PDA

View Full Version : Jason laycock

LostDoggy
28-08-2007, 05:40 PM
what do you think if we went after jason laycock during the trade period, a 200 odd cm ruckman who is good above the head and some think that he could also develop into a key forward. he is also great in the middle at the clearances which is where we ahve been trounced this year. anyone know if he is contracted at essendon and if so for how long?

DOG GOD
28-08-2007, 05:48 PM
essendon would rather trade hille than laycock, and knowing them they would want the earth for him anyway...like our 1st pick.

so no.

southerncross
28-08-2007, 06:46 PM
what do you think if we went after jason laycock during the trade period, a 200 odd cm ruckman who is good above the head and some think that he could also develop into a key forward. he is also great in the middle at the clearances which is where we ahve been trounced this year. anyone know if he is contracted at essendon and if so for how long?

He's a decent player but might not the answer to either or forward or ruck problems. He was a 1st round draft pick so they would want something decent for him. How do you plan to get him?

LostDoggy
28-08-2007, 06:50 PM
i reckon he could definetly be the answer to our ruck poblems maybe not so much our forward problems

LostDoggy
29-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Rather Laycock than Hille.

westdog54
29-08-2007, 10:26 PM

As much as I wouldn't mind Hille, Laycock seems to have more development left in him. Not sure if Hille has another step he can take.

bornadog
29-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Agree, I don't rate Hille, marginally better than your mate Street.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Laycock strikes me as one of those players will forever 'tease' with passages of brillant play, but disappoint with patches of crap.

His best is very, very good. His worst is absolute rubbish. He doesn't seem to have too much in-between either. If he can find consistency and play well, he'll certainly be a good player.

The Dons won't trade him, though. He could be 'anything', almost in the vein of Brennan whereby he really is un-predictable.

Frustrating for supporters in any case.

W W Biscuit
30-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I've always thought Laycock to be a fair player, yet quite slow and lumbering. I don't think he has the tank to be a consistent around the ground ruckman.

southerncross
30-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I've always thought Laycock to be a fair player, yet quite slow and lumbering. I don't think he has the tank to be a consistent around the ground ruckman.

You have probably summed him up well.

n8v
06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Big Smooth wouldnt wanna leave essendon for the dogs

I played football with smooth at East Devonport in the NTFL in Tassie he came back a few times and said that he wants to be a Bomber as he supported them as a kid,

we need to trade for lauren Jackson everything she touches wins eventually

bulldogtragic
07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Big Smooth wouldnt wanna leave essendon for the dogs

I played football with smooth at East Devonport in the NTFL in Tassie he came back a few times and said that he wants to be a Bomber as he supported them as a kid,

we need to trade for lauren Jackson everything she touches wins eventually
Would be a better ruck option than we have at the moment.