PDA

View Full Version : Round #22 - Slaps and Sledges

GVGjr
21-08-2011, 09:27 AM
For those who aren't familiar with the Slaps and Sledges thread:

A slap on the back for a job well done by 2 players. (not to be confused with the Woof Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9023))
This can be a passage of player or even a spirited effort.

A sledge to two players that let down the team. Try and make this constructive critique and not just overly critical.

Provide us with your thoughts on this afternoons game against the Port Power.

GVGjr
21-08-2011, 07:16 PM
There just has to be some love for Tutt?

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 07:23 PM
King Tutt

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Huge slap to Tutt, what a debut.

Ghost Dog
21-08-2011, 07:52 PM
SLAP to Tutt
As Bruce would say.... "DELICIOUS"

Doggy
21-08-2011, 08:00 PM
How good was Tutt

Go_Dogs
21-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Slap:

Tutt

Sledge:

Everyone involved in MC that didn't select Tutt before today. ;)

bornadog
21-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Slap - Tutt, Schofield, Libba - These guys are our future

Slap - Barry Hall - amazing he has kicked 5 or more in the past 5 games. Where were you in 2008 and 2009?

Sledge - Griffen - should have blitzed them today bit a very lazy effort.

Sledge - The team for taking the peddle off in the last.

comrade
21-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Slap - Barry Hall - amazing he has kicked 5 or more in the past 5 games. Where were you in 2008 and 2009?

We would have been in a GF (and a massive chance for the flag) if we had Baz in 2009.

It's enough to make you cry :o

Mantis
21-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Sledge - The team for taking the peddle off in the last.

In what way did we take the pedal off?

To me it just looked like we got beaten around the clearances and our under-manned backline got exposed.. Did you see it differently?

bornadog
21-08-2011, 09:48 PM
In what way did we take the pedal off?

To me it just looked like we got beaten around the clearances and our under-manned backline got exposed.. Did you see it differently?

Yep our effort dropped in the last.

Mantis
21-08-2011, 09:54 PM

So you expected a team half full of babies to not drop off at some point?

It was only a matter of time... that and Port actually added their best clearance player to the mix who was as fresh as a daisy and made quite the difference.

chef
21-08-2011, 09:55 PM

Yep, we lost our pressure and intensity. There were some tired bodies in the last quarter.

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Any reason why rodan was the sub? Couldn't believe it.

angelopetraglia
21-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Slap - unbelievable 1st quarter

Sledge - ridiculously bad handball by Jones gave Port a goal in the last 30 seconds of the first term, put a small blemish on an almost perfect first term

w3design
21-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Slaps: cross, Boyd and ward very good
Slap : wonderful debut by Tutt ..even allowing for poor opposition, cannot remember a more impressive first game
Slap: he has had a disappointing year, but liked rougheads game a lot
Sledge: DJ. Even when we are 10 goals up he has little poise and composure. He tries hard..but...
Sledges: Barlow. Jones. The former, looked a real journeyman today, which I guess he is. Jones' lovely hands have deserted him of late.

LostDoggy
21-08-2011, 10:45 PM
So you expected a team half full of babies to not drop off at some point?

It was only a matter of time... that and Port actually added their best clearance player to the mix who was as fresh as a daisy and made quite the difference.

Totally agree. When Rodan subbed on and started killing us I knew Port would do a bit of face-saving, and I have to agree they did look tired as well as dropping in effort and intensity (as a result?) in the 4th.

Can't believe how negative some supporters were towards today's 4th quarter though. What more do people want? Yes, it would've been nice to do a Geelong and go pedal-to-the-metal until the death, but we're heading in different directions and I don't really blame the boys for stepping down a notch when the game was won. We are just riding out the year and looking towards a solid preseason.

Slap: Tutt, Boyd, and Cross — so courageous, love the man!
Sledge: Some very fickle and increasingly negative supporters.

BulldogBelle
22-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Slap - unbelievable 1st quarter

Sledge - ridiculously bad handball by Jones gave Port a goal in the last 30 seconds of the first term, put a small blemish on an almost perfect first term

Slap for the 4 Tutt specials - 3 in his first 4 minutes was brill!

