PDA

View Full Version : What Changes round 22?

bornadog
27-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Last one for the year and thank god for that. I suppose the changes may depend on whether we are willing to give Robbins one more game. Could also be Grants last game as well.

aker39
27-08-2007, 01:26 PM
In: Grant, Robbins, Harbrow

Out: Take your pick

DOG GOD
27-08-2007, 02:05 PM
surely robbins HAS to play.

IN: Grant, Robbins
OUT: take ur pick

G-Mo77
27-08-2007, 04:46 PM
You would like to think Robbins would get a shot this week.

Grant also probably will be certain to come back.

McMahon, Harbrow and even Faulkner could be possible Ins this week.

Outs: Shouldn't be to hard to find up to 5 players to drop.

bornadog
27-08-2007, 04:51 PM
What I would do:

In: Grant, Robbins, Walsh, Harbrow, Faulkner, McMhaon

Out: Power, Eagleton, Gia, Wight, Tiller, Ray

aker39
27-08-2007, 05:01 PM
What I would do:

In: Grant, Robbins, Walsh, Harbrow, Faulkner, McMhaon

Out: Power, Eagleton, Gia, Wight, Tiller, Ray

Why play a player who will not be at the club next year.

So forget about Faulkner and leave Tiller in, the more game time he can get, the better.

G-Mo77
27-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Power has been pretty good up until yesterday were he was burnt by someone who was simply unstopable. I have no problem with your other 4 that should/will be dropped though

I think it is the right time to return Tiller back to the VFL. They haven't finished yet have they? If they have I'd keep him in the side.

G-Mo77
27-08-2007, 05:02 PM

So forget about Faulkner and leave Tiller in, the more game time he can get, the better.

Hopefully he can burn and get us a higher draft pick next season ;)

aker39
27-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Power has been pretty good up until yesterday were he was burnt by someone who was simply unstopable. I have no problem with your other 4 that should/will be dropped though

I think it is the right time to return Tiller back to the VFL. They haven't finished yet have they? If they have I'd keep him in the side.

Werribee seniors have finished, reserves are in the finals this week.

G-Mo77
27-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Well I'd leave Tiller in the side then, give him an extra game at AFL level, it can't hurt.

bornadog
27-08-2007, 06:06 PM

agree if that is the case

GVGjr
27-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Well I'd leave Tiller in the side then, give him an extra game at AFL level, it can't hurt.

He has probably played enough games in the reserves to qualify to play for them in the finals.

GVGjr
27-08-2007, 07:42 PM

I tend to agree. Why not give him another big assignment this week as well? At least it might answer some questions for Eade to the type of value he can offer next season.

LostDoggy
27-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I think they need to give Robbins & Grant (most likely) a farewell, even if this means take out Tiller who barely had a touch on the weekend, it would free up a space for one of them to play up forward. Maybe put Robbins up there, and drop Granty back..taking out any of the under-performing half backs like McDougall, that guy needs to go i think.

Big chances it wont happen but i wanna see them try moving Harris or Shaggy Hargrave up forward for a couple quarters..see if they can perform, and then try and use them up forward a bit more next year.

GVGjr
27-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm a bit surprised that you think McDougall should be dropped alexxx. I think he would be a good match-up for Petrie to really test his ability.

The Underdog
29-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm a bit surprised that you think McDougall should be dropped alexxx. I think he would be a good match-up for Petrie to really test his ability.

Certainly couldn't do worse than anyone who played on Petrie last time (not some of Tommy Williams best moments, but not solely to blame )

Looks as though Aker's done a hammy at training on Tuesday so I'd think Robbins will probably get a game. Should happen hopefully.

bornadog
30-08-2007, 06:50 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Harris, Dale Morris
HB: Sam Power, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Daniel Cross, Scott West, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa, Brad Johnson, Robert Murphy
F: Chris Grant, Andrew McDougall, Matthew Robbins
FOLL: Luke Darcy, Adam Cooney, Matthew Boyd
I/C (from): Cameron Faulkner, Jarrod Harbrow, Jordan McMahon, Farren Ray, Wayde Skipper, Stephen Tiller

In: Faulkner, Grant, Harbrow, McMahon, Robbins
Out: Akermanis (hamstring), Everitt (groin)

GVGjr
30-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Thats a surprise to see Faulkner in the squad. I wonder if they will play him or not?

