PDA

View Full Version : A fresh Start - What are the positives?

bornadog
17-08-2011, 05:36 PM
* A new approach and game plan.

* A review of the list and maybe the rejuvenation of some players careers - perhaps a new coach can get more out of Hill, Stack, Higgins, others?

* A new voice for players to respond to.

* Goodbye to some careers that maybe we wouldn't have got rid of or traded?

A whole new football dept? Not sure if that will happen.

Others?

Doc26
17-08-2011, 05:45 PM
With Rodney gone, it is an opportunity to better assess weaknesses in our football operatons division and flush them out ?

AndrewP6
17-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Someone else for fans to get a photo with?

Maddog37
17-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Breaking the status quo. Hopefully all positions are open and each player needs to earn their spot anew. Possibly a new game plan or at least some tangible idea of how our team wants to play.

Greystache
17-08-2011, 10:58 PM
- New game plan

- No credits in the bank

- Opportunity to move on tiring workhorses

- More opportunities for young players

- Playing a game style that suits the list we have now

Plenty of potential positives.

Sockeye Salmon
18-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Lots of early draft picks coming up

The Adelaide Connection
18-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Maybe he was the reason for the alleged "disgruntled" nature of Lake (if that was ever more than media beat up). In that case him moving on could be a positive.

bornadog
18-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Maybe he was the reason for the alleged "disgruntled" nature of Lake (if that was ever more than media beat up). In that case him moving on could be a positive.

Well Brian is a big sook he couldn't stand being told to harden up princess.

Dry Rot
18-08-2011, 12:20 AM

Why? I was hoping Lake wanted out and we'd be able to trade him for a compo pick to use in 2012. Ditto Higgins.

Neither will be involved when we are competitive again.

EasternWest
18-08-2011, 12:27 AM

Or maybe he was injured?

How do we know we were getting the truth about Brian from the hive mind? How can anyone seriously tell someone else the level and severity of their discomfort and pain?

I'm not a fan of the way Lake was publically made a pariah. If he's got attitude problems, sort it out in house, don't go calling him names in the press. If he doesn't have attitude problems and he is injured, then give him the time off.

bornadog
18-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Or maybe he was injured?

How do we know we were getting the truth about Brian from the hive mind? How can anyone seriously tell someone else the level and severity of their discomfort and pain?

I'm not a fan of the way Lake was publically made a pariah. If he's got attitude problems, sort it out in house, don't go calling him names in the press. If he doesn't have attitude problems and he is injured, then give him the time off.

Yeah I agree with your post, mine was tongue in cheek.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Or maybe he was injured?

This.

Lake requires more surgery, no?

We really handled that situation well :rolleyes:

I share Greystache's thoughts, but only if we follow through with them. I don't have the confidence in a Leon Cameron to do this.

The Adelaide Connection
18-08-2011, 12:42 AM

If that were the case it doesn't change that when he is at his best he is about the best in the business. He may never get back to that but if he is going to hang around and get paid huge amounts of money we might as well get some use out of him.

If it were a choice out of Lake versus Eade and some draft picks I would have gone the latter. But if there was a problem, and if that problem was Eade, it could be a positive if it gets him reinvigorated and back to somewhere near his best.

There are a lot of if's and I was clutching at a lot of straws, but I am looking at the sky of our season and a darker grey is breaking through a lighter one.

Dancin' Douggy
18-08-2011, 01:28 AM
The only positives I can see on the horizon are draft picks.

chef
18-08-2011, 08:00 AM

Maybe he didn't like being singled out all the time.

chef
18-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Hopefully a game plan more in line with 2012 than 2005

GVGjr
18-08-2011, 08:09 AM
The big plus will be an honest assessment of where the list is at.
Hopefully all players will be keen to impress.

Sockeye Salmon
18-08-2011, 10:37 AM
The big plus will be an honest assessment of where the list is at.
Hopefully all players will be keen to impress.

Greg Denham said this morning that as the reason Eade got the shove!

Maddog37
18-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Greg Denham said this morning that as the reason Eade got the shove!

Might be true Sockeye but Denham would only be guessing based on his previous efforts.

Realistically what other conclusion could you draw for replacing Rocket.....

Stefcep
18-08-2011, 05:46 PM
IMO, there's more needed than just a change of coach to call it a fresh start.

One thing that was pointed out elsewhere is that we have more than our fair share of 300 gamers, and do ok with 200-gamers. One way to look at this is that we let guys play on to achieve personal milestones rather than bite the bullet and do what's best for the team. Eg we had 3x 300 game players against West Coast at one time and got smashed by 74 points. Does the club need to be more ruthless in axing "favourite sons" when they're consistently not performing, in order to develop a winning culture? And maybe the same ruthlessness needs to be extended to the management.

SlimPickens
18-08-2011, 05:59 PM
- New game plan

- No credits in the bank

- Opportunity to move on tiring workhorses

- More opportunities for young players

- Playing a game style that suits the list we have now

Plenty of potential positives.

This^^

ledge
18-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Must say we had a few posters over the last couple of years questioning players getting picked on what seemed a history of the player and not actual form.