B: Easton Wood, Tom L. Williams, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Dale Morris, James Mulligan, Robert Murphy
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Ed Barlow, Liam Jones, Luke Dahlhaus
F: Justin Sherman, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Callan Ward
I/C: Brennan Stack, Jordan Roughead, Andrew Hooper, Thomas Liberatore
Emg: Lukas Markovic, Mitchell Wallis, Jayden Schofield

In: Ryan Hargrave, Robert Murphy, Brennan Stack, James Mulligan, Jordan Roughead, Justin Sherman, Ed Barlow
Out: Dylan Addison, Adam Cooney (Knee), Lindsay Gilbee, Shaun Higgins (Knee), Jarrad Grant, Lukas Markovic, Nathan Djerrkura (Achilles)

West Coast Eagles

B: Shannon Hurn, Darren Glass, Will Schofield
HB: Beau Waters, Eric Mackenzie, Scott Selwood
C: Matthew Rosa, Matthew Priddis, Andrew Embley
HF: Mark Nicoski, Quinten Lynch, Bradley Ebert
F: Jack Darling, Scott Lycett, Mark LeCras
Foll: Dean Cox, Adam Selwood, Luke Shuey
I/C: Thomas Swift, Ashley Smith, Patrick McGinnity, Andrew Gaff
Emg: Bradd Dalziell, Brad Sheppard, Gerrick Weedon

In: Thomas Swift, Scott Lycett
Out: Josh Kennedy ((eye)), Nic Naitanui (Soreness)
New: Scott Lycett (Port Magpies)

1eyedog
28-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Not happy with Cooney's injury but very happy with the ins.

Hargrave to sub? I will ne very interested to see how Roughie goes.

bornadog
28-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Not happy with Cooney's injury but very happy with the ins.

Hargrave to sub? I will ne very interested to see how Roughie goes.

Why is Marcovic out?

Sockeye Salmon
28-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Surprised Markovic was dropped

1eyedog
28-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Why is Marcovic out?

Kennedy out? Odd though that Mulligan comes in?

No Kerr, Nic Nat or Kennedy. The odds for this one just got a lot tighter. I see Hargrave straight to BP.

Ozza
28-07-2011, 06:10 PM
The only 'out' that suprprises me is Markovic being dropped and Mulligan coming in.
I thought Markovic has been pretty solid - and is pretty safe with the footy.
Good to see Bob and Barlow back.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Markovic was poor against WC last time but that was many on Kennedy who is out. He played on that dud LRT last week and maybe didn't do enough.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Whilst there are some OK ins, I really feel that we simply aren't developing enough players. The three I speak of are Howard, Tutt and Veszpremi.

Arguably Wallis should be getting more games now, too.

At the very least, it should have been Howard for Gilbee and Veszpremi for Grant IMO.

The likes of Stack and Barlow are pointless elections in terms of the future.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Stack ahead of Vez and Howard?

I just don't get it.

No Kennedy, Kerr and NicNat does raise hopes a little.

Sockeye Salmon
28-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I think we all know Morris won't come up so someone else has to come in.

Schofield got dropped for being sick last week?

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 06:18 PM
7 changes and not the 2 or 3 that i was hoping for.
Good to see Murph and Roughy back, but Vez, Tut and Howard are still waiting.
Supervised about the Mulligan/Marko duel again, i thought Marko has clearly been better
Schoey unlucky to be on the emergencies after last week.
Atleast this hopefully gets Jones away from the ruck

You or many others, may not what to hear this but Stack has been in good form at Willi

Also there is no chance of Vez going anywhere near the backline.
Tutt over Barlow is the one i wanted

bornadog
28-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Stack ahead of Vez and Howard?

I just don't get it.

No Kennedy, Kerr and NicNat does raise hopes a little.

You or many others, may not what to hear this but Stack has been in good form at Willi.

Mantis
28-07-2011, 06:22 PM
You or many others, may not what to hear this but Stack has been in good form at Willi.

So Stack will be the sub, come in late in the 3rd, have minimal impact and then get dropped.

Ripper. :rolleyes:

BulldogBelle
28-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Suppose we have to make an assessment soon on who stays on the list in 2012 and get a final look at those who are playing for their careers - getting these guys into the senior team is a better way of doing this than by judging their VFL form

Is Stack under contract for 2012?