Raw Toast
30-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I reckon they might play Faulkner in a half-back-flank kind of role.

I'd expect Grant will replace Tiller, which leaves Harbrow, McMahon and Faulkner all in line for one spot.

Bulldog Revolution
30-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Thats a surprise to see Faulkner in the squad. I wonder if they will play him or not?

It seems almost incredible - they couldn't list him in the squad and not play him could they?

southerncross
30-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I reckon they might play Faulkner in a half-back-flank kind of role.

I'd expect Grant will replace Tiller, which leaves Harbrow, McMahon and Faulkner all in line for one spot.

Robbo would have to come in wouldn't he?

GVGjr
30-08-2007, 07:37 PM
It seems almost incredible - they couldn't list him in the squad and not play him could they?

I'd actually be surprised if they did play him. He's been terrific for the Bees and hasn't gotten a run even when we have been thrashed. It's hard to work out why he is named now?
Is it a farewell game?
A last chance to see if he can make an impression?
or is he there just to make up the numbers?

westdog54
30-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd actually be surprised if they did play him. He's been terrific for the Bees and hasn't gotten a run even when we have been thrashed. It's hard to work out why he is named now?
Is it a farewell game?

I think the question we're all asking is "Why now"?

Would the match committee be cruel enough to name him in the extended squad with no intention whatsoever of playing him?

One thing is for certain. Everitt won't be a Rising Star nominee this year:p

Dry Rot
30-08-2007, 09:39 PM

Farewell game for him.

GVGjr
30-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Farewell game for him.

I don't think that should be an option for playing him but you never know.

Raw Toast
30-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Robbo would have to come in wouldn't he?

Yep - I've got him coming in for Akermanis, and if Grant comes in for Tiller, that leaves one of McMahon, Harbrow or Faulkner coming in for Everitt. I tend to think it'll be Faulkner but selections have been a bit strange this year.

GVGjr
30-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Yep - I've got him coming in for Akermanis, and if Grant comes in for Tiller, that leaves one of McMahon, Harbrow or Faulkner coming in for Everitt. I tend to think it'll be Faulkner but selections have been a bit strange this year.

I think McMahon might have his nose in front but I'd actually prefer Faulkner to have a run.

Selections have been very hard to follow this year.

Bulldog Revolution
31-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Is it a farewell game?

You wouldn't think it would be a farewell game, and you wouldn't think they would name him to just make up the numbers either.

I think it may well be the proverbial last chance

Mantis
31-08-2007, 10:20 AM
I think it may well be the proverbial last chance

You can't give a guy one game to make an impression. At the very least he should have been given 3 or 4 games in succession to save his butt, like Skipper has had. Faulkner's fate was decided along time ago.

The Underdog
31-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd be surprised if Faulkner plays, after all being named on the extended bench is basically the same as an emergency, which he most likely will be come tonight. Am a bit concerned that while Faulkner seems to be about our best performed player at Werribee this year (GVG can correct me if I'm wrong), that good form hasn't been rewarded. Even the one game he did get, he hardly got any time on the ground. I can understand that he's not a favourite of the coaching staff, but you wonder about the message it sends to the rest of the team.

Go_Dogs
31-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I thought a decision had already been made on Cam, but perhaps he's getting another chance to impress and show that he's working towards getting a game more often next season. Interesting one, somehow I don't think he'll play.

Sockeye Salmon
31-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Robbo said at the selectors table last night that he'll be playing.

He also said he told Rocket he was going to retire after the Sydney game.

bornadog
01-09-2007, 01:01 AM
The Bulldogs have made four changes - Chris Grant, Jarrod Harbrow, Jordan McMahon and, for his last game, Matthew Robbins are the inclusions for injured pair Jason Akermanis and Andrejs Everitt and Stephen Tiller and Farren Ray.