PDA

View Full Version : Round 21 games

LostDoggy
12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I was looking forward to having a look at the Collingwood v StKilda game tonight, but alas channel 7 strikes right away in the first Qtr.

Daisy stuffed a kick something shocking on the camera wing which grubbs along the ground, and Bruce's response (quote)"Thomas goes down the line". WTF?

Then Maxwell takes a dive Greg Louganis would be proud of off a Gilbert nudge and Ch7s commentry states "Gilbert should know better than that giving away a free".

chef
12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I was looking forward to having a look at the Collingwood v StKilda game tonight, but alas channel 7 strikes right away in the first Qtr.

Daisy stuffed a kick something shocking on the camera wing which grubbs along the ground, and Bruce's response (quote)"Thomas goes down the line". WTF?

Then Maxwell takes a dive Greg Louganis would be proud of off a Gilbert nudge and Ch7s commentry states "Gilbert should know better than that giving away a free".

Would you expect anything different from that commentary team.

G-Mo77
12-08-2011, 10:01 PM

That was Tom Harley, he's an absolute muppet. He fits in nicely with McAvaney and Cometti. It's going to be a looooooong few years with just 7 at the helm.

I thought I'd seen it all in the AFL but again I'm left dumbfounded. Chris Tarrant gets reported for a shepard. The AFL sit back and scratch there double chins wondering why people are starting to turn away, it's not the blow outs that are causing it.

westdog54
12-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I try to block out some of the 'comments' and try and enjoy the game.

Absolutely staggered at the Tarrant report. Looked like a textbook bump that went nowhere near the head. Rules committee have the umpires jumping at shadows. Will go absolutely nowhere.

AndrewP6
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Just flicked on to the Ch 7 report on GWS. Choco Williams has been in a very good paddock. :)

LostDoggy
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I thought I'd seen it all in the AFL but again I'm left dumbfounded. Chris Tarrant gets reported for a shepard. The AFL sit back and scratch there double chins wondering why people are starting to turn away, it's not the blow outs that are causing it.

This is almost scary, I was going to post almost the exact same, word for word.
About how people are turned off due to a player getting reported for a Shepard not the blowouts. This was a joke! Wasn't even off the ball, wasn't high, wasn't overly aggressive! Soon the Afl will be a non contact sport.

LostDoggy
12-08-2011, 10:15 PM
While we are on this game. Does anyone else think Collingwood are getting away with a lot of "moving FWD of the mark" non calls?? As well as contacting players after they have a mark?? I only notice now a days after the Murphy/Hooper 50m penalties from a few weeks back. Not that I'd ever accuse the AFL umpires of being inconsistent.

LostDoggy
13-08-2011, 08:41 PM
While we are on this game. Does anyone else think Collingwood are getting away with a lot of "moving FWD of the mark" non calls?? As well as contacting players after they have a mark?? I only notice now a days after the Murphy/Hooper 50m penalties from a few weeks back. Not that I'd ever accuse the AFL umpires of being inconsistent.

Sure enough 1st qtr the dogs get a FWD of the mark 50m paid against them!