points behind, I thought about going to sleep, but ya never know...

Glad I stayed up to witness such a memorable win. Finally got to sleep at about 4.45am and was up at 8am for church. I just might have nodded off during the sermon, but what the hell...oops... heck. Hate to rub it in, but it was about 33C today. Almost a perfect summer Sunday as it turned out. :D

Curly5
11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
That was the highlight of the year so far. I have been a fair weather fan this year. Not proud of it but I just have not been able to commit to attending every week. I was given a gift tonight that I may not deserve, but I am going to hang on to it anyway.

Awesome win.

Plus, you've not even given us any humour this season, to keep our spirits up.:confused:

Heard Tom Harley on tv this morning, more or less dismissing Carlton's loss as an aberration. Wanker.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
HELL YEAH!!!

:D

Now to keep it going!

Excellent work!

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 02:27 PM
hell yeah!!!:d

1eyedog
11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Plus, you've not even given us any humour this season, to keep our spirits up.:confused:

Heard Tom Harley on tv this morning, more or less dismissing Carlton's loss as an aberration. Wanker.

Well Tom is mistaken there. It's the second aberration following the first aberration against West Coast two weeks ago.

Sheez get it right Tom.

1eyedog
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
The match started at 1.40am Chicago time and was shown on ESPN3. I wanted to watch, but wasn't sure about going to sleep beforehand and then waking up to watch it. As it happened I was on my computer and lost track of time before the match so just stayed up. When we slipped to 27 points behind, I thought about going to sleep, but ya never know...

Glad I stayed up to witness such a memorable win. Finally got to sleep at about 4.45am and was up at 8am for church. I just might have nodded off during the sermon, but what the hell...oops... heck. Hate to rub it in, but it was about 33C today. Almost a perfect summer Sunday as it turned out. :D

:eek:

Topdog
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM

I'm happy that he thinks so and that Ratten thinks it as well.

It means they won't be looking for their faults which will see them tumble out of the finals.

bornadog
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
When we win like this and especially against the cheats, I want to watch every football show for the rest of the week (except THe Footy Show), starting tonight with The Winners, On the Couch, etc.

BornInDroopSt'54
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM

You're a true believer of big proportions! Glad you got your reward with the win and the 33c to comfort your lack of shut eye and faith from far away!

BornInDroopSt'54
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
When we win like this and especially against the cheats, I want to watch every football show for the rest of the week (except THe Footy Show), starting tonight with The Winners, On the Couch, etc.

Don't forget the videos on web.... I draw the line at checking out the Carlton forum, although there could be some sinister fun to be had there, I'm no Greek in a horse.

always right
11-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Yeah...I might even check out the godawful Footy Classifieds to see what patronising 20 seconds they'll give us.

bornadog
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah...I might even check out the godawful Footy Classifieds to see what patronising 20 seconds they'll give us.

It will be all about Why Carlton lost not how we won.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I,ve watched one or two post match interview,s with Mr Ratten , you can tell he,s just not sure what to make of it , all the stats bar the scoreboard tells him his side should have won , he dismisses our pressure , he just says that our run was better and they over used the ball . It just seems he can,t accept that the game plan he made which only comes in three versions Spread Laterally and Push Forward 1.0 , 1.1 and 1.2 was ruined by Rockets gameplan Deny Space and Zone Defence with Quick Efficient Ball Movement version 2011 RD 16 update

The Bulldogs Bite
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Damn I love this club.

That's all I've been thinking the last 24 hours.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
It will be all about Why Carlton lost not how we won.

And Grant Thomas will still find a way to run us down, even if he has to invent something (which is often).

Twodogs
11-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Damn I love this club.

That's all I've been thinking the last 24 hours.

It's a beautiful thing isnt it?

Bulldog4life
11-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Ditto. Even Footy Classified to see what the "Oracle" Grant Thomas has to say.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Just realised it was almost a year to the day. 11 July last year was when we beat them by 58 points.

westdog54
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
It's a beautiful thing isnt it?

I've actually spent today saying to people that I was proud of my club. A feeling that will only be beaten by a premiership.

LostDoggy
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Had a look at the ladder predictor.
From what i saw, the crucial games are Fremantle, Essendon and North. If we win those 3 we're in and assuming we can beat port, we are basically in regardless of the Sydney and WC games. We're a chance to win every individual game left, other than West Coast, but i doubt we can do it in succession..
Waite's injury hurts big time though, next week for them doesn't matter, but after that we desperately need them to bear North and Essendon as well. However, if we finish 8th, i would much prefer to play Carlton rather than travel to WC, so we want them to win v the position 8 contenders and lose to everyone else

Ghost Dog
11-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Wore my hat to work today. Singing the song through southbank. yay!

LostDoggy
12-07-2011, 12:40 AM
And Grant Thomas will still find a way to run us down, even if he has to invent something (which is often).

Was interesting that he actually had some decent things to say about us for once.

bold-dogg
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
I went over to a carlton site to read the gameday comments from their perspective. They were baying for blood: every player except murphy should be dropped, ratten sacked, and of course we westers are crims, and worse. I went on another site once, for the same reason, and was really disappointed at the posts there as well. I was quite proud of the quality of the posts here, and over at Bulldogs BF too - even when some of us (me first) thought the game had gone past Eade we still refered to him with respect. And I think we're fair with our players too, obviously with different opinions and some debate. Over at the carton site they don't seem to want to learn about football and how the best, the Western Bulldogs, defeated them. They might be right about one thing, though - if ratten doesn't know how we showed them up maybe he shouldn't coach AFL .

Dry Rot
12-07-2011, 01:14 AM
I got to razz my Blues neighbour who moved up from Melbourne. :)

I hope we smash the Swans.

aker39
12-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I,ve watched one or two post match interview,s with Mr Ratten , you can tell he,s just not sure what to make of it , all the stats bar the scoreboard tells him his side should have won , he dismisses our pressure , he just says that our run was better and they over used the ball.

I heard him quote one stat, that they had 70 more possessions, yet 6 less inside 50's and he couldn't quite work out how that could happen.

Well Mr Rotten, it happened by the pressure that we put on those possessions of yours.

LostDoggy
12-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Waite's groin injury is karma. Should have been suspended twice for kicking players in the groin earlier in the year.

LostDoggy
12-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Waite's groin injury is karma. Should have been suspended twice for kicking players in the groin earlier in the year.

Hahaha, gold!