Has Barlow done enough, and can he improve and warrant us putting him on the senior list in 2012...?

Mulligan? What is his contract status? Kennedy smashed Markovic in the 1 on 1 contests (not suprising given the amount of times the ball went into their F50 in that match) in the game over in Perth, so with Kennedy being out I'm suprised we didnt keep Lucas in.

Addison out - he easily gave the least contribution last week considering his position...maybe he will be going to GWS considering he is a local boy...

Markovic has done enough and will be a good contributor in 2012, and obviously we will keep Grant given his 'potential'

Pickenitup
Dont know what Marko has done wrong unless he is a late in for Moz i think the role
he has played this year has been really good.
I did hear on Triple m on Sat Nite Mark Stevens said pretty much that he is not up to it .

Ozza
Whilst there are some OK ins, I really feel that we simply aren't developing enough players. The three I speak of are Howard, Tutt and Veszpremi.

At the very least, it should have been Howard for Gilbee and Veszpremi for Grant IMO.

Fair point on Vez, Howard and Tutt. I don't agree on Barlow - as I think he performed pretty well in all of his outings in the seniors.

Agree with you on Stack. In my opinion its completely pointless to be playing a bloke who will never make it (I realise 1 or 2 of you will disagree...but its just my opinion that I don't think he's a future player).

Bulldog Joe
28-07-2011, 06:25 PM

While I don't totally disagree with your post, there is plenty of evidence that Veszpremi is simply not fit enough. He apparently struggles to run out a VFL game.

Barlow is hardly pointless. He was very good against Adelaide and Gold Coast before breaking the finger against Melbourne. He adds a bit with his run and his height was lacking against North and Sydney.

I can see the sense in Mulligan for Markovic as he has the extra height needed against the Eagles.

I now actually think we are a chance with Kennedy and NicNat missing.

Hopefully Roughy can pluck a few and his mobility is better than he showed against Freo and Collingwood earlier in the year.

1eyedog
28-07-2011, 06:28 PM
While I don't totally disagree with your post, there is plenty of evidence that Veszpremi is simply not fit enough. He apparently struggles to run out a VFL game.

Barlow is hardly pointless. He was very good against Adelaide and Gold Coast before breaking the finger against Melbourne. He adds a bit with his run and his height was lacking against North and Sydney.

I can see the sense in Mulligan for Markovic as he has the extra height needed against the Eagles.I now actually think we are a chance with Kennedy and NicNat missing.

Hopefully Roughy can pluck a few and his mobility is better than he showed against Freo and Collingwood earlier in the year.

Good call.

Scott Lycett at 202cm may be a bit big for Marko I'm afraid.

Greystache
28-07-2011, 06:28 PM

So has Ben Jolley, neither of the two are AFL quality players.

I can't understand how we can have 7 ins and not get a game into Schofield, Howard, Tutt, or Veszpremi between them. It looks as if we've just picked the next 7 oldest players that didn't play last week.

The Pie Man
28-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Good call.

Is there a perceived better 'upside' to Mulligan over Marko athletically as well?

bornadog
28-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Of those dropped on form.

Grant - Hopefully will realize that he has to work harder than he has to stay in the team.

Addison - Not up to AFL Standard

Gilbee - really struggling

Marcovic - probably due to match ups and may still play if Morro is out. Did nothing wrong last week on LRT and kept him down to just 6 disposals.

bornadog
28-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Is there a perceived better 'upside' to Mulligan over Marko athletically as well?

Mulligans advantage is his athleticism but he is from a Rugby background so doesn't yet have the footy smarts.

stefoid
28-07-2011, 06:34 PM
We got marcovic as insurance against disastrous injuries to our backline, and guess what? It was insurance well spent.

But for next year? Its possible the MC might consider Cordy and Mulligan insurance enough.

Cyberdoggie
28-07-2011, 06:37 PM
So kind of the WCE to make a contest of it by dropping Kennedy and Natanui.

Wouldn't surprise me to see more changes from the dogs, I think Mulligan was brought in because he's a quicker tall defender than Markovic and Kennedy would of been the worry, now that he's not there will they make a change?

Roughead and Barlow in the side with Hudson, Hall and Jones? Perhaps overkill especially now that the Eagles will be using Cox only as their single ruck.

