PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Murphy

Sockeye Salmon
28-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I watched the first half of West Perth v South Fremantle on ABC2 last night.

Ryan Murphy got 1 possesion (a perfect pass to him on the lead) and he missed from about 25m out right in front.

Freo supporters want to trade him for Farren Ray - not on that performance.

Adam Campbell was better for West Perth but he looks unco to me.

Go_Dogs
28-08-2007, 12:29 PM
We won't be trading Ray I shouldn't think anyway. The only reason his name comes up so much is because he's from WA and people tend to forget that he was pretty bottom aged when we first got him. Because he was from the same draft as Cooney everyone wants him to be further developed already, where as he's actually closer in age to Griff than Adam, and is less football experienced than most we have drafted at any time. This year he's become an important part of our side, prior to this season I had my doubts on him, but he's moved up in my eyes definitely. Part of our future for sure.

Ryan Murphy interested me a bit last year, but his year this year has by all reports been quite ordinary. Not sure he's our answer. But if he's cheap enough, we could well have a look.

GVGjr
28-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I watched a bit of it this morning and thought the same thing. SS did you see Palmer the other week?

DOG GOD
28-08-2007, 01:22 PM
ryan murphy would offer us NOTHING!! god i hope we dont go down that track.

Id rather get kepler bradley for our 3rd pick and thats saying something. ;)

Sockeye Salmon
28-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I watched a bit of it this morning and thought the same thing. SS did you see Palmer the other week?

No, I missed him. BOG again this week (5 goals to boot!). I was hoping East Freo were going to be on last night.

Anyone know who's on tonight?

mjp
28-08-2007, 02:50 PM
No, I missed him. BOG again this week (5 goals to boot!). I was hoping East Freo were going to be on last night.

Wash your mouth out with soap!

GVGjr
28-08-2007, 02:52 PM

Do you think Palmer would add much value to our team?
(yes I know you want a KPP :) )

Sockeye Salmon
28-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Do you think Palmer would add much value to our team?
(yes I know you want a KPP :) )

I think Palmer would add value to any team.

One (or two or three) of Cotchin/Palmer/Morton/Masten/Ebert will be available at our pick. How good are Henderson and McEvoy? A little bit behind or a lot?

As much as I want a key forward, common sense has to prevail. We know Clayton has big goolies and is prepared to take guys other don't rate as highly (Everitt and Higgins for starters) but would he pass up an almost guaranteed good player for the bigger risk/reward that would come with Henderson or McEvoy?

Sockeye Salmon
28-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap!

South were lucky to get up. The game should have been over at 1/4 time.

GVGjr
28-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I actually think McEvoy is right up in the pecking order and Henderson just a step behind them. Would Clayton draft a ruckman like McEvoy though? I get the impression that both he and Eade would be reluctant to use an early pick on a ruckman.

Ebert would have to be highly regarded as someone who could play some senior football in his first season. Palmer and Masten are ready made players although they might not have the scope for improvement as some of the others.

A mate of mine from the West really rates Myers just behing Morton as the best player from WA.

Go_Dogs
28-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Ebert has been playing SANFL most of the year, so has shown that he could handle playing against men.

LostDoggy
28-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Ebert would have to be highly regarded as someone who could play some senior football in his first season.
I know very little about the young draftees but if Ebert is as good and has guns the one at Port has, I'll take him.

Dry Rot
28-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I think Palmer would add value to any team.

One (or two or three) of Cotchin/Palmer/Morton/Masten/Ebert will be available at our pick.

Are they mids or KPPs?

Sockeye Salmon
28-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Are they mids or KPPs?

All mids. Morton is 192cm but plays like a mid.

Dry Rot
28-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Thanks.

Pity.

bornadog
28-08-2007, 06:34 PM

I will take that.

mjp
29-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I actually think McEvoy is right up in the pecking order and Henderson just a step behind them. Would Clayton draft a ruckman like McEvoy though? I get the impression that both he and Eade would be reluctant to use an early pick on a ruckman.

Ebert would have to be highly regarded as someone who could play some senior football in his first season. Palmer and Masten are ready made players although they might not have the scope for improvement as some of the others.

A mate of mine from the West really rates Myers just behing Morton as the best player from WA.

Interesting comment on McEvoy. I think he is probably a ruckman as well, but the reality of his situation (this year) is that he has basically not played in the ruck - he has played as a key forward and Murray ruck Simpson (207cm) and Grant (204cm). To be truthful, as a ruckman he has turned into a bit of a 'kick behind the play, play from behind' slacker - as a key forward he is leading and presenting well.

I am beginning to think that the best two talls who are being called ruckman in this draft (Kreuzer and McEvoy) might actually be key forwards...I am convinced if it with regards to Kreuzer. Ask me about McEvoy on Monday.