PDA

View Full Version : Which Club Do You Really Hate?

The Coon Dog
23-09-2011, 02:55 PM
It was interesting reading the thread about being an Easter Western Bulldog & it became quite apparent that many Bulldogs supporters were in the minority growing up & many of you have been scarred for life with respect to some of the teasing from opposition team's supporters.

That got me thinking, which team do you hate & why? Was it a particular incident, something from your childhood or just a particular individual?

I found growing up that I didn't really like Collingwood at all, but in some ways I have mellowed a bit, even hoping they beat St.Kilda last year in the Grand Final.

Don't like the Saints at all, never really liked them. I don't want them to get to 2 flags before we do, don't like Robert Harvey being referred to as a dual Brownlow Medalist (he just happened to be lucky enough in one year to finish second), can't stand 'Saints Footy' & don't like the Tip Rat.

Having said that, the side that I most find objectionable in every way, shape & form is Carlton! Silvertails, think the world owes them, cheats, Ian Collins, Pratt (you could almost combine them when I say Ian Collins Pratt), John Elliott. There's nothing I like more than beating them & seeing their supporters carry on like pork chops!!

OLD SCRAGGer
23-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Let's see....

18 teams in AFL & I hate 17 of them, the 2 I hate most are: ST KILDA ( same reason as Coon Dog ) & GWS for their smug attitude to stealing players....

dadsgirl16
23-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I am with you on Carlton and for all the reasons you mentioned,agree with the Saints and can also

add Hawthorn just because of Kennett

immortalmike
23-09-2011, 03:14 PM
It's Carlton and Essendon for me. Carlton for all the things TCD listed above.

Essendon because they are Carlton plus they look at us like we're their *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*! step-brother and their fans tend to be amongst the most inanely stupid one-eyed idiots I've ever had the displeasure of crossing paths with. They are so dumb they make Peter Griffen look like Noam Chomsky, they are so one-eyed that I once overheard one saying that Kyle Reimers was a better footballer than Brad Johnson, I am often surprised when I go to Bombers games that these people successfully get dressed in the morning...

This is all in addition to the fact that both teams were the only one's (despite being wealthy and successful) who hung back and didn't help us in 89 and in fact tried to poach our players. They are the only things in this world that I actively hate and the only teams I wish pain, suffering and mediocrity on. Although GWS are getting there as they are basically Essendon crossed with Carlton and are smugly stealing the youth and future of struggling clubs.

Dazza
23-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Hated Adelaide for a LONG time. Stemming from the 97 prelim.

Don't like Port Adelaide. Arrogant players since their inception.

Scraggers
23-09-2011, 03:20 PM
1. West Coast Eagles ... Hate the supporters (first and foremost) Chardonnay sippin' turn-coats. I hate that they have won three premierships in 25 years. I hate the way they dealt with the drug issue in their club (more than just Cousins). I hate their smugness. I also blame WCE for the break-up of the VFL ... I know it was more Ross Oakley, (Or even Willesee and Edlesten) but I like to blame WCE.

2. St. Kilda ... Their football. The way they also just swept their problems under the carpet "No culture issues here". The German Diver. The Tip Rat. Farren Ray playing in two consecutive grand finals.

3. Richmond ... Terry Wallace. Nathan Brown.

4. Adelaide Crows ... 1997 & 1998

5. Carlton ... Purchasing the 1995 premiership

I dislike all other clubs (Although I do have a soft spot for Dockers as my daughter, wife, and wife's family support them) but these are the five I can't stand :mad::mad::mad:

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Essendon and Collingwood - i have a real problem with their fans and general aura. I have only ever known hate towards them - it will continue.

They are however closely followed by West Coast and Adelaide. Both manufactured clubs whose supporters are morons.

The one case i will always remember about Essendon supporters was how they reacted after that game in 2001 (?) when we broke their undefeated streak at Etihad when Granty kicked that goal in the last couple of minutes to win it for us. The way they reacted to that loss (they just couldnt take it) - was a real reflection of what kind of a club they are. It just made that experience so much more sweeter!

w3design
23-09-2011, 03:25 PM
It has to be Essendon growing up in East Keilor at footy training the only one wearing a doggies jumper the rest wearing Bombers jumpers . Also the crows 1997 need i say more.