I think Barlow will pay as he is versatile and gave us a marking option in the couple of games he has played. Roughead may have to miss out perhaps.

Greystache
28-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Schofield, Howard, Tutt - are they all competiting for the same spot ie HBF or wing?

Vez - hasn't got the tank for AFL, he has got to work on his fitness.

And I'd have all 3 ahead of Stack, I can't recall a player being given more opportunities to prove they can't play than Stack.

Vez is no less fit than Hooper, and I'm sure he could manage to accumulate the half a dozen possessions that Hooper contributes.

Remi Moses
28-07-2011, 06:51 PM
And I'd have all 3 ahead of Stack, I can't recall a player being given more opportunities to prove they can't play than Stack.

Vez is no less fit than Hooper, and I'm sure he could manage to accumulate the half a dozen possessions that Hooper contributes.

Agree, Vezspremi deserves a crack, I mean does he offer any less than Hooper, Grant

bornadog
28-07-2011, 06:52 PM

I doubt that Vez could apply the forward pressure that Hooper can.

We will agree to disagree on Stack as anything I say won't change minds so I say no more.

Greystache
28-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I doubt that Vez could apply the forward pressure that Hooper can.

We will agree to disagree on Stack as anything I say won't change minds so I say no more.

I think Hooper's defensive pressure is vastly overated. He'll chase, but he's not quick enough to catch anyone, and rarely puts a player under pressure while disposing of the ball. If he's being picked on his defensive aspects alone then we're as good as playing one short. Luke Dahlhaus is what defensive pressure looks like, he also has the added advantage of making a positive impact in attack too.

bornadog
28-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I think Hooper's defensive pressure is vastly overated. He'll chase, but he's not quick enough to catch anyone, and rarely puts a player under pressure while disposing of the ball. If he's being picked on his defensive aspects alone then we're as good as playing one short. Luke Dahlhaus is what defensive pressure looks like, he also has the added advantage of making a positive impact in attack too.

Personally, I would like to see him in the team and get some experience in him. If he plays the rest of the year, he will have , what 10 games under his belt. Then if he can build on that and have a big preseason, then together with Luke they can make a great pair in the forward line. In the meantime he is also kicking a couple of goals each week.

The one thing I don't like is the MC bringing young players in and out of the team, like eg Schofield. It would have been good for both Schofield and Howard to have also got more games in them this year.

the banker
28-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Some chance with these team selections. Besides an injured Cooney, the side looks better this week IMO.

Greystache
28-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Personally, I would like to see him in the team and get some experience in him. If he plays the rest of the year, he will have , what 10 games under his belt. Then if he can build on that and have a big preseason, then together with Luke they can make a great pair in the forward line. In the meantime he is also kicking a couple of goals each week.

The one thing I don't like is the MC bringing young players in and out of the team, like eg Schofield. It would have been good for both Schofield and Howard to have also got more games in them this year.

If we couldn't manage it this year then when the hell will we ever?

It must be really frustrating being a young player with our MC.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Of those dropped on form.

Grant - Hopefully will realize that he has to work harder than he has to stay in the team.

Addison - Not up to AFL Standard

Gilbee - really struggling

Agree on Grant and Gilbee.

Addison is one player I try will defend at given opportunity, because when hes on, he brings good intensity and hard tackling. Saying this, I was in NZ the last week and only saw highlights of the game.

What frustrates me most with the MC is that when they elevate players from the VFL based on weeks of good form, that opportunity generally lasts for 1 game unless they absolutely shine.

Reiterates comments already mentioned that young players would be feeling the bite (and noticed by supporters) when dropped by the MC.

Go_Dogs
28-07-2011, 07:30 PM

Hard to disagree.

Looking forward to seeing how Lycett goes.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Surprised Markovic was dropped

I have to assume they wanted a little more foot speed to match up to Darling , Markovic is very good at not giving away frees when spoiling under pressure I hope Mulligan can stand up and do the same

I would expect more changes to the side currently named

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Hargrave has zero form but comes back in. Typical Eade selection.

