PDA

View Full Version : Dale Morris - 150 Games

azabob
18-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I think Im correct in saying congrats to Dale Morris 150 games this weekend V Sydney.

Dale Morris once again is having a very good season, especially considering he hasn't had the support down back he has had in past seasons.

Without Dale in our team Im almost certain we would not have made the last 3 prelim finals. He is a star of the competition and you always know what you are going to get from Dale week in and week out.

The only regret I have is we didn't draft him earlier.

Congrats Dale Morris and good luck for this weekend and the remainder of the season.

Pickenitup
18-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Congrats Moz one of my favorite players you always know what your going to get from him.

LostDoggy
18-07-2011, 10:13 PM
If they picked the Team Of The Century now he would be on the back flank . Great player never beaten

choconmientay
19-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Congratulations to Dale. One of my favorite player. Love his hardness and commitment. Hope the boys are standing up this weekend and play a massive game for him.

ratsmac
19-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Congrats Dale. All class, pure professional, love watching you play.

LostDoggy
19-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Well done Dale - great effort.

Maddog37
19-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Love this bloke. An absolute champ in my eyes. I have lost count of the number of games where we were having a bad day as a team but Dale would save our bacon on the last line over and over again.

A shame other team supporters don't really appreciate his abilities.

Curly5
19-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Love this bloke. An absolute champ in my eyes. I have lost count of the number of games where we were having a bad day as a team but Dale would save our bacon on the last line over and over again.

A shame other team supporters don't really appreciate his abilities.

I don't care what any other club's fans think - they've got the bad taste to barrack for other teams! :D I'll bet their clubs take Dale pretty seriously though.

Congratulations, Dale, you are fantastic.

LostDoggy
19-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Love this bloke :D

Congrats on the milestone Dale.

Doc26
19-07-2011, 04:53 PM
A true champ of the Club. No fuss, just gets the hardest of jobs done. With Dale you know he's left his all out there in the field of battle. Sits at the opposing end of the 'Eker' spectrum.

the banker
19-07-2011, 05:06 PM
A champ. Easy for fans to love.

Can we clone him please> Get some of his DNA into some of the others thet get discussed on this site. Many with talent but few with the courage and attitude of Dale Morris.

Congratulations Dale, hope the next 50+ bring you and the Club success.

LostDoggy
19-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Already? Wow, well done Dale. Playing against St Kilda and Nick Diver on one foot just describes you perfectly!

AndrewP6
19-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Congrats on a great milestone, a real rock in our backline.

Dry Rot
20-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Didn't he play finals one year with some sort of a broken back and the next year with some sort of break in his leg? And play well?

comrade
20-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Didn't he play finals one year with some sort of a broken back and the next year with some sort of break in his leg? And play well?

Last year he had a crack in a vertebrae. In 2009, he went head to head with Riewoldt with a broken leg. He would have made an inspiring captain.

My favourite player on our list.

chef
20-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Last year he had a crack in a vertebrae. In 2009, he went head to head with Riewoldt with a broken leg.

He would have made an inspiring captain.

This and this.

Well done Dale.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Love the Glove

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Congrats to the Glove - a true champion of our team. Leads by example, and quietly just gets on with the job at hand! Hope the boys can pull a great win out of the hat for you Dale - you deserve all the accolades you get!

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Absolute superstar bulldog and super consistent. Can beat any player in the league. Where would we be without him?

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Go Dale!

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Last year he had a crack in a vertebrae. In 2009, he went head to head with Riewoldt with a broken leg. He would have made an inspiring captain.

This x three.

The fact that he's also the leader in the backline in terms of organisation speaks highly of his ability to balance individual performance and team structure. An incredibly smart player who has been able to maximise his performance within the bounds of his physical limitations.

Would have been our equivalent of Tom Harley, in essence.

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 11:35 AM
It's a joke that this guy isn't a regular in the All Australian side.
Fearless, strong, doesn't whinge ever. Probably the most underrated player in the league. Easly the most underrated defender in the league.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-07-2011, 01:22 PM
One of the best defenders I have ever seen.

Pleasure to watch, one of my favourite players. Rarely makes mistakes, rarely gets beaten, always gives 110%. It's a real credit to him.

An inspirational leader in the way he goes about it. Would have loved him as captain.

Daughter of the West
20-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Congrats to the Glove - a true champion of our team. Leads by example, and quietly just gets on with the job at hand! Hope the boys can pull a great win out of the hat for you Dale - you deserve all the accolades you get!

Love your work MG! :D

Congratulations Dale on 150 games, top effort!

w3design
20-07-2011, 07:24 PM

My sentiments exactly, congrats Dale! Seems like a really decent person as well.

always right
20-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Perhaps the only player you don't ever think about. You just know what you are going to get every week. Quality player......and a quality person. Do we take him for granted?

azabob
20-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Perhaps the only player you don't ever think about. You just know what you are going to get every week. Quality player......and a quality person. Do we take him for granted?

Yes, I think we do. He has been brilliant this year without the support from Lake and Hargrave.

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Fantastic player, and I often forget how much we rely on him to really do a huge part of the defensive work. Congrats Morris, we'd be effed without you :)

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Fantastic player, and I often forget how much we rely on him to really do a huge part of the defensive work. Congrats Morris, we'd be effed without you :)

I think this showed late last year when he got injured. Crippled the backline.

Sedat
20-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Over the course of 150 games, I reckon he's been flat-out beaten in less than 10 of them. Just a sensational one-on-one defender.

Bulldog Revolution
21-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Super player - a man of outstanding character

Has held the backline together this year in difficult circumstances

Ghost Dog
21-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Well said Comrade.
He gives it all. I love watching him play. If I had one phrase to describe Dale it would be
"switched on"
he's one player who never seems to have a really bad game
Never seems to have a cloud over his decision making ability or commitment
Never seems to do anything silly off the field.
Is hard nosed and loves to give the opposition fowards a sledge.

If we had just two or three more like him, if only.