Doggy
23-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I have always lived in the North West suburbs and for the last 25 years worked in the South East suburbs.
In that 25years I have generated a deep hatred for Hawthorn. Not so much Hawthorn the club, more Hawthorn the supporter. I have learnt over the years not to talk football with any of them, they are the most arrogant fans I have come accross.

So it really pains me to say this but GO PIES tonight

bornadog
23-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Carlton, Essendon, Saints and the rest as well.

Daughter of the West
23-09-2011, 03:47 PM
1. St Kilda - Scraggers has captured my thoughts in a nutshell about them

2. Collingwood - arrogant, arrogant, arrogant pigs of supporters (especially those that come out of the woodwork in the good times). Whenever we've beaten them, I will never say a word to a Collingwood supporter, but if they beat us, they are the first ones on the text message, at your desk on Monday morning, calling you singing the theme song down the phone. I cannot stand Collingwood and all their success at the moment is killing me.

Chicago1
23-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Collingwood and Richmond

Collingwood- First VFL Park match I went to was against the Magpies in 1976. I hitched a ride from Maribyrnong with a fellow teacher and her husband, Collingwood supporters. We beat them that day and my two hosts did not talk to me on the way home. I hated going to Vic Park. Their supporters seemed to be even more feral at their home matches. In May 1979 my parents were visiting me and on the way home from our win against South an almighty roar swept through Flinders Street Station where we were waiting for a train to Box Hill. It was feral Magpie fans running through the station. Scared the crap out of my poor parents. From that day on, whenever I mentioned Collingwood to them, they understood what idiots so many of them are. They remind me too much of arrogant Yankees fans who think the sun shines out of their... well, you know.

Richmond - Liars and cheats with bandwagon supporters. Libba. Matthew Campbell. Need I say more? Their 1980 Grand Final win didn't bother me since I was sitting with Collingwood members so it was a win-win situation whoever lost that day. However, their supporters only showing up when they are winning still seems to hold true today as it did back in the 80s. Anyone who heard my tips on 774 know that I relished any match the Tigers lost. I refused to tip them at all a few years ago.

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for West Coast. In 1989 when I was living in Perth(I hated living there) and became a WC member, I sat with some really friendly people every week at Subi and at the WACA. They gave me hell each week as I showed up wearing my red, white and blue scarf and barracked for all the Victorian teams against the Eagles. At the last home match they wished me well on my upcoming return to Melbourne. I even have a West Coast Eagles jumper that friends from Melbourne gave me.

I absolutely loved being at the MCG to see Collingwood lose 4 Grand Finals. However, being at the MCG on Grand Final day in 1990 was one of the worst experiences of my life. I am grateful that I was 10000 miles away from the MCG on Grand Final Take 2 day last year.

Rocket Science
23-09-2011, 04:33 PM
This thread needs more Richmond.

Doc26
23-09-2011, 04:38 PM
In that 25years I have generated a deep hatred for Hawthorn. Not so much Hawthorn the club, more Hawthorn the supporter. I have learnt over the years not to talk football with any of them, they are the most arrogant fans I have come accross.

So it really pains me to say this but GO PIES tonight

This about sums it up for me as well Doggy. Hawthorn the Club fine, Hawthorn the supporter on the other hand personifies a level of arrogance at the extreme end of the spectrum.

One just needs a whiff of your current day Dunstall and Brereton to appreciate the current stereotypical Hawthorn supporter.

gohardorgohome
23-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Carlton and Essendon
They are the only clubs that I hear supporters call the doggies "tin rattlers" or say that we'll go broke.....one idiot from Essendon was even slagging off at EJ Whitten when there was a tribute to him on the screen at the MCG when he was near death.... Essendon have too many Johnny come lately supporters with no clue about footy but plenty of smart ass comments..... Carlton cheats turned a blind eye to the character or lack thereof of Mr Elliott.... I hope the return to oblivion...

Adelaide and West Coast
I dislike the concept of a team supported by a whole city....Adelaide really got up my nose in 1997 after THAT game...and the "Footscray Scum" attitude of a few supporters who were non to keen to repeat their comments when I approached them face to face and asked them to elaborate.

West Coast
I have been there at least forty times on business.....you only have to talk to a few of them or listen to the media to dislike them...

G-Mo77
23-09-2011, 04:49 PM
It changes a lot but Collingwood and Essendon that are at the top of my list consistently.

No longer a fan of the Saints either, I sued to have a soft spot for them and now I can't stand them.

I'm not real fond of Norf either.

