PDA

View Full Version : Other clubs delistings.

chef
07-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Nathan Ablett, Michael Coad, Marc Lock, and Jack Stanlake along with rookie listed players Roland Ah Chee, Jake Crawford, Jack Stanley and Joel Tippett have all been delisted by the Suns.

Would any of them be worth a look?

I thought Coad looked alright(as a KPD) and am surprised they delisted him.

EDIT. Can a MOD put this in the AFL forum please.

SlimPickens
07-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Nathan Ablett, Michael Coad, Marc Lock, and Jack Stanlake along with rookie listed players Roland Ah Chee, Jake Crawford, Jack Stanley and Joel Tippett have all been delisted by the Suns.

Would any of them be worth a look?

I thought Coad looked alright(as a KPD) and am surprised they delisted him.

EDIT. Can a MOD put this in the AFL forum please.

Agree on Coad but 2 hamstring tendon injuries at 27 years old was always going to go against him.

LostDoggy
07-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Agree on Coad but 2 hamstring tendon injuries at 27 years old was always going to go against him.

Is Tippett the brother of Kurt?

BulldogBelle
07-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Is Tippett the brother of Kurt?

Yes he is

Arent they from the Gold Coast? - A local boy ditched by his local club

Happy Days
08-09-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/five-fremantle-axings-just-the-start/story-fn69a32t-1226132049238

From the outside looking in, Hinkley's a bit surprising, the others seem about correct weight. Bucovaz in particular looked especially useless against us last week.

mjp (or anyone else who knows much about the WAFL), any value here?

mjp
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/five-fremantle-axings-just-the-start/story-fn69a32t-1226132049238

From the outside looking in, Hinkley's a bit surprising, the others seem about correct weight. Bucovaz in particular looked especially useless against us last week.

No. And now my reply is more than 4 characters!

Scraggers
08-09-2011, 08:57 PM

Hinkley struggled at WAFL level ... He was good, he wasn't great. I would expect a player worth picking up would dominate at this level.
The only reason he got a game was that the Dockers ran out of players.

Scraggers
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
No. And now my reply is more than 4 characters!

Funny !!

bornadog
08-09-2011, 11:52 PM
NORTH Melbourne football department has completed its post-season player interviews.

Following players have been delisted:

Ed Lower, Ben Ross and Brayden Norris plus the rookie listed Marcus White and Matthew Scott.

LostDoggy
09-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Most, if not all, heavily affected by injuries during their time with North.

bornadog
09-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Most, if not all, heavily affected by injuries during their time with North.

I was under the impression the Ed Lower could play a bit, but don't hold me to that. Maybe they got sick of waiting for his injuries to heal.

Ghost Dog
09-09-2011, 10:10 AM
If Essendon delisted Gumbleton, would anyone have a bite? Back spasms might see him out again this week

1eyedog
09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I was under the impression the Ed Lower could play a bit, but don't hold me to that. Maybe they got sick of waiting for his injuries to heal.

Agreed is he worth a look?

If Essendon delisted Gumbleton, would anyone have a bite? Back spasms might see him out again this week

I have no confidence that this bloke will ever get on the park again. Showed signs didn't he when he consistently got out there but his affilcitions will work heavily against him. A waste of a high pick in a strong draft through no real fault of his own.

Desipura
09-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Essendon would never delist him unless he was injured for another 2 years.

The Doctor
09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
can't see anything in the delistings thus far that are worth considering.

I wonder when we are going to announce ours?

OLD SCRAGGer
09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
can't see anything in the delistings thus far that are worth considering.

I wonder when we are going to announce ours?

Was talking to Peter Dean yesterday & I asked him that very question and he said that wouldn't happen until NEW coach was announced!!

LostDoggy
09-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Was talking to Peter Dean yesterday & I asked him that very question and he said that wouldn't happen until NEW coach was announced!!

Peter Dean might be a delisting himself since he is uncontracted ATM.

LostDoggy
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Brisbane Lions - Xavier Clarke, Matt Austin, Broc McCauley and Bary McCulloch. Also, Mitch Clark has officially requested a trade away from the club.

No, no, no, no and yes depending

mjp
11-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Mitch Clark will be at Fremantle.

Desipura
12-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Mitch Clark will be at Fremantle.

No disrespect to you as I know you have your sources however how can you say that when 2 teams have to agree to the deal?
Then there are the players involved and perhaps draft choices.

GVGjr
12-09-2011, 08:14 AM
No disrespect to you as I know you have your sources however how can you say that when 2 teams have to agree to the deal?
Then there are the players involved and perhaps draft choices.

The player has indicated that he only wants to go to Freo (WC not an option) and I believe both Freo and Brisbane will be realistic.

chef
12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Brisbane Lions - Xavier Clarke, Matt Austin, Broc McCauley and Bary McCulloch. Also, Mitch Clark has officially requested a trade away from the club.

No, no, no, no and yes depending

He looked alright in the preseason, a very mobile ruck which we need.

Desipura
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
The player has indicated that he only wants to go to Freo (WC not an option) and I believe both Freo and Brisbane will be realistic.
I know the player has expressed an interest to go to Freo, my question is how can MJP say he is going to Fremantle when there is alot of water to go under the bridge before the deal is done.

Mofra
12-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I know the player has expressed an interest to go to Freo, my question is how can MJP say he is going to Fremantle when there is alot of water to go under the bridge before the deal is done.
Is that any different to stating definitively a player "wont make it"?

MJP has sources IIRC.

mjp
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Most of the water is already under the bridge from what I understand.

That said Desi, I have been wrong before (and often). My main point was that he isn't coming to play for us...

Topdog
12-09-2011, 11:26 AM

OK then. He is going to Freo or staying at Brisbane. Happy now?

Desipura
12-09-2011, 02:02 PM
OK then. He is going to Freo or staying at Brisbane. Happy now?
Happy that MJP answered the question that I directed to him, not you.

Desipura
12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Is that any different to stating definitively a player "wont make it"?

MJP has sources IIRC.
It is when the players mentioned are Hooper and Mulligan.
I stated previously that MJP has his sources, you obviously did not read that bit.

Mofra
12-09-2011, 02:53 PM
It is when the players mentioned are Hooper and Mulligan.

Oh ok then :rolleyes:

Desipura
12-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Oh ok then :rolleyes:
thats right, some get a little precious on here. Back at ya :rolleyes:

Mofra
12-09-2011, 03:05 PM
thats right, some get a little precious on here. Back at ya :rolleyes:
I don't think pointing out amusing (to the rest of us) levels of hypocrisy is "precious", but whatever float your boat champ :cool:

1eyedog
12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Sticks and stones will break my bones but emoticons will never hurt me:D