PDA

View Full Version : Round 17 Discussion

Greystache
15-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Big game tonight in Adelaide, if Essendon wins they'll maintain their place in the top 8, but if they lose and we win we'll go up to 8th place. Essendon's record interstate is terrible, but the Crows have been poor all season, and they're coming off the bye.

LostDoggy
15-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Adelaide for me. Tipped accordingly. Essendon shit on the road.

LostDoggy
15-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Adelaide for me. Tipped accordingly. Essendon shit on the road.

Same, went Adelaide by 2 goals

Sedat
15-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Crows doing the right thing by us so far. Hope they can keep it up.

LostDoggy
15-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Crows doing the right thing by us so far. Hope they can keep it up.

Hopefully Johncock's hip doesn't put him out of the game completely, was brilliant in the first quarter.

1eyedog
15-07-2011, 10:09 PM
They look good. You'd hope that a six goal buffer should be enough to keep the Bombers at bay.

comrade
15-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Don't you screw us over again Adelaide.

Greystache
15-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Get your arse moving Adelaide!!

Rocco Jones
15-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Terrible decision there by the ump but I am very happy with the resulting goal from Dangerfield.

Greystache
15-07-2011, 11:08 PM
FFS Adelaide!!

Sedat
15-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for nothing Cows

Rocco Jones
15-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow. If there was a 5th quarter Essendon would win by 15 goals.

comrade
15-07-2011, 11:16 PM
How lucky are Essendon? The Crows have missed multiple sitters and have lost 2 players, including Johncock who was dominating.

Greystache
15-07-2011, 11:17 PM
You useless @#&#@$%&#'s

Rocco Jones
15-07-2011, 11:19 PM
How lucky are Essendon? The Crows have missed multiple sitters and have lost 2 players, including Johncock who was dominating.

Credit where it's due, they win their close ones. We utterly crumble pretty much anytime a game is there to be won late. Really makes a massive difference.

Sedat
15-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I reckon the played the pants off Adelaide in the last 2 and a half qtrs, especially with their run and carry. Crows stopped as if they were shot - injuries didn't help but too much was left to too few.

comrade
15-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Credit where it's due, they win their close ones. We utterly crumble pretty much anytime a game is there to be won late. Really makes a massive difference.

They almost threw it away against Geelong and beat two scrubber teams after falling a fair way behind. If we play the same type of footy as the Carlton game, we should account for them. Their forward line was horrible in the first half.

comrade
15-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I reckon the played the pants off Adelaide in the last 2 and a half qtrs, especially with their run and carry. Crows stopped as if they were shot - injuries didn't help but too much was left to too few.

They dominated the second half which coincided with Adelaide losing Jaensch and Johncock. Adelaide should have stitched it up prior to half time with some simple misses. I hate Essendon but at least their downfall will be sweeter at the end of the year.

Remi Moses
16-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Kudos to the Brisbane Bombers( They might take legal action saying that)
Really the loss of Johncock was crucial,two less rotations were critical.
If we win our games we'll get there, simple!

aker39
16-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I was shattered last night watching that game. Crows really did screw us again.

But with a new day, becomes a new challenge. If the Swans can beat Freo, and we beat the Kangaroo, we'll be in the 8.

aker39
16-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm in a knockout comp where you can only tip each team as your certainty once.
I decided to bit the bullet and tip the Gold Coast as my certainy this week.
I very happy with my decision. The Tigers are back to their rabble best.

Also, the Suns are off the bottom of the ladder.

The Underdog
16-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm in a knockout comp where you can only tip each team as your certainty once.
I decided to bit the bullet and tip the Gold Coast as my certainy this week.
I very happy with my decision. The Tigers are back to their rabble best.

Also, the Suns are off the bottom of the ladder.

I'm buying a Tigers membership just to cut it in half:D

GVGjr
16-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I honestly thought the Tigers might make some progress this year. They must be shattered by the loss.

aker39
16-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm buying a Tigers membership just to cut it in half:D

If anyone is after some Saturday afternoon laughs, tune in to SEN.
They are not happy.

Remi Moses
16-07-2011, 05:28 PM
No there apparently microwaving them now.
Tired of cutting them up, one bloke was sending a Polly waffle to the club!
Lock yourselves in folks there's going to be some feral outrage out there.
Kudos to GC though 6 goals down and getting up.
Pies had it over Carlton, thought the Blues were better than last week.
How in blazes did Stkilda let Luke Ball go, he was outstanding

Rocco Jones
16-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Kudos to GC though 6 goals down and getting up.

Definitely did well but the breeze was a big advantage and reason why Richmond were up by so much after a quarter. What was it, two goals against the wind for the game.

Doc26
16-07-2011, 05:45 PM
What a fantastic first year from their young ruckman, Zac Smith. He really is shouldering a heavy load as their primary ruck option. Standout for mine for the Rising Star award.

Topdog
16-07-2011, 06:22 PM

We have won plenty of close ones against shit teams.

LostDoggy
16-07-2011, 06:26 PM
That was almost worth giving up Harbrow for!

Sedat
16-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Saints result is doubly shocking because it keeps St Kilda well and truly in the hunt (they have a soft as shite draw) and it also makes West Coast a likely 5th place finisher, meaning 8th place will be travelling to Subi. The chasing pack really needs WC to sneak into 4th.

Melbourne also looking likely to win in Darwin to keep the pressure on for a finals berth.