Cyberdoggie
23-09-2011, 05:25 PM
number 1: Carlton
number 2: Essendon
number 3: Hawthorn, Collingwood, StKilda, WCE, Adelaide, Melbourne,
Then the rest.

It's mostly the supporters, and i find Carlton the worst by a mile, they are arrogant and terrible sports.
Essendon are more annoying than anything. They are idiots and know next to nothing about the game, but they dont' mind shooting their mouth off regardless. Much like going to watch a game in Perth or Adelaide. One idiot says something and all the other stupid sheep get up and agree because there is no fear of being slapped in the face by reason from an opposition supporter.

The only reason i don't hate them is because they can also be really nice. More than once i've spoken to an Adelaide supporter after we have whipped them on the tram after the game and they were delightful. You wouldn't hear a Carlton supporter saying things like the bulldogs played a fantastic game and be happy about it all.

I don't understand the Collingwood haters, they are what they are and they are a bit feral but so are we, just in smaller numbers. Carlton are just a pack of you know what's.

ledge
23-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Saints and Carlton for me.
Saints because of the culture and no attempt to clean it up.
Carlton, can anyone name the last president they had that wasnt done for corporate theft?
My most hated as a kid was Collingwood
Surprises me people hate Collingwood so much now though. I more hate their supporters but Collingwood the club has always been supportive of us, helping us in 1989 and even looking for sponsors for us. Both clubs are blue collar clubs.
I dont know if its because Eddie is from Broady but I have only heard him speak good of us.

The Coon Dog
23-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Carlton, can anyone name the last president they had that wasnt done for corporate theft?

Stephen Kernahan

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Carlton Number 1 for me to.

Then equal 2nd for Collingwood, Hawthorn, St Kilda

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't understand the Collingwood haters, they are what they are and they are a bit feral but so are we, just in smaller numbers.
I actually don't mind the club, it is the supporters that get me off side.
just one example: a normal home and away game with no impact on a Collingwood season, a single (at the game with no one else) Collingwood supporter spent the whole [U]first half [U] yelling Fs and Cs at the umpires and Bulldog players with kids as young as 6-8 right near him.
With the occasional swearing and abuse coming from the second level behind us, from again a solitary Collingwood supporter.
Every Collingwood game I have been to (granted not as many as some) has been much of the same.

The Pie Man
23-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Was always Essendon growing up, but then they got sh__ and I maried a Don so I inevitably mellowed on them. Still, the last game we played them, a few of their fans reminded me why I hated them so much.....flogs.

Richmond & then St Kilda for issues we've had with both over the past 10 years.

I have a lot of Collingwood supporting mates - they were really poor through the mid/late 90's which was highly amusing. It's pretty annoying they're this good now.

Despise Darren Jarman more than Adelaide - and the Eagles were awesome to hate in the 90's.

Remi Moses
23-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Saints and Carlton for me.
Saints because of the culture and no attempt to clean it up.
My most hated as a kid was Collingwood
Surprises me people hate Collingwood so much now though. I more hate their supporters but Collingwood the club has always been supportive of us, helping us in 1989 and even looking for sponsors for us. Both clubs are blue collar clubs.
I dont know if its because Eddie is from Broady but I have only heard him speak good of us.

Agree Mccalister and Collingwood were very supportive of us in 89.
Eddie( for all his faults supports the retention of Melb clubs( unlike Cook and Kennet)
Saying that I tend to hate clubs the most when they're traveling well
I.E Melb in the late 80's, Tiges in 95 and 01, Stkilda is the one I perennially hate.
They put crap on us yet they're that pathetic they've never even snagged a VFA premiership!
Thankfully never had to put up with Eagle or Crow fans, though any set of fans who conduct a Mexican wave during a game are cardboard cut out fans

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 06:48 PM
All of them

The Coon Dog
23-09-2011, 06:56 PM
All of them

I was talking about AFL clubs, not posters on WOOF! ;)

DragzLS1
23-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Some pies supporters due to there arrogance although do know a few good ones (misses is 1 of them lol) and most of there lack of understanding about the game!

