PDA

View Full Version : Census Night August 9th

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
06-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Is anyone (apart from me) putting Western Bulldogs as your religion on the census form? Beats being a Jedi .

1eyedog
06-08-2011, 11:30 PM
No I'm putting fundamental agnostic again.

LostDoggy
06-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Agnostic theorist for me

westdog54
07-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Is anyone (apart from me) putting Western Bulldogs as your religion on the census form? Beats being a Jedi .

I won't be, but there's a rubbish post doing the rounds on Facebook saying that if too many people put 'No Religion' then 1 million People wil nominate themselves as Muslims and there will be no more Christmas Carols in schools.

Scraggers
07-08-2011, 12:59 AM
I was going to write DILLIGAFian ...

G-Mo77
07-08-2011, 01:20 AM

Hmm. I'm home alone so the fear of my wife getting offended by putting something like this on paper is gone. I think my religion will be the Western Bulldogs. :D

the banker
07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I won't be, but there's a rubbish post doing the rounds on Facebook saying that if too many people put 'No Religion' then 1 million People wil nominate themselves as Muslims and there will be no more Christmas Carols in schools.

This is how it works

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I was going to write DILLIGAFian ...

Which means?

Sockeye Salmon
07-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Which means?

I once played in an indoor cricket team called DILLIGAF

Do I Look Like I Give ...

LostDoggy
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Which means?

Check this out ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxmUKVrT0iI

Topdog
07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Is this mandatory?

chef
07-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I won't be back in OZ by then, so I guess I count.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
08-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I once played in an indoor cricket team called DILLIGAF

Do I Look Like I Give ...

With you now

Ozza
08-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Is this mandatory?

Do you mean - is it mandatory to do the census? If so, yes its mandatory - you'll get a fine if you don't do it.

LostDoggy
08-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Do you mean - is it mandatory to do the census? If so, yes its mandatory - you'll get a fine if you don't do it.

You should do it. You can't whinge that government policies etc don't cater for you if you won't throw in your ten cents worth…

On the religion, I've always put Footscray Football Club, and probably always will.

Topdog
08-08-2011, 12:41 PM
You should do it. You can't whinge that government policies etc don't cater for you if you won't throw in your ten cents worth…

On the religion, I've always put Footscray Football Club, and probably always will.

Hope you don't complain about any decisions made regarding religion then......

Cheers, will fill it out when I get home tonight.

The Underdog
08-08-2011, 01:15 PM

This is stupid in so many ways. It's not saying that there is an orchestrated campaign amongst Muslims to rid our schools of Christmas Carols is there? Surely if too many people put no religion, it's because they aren't religious. And if 1 million people nominate themselves as Muslims, it's probably because they're Muslims. Isn't that the point of the Census? If that leads to no Christmas Carols in schools then that's what it leads to. If people want their kids to sing Christmas Carols so desperately perhaps they can sing them at home or church or send them to a Christian School. Is that really our biggest fear, no Christmas Carols in schools?

The Bulldogs aren't a religion for me. It's a love, maybe more like a tempestuous romance that doesn't always feel healthy but that I can't seem to give up on.

Twodogs
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
The Bulldogs aren't a religion for me. It's a love, maybe more like a tempestuous romance that doesn't always feel healthy but that I can't seem to give up on.

That's so tragically accurate I could cry.

The Underdog
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM

I often do

Twodogs
08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I often do

There's tears hitting my keyboard as I type.

The Underdog
08-08-2011, 01:35 PM
There's tears hitting my keyboard as I type.

Let's conclude today's Bulldog-holics Anonymous meeting with a big hug and a round of Sons Of The Scray...:)

Jasper
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Is this mandatory?

According to 3AW this morning, you can be fined $110 PER DAY!! if you don't fill it out

Topdog
08-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Cheers CG. At least they have an online version.

Twodogs
08-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Let's conclude today's Bulldog-holics Anonymous meeting with a big hug and a round of Sons Of The Scray...:)

My name is Twodogs and I'm a bulldog addict!

chef
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
According to 3AW this morning, you can be fined $110 PER DAY!! if you don't fill it out

What if your out of the country?

LostDoggy
08-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I often describe my passion for the RW&B by comparing it to that of a priest: Despite years of evidence to the contrary, I still steadfastly believe that this year is going to be our year, no matter what anybody says I keep the faith. I sort of see a priest the same way, denying every indication that God doesn't exist and keeping the faith.

So it's kind of fitting that I list it as my religion, you see… :D

Hope you don't complain about any decisions made regarding religion then......

Well that's just my point, isn't it? If a vast majority of Aussies weren't religious, it would (should) show in the stats and influence said decisions.

bornadog
08-08-2011, 03:40 PM
What if your out of the country?

go to www.census.gov.au for any information.

wimberga
09-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Hey guys

Im a census collector this year and basically if your not here tonight at midnight...then you dont do it...if your out of the country then nothing happens, if you are not at home but at a hotel or something then youll be counted there...and there is a fine per day which is pretty crazy and thats for people who REFUSE to do it..

Really hoping I dont get too many people whinging and refusing to do it....its for everyones benefit!

Already had a couple of people complaning about how the E-census is designed to just save trees and save money for the TAXPAYER FUNDED ABS.....

