HB: Robert Murphy, Ed Barlow, Liam Picken
C: Jason Tutt, Matthew Boyd, Mitchell Wallis
HF: Jarrad Grant, Liam Jones, Daniel Giansiracusa
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Barry Hall, Jordan Roughead
Foll: Ben Hudson, Callan Ward, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Daniel Cross, Shaun Higgins, Patrick Veszpremi, Thomas Liberatore

Emg: Dylan Addison, Josh Hill, Christian Howard

In: Ben Hudson, Easton Wood, Mitchell Wallis
Out: Dylan Addison, Josh Hill, Ayce Cordy (Hand)

Fremantle

B: Greg Broughton, Luke McPharlin, Antoni Grover
HB: Michael Johnson, Alex Silvagni, Paul Duffield
C: Jayden Pitt, Stephen Hill, Nick Suban
HF: Ryan Crowley, Kepler Bradley, Byron Schammer
F: Jack Anthony, Christopher Mayne, Zachary Clarke
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Michael Barlow, Tendai Mzungu
I/C: Clayton Hinkley, Benjamin Bucovaz, Clancee Pearce, Justin Bollenhagen

Emg: Casey Sibosado, Hamish Shepheard, Joel Houghton

In: Antoni Grover, Benjamin Bucovaz, Justin Bollenhagen, Alex Silvagni, Jayden Pitt
Out: Garrick Ibbotson (Shoulder), Rhys Palmer (Groin), Nathan Fyfe (Shoulder), Peter Faulks (Jaw), Nick Lower (Suspension)
Milestones: Kepler Bradley - 100 games

SlimPickens
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
IN –Hudson Wood Wallis.

OUT – Addison, Hil, Cordy

Probably Hill and Addisons last game for the dogs last week. Was hoping Ward would be dropped, guess the players wanting him to play rang true.

neddie
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
IN –Hudson Wood Wallis.

OUT – Addison, Hil, Cordy

IN-Hudson,Wood,Wallis,Howard,. OUT-wARD,Hill,Cordy,Addison

Mantis
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Is this official?

G-Mo77
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I never thought I'd say this but Hill is very unlucky. Should have been Ward in his place.

bornadog
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM

No Howard is not in and Ward is playing. I have posted the official ins and Outs.

Greystache
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Pretty weak in my opinion, Hill should have kept his place and Ward shouldn't play.

comrade
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Howard is playing in the 2s while we give a GWS player a game. We're a generous bunch at the Whitten Oval.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Pretty weak in my opinion, Hill should have kept his place and Ward shouldn't play.

My only issue with dropping Ward is if he either deluding himself into thinking he might stay and sees us dropping him as one reason to go or he just flat out conveniently uses it as an excuse to leave to his mates. I know it wouldn't work on the fans but you're always biased to your mates and it could affect morale.

One thing I gotta say that annoys me is this view that anyone would leave in Ward's situation. I am sure I am not alone but I am qualified to work in two industries and I have selected a job that gets me much less pay because I actually love it and the place I work. I am not trying to be self righteous and really don't blame people who value money really highly when it comes to work, just that not EVERYONE is like that.

Also, the 'twice' as much argument is BS IMO. I think there is a much bigger difference lifestyle wise between earning say $50k p.a and $100k than their is between earning $450 k and $950. I have heard comments about Ward having a chance to 'buy a house' and all that if he goes to GWS. If you can't live comfortably on $450k than he is dumber than I thought.

One more thing. I don't and won't really hate Ward but 'poor Callan' calls? Please, spare me. Anyone who uses 'poor' or feels sorry for him due to the scenario is seriously extremely naive.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Howard is playing in the 2s while we give a GWS player a game. We're a generous bunch at the Whitten Oval.

If it is 100% known and accepted by all at the club and Ward cannot excuse the dropping as an out then well, I hate to be crass but we are utter bitches.

w3design
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
My only issue with dropping Ward is if he either deluding himself into thinking he might stay and sees us dropping him as one reason to go or he just flat out conveniently uses it as an excuse to leave to his mates. I know it wouldn't work on the fans but you're always biased to your mates and it could affect morale.