Carlton and there supporters! No. 1
St kilda, essondon and hawks big time! No. 2
Melbourne and north Melbourne for some reason! No. 3
Then the rest

SonofScray
23-09-2011, 07:07 PM
So hard to pick one. So I'll give you four. In no particular order:

Essendon: for much the same reasons as immortal mike. Just a pack of bourgeois, nouveau riche wankers. Gladly lay into our Club on the grounds of being from the western suburbs, when all that separates the heartlands is the Maribyrnong River. As a collective, their fans just come across to me as disingenuous, they have some genuine hard core fans but many just seem to be real topical, numbers and stats people rather than stories and memories people. If that make sense.

Nth Melbourne: they are the Gollum of the football world.

St Kilda: So many pricks in one team. Would love to see their bus run off the road, provided Lenny Hayes was off sick that day.

Carlton: cheats. Band wagoners. Mostly cheats.

Hotdog60
23-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Were do I start, Collingwood getting kicked out of Victoria park at age 12 when I did nothing wrong hated them ever since.
Essendon, being a lone Bulldog support in a sea of black and red at windy hill and we were getting flogged by 100 pints and they still got stuck into me.

St. Kilda for all the reasons from TCD and Port just because they are the Adelaide version of Collingwood.

w3design
23-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Urghhhhh!!!!!
Collingwood for obvious reasons. When they were absolutely killing us in a one sided final last year they continued to scream for non existent frees, jeered brad Johnson :( and even the most toothless, tattoo-Ed, illiterate of them found it necessary to sneer at the 'western suburbs.' I'd nearly forgotten how awful they could be.

Essendon. The coodabeens call them ' Collingwood supporters who can read and write.' I specially dislike their band of hard faced bottle blonde feral female fans.

St Kilda. Stephen Milne has to be the most revolting present day player.

Adelaide..I've softened a bit towards them, but if ever I need to remind myself of reasons to hate them, I just need to combine the memory of Darren jarman, that god-awful song ringing out over the MCG, and the woman, aged in her 50s, who came right up to my crying kids and waved her scarf in their faces.

I think I need to ring my therapist!!!!

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 08:27 PM
So much hatred for Carlton.
So much hatred for Essendon.
Extreme dislike for Richmond.

I don't really HATE Geelong, Collingwood or Hawthorn in the same category as the above, but their supporters can all go jump!

azabob
23-09-2011, 08:30 PM
St.Kilda, Sheedy, Judd & Goodes.

Sorry TCD I know we are meant to list just teams but I can't stand those 3 men.

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 08:56 PM
St.Kilda, Sheedy, Judd & Goodes.

Sorry TCD I know we are meant to list just teams but I can't stand those 3 men.

SO MUCH HATE! I agree wholeheartedly.

Maddog37
23-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I hate the Saints cos of revoltings dive.

I hate the dorks cos they spank off about culture.

I don't like Norf cos they just shit me.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
23-09-2011, 09:23 PM
All of them

And all they stand for

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 09:30 PM
All the interstate clubs
Their introductions gave them an easy ride and most of them have won flags whilst we haven't even played in a GF.

St Kilda
Hate their game plan ... hated their last two smug coaches .... hate Reiwoldt for his antics in the prelim a couple of years ago. Just hate them.

JohnGentStand
23-09-2011, 09:42 PM
1. Carlton,....I detest enormously
2. Collingwood..... looking at them hurts my eyes
3. Richmond. although my hatred is tinged with pity
4. Essendon. Alwyn Davey, Monfries, uuuurrrgghh
5. St.Kilda. (what's to like?)
6. The rest

BulldogBelle
23-09-2011, 10:06 PM
North. Just cease to exist please.

..and take Essendon with you.

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Firstly, all ferals at all clubs.

Then, Carlton, for obvious reasons.

Then, Hawthorn, for the same reason that was already mentioned previously (ie. their dumbarse, entitlement mentality fans epitomised so perfectly by Kennett). Also, Alistair Clarkson is a shit human being, and their so-called rubbish unsociable footy just shits me up the creek. Finally, because Cyril is overrated, Jordan Lewis gets away with the dirtiest crap, and Buddy is out there playing when he should have missed 12 months for 3 strikes.

Then, St. Kilda, for Riewoldt's dive and being gang rapists and general deviants. If the culture of the club improves, I'll have no problem taking them off the list.

* Finally, a note about West Coast and Adelaide. I used to totally hate both these clubs, but since their cultures have changed slightly I find it harder to hate them. Judd and Cousins just made WC so smug and easy to hate, but Kennedy and Cox and NicNat are all so honest and good that it's hard not to like watching them this year. Only when Kerr or Embley get the ball do I remember the horrible mid-2000s. Ditto with Adelaide. I hate that they did us over in two prelims, but it seems like a long time ago somehow.. Neil Craig was such a nice man it was hard to hate a team he coached. We'll see how we go with Sando.