Rocco Jones
16-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Saints result is doubly shocking because it keeps St Kilda well and truly in the hunt (they have a soft as shite draw) and it also makes West Coast a likely 5th place finisher, meaning 8th place will be travelling to Subi. The chasing pack really needs WC to sneak into 4th.

Melbourne also looking likely to win in Darwin to keep the pressure on for a finals berth.

It's been frustrating viewing for who we want to win followers. I think par for the 8 has well and truly been raised by an extra win over the last couple of weeks. Thank god we won last week.

Remi Moses
16-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Choose your poison Perth or Sydney it seems.
Don't want to get all cliched but we keep on winning and the rest takes care of itself

Remi Moses
16-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Definitely did well but the breeze was a big advantage and reason why Richmond were up by so much after a quarter. What was it, two goals against the wind for the game.

Didn't see the game. Just heard the aftermath on SEN!:p
To say the natives were restless would be the understatement of the decade.

Rocco Jones
16-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Choose your poison Perth or Sydney it seems.
Don't want to get all cliched but we keep on winning and the rest takes care of itself

Would much rather Sydney than Perth. I definitely agree with your 2nd setence.

They are all huge games for us obviously now but for mine the game against the Swans is especially big for our 6th/home final chances and the game against Essendon for top 8 chances.

My tip is 12 wins including win against Swans= using finishing 6th
11 wins including win against Essendon= 7th/8th

If we lose against the Dons I think 12 wins will be needed to make finals.

Sedat
16-07-2011, 10:06 PM
It's been frustrating viewing for who we want to win followers. I think par for the 8 has well and truly been raised by an extra win over the last couple of weeks. Thank god we won last week.
The only solace is that positions 5th and 6th are starting to get within touching distance for the chasing pack - if Carlton continue their poor run of form, perhaps even 4th place might even open up for a team that hits a sustained run of wins on the trot. A lot can happen in 7 weeks.

1eyedog
16-07-2011, 10:29 PM
The only solace is that positions 5th and 6th are starting to get within touching distance for the chasing pack - if Carlton continue their poor run of form, perhaps even 4th place might even open up for a team that hits a sustained run of wins on the trot. A lot can happen in 7 weeks.

Indeed but you've got to think that the Eagles are safe with a number of home games. The Blues fought hard today and are much better at the G, even if the Pies had 10 more scoring shots.

Geez Port Adelaide are crap, absolutely turn over city. Half of Melbourne's score has come from turn overs.

Sedat
16-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Indeed but you've got to think that the Eagles are safe with a number of home games. The Blues fought hard today and are much better at the G, even if the Pies had 10 more scoring shots.
With regard to West Coke, it's a taxing game plan for a young team and 22 weeks is a long time to remain 'up' - they could yet hit a brick wall late in the season.

As for Carlton, they have no gimmee games for the rest of the season - they too could fall in a hole. Not saying they will but in their current form it is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that they end up with no more than 12.5 wins.

1eyedog
16-07-2011, 10:54 PM
With regard to West Coke, it's a taxing game plan for a young team and 22 weeks is a long time to remain 'up' - they could yet hit a brick wall late in the season.

As for Carlton, they have no gimmee games for the rest of the season - they too could fall in a hole. Not saying they will but in their current form it is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that they end up with no more than 12.5 wins.

:D

Let's hope they come down hard.

As for the Blues I agree and fingers are crossed.

Rocco Jones
16-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Eagles have 10 wins.

Subi games remaining are against Freo, Essendon, Richmond and Adelaide.

Away games- Dogs, Dees and Brisbane.

Pretty easy draw, even if they really fall away this season I think they will win at least 4 more.

Sedat
16-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Eagles have 10 wins.

Subi games remaining are against Freo, Essendon, Richmond and Adelaide.

Away games- Dogs, Dees and Brisbane.

Pretty easy draw, even if they really fall away this season I think they will win at least 4 more.
That is a soft run, didn't realise. They really should sew up a top 4 spot with that draw.

Bloody Port teasing us, have reduced the margin to 14 points with 9 minutes left to play. EDIT - and as crap teams tend to do, Port make a shocking turnover to gift Melbourne a steadying goal.

chef
17-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Geez, C'mon Swans. This is turning into a really crap round of football for us.

Rocco Jones
17-07-2011, 01:50 PM

I want the Swans to win but I really wouldn't mind if Freo win either. Swans win is great for our top 8 chances and a Freo win is great for our top 6 chances.

Maddog37
17-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Hopefully the results so far will make sure the players know they must win to stay in finals frame.

Greystache
17-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Well this round couldn't possibly have gone worse. :mad:

comrade
17-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Well this round couldn't possibly have gone worse. :mad:

You have to laugh. I blame the 'Who to root for' thread. :D

Greystache
17-07-2011, 11:58 PM
You have to laugh. I blame the 'Who to root for' thread. :D

Agreed, I've always said when all is lost blame the South Australian. ;)

1eyedog
18-07-2011, 08:24 AM

And then it got even worse

Remi Moses
18-07-2011, 02:04 PM
That ladder prediction had us finishing 7th in the Hun. Every result went against us in particular the one at about 7.20 last night!!

Sedat
18-07-2011, 03:03 PM
That ladder prediction had us finishing 7th in the Hun.
It has us playing St Kilda for the right to play the loser of Geelong and Hawthorn. Win that and either Collingwood or West Coke at Subi awaits in the PF. Very tough, anyway you look at it.

Pickenitup
18-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I think we are cooked for finals really i think 12 wins will be needed to get in