PDA

View Full Version : AFL Rules Have Your Say Survey

LostDoggy
22-08-2011, 01:06 PM
For everybody that has whinged about a rule this year, time to make your voice heard.

http://www.afl.com.au/aflrulesyoursay/tabid/16504/default.aspx

G-Mo77
22-08-2011, 01:21 PM
It'll be a landslide in the rules section. Doubt anything will be done about it though.

LostDoggy
22-08-2011, 01:59 PM
It'll be a landslide in the rules section. Doubt anything will be done about it though.

Just as it was a landslide in a poll about tanking a couple of weeks ago (something like 90% of respondents believed that tanking occurred in the AFL) but AD simply came out even more strongly to blast anyone who believed it happened ie. most people.

bornadog
22-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Major Dislikes:

50 metre penalty use by umpire - lost its orginal meaning when it was introduded to stop time waisting. Now just a joke and costs teams the game.

Hands in the back - its either a push in the back or play on etc. But just a mere touch is a joke.

Chopping arms. - Whats wrong with chopping arms, its just part of the game.

Deliberate out of bounds - some of these decisions are a joke. eg yesterday Cassisi punches the ball along the boundary to get the ball to a team mate, but the ball hits its point and goes out of bounds. - called deliberate.

Desipura
22-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Advantage rule is too confusing

LostDoggy
22-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Whilst I agree they'll likely do nothing about it, we can hardly complain if we don't at least fill in the survey and let our thoughts be known.

Once you've done that, you've got a license to bitch about every rule in the book until next year. :D

G-Mo77
22-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Once you've done that, you've got a license to bitch about every rule in the book until next year. :D

I've done my bit.

immortalmike
22-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Whilst I agree they'll likely do nothing about it, we can hardly complain if we don't at least fill in the survey and let our thoughts be known.

I just filled it out. So man am I going to bitch now.

Sockeye Salmon
22-08-2011, 04:59 PM
It seemed to me like it was worded to make the AFL look good.

I got most of the way through and stopped because I didn't like any of the options listed.

boydogs
22-08-2011, 10:06 PM

I got most of the way through and stopped because I didn't like any of the options listed.

I finished it but felt the same way

westdog54
22-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Made my previously expressed thoughts on the advantage rule clear.

Why the questions were there about performance enhancing drugs and anti corruption measures is beyond me.

soupman
23-08-2011, 12:06 AM
The countdown clock one worries me.

bornadog
23-08-2011, 12:10 AM
The countdown clock one worries me.

I voted yes. I like the count down clock as its still suspenseful and I can't stand not knowing how long to go.

westdog54
23-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I voted yes. I like the count down clock as its still suspenseful and I can't stand not knowing how long to go.

Personally I enjoy the last few minutes of a game more when I don't know how long there is to go.

soupman
23-08-2011, 12:45 AM

I hate the idea of it. For me it ruins that moment when the siren goes.

AndrewP6
23-08-2011, 01:21 AM
I just did it, and have absolutely zero confidence in the results having any impact whatsoever. I felt better though, letting my thoughts be known. :)

I voted yes to a countdown clock.

Sockeye Salmon
23-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Hate the countdown clock.

Those few minutes when you don't know how long to go are priceless

Desipura
23-08-2011, 11:57 AM
I voted yes to a countdown clock.
No suprise there Andrew seeing as you played basketball in your younger days. :D

soupman
23-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Why do you want a clockdown clock? I don't see what it adds, only what it takes away.

LostDoggy
23-08-2011, 01:15 PM

I got the same feeling, the questions were definitely loaded.

Hate the countdown clock.

Those few minutes when you don't know how long to go are priceless

Absolutely. They need to have an iPhone app or something, so those who want to know can, but one of my absolute pet hates are those who call out the remaining time. “Oh, hey everyone, there's only 2 minutes left!” Totally wrecks the suspense.

The other effect of a countdown clock is obviously on the game. Whilst I'm sure the runners are telling the players how long to go, having a countdown clock would influence the game itself.

AndrewP6
23-08-2011, 08:22 PM
No suprise there Andrew seeing as you played basketball in your younger days. :D

:) I just like the idea of knowing how long is left. I can picture myself, getting more and more animated with my instructions to the players, knowing that there's only a minute to go, and the frustrating building because they're not listening to me :D To me, a close game with only a short amount of time remaining is very suspenseful, and terrifically exciting.

AndrewP6
23-08-2011, 08:23 PM

Ease up on the "younger" bit :) I only stopped playing last year. And I'm not old. :)

soupman
23-08-2011, 10:09 PM
:) I just like the idea of knowing how long is left. I can picture myself, getting more and more animated with my instructions to the players, knowing that there's only a minute to go, and the frustrating building because they're not listening to me :D To me, a close game with only a short amount of time remaining is very suspenseful, and terrifically exciting.

I don't see how we don't have that already.

AndrewP6
23-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't see how we don't have that already.

We do, I'd just rather know how long there is left.

Hotdog60
23-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I did it and in the spots that I could write in I bitched out everything else that erks me except the rulles.:D

LostDoggy
23-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Don't like the look of some of those questions. Hope they don't change the time keeping system next year

bornadog
24-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Don't like the look of some of those questions. Hope they don't change the time keeping system next year

Next year you can watch the game live on your phone and check the clock out.