PDA

View Full Version : Dogs v port 2006..on foxtel

w3design
19-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I just flicked round on a boring rainy night and saw this match (played in Darwin) is on. Can't even remember if we won but what is stunning is the degree of turnover in 5 short years. Of our current 'regulars', the guys running round for us are:
brian ( of the Harris variety).
Dale morris ( his first year??).
Gilbee.
Cross.
Boyd (wearing 42 and uncannily like its current wearer)
Cooney.
Minson
Hargrave.
Griffen.

Sobering to realize that even of this group, a few are close to the end. Gee time passes quick in footy..

AndrewP6
19-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I just flicked round on a boring rainy night and saw this match (played in Darwin) is on. Can't even remember if we won but what is stunning is the degree of turnover in 5 short years. Of our current 'regulars', the guys running round for us are:
brian ( of the Harris variety).
Dale morris ( his first year??).
Gilbee.
Cross.
Boyd (wearing 42 and uncannily like its current wearer)
Cooney.
Minson
Hargrave.
Griffen.

Sobering to realize that even of this group, a few are close to the end. Gee time passes quick in footy..

2nd year, Moz started in '05. Fun watching these older games, and the change (often physical) in players.

VERY FUNNY that as I typed this, the commentator said "McMahon, oh that's a wasted kick".:D Some things change, some stay the same!

Greystache
19-07-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd just got back from London when we played this game, I hadn't seen a game for 3 years. From memory we lost.

AndrewP6
19-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Haha.. ball going down the wing, and Coons walking through the middle. Just out for a Sunday stroll.

w3design
19-07-2011, 11:07 PM
And then there are the great white hopes that never quite live up to expectation. Shane Birrs. Sam Power ( just saw one of those loopy hospital handballs from him). Kieran mcguiness!!!!! Cam wight..at one point he looked like a very raw potential superstar..in between looking like what he actually ended up. Farren ray.

Murph, Gia and Hahn not playing..was this the year murph and Hahn did their knees? It really is a strange time warp and yet not that long ago !

AndrewP6
19-07-2011, 11:11 PM
And then there are the great white hopes that never quite live up to expectation. Shane Birrs. Sam Power ( just saw one of those loopy hospital handballs from him). Kieran mcguiness!!!!! Cam wight..at one point he looked like a very raw potential superstar..in between looking like what he actually ended up. Farren ray.

Murph, Gia and Hahn not playing..was this the year murph and Hahn did their knees? It really is a strange time warp and yet not that long ago !

True, I was kinda surprised thinking about Moz, it seems he's been around forever!

Briza looks a bit tubby. I just saw #29, and nearly said "WOODY!". But, no. :)

w3design
19-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Coons still has a bit of puppy fat too

Remi Moses
20-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Terrible loss that one . Beat the all conquering Crows the next week if I recall.

The Pie Man
20-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Terrible loss that one . Beat the all conquering Crows the next week if I recall.

Now THAT was a great game. Forward line of Robbins & Power (yes, Sam Power - when Murph did his knee, I felt his stint in the forward line was his best for the club) getting it done. McMahon goal on the run from 50 at the Punt Rd end bouncing in the goal square and over the pack to bounce in. Robbins big wrestling one hander at the same end. Addison showing toe off the half back flank.

Good day

Sedat
20-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Sam Power ( just saw one of those loopy hospital handballs from him)
If only the goal posts were located on the wings, Sam Power would have been the most devastating player in the modern era.