PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs face selection crisis with eight players in doubt with injury

The Coon Dog
25-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Mark Stevens - Herald Sun - 25 July

THE Western Bulldogs are facing a selection crisis ahead of Saturday's clash with West Coast, with as many as eight players in doubt with injury.

Midfielder Adam Cooney, hobbled by on-going soreness in his right knee, heads the list of likely casualties.

Other potential losses for the Dogs are Shaun Higgins (knee), Dale Morris (groin), Daniel Cross (concussion/lip), Lindsay Gilbee (calf), Liam Jones (knee), Nathan Djerrkura (achilles) and Liam Picken (thigh).

The physical battle in the wet at the SCG against Sydney on Sunday took a heavy toll on the Dogs.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-face-selection-crisis-with-eight-players-in-doubt-with-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226101634129)

chef
26-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Bring on the kids.

Murphy'sLore
26-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Play the Willy team!

LostDoggy
26-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Obviously, we don't have much choice but to bring the kids in - great experience for them, but I hope it doesn't get ugly......

BulldogBelle
26-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Could we elevate Mitch Hahn from the rookie list?

No better time that this week

;-)

AndrewP6
26-07-2011, 07:56 PM
If the Hun reports are accurate, this not only could but will get ugly.

bornadog
26-07-2011, 07:58 PM

;-)

Now that Lake is out for the season, yes.

LostDoggy
26-07-2011, 08:21 PM
What about Panos?

Rocco Jones
26-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I said it in another thread but once a team has a couple of injuries, the media (especially sensationalists like the Hun) exagerate any other slightly sore spot.

immortalmike
26-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I said it in another thread but once a team has a couple of injuries, the media (especially sensationalists like the Hun) exagerate any other slightly sore spot.

Yeah but this is Mark Stevens. He seems less likely to sensationalize and normally gets good mail from the club.

Ghost Dog
26-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Play the Willy team!

Fly the yellow and blue! :D

Sockeye Salmon
26-07-2011, 10:05 PM

;-)

No. A player can't be placed on the LTIL after round 18

Jeanette54
27-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Were we to write off the year as done and dusted then this could be a great opportunity for the future. Then all the injuries would have done is bring that forward a week.

We could give some game time to those who need the experience. Mitch Wallis, Jordan Roughead and perhaps Ayce Cordy. Also some game time for those who might be borderline for renewal next year, and without naming names I am sure those players would know who they are.

Sadly all this may have an adverse effect on Williamstown and I have never been to sure as to how that consideration is weighed in the scheme of things. They have done so well it would be a shame to upset the applecart now.

If things were settled re the coaches position for next year, then this would all be that much easier to arrange. But I would say that Rodney would benefit enormously from wins at this time, as would membership renewals if we could still make the finals.

Oh, how to balance the conflicting needs?