PDA

View Full Version : What about Fevola?

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Is it time to consider Fevola as the replacement for Hall in 2012. A
Apart from Jones who is still a work in progress, we sadly lack big strong experienced forwards. The loss of Hall is huge given the inexperience we face next year.
The recruitment of Hall in 2010, was a potential risk but proved successful.
Without Hall, there is only Gia left as a multiple goalkicker,which leaves us vulnerable.
Lake and Fevola as bookends might just be something to get excited about.
The prospect of picking up a key forward in the draft given the current restrictions would appear to be remote.
I appreciate that there would be many who wouldn't entertain Fevola at any price but without the luxury of a Franklin, Cloke, Riewolt or Hurley it might just work.

Ghost Dog
28-08-2011, 10:20 PM
He's fat. See the photo in the HUN?
The old timers at the club would hate it. They're a pretty conservative bunch.
he used to kick bags like that at Carlton and they still used to lose.
Getting ZERO defensive pressure from a player hitting 30s is not that exciting.

Rocco Jones
28-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I would have him as a maybe if we were contenders but what's the point considering where our list is at. You bring in experienced players for two reasons.

1- Success on the field: Even if things go really well, we won't be realistic contenders until after Fev is completely done as a player.

2- 'Teach the kids': I think Fev kinda fails here!

Sedat
28-08-2011, 10:42 PM
The only time he's ever chased in his life was when he was stuck on 99 goals.

LostDoggy
28-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Even by a long shot if he averaged 3 goals a game, he'd give away 5 goals to the opposition due to zero forward pressure and the nature of rebound football in the modern game.

boydogs
28-08-2011, 11:04 PM
The only time he's ever chased in his life was when he was stuck on 99 goals.

Must have been pretty good then to get to 99.

Remi Moses
28-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Can't believe this subject is even broached.
Not a hope in hell !

Sedat
28-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Must have been pretty good then to get to 99.
Not much point being sole avenue to goal when your team is holding up the rest of the ladder for most of your career.

boydogs
29-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Not much point being sole avenue to goal when your team is holding up the rest of the ladder for most of your career.

Chris Grant says hi.

Sedat
29-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Chris Grant says hi.
Really? Grant played in 7 finals campaigns compared to Fevola's 1. And in those 7 finals campaigns, Grant was never the sole avenue to goal. He shared key forward duties with Galaxy Glenn Coleman early in his career, and then Loaf and James Cook in later finals campaigns.

boydogs
29-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Really? Grant played in 7 finals campaigns compared to Fevola's 1. He saw far more September action than Fevola did.

Matthew Richardson is another that comes to mind.

I'm just saying he was very good at what he did, he offered a lot to his team regardless of his weaknesses.

lemmon
29-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Nope, its time to start developing our own and for me thats Cordy. I dont see why he couldnt be a Kurt Tippet/Brendan Lade type who spends the majority of his time at full forward and gives Roughy a chop out. Cordy at FF, Jones hitting up and Grant as a pacey live wire, if it all comes together it could be quite a tough forward line to match up on with some development.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Some underestimate how good of a player he was. Fair enough to bag him and his lack of defensive game, however in his prime, it was a different kind of game. There's no doubt he was one of the better FF's in recent decades.

I don't think he'd be much good now, and certainly not for us, but Fevola was a champion. Let's not pretend he wasn't.

boydogs
29-08-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't think he'd be much good now, and certainly not for us

His VFL form is becoming hard to ignore. I realise we are in refresh not premiership mode now, but our KPPs still seem a year or two away from being the leading forwards. Is there any benefit to bringing in a cheap mature option to allow them to play 2nd & 3rd fiddle for a while longer? If not Fev, someone else?

westdog54
29-08-2011, 03:44 AM
I wonder if Sockeye has read this thread. His dad always says 'You know you're washed up when you've played Full Forward for Footscray'.

If we were a shot at a flag in the next couple of years, I'd think about it. Next few years are all about development and a nearly 30 full foward with a poor off-field reputation just wouldn't be a good fit.

