PDA

View Full Version : Round #24 - Slaps and Sledges

GVGjr
03-09-2011, 04:36 PM
You all know the drill by now
A Slap on the back for a couple of players
A Sledge for a couple who under performed.

bornadog
03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Slap - Barry Hall, great way to finish his career with 5

Slap - Huddo, same number of tap outs as Sandilands and has given his all to the club

Slap - Griffen, his dashes and long kicking was back.

Slap - Dahlhaus - what a little terrier, an excitement machine

Sledge - The whole team for a shocking year.

PedroArvy
03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Slap - Cross, gutsy and took some blows but kept on going

Remi Moses
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Slap- Barry ( wonderful career finished strongly)
Slap- Veszpremi( showed his got the ability, now needs a tank)
Slap- Beard( great warrior and massively underrated)
Slap- Freo ( guard of honor for our warriors)
Slap- Our young guys ( like the look of our batch)

Sledge- Our Kicking which is atrocious
Sledge- The Football club for dishing up utter shite all season( off field and on Field)
Please recruit footballers who can friggin kick
Please give us a List Manager and beef up recruiting Pleeeeeease!

G-Mo77
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Slap - Cross' effort after he got hurt in the second. Trainers picked him up and dusted him off, then went and laid 2 - 3 tackles and caused a turn over.

Slap - Huddo. In an ugly, ugly game Huddo made it entertaining. Constantly getting stuck into Freo's players which caused them to lose their cool.

Sledge - Ward. He has played "Bruise Free" footy for the last 2 weeks. See ya!

EasternWest
03-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Seconded. The guy can't even spell fear.

Remi Moses
03-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Ditto, that hit in front of me with the South African kid was like a car crash!(anyone who says this game is soft has no idea)
Sledge - Callan 2nd gear Ward, talk about bruise free
I'm over money bags, just hope he gets a feel for his environment by getting an American Pitbul and a gun

bornadog
03-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm over money bags, just hope he gets a feel for his environment by getting an American Pitbul and a gun

Now that is funny:D

GVGjr
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Slap - Some of the efforts by Cross were sensational
Slap - Murphy and Griffen's decisive play
Slap - Sandilands somehow stuffing up when goals were there for the taking.

Sledge - Brilliant conditions but we couldn't draw a crowd
Sledge - Skill execution

Doc26
03-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Spot on Pedro. For a dead rubber game Crossy still left nothing, he is such a fearless warrior.

Bulldog Revolution
03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Slap - Griffen - on a complete other level than the rest of the game
Slap - Marko and Barlow - not the biggest names but held it together well and had some nice moments

Doc26
03-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Sledge - David Smorgon. May not be a popular sledge but after he eventually rolled up to the Victory Room with a few minutes to spare before today's game, his address came across as very defensive and unconvincing.

I've been a big David supporter and have often left chest pumping following his speeches, this time round I was left uninspired and now find myself questioning his current leadership.

Maybe he just had an off day.

Bulldog Revolution
03-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Slap - Sandilands somehow stuffing up when goals were there for the taking.

Looked like he couldn't kick because of his injury - shame for him and them, handy for us

Sedat
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Sledge - David Smorgon. May not be a popular sledge but after he eventually rolled up to the Victory Room with a few minutes to spare before today's game, his address came across as very defensive and unconvincing.
You want defensive and unconvincing? You should have heard the SEN interview by James Fantasia at about 12.30pm earlier today. No wonder the club has kept him virtually anonymous for most of his tenure.

SLAP - Cross for his maniacal attack on the ball. He'd be forgiven for taking a few backward steps with his contract status very much unresolved but that's not his way.

SLAP - Griffen for his telling run and carry and ball use to deliver inside 50.

SLEDGE - the match. One of the worst games of football I've seen. Livened up at the end by Baz but it was an awful spectacle by 2 injury decimated teams outside the 8.

KT31
04-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Slap - Bazza, if only we were smart enough to pick you at the start.
Slap - Huddo, if only we were smart enough to pick you at the start.
Slap - Boyd and Griff, if we had more heart like these blokes we would be contenders.

Sledge - to all the members who will drop off now that we won't be top four the next couple of years.

bornadog
04-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Maybe he just had an off day.

Maybe he just had enough.

Ozza
05-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Slap - Gia's checkside pass to Baz late in the day - very classy and quick thinking.
Slap - Griff showing a bit a class in a match that didn't feature a great deal of it.
Slap - Vezspremi - a lot of enthusiasm and worked hard - some good signs from him.
Slap - Wallis - finally played in a winning game - and had a very good second half. Think he may be a half back flanker like his old man was (or at least how Wal' Senior finished).

Sledge - Just the overall poor standard of the first 3 quarters...painful to watch.

the banker
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
SLAP Thought ALL the young guys did well. No-one looked out of place. Promise there
SLAP Baz and the Beard. Great last quarter from both. Class exit from both guys
SLAP D Cross. Inspirartional efforts. I have been questioning his place - what was I thinking.
SLAP Griff looked a class above everyone else.

SlimPickens
05-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Slap- Bazza and Huddo's last qtr. A joy to watch
Slap- Vez- played a very good game. Nice converting as well.
Slap- Cross very brave

Sledge- Playing Cal Ward
Sledge- Boyds ball use, was very poor.

LostDoggy
05-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Ditto, that hit in front of me with the South African kid was like a car crash!(anyone who says this game is soft has no idea)
Sledge - Callan 2nd gear Ward, talk about bruise free

Not PC but gee, thanks for the smile Remi! Needed something to smile about today.

LostDoggy
05-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Slap - Bazza - thanks for the last 2 years and a great way to say goodbye
Slap - Huddo - what a great way to finish off your career
Slap - Cross - say what you want, but he gives his all and knows no fear
Sledge - the MC for playing Ward who didn't look interested at all (bruise-free - good way to describe it)