If you got any questions check the website bornadog wacked up or if you want the personal touch, chuck your question in here!!

LostDoggy
09-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I feel so sorry for the oldies!
My mum rang me last night very agitated as she had gone over the form and was overwhelmed by it.
I'm going over to help her of course, but oldies get agitated and overwhelmed very easily.

LostDoggy
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM

I'm feeling the love in the room.........

LostDoggy
09-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Religion: Western Bulldog for Life
Workplace: Star Wars Enterprise Inc.
Duties: Learning how to use the fork....or the force. Not sure yet.

Daughter of the West
10-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Religion: Western Bulldog for Life
Workplace: Star Wars Enterprise Inc.
Duties: Learning how to use the fork....or the force. Not sure yet.

My partner wouldn't let me put "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" as my religion.

Ah well, there's always next time.

ledge
10-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey guys

Im a census collector this year and basically if your not here tonight at midnight...then you dont do it...if your out of the country then nothing happens, if you are not at home but at a hotel or something then youll be counted there...and there is a fine per day which is pretty crazy and thats for people who REFUSE to do it..

Really hoping I dont get too many people whinging and refusing to do it....its for everyones benefit!

Already had a couple of people complaning about how the E-census is designed to just save trees and save money for the TAXPAYER FUNDED ABS.....

If you got any questions check the website bornadog wacked up or if you want the personal touch, chuck your question in here!!

I must admit i had a bit of giggle, say we are not home when you come to collect, do we just assume you will know when we are home to collect it?
I am certainly not leaving it outside on my doorstep.

cinder
10-08-2011, 12:35 PM
My partner wouldn't let me put "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" as my religion.

That would have been a laugh ...

LostDoggy
10-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Well done, I wish I had've thought of that one!!!:D

LostDoggy
10-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I must admit i had a bit of giggle, say we are not home when you come to collect, do we just assume you will know when we are home to collect it?
I am certainly not leaving it outside on my doorstep.

That's why I did mine online..... my husband is a shift worker & I didn't want anyone coming to collect the form & waking him up!! :)

1eyedog
10-08-2011, 01:32 PM

Can I ask you a serious question? How did you get to be Super Moderator and what is the difference exactly between Moderator and Super Moderator? A cape?

GVGjr has three times as many posts as you and he's still only a Moderator. Bit unfair don't you think?

I reckon you wrote that yourself.

Twodogs
10-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Can I ask you a serious question? How did you get to be Super Moderator and what is the difference exactly between Moderator and Super Moderator? A cape?

GVGjr has three times as many posts as you and he's still only a Moderator. Bit unfair don't you think?

I reckon you wrote that yourself.

GVGjr and myself started the site. I had a vague idea about starting a site for Bulldog fans but I knew I couldnt do it without him, so I basically pestered him until he agreed. I can be very persuasive/annoying when I want to do something.:D

And, yes I have to wear a cape when I post.

Some others involved helping out back in the early days were Dry Rot, Topdog, Alwaysadog, WW biscuit and Ms Bulldog. Apoligies to anyone I've forgotten.

ledge
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Bit of a contradiction , super moderate?
Sort of like claiming to be the most modest person in the universe.
:)

Twodogs
10-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Bit of a contradiction , super moderate?
Sort of like claiming to be the most modest person in the universe.
:)

It all comes down to the cape I guess.*

*BTW I am certainly not the most modest person in the universe.

LostDoggy
10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
GVGjr and myself started the site. I had a vague idea about starting a site for Bulldog fans but I knew I couldnt do it without him, so I basically pestered him until he agreed. I can be very persuasive/annoying when I want to do something.:D

Some others involved helping out back in the early days were Dry Rot, Topdog, Alwaysadog, WW biscuit and Ms Bulldog. Apoligies to anyone I've forgotten.

That's fascinating -- apologies if it already exists but I don't think a 'who are we' or 'history of WOOF' type section in the FAQ would go amiss. I'm always fascinated by how things 'came to be', as it were.

1eyedog
10-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Fair enough, well thanks for planting the seed it's a magnificient forum. It's refreshing that it hasn't degenerated to the level of other well known forums as it has continued to grow. Says something about the culture of the place and obviously the people who pull the strings behind the scenes.

As an aside maybe you should have a little cape next to your username rather than the red or blue box to indicate you are online.

Twodogs
10-08-2011, 08:27 PM
It's refreshing that it hasn't degenerated to the level of other well known forums as it has continued to grow. Says something about the culture of the place and obviously the people who pull the strings behind the scenes.

Thanks. Keeping the stadard of debate above flame wars was something that was important to us all when we started the site. Making a high standard of debate is kind of the whole raison d'etre of WOOF.

As an aside maybe you should have a little cape next to your username rather than the red or blue box to indicate you are online.

I changed my avatar. Hopefully that will do the job.

1eyedog
10-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I changed my avatar. Hopefully that will do the job.

Noice, very apt.

Twodogs
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Noice, very apt.

The problem is I have a strong urge to sing American Pie all the time now.

Scraggers
11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
The problem is I have a strong urge to sing American Pie all the time now.

Go for it Twodogs ... I've got my lighter in the air already !!