PDA

View Full Version : Mark Harvey dismissed as Fremantle Coach

Doc26
15-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Reported on SEN that Fremantle have dismissed Mark Harvey as senior coach.

Fremantle Football Club have confirmed this with a press release.

Apparently had one year left on his contract.

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow! Wowzer McWowie Wowzy Wow Wows!

Pickenitup
15-09-2011, 07:59 PM
any interest from us

Greystache
15-09-2011, 08:01 PM
And the follow up is Ross Lyon is said to be his replacement.

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Seriously more wows from me. I think this is why God invented WTF.

I thought he was a dud early on but really thought he was doing good things. They were poor this year but has a team ever been more decimated by injuries?

Hurry up and say what you think about it all mjp....

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 08:06 PM
And the follow up is Ross Lyon is said to be his replacement.

Where does Ridge Forrester fit into this?!

Bulldog4life
15-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Where does Ridge Forrester fit into this?!

Are you admitting you watch Ridge.:)

Maddog37
15-09-2011, 08:12 PM
That is one from left field!!!! I also thought he was a nuff nuff especially after seeing him at a sportsmanship night a few years back let alone my natural hatred of all things Essendon.

Lately he has made me think twice especially with the consistent improvement of many of their players.

bulldogsman
15-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh :eek:. He must have done something, just seems strange :confused:

azabob
15-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Could it be Worsfold? Still yet to re-sign.

Surely would have to be a big name such as Ross Lyon, Mick Malthouse or Paul Roos.

Wow.

Reports now its Eade.

MrMahatma
15-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Twitter saying it's Eade...

Remi Moses
15-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Reckon Harvey will coach Melbourne. I thought Rocket said he wouldn't move Interstate as his kids are in high School! Harvey's extremely stiff with Freo's injury plague, there has to be more to this .

Ghost Dog
15-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I love Harvey's pressers. he has such a funny way about the way he speaks/

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd have Harvey in a second at the Dogs.

The Coon Dog
Reckon Harvey will coach Melbourne. I thought Rocket said he wouldn't move Interstate as his kids are in high School! Harvey's extremely stiff with Freo's injury plague, there has to be more to this .

His preference was to remain in Melbourne as his daughter is in High School, but if a job became available interstate he'd relocate.

The Coon Dog

Why is that Scraggers? I've never really been taken with him, admittedly only see him from afar.

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Why is that Scraggers? I've never really been taken with him, admittedly only see him from afar.

I've had a bit to do with him through work ... he has a great footy brain ... very savvy person ... gets the best from his players. Was well regarded at Freo (very surprised he got moved on)

bulldogsman
15-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Rocket's done well if that's the case, Freo have a very good list. One of the best in the comp IMO, just been very unlucky with injuries.

azabob
15-09-2011, 08:38 PM
His preference was to remain in Melbourne as his daughter is in High School, but if a job became available interstate he'd relocate.

Give him a call TCD and ask.

Im sure he gave you his real number and not the he hands out to the jurnos ;)

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 08:43 PM
FREMANTLE has stunned the football world by sacking Mark Harvey, with a new coach set to be announced as early as tomorrow.

Harvey, who had one year remaining on his contract, was told today of the club's decision.

The triple Essendon premiership player is believed to have been stunned by the decision.

In a statement, Dockers CEO Steve Rosich said it had been an extremely difficult decision to end Harvey’s tenure at the club.

“It was an extremely difficult decision to make but after lengthy consideration it is a decision that we believe is in the best interests of the long-term future of the Fremantle Football Club,” Rosich said.

“We are very grateful for everything that Mark has done during his six years at the club and wish Mark all the best for the future, both personally and professionally.”

Rest of Article (http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-dockers-sack-coach-mark-harvey/story-e6frg1xu-1226138150057)

bornadog
15-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Wil the new coach be Scott Burns?

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Wil the new coach be Scott Burns?