One thing I gotta say that annoys me is this view that anyone would leave in Ward's situation. I am sure I am not alone but I am qualified to work in two industries and I have selected a job that gets me much less pay because I actually love it and the place I work. I am not trying to be self riteous and really don't blame people who value money really highly when it comes to work, just that not EVERYONE is like that.

Also, the 'twice' as much argument is BS IMO. I think there is a much bigger difference lifestyle wise between earning say $50k p.a and $100k than their is between earning $450 k and $950. I have heard comments about Ward having a chance to 'buy a house' and all that if he goes to GWS. If you can't life comfortably on $450k than he is dumber than I thought.

One more thing. I don't and won't really hate Ward but 'poor Callan' calls? Please, spare me
. Anyone who uses 'poor' or feels sorry for him due to the scenario is seriously extremely naive.
Thanks for putting my views in a nutshell Rocco. It's frustrating the hell out of me that some are actually feeling sympathy for his 'dilemma'. I don't hate him, he's been my favorite player for a long time, yep I can get that the system has put him in a vile position, but every day people choose loyalty, friendship, and a sense of meaning and purpose, over just financial reward. I'm just sad that Ward isn't one of them.

We are too 'nice' and humble sometimes as a club and supporter group. It's going to be a hollow feeling seeing him run around for us on Saturday.

chef
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM

Yep, very piss poor.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 06:54 PM
We are too 'nice' and humble sometimes as a club and supporter group. It's going to be a hollow feeling seeing him run around for us on Saturday.

Like anything that with a history of struggle, we have a bit of a messiah complex whenever someone that anything of note for us. We gush over our gun. Wow! They are so good and they still decide to play for little old us! Aren't we so lucky to have them!

chef
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM

One thing I gotta say that annoys me is this view that anyone would leave in Ward's situation. I am sure I am not alone but I am qualified to work in two industries and I have selected a job that gets me much less pay because I actually love it and the place I work. I am not trying to be self riteous and really don't blame people who value money really highly when it comes to work, just that not EVERYONE is like that.

Also, the 'twice' as much argument is BS IMO. I think there is a much bigger difference lifestyle wise between earning say $50k p.a and $100k than their is between earning $450 k and $950. I have heard comments about Ward having a chance to 'buy a house' and all that if he goes to GWS. If you can't life comfortably on $450k than he is dumber than I thought.

One more thing. I don't and won't really hate Ward but 'poor Callan' calls? Please, spare me. Anyone who uses 'poor' or feels sorry for him due to the scenario is seriously extremely naive.

Great post Rocco.

I am in the same boat, as I could earn 2 to 3 times as much money returning to work in Melbourne but there is more to my life than money.

Greystache
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM

He's gone, and I'm sure it will come out in time he signed quite some time ago. Everything since has just been a massive waste of the clubs time and resources trying to convince a bloke who will put money before everything else to stay for less.

Agree, the poor Callan calls- spare me. If he valued home, family, friends, or loyalty to his club in front of money he'd have joined the long long list of players who turned down the once in a lifetime offer, he didn't so obviously money will make him happy. That's fine but don't take the money and then ask for sympathy too.

As for the claims it's a chance to buy a house and set himself up for life, he'll finish playing footy at 30 or so, people are making out like he'll never earn another dollar in his lifetime, Christ surely even a "cement head" is capable of finding some form of gainful employment post football, especially given the contacts you make and capital you can put together during your AFL career.

As I said, I think playing him makes us look weak as a club, and shows the player that they're running the show and loyalty doesn't mean much.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Great post Rocco.

I am in the same boat, as I could earn 2 to 3 times as much money returning to work in Melbourne but there is more to my life than money.

Shows a lot about our society that it's seen as fanciful to suggest anyone would reject the GWS offer.

I don't hate Ward but I do hate the fact that he is going to wear our jumper on Saturday.

DOG GOD
01-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Not suprising. If Ward is only playing for group morale than that is a pathetic excuse from the MC. HE wont be there next year. A guy playing in the 2nds will be. Its a no brainer for me.

Ward has been my fave player since coming on the scene, but all this is just too much for me. I will HATE watching him in that hideous jumper and i hope he (like Nathan Brown) wastes the rest of his days playing AFL in a celler dweller club.

