PDA

View Full Version : farren ray

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Story in todays west australian suggesting freo are chasing farren ray. They are after midfield speed. Give them mcmahon aswell. Hopefully haselby or ryan murphy arnt in the deal. Haselby is finished and murphy is another macdougall. Robert walnock might be worth looking at though (doubt they would let him go)

westdog54
04-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Story in todays west australian suggesting freo are chasing farren ray. They are after midfield speed. Give them mcmahon aswell. Hopefully haselby or ryan murphy arnt in the deal. Haselby is finished and murphy is another macdougall. Robert walnock might be worth looking at though (doubt they would let him go)

I don't know about giving them McMahon. If he's going anywhere he's home to South Australia.

But with Ray possibly wanting go home, and Pavlich rumored to be wanting to head home to South Australia, does this open up opportunities for us to cash in on a three-way trade?

mjp
04-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Pavlich re-signed WD. 3 years I think.

bornadog
04-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't know about giving them McMahon. If he's going anywhere he's home to South Australia.

But with Ray possibly wanting go home, and Pavlich rumored to be wanting to head home to South Australia, does this open up opportunities for us to cash in on a three-way trade?

Pavlich just signed a deal, I don't think he is going anywhere.

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 01:38 PM
would be lucky to get draft pick 20-35 for farren. cant see freo giving much more than that. mark seaby might be available for trade from eagles

bornadog
04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
would be lucky to get draft pick 20-35 for farren. cant see freo giving much more than that. mark seaby might be available for trade from eagles

Seaby would be worth chasing.

GVGjr
04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
West Coast haven't got a lot of ruckmen so they would be unlikely to part with him

bornadog
04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
West Coast haven't got a lot of ruckmen so they would be unlikely to part with him

Maybe he is looking at coming to Melbourne?

GVGr, what do you think of Paul Hasleby, he is still only 26 years old and Freo have asked him to take a pay cut? Could Farren be a direct swap?

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
wouldnt touch haselby. he is slow and injury prone. cross, west , boyd can do haselby's job.

DOG GOD
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
if freo wanted farren and farren WANTED to go, then i would want freo's pick 7 as a straight swap.

DOG GOD
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
as for haselby or murphy...FORGET IT!!!!

GVGjr
04-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe he is looking at coming to Melbourne?

GVGr, what do you think of Paul Hasleby, he is still only 26 years old and Freo have asked him to take a pay cut? Could Farren be a direct swap?

I don't mind him as footballer but....
1) He isn't super fit
2) He isn't quick which is a trait of some of our existing midfielders
3) He might play his best footy in the west

On the plus side he can get a lot of the ball.

I think if we are to trade Ray, and for that matter McMahon, then we need to look at a ruckman and/or a key position player.

GVGjr
04-09-2007, 02:01 PM
if freo wanted farren and farren WANTED to go, then i would want freo's pick 7 as a straight swap.

Pretty sure they would knock that one back DG. There is a heap of talented local boys from the West in the draft and they would be keen to snare at least one of them.

DOG GOD
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Pretty sure they would knock that one back DG. There is a heap of talented local boys from the West in the draft and they would be keen to snare at least one of them.

thats very true, but i think the dogs would be stupid to let farren go for less than a top 10 pick.

southerncross
04-09-2007, 02:26 PM
thats very true, but i think the dogs would be stupid to let farren go for less than a top 10 pick.

I don't think we should let him go but if he wanted to then we would want a suitbale player in return knowing that they will not part with the pick.

We could look at some local Victorian boys already on Freo's list that are struggling for a game like Ryley Dunn, Ryan Murphy and Scott Thornton.

Has Justin Lonmuir recovered from his injuries?

Mantis
04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't think we should let him go but if he wanted to then we would want a suitbale player in return knowing that they will not part with the pick.

We could look at some local Victorian boys already on Freo's list that are struggling for a game like Ryley Dunn, Ryan Murphy and Scott Thornton.

Has Justin Longmuir recovered from his injuries?

Knee's are shot to pieces..

bulldogtragic
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM

Dunn and Murphy for Ray and 3rd rounder?

IF and only IF Farren wants out?

southerncross
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Dunn and Murphy for Ray and 3rd rounder?

IF and only IF Farren wants out?

Murphy and Dunn were early draft selection themselves so Freo might not want to give any draft selections

westdog54
04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Pavlich re-signed WD. 3 years I think.

Wasn't aware of that.

Oh well, so much for that then:o

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 04:42 PM
why would u draft riley dunn. he cant get a game for freo and his form in the wafl is average. and scott thornton is another skinny running defender. we have a few of those. u have to draft players to form a premiership team not just to fill up the playing roster

southerncross
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
why would u draft riley dunn.
Has he been delisted?

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
he will be

The Underdog
04-09-2007, 05:37 PM

If we get Scott Thornton under any circumstances I'm buying a "stay at home and close your eyes plus unsociable club membership" next year. He is ordinary and has more turnovers than a bakery.
As others have said Longmuir is screwed injurywise.
Hasleby apparently needs injections in his back to get through games. However if fit he is a very good inside mid. Not sure how much he'd help us though.

Hopefully Farren stays. I think he still has a great deal of unfulfilled potential.

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
if he stays he need to work all summer on his kicking.Could farren become our tagger? in the mould of a tyson stenglien.

The Underdog
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
if he stays he need to work all summer on his kicking.Could farren become our tagger? in the mould of a tyson stenglien.

He's certainly athletic enough to run with someone all day. I think mental application is the question, but the potential is definitely there.

southerncross
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
He's certainly athletic enough to run with someone all day. I think mental application is the question, but the potential is definitely there.

Most importantly he could also be a player that hurts the opposition while doing the run with role. He's not quite there yet but he does have the potential to be a very good player for us. Perhaps a spell as HBF would suit him.

LostDoggy
04-09-2007, 06:21 PM
your dreaming, u wont get that....pick 20- 35. he isnt worth pick 7. freo havnt been in the draft for a while so they wont trade there 1st round pick

southerncross
04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
your dreaming, u wont get that....pick 20- 35. he isnt worth pick 7. freo havnt been in the draft for a while so they wont trade there 1st round pick

Whos dreaming Jerry? I'm not sure who you are replying to.