I'm thinking with the way they have worded the media release it has to be someone who is still involved in the finals ... speculation over here is Malthouse (which is making Dockers fans very happy :rolleyes: )

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 08:50 PM

No f..ing way. Once an idiot always an idiot.

bornadog
15-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm thinking with the way they have worded the media release it has to be someone who is still involved in the finals ... speculation over here is Malthouse (which is making Dockers fans very happy :rolleyes: )

Burns more likely as he moved to WA and family has settled in and he wants a senior role without having to move.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-09-2011, 08:53 PM
On AFL Teams they're saying that Caro has just tweeted that it is definitely Rocket who has got the Freo gig.

The Coon Dog
15-09-2011, 08:54 PM
On AFL Teams they're saying that Caro has just tweeted that it is definitely Rocket who has got the Freo gig.

Caro doesn't have a Twitter account. Emma Quayle today said the Caro one was a fake.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Caro doesn't have a Twitter account. Emma Quayle today said the Caro one was a fake.

HAHA!! Well it's sucked BT and the crew in.

dog town
15-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Caro doesn't have a Twitter account. Emma Quayle today said the Caro one was a fake. Chris Bond footy manager at freo?

The Coon Dog
15-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Saints have confirmed that Ross Lyon quit the club tonight!

Desipura
15-09-2011, 08:58 PM
any interest from us

No way, he declined the coaching position before he got the Freo gig!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Ross Lyon it is

ledge
ross lyon has gone to freo

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Confirmed. Shock horror.

ps. Classic -- Lyon DID promise to stay at the Saints, should have known he was gawwwn.

GVGjr
15-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Different approach by Freo to us with the way the coaches were moved on. Looks like they have been engineering this for a few weeks and have made it a clean break and already have someone else to fulfill the position.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Different approach by Freo to us with the way the coaches were moved on. Looks like they have been engineering this for a few weeks and have made it a clean break and already have someone else to fulfill the position.

I bet it's absolutely blindsided the saints. They now need to get cracking at trying to find a replacement.

comrade
15-09-2011, 09:06 PM

One Club has a plan, the other doesn't.

Eade to the Saints?

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Hey we have a plan!!!

Step 1- Sack Eade
Step 2- Get panel members
Step 3- Get panel members to ask around to see if any of their mates are up for the gig
Step 4-
Step 5- Win the Premiership!!!!!! Yeah 'Sons of the West' etc, party at Maribrynong Town Hall!!!

Genius!!

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Lyon should be at Essendon with all the other two faces.

GVGjr
15-09-2011, 09:20 PM

Eade to the Saints?

That would be terrific for Eade.

I've been impressed by the way Freo kept this under wraps and pounced.

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Normally I would agree with you Chops, but I have to say that from my encounters with Harvey, he is bucking the trend.

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 09:22 PM

Agreed

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Normally I would agree with you Chops, but I have to say that from my encounters with Harvey, he is bucking the trend.
Excuse my short silly summation.
I never liked him as a player, didnt want the job with us the first time around so why should we employ him now after he has been sacked? My other concerns are why Freo had so many injurys during his reign.

Mantis
15-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Ch 9 are running a newsflash that Ross Lyon will be Freo's new coach.

bornadog
15-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Thats not confirmed according to this:

Ross Lyon to coach Fremantle (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ross-lyon-to-coach-fremantle-20110915-1kbmh.html)

Despite speculation that Rodney Eade was taking over from Lyon at the Saints, the former Bulldogs coach confirmed in a live video show on theage.com.au that this was not the case.

Remi Moses
15-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Wow even bigger news Terry Wallace has finally admitted he tried to get to Sydney in 02!
Dog act from Lyon, talk about no integrity and has always come across as an arrogant tosser.

Raw Toast
15-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Have to be feeling pretty ordinary if you were Saints supporter.

Can't help feeling that Eade would be better suited to Freo than Lyon.

bornadog
15-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Have to be feeling pretty ordinary if you were Saints supporter.

Can't help feeling that Eade would be better suited to Freo than Lyon.

There was a rumour than Eade was going to the Saints, but who knows.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Wow even bigger news Terry Wallace has finally admitted he tried to get to Sydney in 02!
Dog act from Lyon, talk about no integrity and has always come across as an arrogant tosser.