We can only hope.

I also agree with you Rocco. I have to, knocked back a larger sum of money coz i am happy in the job i am doing. Its nice to know there are people like us out there.

Topdog
01-09-2011, 07:05 PM
He's gone, and I'm sure it will come out in time he signed quite some time ago. Everything since has just been a massive waste of the clubs time and resources trying to convince a bloke who will put money before everything else to stay for less.

Agree, the poor Callan calls- spare me. If he valued home, family, friends, or loyalty to his club in front of money he'd have joined the long long list of players who turned down the once in a lifetime offer, he didn't so obviously money will make him happy. That's fine but don't take the money and then ask for sympathy too.

As for the claims it's a chance to buy a house and set himself up for life, he'll finish playing footy at 30 or so, people are making out like he'll never earn another dollar in his lifetime, Christ surely even a "cement head" is capable of finding some form of gainful employment post football, especially given the contacts you make and capital you can put together during your AFL career.

As I said, I think playing him makes us look weak as a club, and shows the player that they're running the show and loyalty doesn't mean much.

But we don't know he is gone, we assume it. It will never come out that he signed before because it is against the rules, again we can assume it but not know it.

If the club believe there is a 1% chance that he will re-sign than he should play.

Also agree about the laughable poor Callan calls. Even more so now that the players will be getting $28k per year they play as a retirement bonus with this new deal. $280,000 to say goodbye aint bad after earning $600,000 a year for the previous 10.

ledge
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
This is all going to look pretty silly if he announces before the game he is staying because he loves the club.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
But we don't know he is gone, we assume it. It will never come out that he signed before because it is against the rules, again we can assume it but not know it.

If the club believe there is a 1% chance that he will re-sign than he should play.

Also agree about the laughable poor Callan calls. Even more so now that the players will be getting $28k per year they play as a retirement bonus with this new deal. $280,000 to say goodbye aint bad after earning $600,000 a year for the previous 10.

I agree with your 1% call. We are all biased to our mates and it can give Callan Ward a very convenient out.

'Poor Callan' calls must be coming from people who really lack perspective.

w3design
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
We do look weak and foolish too by playing him. 'No hard feelings, mate. You've turned your back on the club you used to catch the bus to as a 17 yr old. But no worries, run around for one last time with your "mates".' It's just not a good look.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
This is all going to look pretty silly if he announces before the game he is staying because he loves the club.

Is that the join presser with Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Jesus?

bornadog
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I agree with your 1% call. We are all biased to our mates and it can give Callan Ward a very convenient out.

'Poor Callan' calls must be coming from people who really lack perspective.

You know I am over Ward. It will be nice to finish the season with a win, although we are playing Freo thirds who have 20 plus injuries on their list.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
You know I am over Ward. It will be nice to finish the season with a win, although we are playing Freo thirds who have 20 plus injuries on their list.

I am pretty much over him too. I just don't like he that he is playing and even more so, that our fans are actually feeling sorry for him. It's really pathetic and weak IMO and whatever my club is, I am proud of it, as I know you are.

I agree with your sentiment bornadog. Saturday isn't about Callan Ward. It's about Barry Hall, Ben Hudson and Mitch Hahn.

Doc26
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM

True Ledge although IF the Club do happen to know that he IS leaving for GWS then there is no way he should be playing at the expense of exposing one of our kids.

His selection can only mean that the Club have not been informed of his intentions and there is still a chance of retaining him (as if), short of this we have total buffoons leading our MC who shouldn't be there.

If I ever find out that the Club were informed of his departure and still elected to play him this week with nothing on the line other than a development opportunity for a kid then I will totally spew up to go with my other spew ups.

Maddog37
01-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Like anything that with a history of struggle, we have a bit of a messiah complex whenever someone that anything of note for us. We gush over our gun. Wow! They are so good and they still decide to play for little old us! Aren't we so lucky to have them!

Interesting view Rocco. Collingwood have been succesful yet they still have Buckley as a messiah.

Not sure you are on the money with that one as all clubs love their greats.