DOG GOD
28-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Why did we trade for Vez when we obviously arent going to play him. With 7 outs he still cant get into that team. What are the MC doing? and how many times do we have to see Out: Stack and then a few weeks later IN: Stack, then a few weeks later...OUT: Stack. How many chances does a player have to get before players like Tutt or Howard are given a red hot tryout to see how capable they are...we have seen enough of Stack to know he's not up to scratch.

Poor form MC :(

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 08:32 PM

Whats that mean? Eades selects good players with that can be trusted when other experienced players are injury? We still are in the finals race.

Let's face it, 0 or 7 changes not many here would be satisfied.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Why did we trade for Vez when we obviously arent going to play him. With 7 outs he still cant get into that team. What are the MC doing? and how many times do we have to see Out: Stack and then a few weeks later IN: Stack, then a few weeks later...OUT: Stack. How many chances does a player have to get before players like Tutt or Howard are given a red hot tryout to see how capable they are...we have seen enough of Stack to know he's not up to scratch.

Poor form MC :(

Maybe Vez should show some form and he'll earn a spot.

Again we are still in the finals race, trying guys out for the sake of it maybe later.

azabob
28-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe Vez should show some form and he'll earn a spot.

Again we are still in the finals race, trying guys out for the sake of it maybe later.

Agree. The ball has been in Vez court all year. He doesn't have the tank to play midfield. He is a stay at home forward at this stage and Gia is playing his role.

Desipura
28-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Would have to agree with you.

Topdog
28-07-2011, 09:40 PM

Our backline is a mix of random players thrown together. IF his body is up to it bringing him in is the right decision regardless of form. We need players who know what the they are doing and know exactly what their teammates are doing.

w3design
28-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Can't say I understand some of these selections. Marko has been at least serviceable, yet gets dropped. Shaggy has had the year from hell with injury and played an absolute stinker v WC last time, yet back in side after one reserves game?

Hudson looks exhausted and has had 2 very ordinary weeks, yet the guy who will be our 1st ruck next year ( isn't that the plan?) and who was good in the Willi match, can't get a game?

Sedat
28-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Lycett might be the latest addition to the Jay Van Berlo/Luke Vogels, etc... club and kick a bag this week.

Sedat
28-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Can't say I understand some of these selections.
The last time I was this mystified by our selected team was against Melbourne a month ago. Hopefully history can repeat itself.

Can't agree with the Ed Barlow pointless calls. He adds a dimension to our team that is sadly lacking.

LostDoggy
28-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm a bit puzzled by the Marco/Mulligan swap.

One of my friends arrived late to the willi match and the first thing I said was "Mulligans not having a good game"

The tigers full forward out positioned him every time. A couple times in a row running to the forward pocket to take uncontested marks while mulligan was still standing in the goal square.

I though Marco has been performing "solidly".

kruder
28-07-2011, 11:24 PM
So has Ben Jolley, neither of the two are AFL quality players.

I can't understand how we can have 7 ins and not get a game into Schofield, Howard, Tutt, or Veszpremi between them. It looks as if we've just picked the next 7 oldest players that didn't play last week.

Yep absoloutley agree. Of what i have seen of Tutt, Sco and Howard all three will all be very good AFL players.

I'm not Eades biggest fan but i believe he hasn't been just coaching for his immediate future all year( as in he has been looking a little to the future). However IMO this week he is trying to save his pants, because another massive loss will really hurt him. Even though we have a big injury list, the pressure of a another big loss in the media along with the potential of more to come this year will bring things to boiling point.

Either way lets hope the boys can get up for a win because winning against the odds can breed good culture going forward.

bornadog
28-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Yep absoloutley agree. Of what i have seen of Tutt, Sco and Howard all three will all be very good AFL players.

I'm not Eades biggest fan but i believe he hasn't been just coaching for his immediate future all year( as in he has been looking a little to the future). However IMO this week he is trying to save his pants, because another massive loss will really hurt him. Even though we have a big injury list, the pressure of a another big loss in the media along with the potential of more to come this year will bring things to boiling point.

Either way lets hope the boys can get up for a win because winning against the odds can breed good culture going forward.

Do you think he still thinks the club has a mathematical chance of making the 8 and the MC has chosen a team they believe can win. I certaintly hope so, instead of just playing the kids and giving up.

Prince Imperial
29-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm a bit puzzled by the Marco/Mulligan swap.

