PDA

View Full Version : What now? Preference for Premiership

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Now that the curtain has come down for us (logically if not mathematically) who would you most prefer to see win the premiership out of the finals bound teams and why?

comrade
15-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Now that the curtain has come down for us (logically if not mathematically) who would you most prefer to see win the premiership out of the finals bound teams and why?

Anyone but Carlton.

Why? Because they are everything I despise.

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Anyone but Carlton.

Why? Because they are everything I despise.

Ha ha, I just put a "Anyone but Collingwood" on the poll and wanted to do the same for Carlton but I ran out of space.

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2011, 12:40 AM
I would say either North Melbourne or Sydney. North because they are the little guy and I have been suprised that I have actually enjoyed watching them play (except when I flew over and they beat us). Sydney, probably because they are about the only other team in the 8 I don't hate at the moment.

AndrewP6
15-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I voted "Anyone but Collingwood". I hate them, their supporters, their tosser of a President etc etc... I know it's likely they'll salute again this year, but I have to hold on to something ;). My mate at work is a typical Pies supporter, and I would love to stick it to him this year.

That said, I don't much fancy the Aints or Blues either. For many of the same reasons as Collingwood.

BulldogBelle
15-08-2011, 04:59 AM
I voted Hawthorn.

I think they are a real class outfit, and have coped so well with the injuries they have had.

I don't like Lewis, some of their supporters are muppets, I'm pissed off we didn't get Puopolo. I hate the Buddy fever whenever he does something great.

But they are tough, extremely skillful and well drilled. Nearly the perfect mix of balanced teamwork and individual brilliance at times.

chef
15-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Collingwood for me, as they are my second favourite team.

LostDoggy
15-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Where's the don't care option?

1eyedog
15-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Where's the don't care option?

I second this with an explicit language insertion between don't and care.

strebla
15-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I went for Collingwood as my girlfriend follows them and I do love to watch Swan play.but besides that I really dont care will be watching Williamstown with much more interest!!!

Maddog37
15-08-2011, 11:39 AM
This is like asking whether you would prefer to lose a foot or a hand!!!!

The Pie Man
15-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I went for Collingwood as my girlfriend follows them and I do love to watch Swan play.but besides that I really dont care will be watching Williamstown with much more interest!!!

Likewise

I voted Geelong - the carrot of 3 in 5 years to cement themselves as one of histories 'great' teams is still there....and anything to throw a spanner into Collingwood's efforts to achieve the same will be appreciated.

Can't see Hawthorn genuinely challenging....though if Rioli stays fit, who knows (what a freak) and the battle for fourth will take it out of Carlton (who if they make a prelim will fancy their chances of making the GF)

West Coast would be an interesting story - can't see it though

LostDoggy
15-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Strangely enough, I'm probably going for Collingwood. I hate the Pies as much as the next guy, but Mick's really impressed me as a coach, I have a weird man-crush on Swan who is just the complete player and a pretty decent bloke (and I think the best player in the comp), their team actually plays a great brand of attractive, skilful football (the way they systematically dismantled St. Kilda on Friday was a joy to watch), and leaving aside the fact that they are Collingwood, they are actually a side full of highly professional, well-drilled, disciplined, unselfish and uncomplaining footballers (I know they have every advantage, but still...), with strong leaders all across the ground -- everything I wish my team had.

Geelong would also be a worthy champion, probably more so, with all the above qualities but with slightly fewer advantages (although having their own homeground is a massive one). I picked them in the poll just to feel less dirty than I would if I had picked the Pies.

I hate every other team in the eight with a passion, and would probably quit footy for good if Three Strike Hawthorn or Group Fun For Boys St.Kilda or Carlton Cheats (God no) or The Ben Cousins managed to snag one.

Greystache
15-08-2011, 12:41 PM
It's always someone other than us, for me I can't be happy for anyone, it's more a case of who I'd be least unhappy about winning it. I can't really stand any of the top 5, I'd choose Geelong at a push.

Dancin' Douggy
15-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I went for the Saints even though we all know Riewoldt dived in the goal square to effectively keep us out of a Grand final.

I just want them to break the curse so (in theory) we can break it too.

I suggest another poll. Who would you least like to see win?
For me Carlton. just can't stand it when a combination of privilege, arrogance and dishonesty = success.

Max469
15-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Anyone but St Kilda.

Hate them.

Feel for them with the one flag and all like us - but their supporters are tools of the highest order and some of the players are too cocky.

Besides can't stand Kosi

I want a Premiership before them.

I like the Pies.

Hard call this year as we all know the Finals are a different game altogether.

Scraggers
15-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone but West Coast (their supporters are hard enough to put up with anyway), Carlton or St. Kilda.

Would be happy for Freo to win it ... Can't see it happening though.

I think (like most) it will be a Collingwood V Geelong Grand Final.

LostDoggy
15-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I voted hawthorn, mainly cos' my old man was a mad Hawthorn fan. I also like the game they play. The teams I would least likely see win are the pies and Carlton, couldn't stand to see those cheats win another flag.

LostDoggy
15-08-2011, 02:15 PM
This is like asking whether you would prefer to lose a foot or a hand!!!!

Absolutely. I would rather lose a foot or a hand (or both) than see Collingwood go back-to-back.

Anyone but West Coast (their supporters are hard enough to put up with anyway), Carlton or St. Kilda.

Would be happy for Freo to win it ... Can't see it happening though.

I think (like most) it will be a Collingwood V Geelong Grand Final.

A man after my own heart.

I'm tipping a Hawthorn v Geelong GF. Call me crazy in 6 weeks time.

bornadog
15-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I second this with an explicit language insertion between don't and care.

me too except Carlton, Essendon. Collingwood deserve the premiership.

LostDoggy
15-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I went for Hawthorn, always been a distant second favourite since Platten went there.

Geelong play a decent brand of football, I wouldnt be upset for them to get another one.

And... I would like to see Eddies face if Collingwood didnt get what they so thoroughly deserve, instead of as usual getting more than they deserve. Yeah... just convinced myself... change mine to 'Anyone but Collingf'nwood!!"

Sedat
15-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Cats would be a great story, and they are a sensational team to watch when they are up and about. A team winning 3 flags in 5 seasons in this day and age would be staggering.

BulldogBelle
15-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Collingwood would be my choice, hell would freeze over before I would chose St Kilda.

LostDoggy
16-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Collingwood would be my choice, hell would freeze over before I would chose St Kilda.

I'm with you BB!

LostDoggy
16-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Geelong is my distant second side but at the 150/1 I have about the West Coast would have me yelling go weagles

LostDoggy
16-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Geelong is my distant second side but at the 150/1 I have about the West Coast would have me yelling go weagles

I could never stand to profit from a WCE flag. The bookies can keep their cash.

Remi Moses
17-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Anyone but Stkilda. Think the pies will win it, personally reckon they're a great side to watch.
Bit of a family connection, just imagine folks if that dull unimaginative drip Lyon had won The Saints a flag. We'd be subjected to that blueprint:eek:

LostDoggy
17-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Geelong.

Still love watching them go about it, one good player does not make one good team (even if I and many others thought they would slide this year) they have if anything, improved.

And for them to beat Collingwood in the GF - would be the cherry on top.

LostDoggy
17-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't care, it's that simple.