I would think it's just as much a Dog act from Freo, who were obviously scheming behind Harvey's back. It was reported on AFL teams that all Freo coaches were at a planning or review meeting today, blissfully unaware that anything was afoot, and then during a break, Harvey was apparently pulled aside and told to pack his bags.

azabob
15-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Confirmed. Shock horror.

ps. Classic -- Lyon DID promise to stay at the Saints, should have known he was gawwwn.

I don't think he ever actually said he would be there next year.

Remi Moses
15-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes Grant Thomas the Dogs should approach Ross Lyon, shouldn't they?
Just wondering what Thomas thinks now??
Apparently he approached Freo on his own bat and his management group didn't know!
They've sacked him. Gee that's someone you'd like as coach:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't think he ever actually said he would be there next year.

Clearly stated that he would 'honour his contract' with the Saints. Smelt something fishy with the wording there -- I guess Freo paying it out is technically "honouring his contract".

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Clearly stated that he would 'honour his contract' with the Saints. Smelt something fishy with the wording there -- I guess Freo paying it out is technically "honouring his contract".

Wow, Freo must be loaded.
- Paying out Harvey's contract
- Paying out Lyon's contract
- Paying Lyon

3 salaries for one coach!

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 09:58 PM
- Paying Lyon

Lyon had a get-out clause therefor no ongoing cost ... but other than that I agree

azabob
15-09-2011, 09:59 PM
- Paying Lyon

If Neeld misses out on a senior job I think he will be an assistant at Freo next season.

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Melbourne is a big story in all this IMO.

They wanted him badly going by reports. If i supported Melbourne i would be absolutely gutted. Lost there best young player, now noone wants to coach them!

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 10:00 PM
- Paying Lyon

Well I guess you save a lot of money if you don't employ medical staff, or if your players all can't get out on to the ground and earn a matchday payment.

ps. The Saints were underachieving and shocking with injuries prior to Lyon arriving too, very similar to Freo. One of Lyon's most overlooked achievements, even more so than any press, was actually implementing systems and/or hiring the right personnel to get most of the Saints list regularly fit and actually physically imposing. Perhaps this is where Freo see him adding most value to a very physically fragile list

azabob
15-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Melbourne is a big story in all this IMO.

They wanted him badly going by reports. If i supported Melbourne i would be absolutely gutted. Lost there best young player, now noone wants to coach them!

Good Point.

Obviously he was already talking to Freo.

Freo and Lyon would have been loving the speculation was all about Lyon and Melbourne.

Raw Toast
15-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Pretty amazing that Lyon was speaking to Fremantle in private without the knowledge of his management company (ESP) who were working on a deal with the Saints. ESP has now sacked him.

And for anyone who wanted a reason to lose hours of their life to twittter, following the twitterverse explosion that came after news of the Harvey sacking has been a spectacular arm-chair ride.

Raw Toast
15-09-2011, 10:06 PM
And Gerard Whately has just said that ESP and the Saints had agreed to terms for a new (4 yr I think) deal!

bornadog
15-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Pretty amazing that Lyon was speaking to Fremantle in private without the knowledge of his management company (ESP) who were working on a deal with the Saints. ESP has now sacked him.

And for anyone who wanted a reason to lose hours of their life to twittter, following the twitterverse explosion that came after news of the Harvey sacking has been a spectacular arm-chair ride.

Does this mean Lyon was asked this week to join Freo and he said yes? It was onky yesterday that apparently Reiwoldt and hayes talked him into staying, now they look like dills.

comrade
15-09-2011, 10:15 PM
And Gerard Whately has just said that ESP and the Saints had agreed to terms for a new (4 yr I think) deal!

Lulz. The man crazy enough to think up Saints Footy really is a tactical mastermind!

Raw Toast
15-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Lulz. The man crazy enough to think up Saints Footy really is a tactical mastermind!

Totally lulz - Freo are rumoured to have given him 5 years at huge coin, but he's going to have to live with the reputation of this forever...