Remi Moses
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
I never thought I'd say this but Hill is very unlucky. Should have been Ward in his place.

Agree, thought Hill was good last week!
Ward should not be playing, he could be booed .

Remi Moses
01-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Spot on Rocco. We laud individuals way to much

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2011, 08:44 PM
As comrade said, we play Ward and leave Howard out of the side?

No wonder we don't win shit.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Interesting view Rocco. Collingwood have been succesful yet they still have Buckley as a messiah.

Not sure you are on the money with that one as all clubs love their greats.

Of course clubs with succesful histories love their greats (although Buckley example goes someway to prove my point, they were unsuccessful for a very long time before him as well as while he was playing).

Essendon love Hird, Collingwood love Buckley but we thank the gods that Bubba Smith never left!

Spot on Rocco. We laud individuals way to much

Lack of success means you can't love teams of a particular era so you have to settle for individuals. How often do you hear our fans say 'well our teams haven't been successful but boy have we have champion players!'.

Raw Toast
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't hate Ward but I do hate the fact that he is going to wear our jumper on Saturday.

Yup - I find it inconceivable that he will play on Saturday. I want to farewell the three H's, not have to deal with the distractions of another T (or J if you like) being booed.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Yup - I find it inconceivable that he will play on Saturday. I want to farewell the three H's, not have to deal with the distractions of another T (or J if you like) being booed.

Maybe Callan Ward can think about someone who isn't Callan Ward. I don't boo because being an alternative wanker I think I am above such typical mass actions but I also won't blame our fans who poor their hard earned into the club for doing so.

Ward I don't hate you but the club isn't just about you and your mates. You are holding the jumper and the club in contempt by playing.

Greystache
01-09-2011, 09:05 PM

It'll be interesting to see which clubs play players this weekend who go to GWS. I think we'll be one of the few, if not the only club that does. Goes to show how highly we respect ourselves.

azabob
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Since Williams took over as coach the one consistent message he has always said is "its not about me it is about what is best for this football club"

Playing Ward this Saturday must be what is best for the club? :rolleyes:

If he is playing make him the SUB....

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
It'll be interesting to see which clubs play players this weekend who go to GWS. I think we'll be one of the few, if not the only club that does. Goes to show how highly we respect ourselves.

Ward and his 'mates' want him to play. For once Ward needs to realise the club isn't just about him and his mates. He is holding the club in utter contempt by playing on Saturday.

I am over Ward in isolation. He hasn't really proven himself. Securing him would have meant sacrificing a chunk of our cap and we get two 1st rounders. What I really hate and can't get over is how meek and pathetic the club looks in this situation.

azabob
01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Maybe Callan Ward can think about someone who isn't Callan Ward. I don't boo because being an alternative wanker I think I am above such typical mass actions but I also won't blame our fans who poor their hard earned into the club for doing so.

Ward I don't hate you but the club isn't just about you and your mates. You are holding the jumper and the club in contempt by playing.

Well summed up Rocco.

It will be a very flat atmosphere on Saturday.

Mantis
01-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Who are the other likely GWS recruits who might be in action?... I see Palmer is out with a 'groin' injury.

Mantis
01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Since Williams took over as coach the one consistent message he has always said is "its not about me it is about what is best for this football club"

Playing Ward this Saturday must be what is best for the club? :rolleyes:

That's crap anyway.

He coached the team last week like he was trying to limit our losses by playing numbers behind the ball.

If he is playing make him the SUB....

So he can be booed when he is activated?

Greystache
01-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Who are the other likely GWS recruits who might be in action?... I see Palmer is out with a 'groin' injury.

Mitch Clark is also out again this week at Brisbane

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 09:18 PM

Mitch Clark is also out again this week at Brisbane

I was thinking the same.

azabob
01-09-2011, 09:19 PM
That's crap anyway.

He coached the team last week like he was trying to limit our losses by playing numbers behind the ball.

If he is going to be booed, he will be booed regardless.

Greystache
01-09-2011, 09:22 PM

He'll get booed either way, which will piss the players off, which defeats the point of playing him to keep the players happy in the first place.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
He'll get booed either way, which will piss the players off, which defeats the point of playing him to keep the players happy in the first place.