One of my friends arrived late to the willi match and the first thing I said was "Mulligans not having a good game"

The tigers full forward out positioned him every time. A couple times in a row running to the forward pocket to take uncontested marks while mulligan was still standing in the goal square.

I though Marco has been performing "solidly".

I saw the game too and the East Perth game on TV and I'm staggered too. Whilst he effected some good defensive spoils in both matches he was regularly beaten and he provided very limited offense or run. I can't see how Mulligan in any way should be played ahead of Marko.

Ghost Dog
29-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Did you hear?,
Kennedy got twacked in the eye with a tennis ball at training ( I bet it was Kerr who did it ) .
A rather embarrassing and costly out for them.
Nic Nat is sore and won't get on the plane.
Our stocks just went up!

aker39
29-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Did you hear?,
Kennedy got twacked in the eye with a tennis ball at training ( I bet it was Kerr who did it ) .
A rather embarrassing and costly out for them.
Nic Nat is sore and won't get on the plane.
Our stocks just went up!

What's the weather like in Adelaide at the moment.

1eyedog
29-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Josh Hill says hello so does Daniel Bandy and Trent Bartlett

If we couldn't manage it this year then when the hell will we ever?

It must be really frustrating being a young player with our MC.

Why, you find form you get a game. You show something and you get picked the following week. I agree it must be frustrating but seriously this is a problem at every club with young players at the fringe of selection. At least our young players are getting a look in. There are only so many spots available.

Hargrave is an experienced known performer and is a fit bugger, he comes straight back in for mine.

Whats that mean? Eades selects good players with that can be trusted when other experienced players are injury? We still are in the finals race.

This.

Can't say I understand some of these selections. Marko has been at least serviceable, yet gets dropped. Shaggy has had the year from hell with injury and played an absolute stinker v WC last time, yet back in side after one reserves game?

Hudson looks exhausted and has had 2 very ordinary weeks, yet the guy who will be our 1st ruck next year ( isn't that the plan?) and who was good in the Willi match, can't get a game?

Your not supposed to understand them because you're not in the inner sanctum. I personally like the ins and I agree with BD that the MC still sniffs a chance to get a win here and keep the flame alive.

Desipura
29-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Your not supposed to understand them because you're not in the inner sanctum. I personally like the ins and I agree with BD that the MC still sniffs a chance to get a win here and keep the flame alive.
Never thought I would read this again on here. :D

Ghost Dog
29-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Hargrave has swagger and takes his chances. Still remember that goal he banged from the center last time he came in from injury.
Some newly selected players hesitate, and you can feel they are putting themselves under pressure internally. Others are experienced enough to relish their chance.

bornadog
29-07-2011, 10:16 AM
We have some good ins this week with Hargrave, Murphy and Sherman all with some experience. We really missed Murphy last week off the backline, he has had a great season.

Ghost Dog
29-07-2011, 10:21 AM
What's the weather like in Adelaide at the moment.

Not really sure. Am not in Adelaide.

bornadog
29-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Not really sure. Am not in Adelaide.

I think he means you are a bit slow with your comments on the West Coast Outs as we knew that yesterday when the team was announced.:D

1eyedog
29-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Never thought I would read this again on here. :D

Yeah I know you could say that for every comment here on WOOF. Sorry, I hadn't had my 2nd coffee as yet.

LostDoggy
29-07-2011, 02:12 PM

It means players are picked based on rep not form. Now I have no issue in selecting Hargrave if he was coming back from two weeks out and has been playing most of the year but when you have missed the bulk of the year one game in the seconds of the seconds is not really going to give you enough match fitness or touch to have an impact at the highest level. Just seems unprofessional in todays age of professional football.

This is a typical way in which Eade operates and I personally think it could be better.

G-Mo77
29-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Mystified on Wallis not getting selected same with Schofield considering he was actually selected last week. They are emergencies I guess so they're both possibly a chance to come in.

Don't know why Marko was dropped but not disappointed to see Mulligan get another chance.

Great to see Roughead in, he's a very important part to this team. If he stays injury free he plays the remaining games for 2011.

Sherman is a no brainer.

Shaggy and Murphy are back and hopefully healthy. They need some experience down there so they'll both help.

Barlow deserves his spot so happy for him to get another game.

