PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Bulldogs vs Hawks

GVGjr
26-08-2007, 08:32 AM
This is the discussion thread for todays game.

Who's you tip to kick the first goal for us? I'll go for Giansiracusa

Will Sewell be given the task on West?

LostDoggy
26-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Cooney to kick our first.

Go_Dogs
26-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll tip Murph to kick our first.

westdog54
26-08-2007, 03:02 PM
All 3 guesses missed. Farren nails the first.

Roughead has just goaled.

Dogs by 12, Hawthorn very wasteful early, should be well on top.

Twodogs
26-08-2007, 05:07 PM
That was embarrasing.

DOG GOD
26-08-2007, 05:25 PM
more than embarrassing. We have a LONG LONG LONG way to go.

Twodogs
26-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I just cant believe the total and utter capitulation.

GVGjr
26-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I just cant believe the total and utter capitulation.

We really have trouble keeping the scoreboard ticking over and I don't think a key forward will necessarily be the answer. It could be a bit like Richo at the Tigers.

Once Clarkson made the adjust to the defensive match-ups in our forward line it really did shut us down. I hate to say it but Eade has been lacking answers once the opposition coaches adjust to the tempo of the game and it's been that way since the middle of the season.

LostDoggy
26-08-2007, 06:22 PM
franklin kicked 2.11 - what a hack. Brian Harris did a good job today..even if franklin had 13 scoring shots, he filled the hole when we needed it.

cant say much for the rest of em..cept gilbee who pushed up the ground very well..

we have gone from a potential top 4 side, to a bottom 4 side..we are in the bottom 4 dammit! :(

Dry Rot
26-08-2007, 06:33 PM
How did McDougall go?

Who played on Franklin?

GVGjr
26-08-2007, 06:59 PM
How did McDougall go?

Who played on Franklin?

McDougall was quiet but did some very nice things. There was one smother on Franklin that he forced through for a behind that underlines why we need to preserver with him. Franklin gave Williams a bath early on but really only kicked points. Morris had him a bit later.

Franklin isn't settled when he comes in for a set shot. He is spinning the ball like Warnie just a second before he kicks it.

DOG GOD
26-08-2007, 07:01 PM
doogs played on boyle and kept his goalless. Had a GREAT smother to stop a buddy goal.

Buddy SHOULDVE kicked 10 today, missed some easy shots...couldve had 5-6 in the first qtr.

Williams started on him, then morris.

Dry Rot
26-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks

So why did the wheels fall off? No forwards or our midfield was rubbish?

LostDoggy
26-08-2007, 10:53 PM
How good was McDougalls smothering effort? I really was sucked in early thinking that the early missed shots by the Hwks was going to cost them the game. :rolleyes:

bornadog
27-08-2007, 01:18 PM
What I couldn't believe was the way the players just gave up. In the last quarter they just stood there and watched. We got smashed in the ruck, the clearances and the hard ball gets. Hawthorns mid field was just too good. They just pumped the ball into the forward line and our backline was under sieze and their heads were hanging low.

OBSERVATIONS from yesterday

Power - my opinion vindicated, he will not take this club forward. The experiment as a tagger, hasn't actually worked and got towled up badly.
Williams, Everrit - a lot of us expected too much from these guys. They will be better for the run this season, but along way to go to hold down a KPP.
Wight - Couldn't believe his size, he has put on lot of weight and is no longer the tall skinny kid. great potential.
Skipper - I thoght he was gone if you had have asked me mid year, but I still think he should be on the list.
Brad Johnston - Completely out of form the past four weeks
Darcy - He should have been dropped along time ago, maybe would havew helped us in the second half of the year.
Morris - great player, but not strong or tall enough to play as a KPP. Wasted playing on the Franklins, and other Power forwards.
Hargrave - Feels a bit lost, he is not sure whether he is back or forward.
Eagleton - not in good form, decision making strange.
Cooney - Since Essendon match, has not dominated at all, must learn to break the tag.

westdog54
27-08-2007, 02:06 PM
franklin kicked 2.11 - what a hack. Brian Harris did a good job today..even if franklin had 13 scoring shots, he filled the hole when we needed it.

cant say much for the rest of em..cept gilbee who pushed up the ground very well..

we have gone from a potential top 4 side, to a bottom 4 side..we are in the bottom 4 dammit! :(

What I don't get is how a bloke kicks 2 goals 11, and we still lose by 86 points.

Nothing short of pathetic.

Soft. Unaccountable. Lazy, Unacceptable.

We looked to be keeping pace in the first half, what the hell happened after half time.

I can handle losing. I can handle the fact that Hawthorn are a good side, at least a damn sight better than we are.

What I can't handle is a complete and utter capitulation like yesterday.

It wasn't good enough against Geelong or West Coast, and it certainly wasn't good enough yesterday.

A 106 point turnaround after quarter time. WTF???

DOG GOD
27-08-2007, 02:57 PM
if its our mids that are getting toweled up week in week out then that really needs to be addressed.

Im a HUGE fan of Morris playing midfield. He has pace, toughness and a willingness to throw his body on the ball. The same for Hahn. Both these guys need to go on a MAJOR fitness regime for next year. Get them in the weights room...really build up even more, and let them loose.

To me both are being wasted in the respective possies.

thoughts.

GVGjr
27-08-2007, 02:58 PM
We really did cop our share of beatings this year. The win/loss record actually hides the fact that we have been very insipid. Really the percentage is the best measure of where we are are as a team.

westdog54
27-08-2007, 03:35 PM
if its our mids that are getting toweled up week in week out then that really needs to be addressed.

Im a HUGE fan of Morris playing midfield. He has pace, toughness and a willingness to throw his body on the ball. The same for Hahn. Both these guys need to go on a MAJOR fitness regime for next year. Get them in the weights room...really build up even more, and let them loose.

thoughts.

I believe the only reason that Hahn plays forward is a perceived need for a bigger body down there. In reality its the midfield that needs the bulk and aggro at the moment.

As for Morris, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the midfield on the right opponent, but I don't believe he is necessarily 'wasted' in the backline.

bornadog
27-08-2007, 04:47 PM

thoughts.

Couldn't agree more and I have posted before that Morris should go to midfield. One thing I noticed yesterday, on the kick outs from the backline, Morris positioned himself several times in the pocket and we went the other way ignoring him and also, I believe the wrong way, as there were no options after that. Especially in the third quarter and then we ended up coughing up the ball with stupid handballs and decisions.

Twodogs
27-08-2007, 08:47 PM
One thing I noticed yesterday, on the kick outs from the backline, Morris positioned himself several times in the pocket and we went the other way ignoring him

It was really apparent, wasnt it? Even my dad noticed.