The players must really hold us in contempt if they think it's appropriate for him to play. That's us as a club though, desperate.

w3design
01-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I wish there was an option for a silent form of protest or a more dignified way to show that as supporters we deserve better. Booing seems ugly and childish. But this is what the club is risking.

Doc26
01-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Assuming Ward has departed, what does playing him tell our kids left at Willy this week ? What message does it send them regarding the value we as a Club place on having to earn the privilege of wearing the great red, white and blue ? At our core we are not here to maintain bleeding friendships across the playing group.

Get ruthless Dogs.

Bulldog through and through, if the speculation is correct then what a joke this Club is in selecting him. Callan has dissolved his right and privilege to go out on his terms. Let's leave that privilege to Mitch, Ben and Barry and cast Callan off to drown in his manufactured money pit s.hole.

1eyedog
01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Western Bulldogs, I think the tribe has spoken.

Mofra
01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I never thought I'd say this but Hill is very unlucky.
Agree - I actually thought Hill was quite good last week

Sedat
01-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Agree - I actually thought Hill was quite good last weekI had him as our 2nd best player last week :o

Can only echo the thoughts of everyone else in relation to selecting Ward. We are a meek, mild, submissive football club at the moment.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM

Yep - a really strange decision.

We just have no justification in anything we're doing at the moment.

Rocco Jones
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM

I had him as our 2nd best player last week :o

I forgot that in my Ward anger.

Hill was picked to get another crack, has a very promising game and then gets dropped! Our club is a joke at the moment.

LostDoggy
01-09-2011, 11:31 PM

While she might be warming up the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

So much negativity on this forum these days since the rocket departure. I will be supporting the dogs on the weekend and would love us to win. I will cheer any bloke in our colours that is contributing on the day. Players move clubs sometimes and coaches get replaced. The show goes on and if we get a good run on next year or the year after then thoughts of injustice and poor management will fade.

If all else fails.. Pull out the video of N Brown breaking his leg ;)

Dry Rot
01-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Bit sad that everything about the last round has become about Ward leaving.

For me, it is our last game for 2011.

We are farewelling two great players and surely want to finish on a good note.

Ditto an aspiring caretaker coach wants to do as ell as he can. Also see what Hardwick thinks about his last round match. http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122426/default.aspx

Ward is contracted to play with us till the end of season 2011. He is in our best 22.

Play him, hammer Freo, and give Hall and Hudson the best send off possible.

And finish the season on a good note.

comrade
01-09-2011, 11:52 PM

Ditto an aspiring caretaker coach wants to do as ell as he can. Also see what Hardwick thinks about his last round match. http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122426/default.aspx

Ward is contracted to play with us till the end of season 2011. He is in our best 22.

It's a funny time for you to become Mr. Positivity :)

azabob
01-09-2011, 11:52 PM

Well said DR.

Dry Rot
02-09-2011, 12:03 AM
It's a funny time for you to become Mr. Positivity :)

Not Mr Positivity, we are in for a few years in what Peter Mannion* calls the Shit Room.

I'm being Mr Respect for Hall and Hudson for the our last game of 2011.

* For fans of The Thick of it.

comrade
02-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Not Mr Positivity, we are in for a few years in what Peter Mannion* calls the Shit Room.

I'm being Mr Respect for Hall and Hudson for the our last game of 2011.

* For fans of The Thick of it.

Yeah, fair call. I hate the fact I'm struggling to get up for the last game of two of my absolute favourite players.

The last few weeks have been some of the shittiest in a long time.

kruder
02-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Hill out and Ward still in? One thing you can say about the current Regime is that they are predictable!

I was hoping Williams would make a statement, but unfortunatley the easy decisions have continued to be made.

Good luck Josh in your future endevours.

Mofra
02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I was hoping Williams would make a statement, but unfortunatley the easy decisions have continued to be made.
With all due respect for Williams, I'm not sure he's helped his slim chances of being the senior coach next year at all.

ReLoad
02-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I forgot that in my Ward anger.

Hill was picked to get another crack, has a very promising game and then gets dropped! Our club is a joke at the moment.

What if Josh has said, thats it im out of here and was dropped accordingly?