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Tomorrow is R U OK? Day ... someone should think to ask Harvey this.

comrade
15-09-2011, 10:23 PM

And every Saints fan :)

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 10:26 PM

Actually it's today :o

And every Saints fan :)

Funny :D

Doggy
15-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Wasn't R U OK day today.

Tomorrow is walk to work day. Ross has got a fair hike in front of him ;)

KT31
15-09-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/123530/default.aspx

cinder
15-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Poor old Mark Harvey. I liked him. Coaching is a ruthless business...

azabob
15-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Perhaps Lyon was sick and tired of the saints players off field culture?

Regarding his management team, I guess leaving them out of the discussions kept it so hush hush.

Doc26
15-09-2011, 10:42 PM

All Lyon had to do was call 1300 Go Harvey

GVGjr
15-09-2011, 10:42 PM

Regarding his management team, I guess leaving them out of the discussions kept it so hush hush.

He shouldn't be. He's had more than enough opportunities to shape it.

azabob
15-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Have to feel for Mark Harvey. The innocent man in all this.

LostDoggy
15-09-2011, 10:49 PM
All Lyon had to do was call 1300 Go Harvey

My favourite so far.

Drunken Bum
15-09-2011, 10:59 PM
How's Mark Roberts(?) on the footy show and i'll quote
"this hit him like a tsunami"
then followed up with
"this snuck on him like cancer"

seriously??? a bit of bloody perspective for gods sake, i hate this show, first time i have watched it in god knows how long and now i am reminded why

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 11:01 PM
How's Mark Roberts(?) on the footy show and i'll quote
"this hit him like a tsunami"
then followed up with
"this snuck on him like cancer"

seriously??? a bit of bloody perspective for gods sake, i hate this show, first time i have watched it in god knows how long and now i am reminded why

Yep, his 2 mins of fame. Reminded me of when the thrashy magazines get an 'exclusive' with ex-nanny of insert semi famous person here.

Scraggers
15-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Wasn't R U OK day today.

Tomorrow is walk to work day. Ross has got a fair hike in front of him ;)

Yep ... corrected it with my next post

GVGjr
15-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Have to feel for Mark Harvey. The innocent man in all this.

I certainly do.

Ghost Dog
15-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Like Harvey - would have him as a coach.

GVGjr
15-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I like Harvey and would have him as a coach.

He's the worst communicator of all the coaches. I couldn't see the merit in appointing him.

KT31
15-09-2011, 11:09 PM
He's the worst communicator of all the coaches. I couldn't see the merit in appointing him.

^^^^^^^
Agree

Ghost Dog
15-09-2011, 11:15 PM
No way. I reckon he's hilarious. These kind of nothing statements that sound either idiotic or very profound. Just love those long gaps and piercing gaze. Dunno, something about the guy I find strangely likeable. Besides that, I reckon he's done ok at Freo considering they basically had an injury list as long as my arm

Primus is pretty awful but maybe it's the club he keeps having to apologize for....

The Coon Dog
15-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't envisage Ross Lyon attending the Saints B&F. This sort of stuff seems to be a pretty good gauge of the feeling amongst the Saints faithful:

Go eat shit Ro$$ - Hope you get attacked by a shark over there.

GVGjr
15-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I don't envisage Ross Lyon attending the Saints B&F. This sort of stuff seems to be a pretty good gauge of the feeling amongst the Saints faithful:

He's walked out with a year to run so I doubt he would want to attend especially after giving every indication that he would be staying and looking to sign an extension.

Rocco Jones
15-09-2011, 11:53 PM
The entire top 6 from last year will have different senior coaches next year. What an amazing turnaround?!

Remi Moses
15-09-2011, 11:56 PM
I remember Harvey saying he wouldn't coach one of the poor sides.
Might have been North, don't want him personally.

AndrewP6
16-09-2011, 01:01 AM
An excerpt from Ross Lyon (the most appropriate surname for him, methinks) in discussion** with the Saints board...