Stack? Meh. Would have rathered Schofield, Wallis or Tutt in this spot. I'm just glad it is not bloody Josh Hill!

Grant, Addison and Markovic the ommisions. I really hope that Grant see's this as a message. With all the injuries he is still dropped. I don't think a message gets any louder than that.

LostDoggy
29-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Mystified on Wallis not getting selected same with Schofield considering he was actually selected last week. They are emergencies I guess so they're both possibly a chance to come in.

Don't know why Marko was dropped but not disappointed to see Mulligan get another chance.

Great to see Roughead in, he's a very important part to this team. If he stays injury free he plays the remaining games for 2011.

Sherman is a no brainer.

Shaggy and Murphy are back and hopefully healthy. They need some experience down there so they'll both help.

Barlow deserves his spot so happy for him to get another game.

Stack? Meh. Would have rathered Schofield, Wallis or Tutt in this spot. I'm just glad it is not bloody Josh Hill!

Grant, Addison and Markovic the ommisions. I really hope that Grant see's this as a message. With all the injuries he is still dropped. I don't think a message gets any louder than that.

Not sure if Grant even cares. Really laid back personality.

neddie
30-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Tutt & Howard ignored again ,despite good form at WILLY,Eade appears to have "marked their card",there is always next year ,hopefully Eade will be gone ?? for their sake.

Mantis
30-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Tutt & Howard ignored again ,despite good form at WILLY,Eade appears to have "marked their card",there is always next year ,hopefully Eade will be gone ?? for their sake.

Can you show the games when both of these 2 have been named in the bests?

Desipura
30-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Agree about Tutt not getting a game, he got a mention last week with his run being a feature of his game. I'm sure he will get a game before the season is out.

GVGjr
30-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I think you are drawing a long bow there Neddie. Their cards haven't been marked and if Eade is still at the club next year it would be a good thing for them.
Eades going for the win today and has picked the side that he thinks will get it done.

Greystache
30-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Schofield kitted up, might be a late change.

divvydan
30-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Western Bulldogs v West Coast at Etihad Stadium, 2.10pm
LATE CHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Dale Morris (groin) out, replaced by Jayden Schofield
West Coast: Nil
FINAL INTERCHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Brennan Stack, Tom Liberatore, Jordan RougheadSubstitute: Jayden Schofield
West Coast: Brad Ebert, Tom Swift, Ashley Smith
Substitute: Patrick McGinnity

Dog54
30-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Huge out Morris! I'm now ver worried about Lecras..who do you think takes him? Possibly Wood?

LostDoggy
30-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Huge out Morris! I'm now ver worried about Lecras..who do you think takes him? Possibly Wood?

Hooper has been switched to defence , the best match up is on Le Cras

Schofield is the Sub , looking forward to him sledging everyone within shouting distance for no other reason than he can , I have to assume Stack will be Subbed for Schofield

neddie
30-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Tutt Rd 16, Howard Rd 17 were in best players at Willy

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Tutt Rd 16, Howard Rd 17 were in best players at Willy

That doesn't on it's own mean translate into them being the right choice to come in. Ayce Cordy was also in the bests the last two weeks for Willy, doesn't mean that he should've come in to.

neddie
30-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Can you show the games when both of these 2 have been named in the bests?

Tutt Round 16, Howard Round 17 in best players at Williamstown.

Desipura
30-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Onya Neddie, hard to argue if you have facts! ;)

Mantis
31-07-2011, 10:44 AM

So being mentioned once in the bests means you should be playing?

Ok.

G-Mo77
31-07-2011, 10:49 AM
That doesn't on it's own mean translate into them being the right choice to come in. Ayce Cordy was also in the bests the last two weeks for Willy, doesn't mean that he should've come in to.

He's getting closer though. If he can stay fit I think he'll be a regular in 2012.

Unfortunately history says that's a big IF!

Doc26
31-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Sherman is a no brainer

G-Mo, this is a given but should he have come in. Hindsight of course would suggest no.

G-Mo77
31-07-2011, 12:57 PM
G-Mo, this is a given but should he have come in. Hindsight of course would suggest no.

Even with hindsight who do you put in ahead of him? I thought he was poor yesterday but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after missing 2 games of VFL and having a bit of pressure on him after the suspension.