PDA

View Full Version : Dahlhaus Elevated to Senior List

Doc26
20-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Media reporting Luke Dahlhaus's re-elevation to the senior list.

Brodie Moles's season is over as he attends to his injured shoulder.

Congrats to Dahl. and all the best to Brodie in his rehabilitation.

LostDoggy
20-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I never actually got the full details of Brodie's injury , back luck for him , all the best on his recovery

As for the little bloke its well deserved , 83 possessions so far with 44 of them contested , disposal efficiency of only 69% but only 9 clangers , 10 clearances , 22 inside 50,s , only given away 3 free kicks , 22 tackles , 7 goal assists , 6 goals 3

Go the Grominator !

Mantis
20-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Confirmed here:

Bulldogs promote Luke Dahlhaus to list (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-promote-luke-dahlhaus-to-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226098563904)

FrediKanoute
21-07-2011, 03:35 AM
Great news.

On the flip side, you have to worry about Moles and where he goes from here.

Chicago1
21-07-2011, 05:05 AM
As a teacher I wasn't supposed to have favourites, but I guess it's OK as a Bulldogs supporter, right? Young Luke is next in line... :p

chef
21-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Great news, there was no way they would let him go back onto the rookie list.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Great news indeed (sad about Brodie tho - best wishes to him for his recovery!). Congratulations to the Grommet!

Mofra
21-07-2011, 10:41 AM
The best in the AFL for "pressure acts" since he's been in the side.

Pace and defensive pressure in the F50 - he's given us exactly what we needed.

bornadog
21-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Great news.

On the flip side, you have to worry about Moles and where he goes from here.

I am not convinced on Moles whether he will ever make it.

Luke is just a sensation. Can't remember any other first year player to come in and make an impact on the forward line like Dahlhaus in the past 10 odd years.

stefoid
21-07-2011, 11:10 AM
I think Moles is a better depth midfield option than Djekurra, but due to contracts and so on, DJ will be the one to stick around longer.

The Underdog
21-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Luke is just a sensation. Can't remember any other first year player to come in and make an impact on the forward line like Dahlhaus in the past 10 odd years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moles is out at the end of this year (from memory his contract is up then). He hasn't done much to distinguish himself and is not in our best 22. Unless I'm wrong and he's got a contract for next year in which case he'll be there.
Wouldn't actually be a bad pick-up for GWS for a couple of years in a Danny Stanley mould.

Oh and good stuff re: grommet. He's been the biggest bright spot on the year, now to work on his kicking penetration

The Coon Dog
21-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh and good stuff re: grommet. He's been the biggest bright spot on the year, now to work on his kicking penetration

mjp - How can this be achieved? To the uneducated like myself I think if he builds up strength in his body, greater penetration will come, but is this correct?

The Underdog
21-07-2011, 12:55 PM
mjp - How can this be achieved? To the uneducated like myself I think if he builds up strength in his body, greater penetration will come, but is this correct?

I'm not even sure to what extent it can be done but it's the one obvious shortcoming in his game (for the role he plays). Still, Gia hasn't got great penetration but is extremely valuable with his ability to pinpoint a player on the lead

Maddog37
21-07-2011, 01:07 PM

He kicks with a bent leg alot. He can work on that aspect but under pressure he will always be a bit dinky imo. His disposal will improve as he fully adjusts to the games pace.

His handballing is beautiful though. Hope he can move to midfield in the future. Speed, skill and vision rather than pure grunt work would be a nice addition to the rotations.

Mofra
21-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not even sure to what extent it can be done but it's the one obvious shortcoming in his game (for the role he plays). Still, Gia hasn't got great penetration but is extremely valuable with his ability to pinpoint a player on the lead
Gia's kicking was very short early in his career, it's only the past couple of seasons he's been able to get some real penetration (noticeably on set shots).

Not sure it's pure strength/power either - seeing Howard kick the ball 827m as a skinny draftee suggests that technique is more important.

Desipura
21-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Harbrow?

bornadog
21-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Harbrow?

Made his name as a backman. I thought he struggled in the forward line

Twodogs
21-07-2011, 03:32 PM
He kicks with a bent leg alot. He can work on that aspect but under pressure he will always be a bit dinky imo. His disposal will improve as he fully adjusts to the games pace.

It might be because the situations he finds himself in when he gets the ball but I'd like to see him straigten up and get a bit of balance as well. He tends to lean back a bit while he is kicking it IMO.

Desipura
21-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Made his name as a backman. I thought he struggled in the forward line

Well he was obviously playing well enough as a forward initially to be promoted in his first year.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Well done to Luke. Good move by the club.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Should never have been a Rookie

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Disagree. It appears to have been the making of him.

stefoid
22-07-2011, 10:51 AM

You wouldnt blink if told he was taken with a late first round pick. As my wife and her friends would say "bar - zgee - ahn"

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Disagree. It appears to have been the making of him.
Being short was the only reason he was a Rookie.

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 02:01 PM

That's my excuse for not getting drafted too.

immortalmike
22-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Apparently, I read somewhere that there were question marks on his disposal. And to be honest he does not kick the ball with much penetration and his handballs often miss their mark or get smothered. But hopefully these things can be worked on and to my mind there is a huge amount of potential superstar in Luke Dahlhaus.