"Yeah, I'm gonna stay. Yeah, I reckon I can lead this group to success. Yeah, nah. Changed my mind. I'm off to Freo. Catch ya later"...

** The content of this "conversation" might not actually be true ;)

Go_Dogs
16-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Was not expecting to see this when I logged on tonight. Wow....

It's a huge merry-go-round this year.

Desipura
16-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I remember Harvey saying he wouldn't coach one of the poor sides.
Might have been North, don't want him personally.

He said the same about us!

chef
16-09-2011, 07:51 AM

This. I don't blame him for wanting out.

Ghost Dog
16-09-2011, 07:54 AM
This. I don't blame him for wanting out.

One article alleges he tried to quit twice before this season. Strike one, schoolgirl. Strike two, popping pills on NZ trip. Strike three, off to Freo.

I called my Dad last night. He joked, my mum offered to send Freo a few extra dollars to fly Lyon out of Victoria as soon as possible. :D

LostDoggy
16-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Further evideence of the complete lack of integrity, honesty and character within St Kilda football club. Lyon's behaviour explains much about past indescretions by players.

This will devastate the playing group and send them quickly downwards - much to my joy.

BulldogBelle
16-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Lyon will surely be looking to clean out some of Freo's list, and bring in some Eker's to play 'Saints Footy' in the West

We should be thinking about what Freo players he may be looking at discarding/trading and who we might be able to acquire cheaply to play a role in our side

Doubt he will turn over the list much in his first season, but there will be movement

(No to Jack Anthony!)

Happy Days
16-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Really interesting in this is that Freo already began their list review; that really shows to me that Harvey was 100% blindsighted. Dick move by the board to allow the reviews to start knowing that there might be a coup occuring.

Can't help but feel sorry for Harvey, he might be a tool and whatnot, but no one deserves to be treated the way he was.

bornadog
16-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Really interesting in this is that Freo already began their list review; that really shows to me that Harvey was 100% blindsighted. Dick move by the board to allow the reviews to start knowing that there might be a coup occuring.

Can't help but feel sorry for Harvey, he might be a tool and whatnot, but no one deserves to be treated the way he was.

A whole years salary will help him to recover;)

Mantis
16-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Lyon will surely be looking to clean out some of Freo's list, and bring in some Eker's to play 'Saints Footy' in the West

My line of thinking is that Lyon only introduced 'Saints Footy' becuase of the way St.Kilda's list was structured.

He had at his disposal 6 or 8 very good players - Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Fisher, Montagna, Goddard, etc..

He had another 4 or 6 good players - Gwilt, Jones, Milne, Schneider, Gardiner, etc.

He then had a bunch of crabs/ role players.

To get them to gel and play well as a 'team' shows he was doing something right.

bornadog
16-09-2011, 04:43 PM
My line of thinking is that Lyon only introduced 'Saints Footy' becuase of the way St.Kilda's list was structured.

He had at his disposal 6 or 8 very good players - Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Fisher, Montagna, Goddard, etc..

He had another 4 or 6 good players - Gwilt, Jones, Milne, Schneider, Gardiner, etc.

He then had a bunch of crabs/ role players.

To get them to gel and play well as a 'team' shows he was doing something right.

Wasn't his Saints Footy just an extension of what he learned under Roos. Roos Sydney a few years ago was branded ugly footy (Demtrious words, but true) and Roos learnt this from Rocket who brought in the flood.

gohardorgohome
16-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Harv carried on like a goose at times when has was younger, however every time i have had anything to do with him since he hit his mid 20s he has been great. (i'd think most of us here would have carried on a bit at times when we were younger)...

He has been a fantastic source of support for a friend's son who was battling some issues.

I really hope he gets a another Senior Coaching job. If this doesnt work out he would be great at the 'dogs in a support role...

always right
16-09-2011, 04:52 PM
No way. I reckon he's hilarious. These kind of nothing statements that sound either idiotic or very profound. Just love those long gaps and piercing gaze. Dunno, something about the guy I find strangely likeable. Besides that, I reckon he's done ok at Freo considering they basically had an injury list as long as my arm

Primus is pretty awful but maybe it's the club he keeps having to apologize for....