Sledge to Jones and everyone who dances around on the mark, put themselves under pressure when they play on and then stuff up. Just stand still, look around and play on decisively if you want to but don't step sideways and give the umps reason to call play on when we don't have any advantage!

AndrewP6
22-08-2011, 12:06 AM
SLAPS

King Tutt - tremendous game on debut. At one point, he stood up after a whistle, and I thought "Oh no, someone's hit him on the scone so hard they've squashed his neck". Then I realise he has none. :)

Baz - keeps climbing the all-time goalkickers table, currently in 15th place, a couple behind "Sticks" Kernahan. Talk about going out on top of your game.

SLEDGES
Jones- as others have noted, that awful handball gifting Port their first goal.

SlimPickens
22-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Slap- Libba geez I hope he gets a rising star nomination for his efforts this year.
Slap- Tutt-yep

Slap- vez couldn't be happier for a bloke to celebrate a goal. Well done.

Sledge- very trivial but Grant when kicking a goal some emotion of any sort would be much appreciated cheers

Remi Moses
22-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Slaps - Tutt, what a debut
Slaps - Boyd, was excellent again
Slaps- Cross , best game for a while
Slaps - Djkuerra , was good early
Slaps- Barry, finishing in style

Sledge - Liam Jones, really average today
Sledge- Dennis Cometti, how in hell can we be the least attractive proposition to coach!
Dennis obviously has never seen a club devoid of leadership ( Hello Melbourne) ingrained to lose from a number of years of tanking, we're equal with Adelaide IMO

BulldogBelle
22-08-2011, 12:24 AM
I think Crawf said we were the least attractive in the Hun today too so he was probably 'inspired' by that :rolleyes:

Greystache
22-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Had a previous engagement so haven't seen the game yet, will comment more after the replay.

Sledge

Barry- You big prick, why couldn't you play 3 years at the dogs, whether it be next year or 2009 you would be a God send.*

* Apologies for calling you a prick, just in case you read this.

Remi Moses
22-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I think Crawf said we were the least attractive in the Hun today too so he was probably 'inspired' by that :rolleyes:

Crawford should stick to playing the Village idiot.
Our younger players haven't been exposed to senior footy like Melbourne, because we've been top 4.It's funny the media focus ( cooney and lake ) is negative, but what say Lake returns to AA form and Cooney plays some good footy. Cooney probably will never get back to his 08 form , but if he could still be a valuable contributer.

immortalmike
22-08-2011, 02:12 AM
We would have been in a GF (and a massive chance for the flag) if we had Baz in 2009.

It's enough to make you cry :o

No we wouldn't have. Our unpredictability going forward was one of our biggest strengths in that game (and really all that year). We even had more scoring shots than them in the last quarter, just didn't take our chances. Can we please stop re-writing history now...

bornadog
22-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Had a previous engagement so haven't seen the game yet, will comment more after the replay.

Sledge

Barry- You big prick, why couldn't you play 3 years at the dogs, whether it be next year or 2009 you would be a God send.*

* Apologies for calling you a prick, just in case you read this.

You better steer clear of training this week:D

Ozza
22-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Slap - Tutt - added some outside run and carry and used the footy really well.
Slap - Boyd - just monstered the Port midfield at the clearances with his strength and attack on the footy.
Slap - Although there wasn't much pressure - the young guys - Schoey, Cordy, Tutt and Libba all showed good poise with the footy.

Sledge - Jones' was a bit down today, and didn't use the ball well.

The Coon Dog
22-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure if its a slap or a sledge, but the colour co ordinated goal umpire caught my eye with his yellow sunnies & watch matching his yellow top & cap.

Mantis
22-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Not sure if its a slap or a sledge, but the colour co ordinated goal umpire caught my eye with his yellow sunnies & watch matching his yellow top & cap.

He is clearly taking his job too seriously.

LostDoggy
22-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Big slap to Tutt - great debut!
Slap - Libba - what a great pair of quick hands!

Sledge - The MC - why hasn't Tutt got a game before this?

Desipura
22-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Looking at footy from a different angle now TCD? ;)

The Coon Dog
22-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Looking at footy from a different angle now TCD? ;)

Even if I was watching on a black & white TV I couldn't have missed it, it just really stood out.