Chicago1
29-08-2011, 03:46 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/Bumble-Bee-Man-Ay-yi-No-me-gusta.jpg

westdog54
29-08-2011, 03:51 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/Bumble-Bee-Man-Ay-yi-No-me-gusta.jpg

:D I LOLed

LostDoggy
29-08-2011, 08:40 AM
I'll have lake at ff next year :-)

mighty_west
29-08-2011, 08:55 AM
He'd completely mess up the culture of our club but hey, at least the after parties would "go off".

Mantis
29-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Some underestimate how good of a player he was. Fair enough to bag him and his lack of defensive game, however in his prime, it was a different kind of game. There's no doubt he was one of the better FF's in recent decades.

I don't think he'd be much good now, and certainly not for us, but Fevola was a champion. Let's not pretend he wasn't.

Really?

He was a very good player for a few years, but there is no way he is the the term mentioned.... unless you use that word extremely loosely.

Anyway I don't want him... it's time for our young KPP'S to be thrown to the wolves..

MrMahatma
29-08-2011, 09:18 AM
The reason we aren't playing finals this year is because our 2 best players couldn't play. Get Cooney and Lake back next year and we'll climb the ladder significantly.

I'd consider Fev. I don't think it'll happen though.

Scraggers
29-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Simply, No !

Before Barry Hall, we were the highest scoring team in the AFL ... We were multi-dimensional in our avenues to goal. I was a big advocate for not wanting Barry Hall to come to the Bulldogs ... I didn't think we needed him.

I admit Bazza has been really good for us (exceeded my expextations), but I would prefer now to develop Jones and Grant than bring in Fevola.

OLD SCRAGGer
29-08-2011, 10:57 AM
What harm would it do to at least have Fev do a pre season...? He'd cost us bugger all

1eyedog
29-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I'll have lake at ff next year :-)

I would try this, given Marko has locked down FB fairly successfully this year. I think Lake would enjoy the freedom.

With a fit Lake at FF (at least providing a target I am realistic in my expectations but the bloke can clunk a grab) and a half fit Adam Cooney playing I think we'll definitely press for finals next year.

Look at the input from Hawthorn's kids this year. I expect the same from ours next year.

1eyedog
29-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Sockeye has read this thread. His dad always says 'You know you're washed up when you've played Full Forward for Footscray'.
If we were a shot at a flag in the next couple of years, I'd think about it. Next few years are all about development and a nearly 30 full foward with a poor off-field reputation just wouldn't be a good fit.

Barry Hall's 130 odd goals from 35 odd games says hi.

Happy Days
29-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I would try this, given Marko has locked down FB fairly successfully this year. I think Lake would enjoy the freedom.

With a fit Lake at FF (at least providing a target I am realistic in my expectations but the bloke can clunk a grab) and a half fit Adam Cooney playing I think we'll definitely press for finals next year.

Look at the input from Hawthorn's kids this year. I expect the same from ours next year.

How many times do we have to see this not work before we can all come to the conclusion that this won't work.

Mofra
29-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Barry Hall's 130 odd goals from 35 odd games says hi.
Is that the exception or the rule? I'd say the former.

Bulldog Revolution
29-08-2011, 12:30 PM
It would be a massive gamble to take him on given we have a young list and he is cultural cancer.

Fev is dysfunctional and is incapable of being part of a successful AFL team

SlimPickens
29-08-2011, 12:41 PM
How many times do we have to see this not work before we can all come to the conclusion that this won't work.

I think the suggestion of Lake at FF has merit, firstly he'll certainly get the number 1 defender each week and there have been examples of it working in spurts (melb in the wet and freo early at Etihad). I can't see how the suggestion can be dismissed on 10-20mins on the odd week.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Lake wants to play foward. He's said it before.
Players do better where they want to be, more often than not

Remi Moses
29-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Rather us make a play for Butcher. Pointless bringing in a bloke with excess baggage and is 31.

w3design
29-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Rather us make a play for Butcher. Pointless bringing in a bloke with excess baggage and is 31.

Agree Butcher and Jones in the same forward line sounds good to me.

boydogs
29-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Anyway I don't want him... it's time for our young KPP'S to be thrown to the wolves..

