PDA

View Full Version : The stray nomad

BulldogBelle
17-07-2011, 11:10 AM
The Age
Emma Quayle
July 17, 2011

TOM Williams has a tiny black moustache tattooed on the inside of his index finger. When his teammates look across at him during meetings and he has his hand against his chin and his finger underneath his nose, caught in serious thought, it's the first thing they see. He helps organise the Western Bulldogs' post-season trips, but don't mention last year's troubled Hong Kong adventure. ''I'm not sure how we're supposed to spin that one,'' he smiled.

He likes going to his university classes to spend time around people who don't play football, even though it can make him feel old. ''They're all 17 and 18, but there's usually some random 30-year-old in there. That makes me feel a bit better,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-stray-nomad-20110716-1hj96.html#ixzz1SJg6VT7C

mjp
17-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Great article - thanks DB.

chef
17-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Nice article.

Desipura
17-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Very insightful, hope he plays a good one today.

anfo27
17-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Seems things are starting to fall into place for Tommy. Was impressed with his marking last week and his confidence seems to be at all time high. Wish the kid well as he deserves all the luck he can get.

LostDoggy
17-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Seems things are starting to fall into place for Tommy. Was impressed with his marking last week and his confidence seems to be at all time high. Wish the kid well as he deserves all the luck he can get.

The biggest plus against Carlton was his ability to cleanly jump for the ball , his contested marks a highlight , even his spoils were clean he did not give away a free kick and registered 10 1% percenters , the only downside is that he did,nt make a tackle if he had of made 3 or 4 I would have given him a 9 out of ten instead of 8

ledge
17-07-2011, 03:22 PM
A lot of opposing supporters have given me grief about Williams over the years, biggest satisfaction was they were Carlton supporters, My reply was look at Walker, think I am winning the arguement finally.

AndrewP6
17-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Really interesting article, I enjoy finding out a bit about the players as people. Thanks for posting.