PDA

View Full Version : Dogs' challenging times

BulldogBelle
31-08-2011, 08:18 AM
WESTERN Bulldogs president David Smorgon faces a challenge within weeks as a rival ticket featuring influential club supporter Paul Dimattina intensifies its bid for change.

It's understood the Dimattina forces believe Susan Alberti, a club director and wealthy businesswoman and philanthropist, would be an ideal successor.

Dimattina, a former player and wealthy restaurateur, has been working behind the scenes to secure support and the financial muscle needed to challenge and claim enough members signatures to force an extraordinary general meeting.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dogs-challenging-times-20110830-1jk7n.html#ixzz1WY5u7lUa

BulldogBelle
31-08-2011, 08:23 AM
l don't mind changing the jumper back to 50's 60's style but Not the 70's 80's style.

l am against changing our name back to Footscray. Keep the Western Bulldogs.

We might be in for some messy times ahead.

comrade
31-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Wow, when did I start supporting Richmond?

bornadog
31-08-2011, 10:24 AM
l don't mind changing the jumper back to 50's 60's style but Not the 70's 80's style.

l am against changing our name back to Footscray. Keep the Western Bulldogs.

We might be in for some messy times ahead.

Couldn't agree more, its been what 15 years as Western Bulldogs. That means kids that are now 15 years old, thats all they know, yet they are our future members and we want to now confuse them and change back to Footscray.

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 10:39 AM
For god sake Dimma, put up or shut up !

bornadog
31-08-2011, 10:45 AM
For god sake Dimma, put up or shut up !

I think he is going to put up.

BulldogBelle
31-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Not back to "Footscray" - what is that going to achieve?

Not sure that they are smoking

At least with the name Western Bulldogs we can lay claim to appealing to the population and businesses in the entire Western suburbs region. Not just a suburb where the team started in the 1883 FFS.

bornadog
31-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Not back to "Footscray" - what is that going to achieve?

Not sure that they are smoking

At least with the name Western Bulldogs we can lay claim to appealing to the population and businesses in the entire Western suburbs region. Not just a suburb where the team started in the 1883 FFS.

Maybe we can go back to being called the Prince Imperials.

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Why hasn't he already put up, instead of just rocking the boat, for Pete sake at least get on the boat and start rowing STRONGLY !

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 11:00 AM

I hope he puts up.

We need a major change.

It really pisses me off Smorgo's stance of 'waiting for the right candidate' likes its his role to give the club a clone. Just go and things will figure out for themsleves there.

Sockeye Salmon
31-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Susie? Are you there Susie?

We want Susie
We want Susie
We want Susie ...

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Oooooh, a WOOFer on the board. Wouldn't that be something. ;)

Dry Rot
31-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Susie? Are you there Susie?

We want Susie
We want Susie
We want Susie ...

I want Susie Green.

http://dontfierme.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/susie_essman.jpg

ledge
31-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I think the writers of this story are confused, they obviously have seen the Bulldog website about the poll with the jumper and have just jumped to the conclusion of the name change, I havent heard boo about changing name in the last 5 years.

I found this a strange article, a board changing is way bigger than a jumper change but the jumper change seems to be the main
talking point.

Isnt Susie on the board already?
Is she dissallusioned with David now after being so close over the years?
Is this too late after the Rocket has been shot?
How wierd would it be if Susie got in and sacked Fantasia?
Was Eade not given another contract because he had made his feelings known on Fantasia?
It does seem since Davids been here over the years the football department has suffered.
We just never seemed to get the balance right on the business and football $ percentage right.

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Sadly it looks like the bulldogs are becoming a bit of a rabble.
Changing the name back would be a huge mistake and it seems Dimma is really getting annoying, talking shit and not actually doing anything

Dancin' Douggy
31-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm happy to keep the name but change to the '54 jumper with red and blue hoops on white for the away strip. Done

bornadog
31-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the writers of this story are confused, they obviously have seen the Bulldog website about the poll with the jumper and have just jumped to the conclusion of the name change, I havent heard boo about changing name in the last 5 years.

Ledge if you are heading to Eithad on Saturday you will be confronted with some supporters asking you to sign a petition for a name change. Thats why I started a new thread and poll on it.

ledge
31-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Ledge if you are heading to Eithad on Saturday you will be confronted with some supporters asking you to sign a petition for a name change. Thats why I started a new thread and poll on it.

I will be going but wont be signing, seems to have come out of the blue to me after the jumper idea.

Remi Moses
31-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Agree with other posters. Keep the name and change the jumper.
Might need a change at the top, love Smorgy but I sniff staleness.

ledge
31-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Agree with other posters. Keep the name and change the jumper.
Might need a change at the top, love Smorgy but I sniff staleness.

Nail on the head Remi.

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 03:43 PM
What I don't understand is if Sue Alberti is in Dimma's plans, for god sake just come out and put all the cards on the table. This back stabbing has been going on for months. I might be wrong but I think Smorgo would give his blessing if some one like Sue wanted to be President. Also why wasn't the talked about challenge at the time of the last election followed through. Too much talk and not enough action or my liking.

kruder
31-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I just think we should focus on winning a flag!

The name and jumper isnt the reason we havent made finals this year....

Remi Moses
31-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I just think we should focus on winning a flag!

The name and jumper isnt the reason we havent made finals this year....

Spot on! Why don't we go back to the Tri-colors:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Couldn't agree more, its been what 15 years as Western Bulldogs. That means kids that are now 15 years old, thats all they know, yet they are our future members and we want to now confuse them and change back to Footscray.

I'd keep going BAD.
Fans that were 4-6yo kids at the time and not yet into or understanding football, would now be around the 20yo mark and only know the club as WB.

bornadog
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
I'd keep going BAD.
Fans that were 4-6yo kids at the time and not yet into or understanding football, would now be around the 20yo mark and only know the club as WB.

Yep that is true, didn't think of those guys.

LostDoggy
01-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Spot on! Why don't we go back to the Tri-colors:rolleyes:

And be Champions of the VFA :rolleyes:

hujsh
02-09-2011, 12:16 AM
I'd keep going BAD.

Yeah that's me. Footscray as a name means absolutely nothing to me except it's what 'old' people call the Western Bulldogs every now and then.

Definitely agree we should, leave it alone.