If they're not succeeding as 2nd & 3rd fiddles, it will be tough for them as the number 1 target. Another year out of Barry would have been ideal IMO.

Murphy'sLore
29-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Could we keep Bazza on as a forward coach?

Greystache
29-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Or at the very least as goal kicking coach.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Or at the very least as goal kicking coach.

Lloyd made the comment, Barry seems to have gotten better with age.
he must be up around 70 or 80% accuracy, set shots this season.
His action is so balanced, even when snapping on an angle.
Has been an absolute joy to watch the big unit, prowling the forward line in the tri colours.

LostDoggy
29-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Have been hoping the same thing myself - surely there is room at the club for him to mentor our young forwards - Grant, Jones, etc. His experience would be invaluable IMO!

Desipura
29-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Lloyd made the comment, Barry seems to have gotten better with age.
he must be up around 70 or 80% accuracy, set shots this season.
His action is so balanced, even when snapping on an angle.
Has been an absolute joy to watch the big unit, prowling the forward line in the tri colours.

The same LLoyd that said Hall was finished as a footballer some 8 weeks ago. Goes with the flow does Matty

EasternWest
29-08-2011, 05:52 PM
The same LLoyd that said Hall was finished as a footballer some 8 weeks ago. Goes with the flow does Matty

Most posters on WOOF said Hall was cooked 8 weeks ago. By his own admission he's only just getting by each week. Lloyd's not the only one that goes with the flow.

Anyway, Fevola. Do not want.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Most posters on WOOF said Hall was cooked 8 weeks ago. By his own admission he's only just getting by each week. Lloyd's not the only one that goes with the flow.

Anyway, Fevola. Do not want.

I'm thrilled Bazza ended his career / will end it on the battlefield. Not hobbling around
like Brad.

w3design
29-08-2011, 06:53 PM
It would be a massive gamble to take him on given we have a young list and he is cultural cancer.

Fev is dysfunctional and is incapable of being part of a successful AFL team
Well said. I will be extremely disappointed if we take this misfit. I don't believe he can contribut on the field but his repeated immature misdemeanors should rule him out completely.

Maddog37
29-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Watch the way Barry is playing now. No chase, no bending down and not much in the way of repeat efforts. Do we want more of that?

EasternWest
29-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm thrilled Bazza ended his career / will end it on the battlefield.

Agreed. I never truly appreciated just how good he is until he came to the Dogs.

Greystache
29-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Watch the way Barry is playing now. No chase, no bending down and not much in the way of repeat efforts. Do we want more of that?

Compared to a forward line of kids who can't compete physically, or a couple of senior players who don't defend? Yes. We couldn't have a team full of him, but one easily adds more positives than negatives.

It's all irrelevant anyway, he's had enough, so that's that.

On Fev- NO.

Desipura
29-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Compared to a forward line of kids who can't compete physically, or a couple of senior players who don't defend? Yes. We couldn't have a team full of him, but one easily adds more positives than negatives.

It's all irrelevant anyway, he's had enough, so that's that.

On Fev- NO.

I think Barrys form is due in part that he knows the end is near and is enjoying the remaining games he has left.
If he played next year, there is no guarantee his form would be the same.

ledge
29-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Difference is uncomparable, ones kept fit and applied himself all his life the other is a dickhead.

Ghost Dog
30-08-2011, 07:20 AM
I think Barrys form is due in part that he knows the end is near and is enjoying the remaining games he has left.
If he played next year, there is no guarantee his form would be the same.

8 weeks ago, he looked cooked. I think he has been lucky to get through the season.

westdog54
30-08-2011, 07:38 AM
8 weeks ago, he looked cooked. I think he has been lucky to get through the season.

I think its testament to the work he puts into his training, preparation and recovery. There ain't many blokes as far over 30 that can continue to keep up in this game. When you consider that Dustin Fletcher might go on next year, that's a marvel in itself. One can only imagine how hard he must work to keep his fitness up.