** Richmond is pathetic, but they are almost TOO pathetic to waste any emotion on.

LostDoggy
23-09-2011, 11:41 PM
1. North, behind the play crap.
2. St Kilda, club culture, behind the play crap.

3. Richmond fans. Never heard other fans scream death threats against there OWN players

1eyedog
24-09-2011, 12:20 AM
All of them

This. I only wish there were more to hate. I really hate the AFL. I know, pitiful isn't it.

AndrewP6
24-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Collingwood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DAYLIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
then St Kilda, Carrrlton.

It kind of mellows a bit after that. I don't really like any other team, but don't hate with the same intensity.

LostDoggy
24-09-2011, 12:50 AM
I don't know what team they are but the guys that use to be white but are now orange, yellow or whatever? There are only about 9 of them but they can sure ruin a game of football.

Sockeye Salmon
24-09-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't really hate clubs - Port Melbourne, maybe.

My hatred is for

1) Ian Collins
2) Andrew Demetriou
3) Ross Lyon
4) Stephen Milne

Ghost Dog
24-09-2011, 01:30 AM
[QUOTE=Sockeye Salmon;242859]I don't really hate clubs - Port Melbourne, maybe.

I can't be bothered hating anyone.
Fans of certain teams annoy me more than any particular teams themselves.

Sedat
24-09-2011, 01:38 AM
All of them
When was the last time you went to a Dogs Pies match live? ;)

When all is said and done, Collingwood aren't called the filth for nothing. Last year's GF was like torture but it ended beautifully with no winners in sight. Then I flew overseas for work and blissfully avoided the replay. Tonight at the MCG brought the filthdom flooding back to the surface....and I certainly don't care for the Dawks and their Buddy and Junior Boy obsessed fan-base.

LostDoggy
24-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Hate...
Adelaide Crows, Go Crows, Camry Crows, those colours, their fans, crows knitted blankets, the song, the Adelaide media, Graham Cornes, Ruscuitto. People painting their shops/chimneys/letterboxes in crows colours or naming their business crows something eg The Crows Deli, The Crows Proctology department.

I grew up hating Port in the SANFL but they have nothing on these crow boys. The Port fans know their footy.

I dont like the concessions, extras and magical trades that Collingwood get.

I have always hated Matthew Knights, always. No reason, I just do.

Ghost Dog
24-09-2011, 01:41 AM
I actually don't mind the club, it is the supporters that get me off side.
just one example: a normal home and away game with no impact on a Collingwood season, a single (at the game with no one else) Collingwood supporter spent the whole [U]first half [U] yelling Fs and Cs at the umpires and Bulldog players with kids as young as 6-8 right near him.
With the occasional swearing and abuse coming from the second level behind us, from again a solitary Collingwood supporter.
Every Collingwood game I have been to (granted not as many as some) has been much of the same.

stadiums clamp down on that stuff these days. Was he asked to pull his head in?

SonofScray
24-09-2011, 10:47 AM
North. Just cease to exist please.

..and take Essendon with you.

:D Yep. That is about on the money.

LostDoggy
24-09-2011, 11:25 AM
When was the last time you went to a Dogs Pies game?

A couple years back at etihad-the Davis from the 4th row game. Broke my own rule, we were down by about 6 goals 3 quarter time so I left. Lost by a point. My hatred is more to do with their fans and the favorable umpiring they get.
I don't go to Essendon games at etihad either.

soupman
24-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Hmmm, most Victorian clubs, but particularly St.Kilda, Essendon and Carlton.

St.Kilda for obvious reasons. I've had a few Saints fans recently ask me why I hate them, because they seem genuinely oblivious to any possible reasons. Well aside for the fact they are a club with a terrible culture, crap people associated with them (Grant Thomas, Stephen Milne, Jason Gram, Steven Baker, Ross Lyon etc.) and a terrible game style. But most of all, it's for being responsible for the worst night of my life. For that I'm not sure i can ever forgive them.

Essendon because of their supporters. Other clubs have just as bad administration and arrogance on field, but Essendon's supporters never cease to amaze. There are just so many Essendon "supporters" who shouldn't be allowed to live. The amount of fans I know who are in your face, arrogant and all too quick to point out how great their club is and how shit the Bulldogs are, yet haven't been to a match for 4 years, don't know who Jobe Watson is and when they watch footy on tv seem to have no idea what the rules are is astounding.