Just what we need...an hilarious coach. He might have a good footy brain but the way he waffled on at his pressers was simply embarrassing....trying so hard to be profound. Perhaps a classic case of strong footy nous but poor media skills. Isn't that the knock on Leon Cameron from some?

BulldogBelle
16-09-2011, 05:04 PM
He has been a fantastic source of support for a friend's son who was battling some issues.

That doesn't surprise me in the least Mark Harvey is a very caring type of a person and what happened to him yesterday would've been a massive blow to him. All the best to him and Donna and I hope they return back to Melbourne.

LostDoggy
16-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Been away on hols this week and was dumbstruck today when we looked at The Age! OMG! From this distance, it seems a pretty low act by Lyon by not even including his management team in his decision (I heard Craig Kelly dumped him!). I think Mark Harvey is the fall-guy in all this, pretty tough being an AFL coach!

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 11:52 AM
To me this is the best part of the saga.
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/harveys-manager-expresses-outrage-20110916-1ke43.html

Of course he is upset, he lost his cut from having to sack Lyon and Harvey not having a job.

mjp
17-09-2011, 12:48 PM
This sort of stuff is why Lyon needed to sack them:
'''If the Fremantle Football Club had approached us to put something to Ross Lyon, we would have said, 'Until he decides that he's not going to be at the St Kilda footy club we're not going to do that.'"

ESP and Kelly worked for Lyon, not St Kilda...they can take the morale high ground all they like, but if they were my manager I would want to know about a firm alternative offer before they encouraged me to sign a 4-year extension with my current employer.

bornadog
17-09-2011, 12:52 PM
This sort of stuff is why Lyon needed to sack them:
'''If the Fremantle Football Club had approached us to put something to Ross Lyon, we would have said, 'Until he decides that he's not going to be at the St Kilda footy club we're not going to do that.'"

ESP and Kelly worked for Lyon, not St Kilda...they can take the morale high ground all they like, but if they were my manager I would want to know about a firm alternative offer before they encouraged me to sign a 4-year extension with my current employer.

Exactly, ESP are agents, they don't work for clubs, they work for the players. In this case they represented both Harvey and Lyon which would have put them in an awkward position.

mjp
17-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Exactly, ESP are agents, they don't work for clubs, they work for the players. In this case they represented both Harvey and Lyon which would have put them in an awkward position.

Chinese walls - we all deal with them. If what is best for one client potentially impacts another, then guess what? Too bad. They happily sign all these guys and need to have a better method of dealing with these sorts of conflicts.

The Underdog
17-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Chinese walls - we all deal with them. If what is best for one client potentially impacts another, then guess what? Too bad. They happily sign all these guys and need to have a better method of dealing with these sorts of conflicts.

And if you're going to lose a client, lose the one who's out the door & stick with the one who just got 5 million smackers.

LostDoggy
17-09-2011, 01:10 PM
And if you're going to lose a client, lose the one who's out the door & stick with the one who just got 5 million smackers.

Spot on but i suppose Lyon sacked them.
Sucked in Craig Kelly and they call themselves ESP! False advertising.

azabob
17-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Spot on but i suppose Lyon sacked them.
Sucked in Craig Kelly and they call themselves ESP! False advertising.

Lyon has proven he is no fool. If he told his management it would have been leaked for sure.

Most likely the only people he told were his lawyer, wife and possibly Paul Roos.

azabob
17-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Are the media going so hard at Lyon and the Dockers beacause they are upset at the ethics or because they all missed the big scoop?

bornadog
17-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Are the media going so hard at Lyon and the Dockers beacause they are upset at the ethics or because they all missed the big scoop?

They missed the big scoop.

I think Freo were very clever and they got the coach they wanted with no fuss, no mucking around no speculation on who will coach them and jumped Dogs, Dees and Adelaide who are still fluffing around (Now Dees have their coach). Freo wanted a proven coach, not another unknown like they have had in the past few years.

For the record, Harvey's winning % is only 40.21%