Mofra
30-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Yep - and his defensive efforts are non existant. You can perhaps carry 1 forward who doesn't chase that hard, but add another who simply can't catch his opponent (and we would have that with either Gia or Higgins playing forward) and opposition teams that have any decent rebounders will carve us up.
The Hawks destroyed us on the back of Guerra and Puopolo's rebound on the weekend.

bornadog
30-08-2011, 12:06 PM
The Hawks destroyed us on the back of Guerra and Puopolo's rebound on the weekend.

We also played one short in the forward line which made Guerra and Puopolo look better than they should have been.

Mofra
30-08-2011, 12:07 PM
We also played one short in the forward line which made Guerra and Puopolo look better than they should have been.
True, but Gia couldn't get near Guerra on the weekend and Bazza barely chases.

1eyedog
30-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Well at least once I should say. We saw him forward in our NAB Cup campaign in 2010, went quite well. He was thrown forward periodically last year, usually kicked a goal. Started forward against Fremantle(?) in 2010 and kicked 3(?) in the first quarter. Looked okay on the lead.

Your suggestion is......

1eyedog
30-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Is that the exception or the rule? I'd say the former.

Exceptions to the rule have a habit of breaking down long held assumptions fairly quickly

Desipura
31-08-2011, 08:07 AM
True, but Gia couldn't get near Guerra on the weekend and Bazza barely chases.

Great point you make.
Guerra got 26 possies and kicked a goal, in the previous game we played Hawthorn Guerra got over 30 possies.
Gis has has a good season in comparison to a lot of his teammates, some still fail to see this glaring weakness in his game, accountability.
No to Fevola.

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Fail to see? Its pointed out every time he plays a poor one. Like he is the only player in the league that can be unaccountable.

Happy Days
31-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Well at least once I should say. We saw him forward in our NAB Cup campaign in 2010, went quite well. He was thrown forward periodically last year, usually kicked a goal. Started forward against Fremantle(?) in 2010 and kicked 3(?) in the first quarter. Looked okay on the lead.

Your suggestion is......

Swear I posted this already, but I see Lake forward as robbing Peter and then not paying Paul.

Brian's value is as a backman. Even as a third up jumper until he plays his way back into form, he provides more value down back than up forward. He's gotta be one of the worst set shots on goal I've ever seen.

His value up forward only comes as a swing man when catching the other team off guard, with no set opponent and only for short bursts. As per the Freo game, anything we even thought about trying that day was going to turn to gold.

My suggestion? Leave it to Jones/Grant to be "the man" and buckle in for a season or two of pain for long term gain.

ledge
31-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I dont mind Brian going forward, Markovic is coming on okay, our backline was full of kids and it held up pretty well its only going to get better, give Brian a little more freedom occasionally.
Keeps the opposition guessing.

Maddog37
31-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I really think Grant will improve when we start kicking it to him.

Sockeye Salmon
31-08-2011, 05:24 PM

We'll start kicking it to him when he starts leading to the right spots.

Maddog37
31-08-2011, 05:46 PM
The right spot is away from Barry but where do our players kick it all day long??

Hard spot to play the third forward when we have butchers kicking it.

I think Grant is a full forward. Not saying he is going to be good enough but that is what I think he is.

EasternWest
31-08-2011, 06:13 PM
We'll start kicking it to him when he starts leading to the right spots.

Not sure this is fair criticism. There are other aspects of his game that need analysis, but it's hard to lead to the right spots when those right spots are filled by Hall.

Next year we'll get a better idea of whether he can do it or not. By Dog I hope so.

Ghost Dog
31-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Not sure this is fair criticism. There are other aspects of his game that need analysis, but it's hard to lead to the right spots when those right spots are filled by Hall.

Next year we'll get a better idea of whether he can do it or not. By Dog I hope so.

By Dog :D

westdog54
03-09-2011, 04:38 AM

I really think Grant will improve when he stops playing lazy football and actually acts as though he's a professional footballer when he's on the ground.

1eyedog
14-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Jon Ralph on SEN this afternoon mentioned that one Melbourne club had spoken to Fev about doing a preseason. Said if he was a betting man his money is on the Bulldogs, but it sounded like he was clutching at straws.