Carlton because of them as a club. Arrogant, cheating, dirty scum with a bunch of supporters who as mentioned above, feel entitled to something and are incredibly un-football-educated.

Sedat
24-09-2011, 12:50 PM
My hatred is more to do with their fans and the favorable umpiring they get.I reckon you would have found ample ammunition to add to your hatred last night.

cinder
24-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Essendon & Collingwood. Not a huge Port Adelaide fan either but that's more because they just seem a waste of space in the AFL

LostDoggy
24-09-2011, 09:13 PM
1) Collingwood
2) Adelaide - will never forget 97'
3) Lions - Hate them for the way the afl gifted them 3 premierships, with all the injection of funds.
4) Carlton - Cheats

No real issues with the others, bit of a soft spot for the Hawks (dad was a fan) and have admired the fight the suns have shown in a couple of games this season, was fantastic to see em beat Port.

LostDoggy
25-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Geelong - mostly for the Billy Brownless kick on the siren but also for the 10 goal belting we copped in the first quarter of the final the following year. I know too many smug Geelong supporters (my mother amoungst them) who I grit my teeth at when their repulsive club gets mentioned.

Adelaide - can't forgive or forget 97/98 - paaaaainful as '97 was a given flag had we got past :(

The Filth - odious, stupid, repulsive idiot supporter base in the main. Brainless idiots.

I get bored by both Freo and Port

craigsahibee
25-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Be quicker to list the clubs I have respect for.

Geelong. I know they have caused us much September grief, but I really enjoy watching them play footy.

Sydney. Not so much respect the club more the team. A true team with committed selfless players.

I really do hate Melbourne and Hawthorn. They should have merged in the late 90's and I could have saved a lot of energy by channeling all of my hatred towards one club.

Anyone remember a game at the G in the early 80's where we towelled Melbourne for 3 qtrs and the MCC members booed them at3 qtr time. They got a run on in the last and challenged us until the original boy from Fish Creek, Gary Walpole kicked a goal to seal the game late in the last. That reaction from the Melbourne crowd really turned me off that club and I enjoy every piece of misfortune that comes their way.

Chicago1
25-09-2011, 12:29 PM
^I'll bet that was the 1982 match I went to and was in the Members. A fellow teacher, a MCC member, invited me since I had never been in there before. I hated wearing a tie to the footy, just to see The Long Room. Big effin deal! I was too afraid to barrack too loudly for Footscray. At 3/4 time I left and went to the outer to sit with 'the common people'.

LostDoggy
25-09-2011, 12:33 PM
It was interesting reading the thread about being an Easter Western Bulldog & it became quite apparent that many Bulldogs supporters were in the minority growing up & many of you have been scarred for life with respect to some of the teasing from opposition team's supporters.

That got me thinking, which team do you hate & why? Was it a particular incident, something from your childhood or just a particular individual?

I found growing up that I didn't really like Collingwood at all, but in some ways I have mellowed a bit, even hoping they beat St.Kilda last year in the Grand Final.

Don't like the Saints at all, never really liked them. I don't want them to get to 2 flags before we do, don't like Robert Harvey being referred to as a dual Brownlow Medalist (he just happened to be lucky enough in one year to finish second), can't stand 'Saints Footy' & don't like the Tip Rat.

Having said that, the side that I most find objectionable in every way, shape & form is Carlton! Silvertails, think the world owes them, cheats, Ian Collins, Pratt (you could almost combine them when I say Ian Collins Pratt), John Elliott. There's nothing I like more than beating them & seeing their supporters carry on like pork chops!!

TCD, thank you, I've found someone who hates St Kilda just as much as I do and pretty much for the same reasons as I do! They've only been successful because they finished at the bottom so many times and secured loads of top draft picks. I also wanted Collingwood to roll them last year and to say that I wanted Collingwood to win a flag just goes to show the level of contempt I have for St Kilda. I used to hate Richmond when Nathan was there but now I see them as harmless.

Don't like the Swans much due to the ugly displays they usually put on.

Hate Collingwood because of their bogan fans.

Don't really hate any other teams as much as I hate St Kilda and Collingwood.

