F: Daniel Hannebery, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Josh P. Kennedy
Foll: Shane Mumford, Adam Goodes, Jude Bolton
I/C: Nick Malceski, Ben McGlynn, Lewis Jetta, Luke Parker
Emg: Paul Bevan, Jesse White, Trent Dennis-Lane

In: Jude Bolton
Out: Jesse White

Remi Moses
21-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Must expect it be tough and tight with those ins.

bornadog
21-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Don't like DJ in. I would have given Vez a go against his old club. I guess DJ will be the sub.

the banker
21-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Wet weather selections. Touch player Hill out for grit of Addison. Expect DJ to be sub?

Dry Rot
21-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Wet weather selections.

Yep, if this torrential rain continues, the SCG will be a quagmire.

Maddog37
21-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Giggety.

mjp
21-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Wet weather selections. Touch player Hill out for grit of Addison. Expect DJ to be sub?

Don't you mean touch player Reid out for the...oh?

I get why Hill was out, but if you come on as the sub and spend time basically at full forward, then what kind of impact could you really have had? I mean, North were dominating possession. I get the Reid out as well, but in exchanging him for (take your pick out of) Addison/DJ then are we really gaining much of anything at all?

bornadog
21-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Don't you mean touch player Reid out for the...oh?

I get why Hill was out, but if you come on as the sub and spend time basically at full forward, then what kind of impact could you really have had? I mean, North were dominating possession. I get the Reid out as well, but in exchanging him for (take your pick out of) Addison/DJ then are we really gaining much of anything at all?

I am not happy to see Addison and DJ in. I would rather Tutt be given a run and Howard

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Can both DJ and Hooper play a similar role in the forwardline?

aker39
21-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Why is Grant in the team then.

He has given us nothing

G-Mo77
21-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Can both DJ and Hooper play a similar role in the forwardline?

No insider knowledge here just pure speculation. Hooper will start DJ will sub him.

I would have predicted Gilbee to start as sub but with Bob out I think he'll be needed a little more.

kruder
21-07-2011, 07:49 PM
No Tutt? GWS?

Maddog37
21-07-2011, 08:12 PM
No Tutt? GWS?

Take Tutt and leave Ward? Where do we sign?

Dry Rot
21-07-2011, 09:22 PM

Just heard it's wettest July in 59 years in Sydney.

Have we played in the wet this year?

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Don't know what they see in Djerrkura, clearly not up to AFL standard.

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Wet track at Sydney surely Will should be in

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 10:53 PM
How long will Murph be out for does anyone know?

the banker
22-07-2011, 07:55 AM

He has given us nothing

I would have had Grant out - wet weather or not.

BulldogBelle
22-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Hudson is due for a rest, and I think that might need to come against West Coast....he just doesnt do very well against the agile ruckmen like Nic Nat and Cox

Against a lumbering heavy ruckman like Mumford and on a wet smaller ground I will back him

Potentially Vez should have been given a run in place of Grant against his old side, he would know where to lead and would be doublably motivated

Actually like that Schofield and Addison are coming in, gives us some grit on the wet smaller ground

Would have also prefered Howard came into the side, with Murphy gone we will rely on Gilbee and Higgins to deliver the ball with quality out of the backline - Howard could have helped there, and Addision could have played the defensive forward role.

Mofra
22-07-2011, 10:45 AM

He has given us nothing
He's going to take over from Barry Hall next year apparently

Mantis
22-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Would have also prefered Howard came into the side, with Murphy gone we will rely on Gilbee and Higgins to deliver the ball with quality out of the backline - Howard could have helped there, and Addision could have played the defensive forward role.

Playing both Howard & Gilbee would give us 2 HBF'ers who struggle to defend... No thanks.

1eyedog
22-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Disappointed that Reid has been ommitted as I thought the conditions would really suit him. He played magnificiently in the wet over at Adelaide a few years back so is no stranger to the conditions. I will be surprised if DJ gets a kick to be honest. They have a good side and I think we'll really struggle.

Mantis
22-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Have we played in the wet this year?