Flamethrower
02-09-2011, 10:54 AM

One thing I gotta say that annoys me is this view that anyone would leave in Ward's situation. I am sure I am not alone but I am qualified to work in two industries and I have selected a job that gets me much less pay because I actually love it and the place I work. I am not trying to be self righteous and really don't blame people who value money really highly when it comes to work, just that not EVERYONE is like that.

Also, the 'twice' as much argument is BS IMO. I think there is a much bigger difference lifestyle wise between earning say $50k p.a and $100k than their is between earning $450 k and $950. I have heard comments about Ward having a chance to 'buy a house' and all that if he goes to GWS. If you can't live comfortably on $450k than he is dumber than I thought.

Well said Rocco.

Money is easy come, easy go.....mateships are forever, especially when they are combined with a premiership.

Topdog
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
I like that 60 posts worth of anger has missed the fact that it is Round 24, not 22 :)

bornadog
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I like that 60 posts worth of anger has missed the fact that it is Round 24, not 22 :)

Whoops thats my fault:o Mods please change the heading

the banker
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
The most important selections this week are B Hall and B Hudson. Two players who on leaving other Clubs came to the Dogs and became loved and lauded heroes of the members and supporters. I would note that neither of their previous clubs express animosity towards them. Bazza in particular is rightly still a hero at the Swans.

We should forget the frustrations and disappointments of the Ward situation tomorrow, save our venting up for next year. Let's make sure we are there to celebrate and cheer Bazza and The People's Beard and Mitch Hahn if he makes an appearance.

It's our last game for the year. A win and lots of cheering for the retirees and our up and coming new generation players is in order

LostDoggy
02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
The most important selections this week are B Hall and B Hudson. Two players who on leaving other Clubs came to the Dogs and became loved and lauded heroes of the members and supporters. I would note that neither of their previous clubs express animosity towards them. Bazza in particular is rightly still a hero at the Swans.

We should forget the frustrations and disappointments of the Ward situation tomorrow, save our venting up for next year. Let's make sure we are there to celebrate and cheer Bazza and The People's Beard and Mitch Hahn if he makes an appearance.

It's our last game for the year. A win and lots of cheering for the retirees and our up and coming new generation players is in order
Mitch is being interviewed on te ground at 1:30, hope he is also involved at the end of the game, he has been great for us also.

Mitcha
02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Mitch is being interviewed on te ground at 1:30, hope he is also involved at the end of the game, he has been great for us also.
Along with Steve Kretiuk one of the most underated players ever to have worn the tricolours. It's always sad to say goodbye to players who have given so much to our football club.

Maddog37
02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Along with Steve Kretiuk one of the most underated players ever to have worn the tricolours. It's always sad to say goodbye to players who have given so much to our football club.

I tend to agree. I love watching him play. It is a joy to watch him attack the contest. You just wonder what if when Barry broke his jaw. He was flying at the time.

Sedat
02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I tend to agree. I love watching him play. It is a joy to watch him attack the contest. You just wonder what if when Barry broke his jaw. He was flying at the time.
I reckon the knee in jury he copped in 2006 was the worst type of injury for a player of his size who already wasn't overly blessed with leg speed. That first half of his 2006 season was his best patch for his career - he was outstanding with his defensive pressure.

1eyedog
03-09-2011, 12:03 AM
I reckon the knee in jury he copped in 2006 was the worst type of injury for a player of his size who already wasn't overly blessed with leg speed. That first half of his 2006 season was his best patch for his career - he was outstanding with his defensive pressure.

Agreed. He was kicking goals too. He did it in Brisbane didn't he?

Ghost Dog
03-09-2011, 09:51 AM

From 2009 I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Li4TvOWB0&feature=related

Could watch this on a loop

I sure wish we had a firing Mitch Hahn now.

divvydan
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
No changes #afldogsfreo. Subs are Shaun Higgins for the Dogs, and Justin Bollenhagen for Fremantle.

AndrewP6
03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
No changes #afldogsfreo. Subs are Shaun Higgins for the Dogs, and Justin Bollenhagen for Fremantle.

McPharlin was replaced by Sibosado