1eyedog
14-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Jon Ralph on SEN this afternoon mentioned that one Melbourne club had spoken to Fev about doing a preseason. Said if he was a betting man his money is on the Bulldogs, but it sounded like he was clutching at straws.

ABC 24 stated that North and Bulldogs not interested.

It's cool, I'll ask my own questions and answer them on this thread :D

ledge
15-10-2011, 09:31 AM
In the article I read his manager said it was a list manager who rang, we dont have a list manager ;)

Hotdog60
15-10-2011, 10:11 AM
In the article I read his manager said it was a list manager who rang, we don't have a list manager ;)

Speaking of list managers how would Wallet go in this position, don't roast me alive just throwing out there.

ledge
15-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Speaking of list managers how would Wallet go in this position, don't roast me alive just throwing out there.

Easy answer, Wallace had the choice to coach Richmond or the Hawks he said Richmond because the list was much more advanced, the rest is history.
Answer is shithouse.

Hotdog60
15-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Easy answer, Wallace had the choice to coach Richmond or the Hawks he said Richmond because the list was much more advanced, the rest is history.
Answer is shithouse.

There you go, I'll throw that thought back in the box.:)

anfo27
15-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Answer is shithouse.

I tend to think the same way. If he could just coach and have all the list management decisions & recruiting done for him without any input he would have had more success as a coach. Seeing him on tv or hearing him on the radio he makes alot of sense and seems to know what he's talking about but his track record of what he did with the tigers & us suggests to me he would struggle as a list manager.
I could be wrong though as it would be tough with all the responsiblities of a senior coach to be able to make these decisions on recruiting and list management. Maybe if wallet was a list manager full time and did nothing else he could be great at it.

bornadog
15-10-2011, 11:53 AM
. Maybe if wallet was a list manager full time and did nothing else he could be great at it.

I agree he seems to make alot of sense when he talks about players and lists. Football is much more sophisticated now and a coach's life is much easier when you have so many assistants and back up to do the recruitment, list management, contracts and all that admin stuff.

azabob
15-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Answer is shithouse.

In defence of Wallace didn't Pelchin turn the hawks list over massively? If Pelchin & Clarkson were not so aggressive at the trade and draft table they would not have had the success they had.

ledge
15-10-2011, 12:33 PM
In defence of Wallace didn't Pelchin turn the hawks list over massively? If Pelchin & Clarkson were not so aggressive at the trade and draft table they would not have had the success they had.

And my reply to that is Richmond under Wallace did what as far as list is concerned in which Wallace said he wanted control of list.
So Wallace had a list he insisted was better than Hawks and proceeded to make Richmonds worse.

Im sorry but whichever way you look at it Wallace is not a list manager.
As a player he was great, as a coach he bought new ideas to his first club that worked but his ideas didnt update and his best job nowadays is in media.

PS he also has favourites and that in itself is a disaster as proven.

azabob
15-10-2011, 12:40 PM
And my reply to that is Richmond under Wallace did what as far as list is concerned in which Wallace said he wanted control of list.
So Wallace had a list he insisted was better than Hawks and proceeded to make Richmonds worse.

Im sorry but whichever way you look at it Wallace is not a list manager.
As a player he was great, as a coach he bought new ideas to his first club that worked but his ideas didnt update and his best job nowadays is in media.

PS he also has favourites and that in itself is a disaster as proven.

Yeah good calls.

I wasn't in favour of Wallace becoming our list manager just try to provide a counter argument which didn't really provide much of a counter!

ledge
15-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah good calls.

I wasn't in favour of Wallace becoming our list manager just try to provide a counter argument which didn't really provide much of a counter!

The other counter is so Pelchen and Clarkson massively turned a list over and won a flag Wallace thought they had a great list beforehand:D

LostDoggy
15-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I can't wait for the day when we can stop the “Should we get Fev?” posts. I'm all for discussion but hasn't this one been discussed to death?

I can be patient, as I don't think that day is far off.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Who would have thought, no suitors.

LostDoggy
17-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Who would have thought, no suitors.