Max469
25-09-2011, 01:22 PM
(thank you, I've found someone who hates St Kilda just as much as I do)

Hate St Kilda with a passion. Would never cope if they won a flag before us and if Eade ended up as their coach and they won a flag before us it would just about destroy me.

Their supporters are the worst going around and their players are tools.

I asked Robert Harvey to give Chris Grant his Brownlow back once - to say he was floored was understatement.

Mind you in the early 80's I didn't mind them but then life changed and they are Enemy number 1

Even Richmond who I cannot stand don't even come close.

I am an exception, as I don't mind Collingwood. Worked there when they won the flag in 1990. Interesting experience seeing supporters celebrating glory first hand.

LostDoggy
25-09-2011, 01:36 PM
(thank you, I've found someone who hates St Kilda just as much as I do)

Hate St Kilda with a passion. Would never cope if they won a flag before us and if Eade ended up as their coach and they won a flag before us it would just about destroy me.

Their supporters are the worst going around and their players are tools.

I asked Robert Harvey to give Chris Grant his Brownlow back once - to say he was floored was understatement.

Mind you in the early 80's I didn't mind them but then life changed and they are Enemy number 1

Even Richmond who I cannot stand don't even come close.

I am an exception, as I don't mind Collingwood. Worked there when they won the flag in 1990. Interesting experience seeing supporters celebrating glory first hand.

Bingo, it would be a tragedy if they won a flag before we did. Think they might struggle more than us in the next few years. Also agree with re Rocket coaching them. Can't stand Grant Thomas, don't go much on Riewoldt, can't stand Milne, can't stand Gram (Nobody dies their hair blonde anymore do they?!) just hate St Kilda so much!!!

mjp
25-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't have any really hatred for fellow battlers: Saints, North, Melbourne. If the St Kilda players would leave young girls alone I would feel better about that statement.
Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton - very annoying just because of the sheer NUMBER of supporters.
Hawthorn I admire as a club - have basically been strong for what feels like 30 years.
Geelong I put in the battlers category though recent on-field success changes that.
Sydney I admire for the way they play....just a decade of commited performances.
Brisbane - Dislike - turned salary concessions into 3 flags, wish it was only 1...AFL probably cheated them of a 4th though by making them play that 'home' prelim final in Melbourne before Port beat them.
Freo and Port - both underdogs in their states and similar to us.
West Coast are foul if you live in WA (like me), Adelaide would be the same in SA but I just don't have to think about them.
Richmond annoy me know end - perennial pretenders who somehow still think they are a 'big' club.
GCS/GWS - don't care but two of my favorite ex-pupils play there so want them to be OK.

I don't buy all of the 'supporters of club x' are feral/stupid/whatever. Pretty much every supporter base (except for the two new clubs in non-footy states) are the same cross-section...those clubs with more supporters just have more in each category.

LostDoggy
25-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't have any really hatred for fellow battlers: Saints, North, Melbourne. If the St Kilda players would leave young girls alone I would feel better about that statement.
Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton - very annoying just because of the sheer NUMBER of supporters.

I don't buy all of the 'supporters of club x' are feral/stupid/whatever. Pretty much every supporter base (except for the two new clubs in non-footy states) are the same cross-section...those clubs with more supporters just have more in each category.

Get thee to a Collingwood game and compare. Large numbers of their odious supporter group have developed a habit of screaming "dewwwww, dewwwww" throughout the game. I think they are trying to sound like a swooping magpie? Very, very, strange groups of people in that supporter group that drive my hands to gently clench. The filth is an apt designation.

Happy Days
25-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I wasn't fully aware of Carlton's salary cap rorting, and my experiences with them are mostly of them being rubbish, so I don't hate them as much as the others.

I hate individual players, which leads to me hating their club; Monfries & Essendon, Rioli & Hawthorn, Milne & St. Kilda, Harvey & North, etc.

Have a bit of a soft spot for Freo and Sydney (love the way they play), and Richmond/Port are too funny to hate.

KT31
25-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Saint's by a mile.
Then Melbourne.
Then the rest.

mjp
25-09-2011, 06:21 PM
...screaming "dewwwww, dewwwww" throughout the game. I think they are trying to sound like a swooping magpie?

Can I counter with 'doggy, doggy, doggy, woof, woof woof'?

LostDoggy
25-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't buy all of the 'supporters of club x' are feral/stupid/whatever.

Get thee to a Collingwood game and compare.