It was wet against Collingwood earlier in the year and we handled it ok until Collingwood hit the gas pedal.

After Sydney's latest loss to Adelaide in the wet there were a number of callers on Melb radio questioning Sydney's ability to win in adverse conditions... I guess we all assume that Sydney's contested style would give them an advantage on a heavy track, but apparentely not.

bornadog
22-07-2011, 12:15 PM
It was wet against Collingwood earlier in the year and we handled it ok until Collingwood hit the gas pedal.

After Sydney's latest loss to Adelaide in the wet there were a number of callers on Melb radio questioning Sydney's ability to win in adverse conditions... I guess we all assume that Sydney's contested style would give them an advantage on a heavy track, but apparentely not.

Sydney have lost 4 matches in the wet this year, including 3 at the SCG

Dry Rot
22-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Sydney have lost 4 matches in the wet this year, including 3 at the SCG

Thanks. I wonder if their short chipping around game comes unstuck as marks are dropped, kicks fall short etc.

FWIW It's still bucketing down - if it's like this on Saturday the best tactic might be to just get field position and see what happens.

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Picking DJ does not surprise with the fact he has a three year contract. Makes sense to keep putting him in until there is no option but to de-list him.

G-Mo77
22-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Picking DJ does not surprise with the fact he has a three year contract. Makes sense to keep putting him in until there is no option but to de-list him.

Or that he actually improves at AFL level and we have no option to pick him every week. :)

giaco
22-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Stack, DJ and Hill seem to be in a revolving door of selection. Not sure any of them are good enough, but it can't be good for their confidence to be in, out, sub, in etc from week to week.

Ozza
22-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Disappointed that Reid has been ommitted as I thought the conditions would really suit him. He played magnificiently in the wet over at Adelaide a few years back so is no stranger to the conditions. I will be surprised if DJ gets a kick to be honest. They have a good side and I think we'll really struggle.

My memory of him in that game must be different to yours. It was 3 years ago, it was his first game - and he fumbled everything - and had no impact.

Ozza
22-07-2011, 04:56 PM

Do Sydney really still play that contested style though? From what I've seen of them in the last couple of seasons - they actually seem to rely on pace and skill for the most part - and the burden falls heavily on Jude Bolton to provide the grunt that previous Sydney teams were famous for. Shame Jude is back in this week.

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 06:02 PM
FWIW It's still bucketing down - if it's like this on Saturday the best tactic might be to just get field position and see what happens.

Nice work DR, lucky we have a man on the ground to let us know the conditions, when I first saw the changes I was mystified but your info puts it into perspective.

1eyedog
22-07-2011, 06:09 PM
My memory of him in that game must be different to yours. It was 3 years ago, it was his first game - and he fumbled everything - and had no impact.

Yep it seems like it's different then. There is nothing wrong with 12 disposals, 5 marks and 5 tackles in your first game, especially in the wet. I would say he had some impact.

The critical aspect of his first game was that for a 19 year old he was tough, did not go to ground and gained important meterage.

Everyone fumbled in that one as you would expect when conditions are that poor.

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 06:48 PM
As it's wet we want closer to the ground in and under types, I would have thought. Addison and possibly DJ are more capable of playing this role than not.

Dry Rot
23-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Nice work DR, lucky we have a man on the ground to let us know the conditions, when I first saw the changes I was mystified but your info puts it into perspective.

Still some heavy rain tonight, but there are clear patches.

I'm going with two mercenary Visigoths (Sainters) from Canberra. They are rooting for us, and Big Baz.

Could be a big day.

divvydan
23-07-2011, 02:25 PM
LATE CHANGES
Sydney Swans: Nil
Western Bulldogs: Jayden Schofield (illness) replaced in selected side by Tom Liberatore
FINAL INTERCHANGES
Sydney Swans: Josh Kennedy, Tadhg Kennelly, Lewis Jetta
Substitute: Nick Malceski
Western Bulldogs: Lindsay Gilbee, Nathan Djerrkura, Andrew Hooper
Substitute: Tom Liberatore

LostDoggy
23-07-2011, 02:46 PM
any1 got a stream? :D