....when teams can get him for "free" in the other drafts?

bulldogtragic
17-10-2011, 04:04 PM
....when teams can get him for "free" in the other drafts?
no chance.

Remi Moses
17-10-2011, 04:09 PM
The other counter is so Pelchen and Clarkson massively turned a list over and won a flag Wallace thought they had a great list beforehand:D

One was prepared to get his hands dirty and cut the list back
The other is Terry Wallace.
Graham, Bowden, Kingsley I could go on.

LostDoggy
19-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I can't wait for the day when we can stop the “Should we get Fev?” posts. I'm all for discussion but hasn't this one been discussed to death?

I can be patient, as I don't think that day is far off.

Agree. Try and avoid the Bulldogs Facebook page because no matter what the topic is, Fevs name comes into play, and frustrating comments are made. They need to moderate better :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
23-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I watched Fev play here in Darwin today. He had 1 goal at half time and went on to kick 8 for the game. He moves well and really crashes the packs. His work rate was a little questionable, however it was 34 degrees and we're in the build up to the wet season. Wanderers didn't have a suitable big player to play on him so hard to rate his performance.

1eyedog
23-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I watched Fev play here in Darwin today. He had 1 goal at half time and went on to kick 8 for the game. He moves well and really crashes the packs. His work rate was a little questionable, however it was 34 degrees and we're in the build up to the wet season. Wanderers didn't have a suitable big player to play on him so hard to rate his performance.

Does that doesn't he. I think the last time we played them at Etihad with Fev in the team and Lake had Fev goaless at half time, then Judd got hold of a few and Fev kicked 5 or 6 in the second half and led them to an unlikely victory.

No one has ever questioned his football ability.

LostDoggy
24-10-2011, 12:17 AM

I only saw parts of the second quarter and i only saw youtube's online streaming, so i'm not going to go into any details.
The two things, he drew a lot of the ball. They only had 2 or 3 good inside in the 15 minutes i saw but they all went to Fev.
While he may be in decent shape, from just looking at him, he certainly isn't in the peak condition he was at Carlton

jeemak
24-10-2011, 01:47 AM
The last thing we need is another big name, and big ability FF that draws the ball. Fev is an amazingly talented player, sure he's a bit of a wet blanket on the field when things don't go his way but his absolute football talent can never be questioned. We don't need that talent right now.

Barry was similar, but we were seemingly in premiership mode when we got him and things didn't work out. He served our club well, moved on and that's that.

Grant and Jones are also very talented footballers. If we're to get the best out of them as career footballers and build a team around them we need to have them as the focal points at CHF and FF immediately. I don't see this as dropping them in the deep end either, both have attributes if used properly should be enough to secure two goals a game each. They've also played enough football at senior level where that can become the expectation.

If we want Jones and Grant to succeed, we need to improve our ball movement forward and break zones to give them clean use. Each of them is talented enough to capitalise on it. Improve our back six, and our midfield and you'll see these guys prosper.

bornadog
24-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Does that doesn't he. I think the last time we played them at Etihad with Fev in the team and Lake had Fev goaless at half time, then Judd got hold of a few and Fev kicked 5 or 6 in the second half and led them to an unlikely victory.

No one has ever questioned his football ability.

That was three years ago. We smashed them last year and this at Eithad.:)

1eyedog
24-10-2011, 03:02 PM
That was three years ago. We smashed them last year and this at Eithad.:)

I said the last time Fev was in the team.

bornadog
24-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I said the last time Fev was in the team.

yes, sorry.

LostDoggy
25-10-2011, 03:17 PM
I only saw parts of the second quarter and i only saw youtube's online streaming, so i'm not going to go into any details.
The two things, he drew a lot of the ball. They only had 2 or 3 good inside in the 15 minutes i saw but they all went to Fev.
While he may be in decent shape, from just looking at him, he certainly isn't in the peak condition he was at Carlton

Yeah agree regarding the shape he's in. Looked to be carrying a little more weight than he should be. I didn't see any of the last quarter but sounds like he turned it on a bit towards the end. My club plays Waratahs this Sunday (St Marys) but I don't think Fev is playing. Watched Cameron Cloke play against us last week too.