Superdog is right, It doesn't even finish at the games though. You come across Collingwood armchair fans who don't even know the game or go to the matches and even they are obnoxious and aggressive when talking AFL.

Dancin' Douggy
26-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I hate Carlton.
Pratt.
Elliot.
Collins.
Judd/Visy.
Salary cap cheats.
And all their f&%#@ing success.

LostDoggy
26-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I have had issues with some St Kilda supporters in the past, have come across some real snobs and I can't stand people who look down on others. Years ago we played them at VFL Park. Daniel Southern did somehting and the lady behind me says "Well what do you expect from someone from THAT side of the river". I've lived my whole life in the Eastern suburbs but I will never forget that. :mad:

Oh, and then at last years NAB Cup final I got frowned at by two in front of us because I said 'piss'. :D

LostDoggy
26-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I used to go through phases, generally depending on who was at the bottom.

Now I just dislike everyone, :D

Having said that, being a South Australian by birth and always followed the SANFL as much as possible, I have a soft spot for the Crows. Although 97 & 98 did cut me very deeply.

Because I live in Geelong, I dont mind the local AFL team either. It is hard living in Geelong as anyone else that lives here knows that the local media doesnt think that anyone that lives locally supports any other teams in the AFL.

Those 2 are my only exceptions, but I am always happy for the Dogs to right royaly flog them both at any time !!!!

I find it easy to dislike ALL other clubs without much justification. :D

1eyedog
26-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I have had issues with some St Kilda supporters in the past, have come across some real snobs and I can't stand people who look down on others. Years ago we played them at VFL Park. Daniel Southern did somehting and the lady behind me says "Well what do you expect from someone from THAT side of the river". I've lived my whole life in the Eastern suburbs but I will never forget that. :mad:

Oh, and then at last years NAB Cup final I got frowned at by two in front of us because I said 'piss'. :D

That's funny, I would have turned around and then said something else.
That's just my blue collar upbringing coming out though.

Contrary to my earlier post I have since had a think about who I hate more than others and can say with some surety that;

1) I was barracking for Collingwood to beat St. Kilda in last year's Grand Final replay so I hate St. Kilda more than Collingwood.
2) I am barracking for Geelong to beat Collingwood this week so I hate Collingwood more than Geelong.

Given the above my top 3 is;

1) St. Kilda
2) Collingwood
3) Geelong (I grew up there so it's personal)

Picking the next thirteen is like deciding which rock to piss on in an alleyway.

Dancin' Douggy
26-09-2011, 03:44 PM
That's funny, I would have turned around and then said something else.
That's just my blue collar upbringing coming out though.

Contrary to my earlier post I have since had a think about who I hate more than others and can say with some surety that;

1) I was barracking for Collingwood to beat St. Kilda in last year's Grand Final replay so I hate St. Kilda more than Collingwood.
2) I am barracking for Geelong to beat Collingwood this week so I hate Collingwood more than Geelong.

Given the above my top 3 is;

1) St. Kilda
2) Collingwood
3) Geelong (I grew up there so it's personal)

Picking the next thirteen is like deciding which rock to piss on in an alleyway.

You left out vomit and spit on as well.

LostDoggy
26-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Hate...
Adelaide Crows, Go Crows, Camry Crows, those colours, their fans, crows knitted blankets, the song, the Adelaide media, Graham Cornes, Ruscuitto. People painting their shops/chimneys/letterboxes in crows colours or naming their business crows something eg The Crows Deli, The Crows Proctology department.

I grew up hating Port in the SANFL but they have nothing on these crow boys. The Port fans know their footy.

I dont like the concessions, extras and magical trades that Collingwood get.

I have always hated Matthew Knights, always. No reason, I just do.

I have two dozen spray cans of white enamel in my shed waiting for the day we win a Premiership when I will undertake a tour of Adelaide and environs and overpaint the yellow of the crows colours with my white on every lamp post, letterbox, tree, awning, dog, cat, shop or chimney I can find.

LostDoggy
28-09-2011, 05:54 AM
I have two dozen spray cans of white enamel in my shed waiting for the day we win a Premiership when I will undertake a tour of Adelaide and environs and overpaint the yellow of the crows colours with my white on every lamp post, letterbox, tree, awning, dog, cat, shop or chimney I can find.

Your wisdom and foresight is un-paralleled sir.

We should make a map and split the route for maximum efficiency. I will enlist the troops.