View Full Version : Eade to the Filth?

AndrewP6
02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Say it ain't so, Rocket!

Oh well, a job's a job I guess.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/eade-off-to-collingwood-140618

bornadog
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
before he joined us he was offered that role at Collingwood to work with Mick, but turned it down.

AndrewP6
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
before he joined us he was offered that role at Collingwood to work with Mick, but turned it down.

That was a good call.

azabob
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM

That was a good call.

From memory both roles were offered pretty much at the same time, so it was an easy decision.

anfo27
02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
He has said he wants to coach so taking that role after missing out on a plethora senior jobs doesn't look good to me.

ledge
02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
He has said he wants to coach so taking that role after missing out on a plethora senior jobs doesn't look good to me.

He also put in for other jobs in the football management side of things.

anfo27
02-10-2011, 04:59 PM
He also put in for other jobs in the football management side of things.

Yeah but his first prefernce is to coach. there has been 3 jobs that he has been after and thus far 2 jobs are gone with the 3rd job not looking likely either.

bornadog
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM

He prefers to be the main coach but will take an alternative role if he can't get the main role. He was offered an Adelaide role over a month ago but has held out. I guess staying in Victoria would be preferable not only for him but his family.

Greystache
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Meh, his time was up as a coach, gotta take whatever's available.

Are these director of coaching role of any real value? Probably not.

anfo27
02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
He prefers to be the main coach but will take an alternative role if he can't get the main role. He was offered an Adelaide role over a month ago but has held out. I guess staying in Victoria would be preferable not only for him but his family.

Is this an assistant coaching role or similar to what the pies are offering?

bornadog
02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Is this an assistant coaching role or similar to what the pies are offering?

I believe similar.

divvydan
03-10-2011, 01:47 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rodney-eade-off-to-collingwood-to-fill-director-of-coaching-position/story-e6frf9jf-1226156310458

FORMER Western Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade will fill the director of coaching role at Collingwood passed up by Michael Malthouse.

Eade, 53, has accepted the Magpies post and the appointment will be announced in the next day or two.

It ends weeks of speculation about his future.

Adelaide had also shown strong interest in Eade as a consultant/assistant to Brenton Sanderson.

It is understood the Brisbane Lions sounded out Eade to work in a senior role with Michael Voss.

St Kilda had also included him on its list of possible coaches and Eade was due to be interviewed by the Saints as soon as tomorrow.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rodney-eade-off-to-collingwood-to-fill-director-of-coaching-position/story-e6frf9jf-1226156310458

Bulldog Revolution
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Congrats to Rocket, hope its a positive move for him

Go_Dogs
03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124537/default.aspx

Official.

Big appointment for Collingwood.

Remi Moses
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Great role for Rocket.
Not sure as a rookie coach I'd like someone looking over my shoulder, will be fascinating if the Pies took a tumble next year.The GF result is probably good for Bucks, he would have been on a hiding to nothing next season.

bornadog
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Can we change the title of this thread.

Good luck to Rocket, it was always going to be tough to get a head coaching role as everyone wants a new coach ie untried.

ledge
03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Great role for Rocket.
Not sure as a rookie coach I'd like someone looking over my shoulder, will be fascinating if the Pies took a tumble next year.The GF result is probably good for Bucks, he would have been on a hiding to nothing next season.

Still will be unless they win it.
Cant believe they made him coach when he hasnt been anywhere else and has really only ever been under one coach.
Collingwoods in for a reality check in my opinion.

Jasper
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Congrats to Rocket, hope its a positive move for him

I hope he's a miserable failure!!!!! :D

anfo27
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Great role for Rocket.

Is it though? Not knocking rocket but a lot of people have been questioning this new position and whether it has any relevance at all and with Mick not wanting it as it seems he felt the same way. Other than the financial benefit of the position I'm not sure why rocket would want this job.

AndrewP6
03-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I must say I am surprised Rocket took this position, I would have thought he'd want a main gig. Is it possible to wish him luck, and the team bad luck?

AndrewP6
03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Can we change the title of this thread?.

Why?

azabob
03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I must say I am surprised Rocket took this position, I would have thought he'd want a main gig. Is it possible to wish him luck, and the team bad luck?

From what he Eade says he wants to be a senior coach.

With one job left being the St.Kilda one perhaps he thought due to early discussions he wouldn't be a realistic shot to get the main gig.

So second best option was to take the job at Collingwood, this way he gets to experience a very very well resourced club and also still gets to have a match day role.

anfo27
03-10-2011, 07:46 PM
From what he Eade says he wants to be a senior coach.

With one job left being the St.Kilda one perhaps he thought due to early discussions he wouldn't be a realistic shot to get the main gig.

So second best option was to take the job at Collingwood, this way he gets to experience a very very well resourced club and also still gets to have a match day role.

Is it a match day role though?

bornadog
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Why?

I know you hate Collingwood, butdo we need to have that sort of language on the site in a title.

bornadog
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Is it a match day role though?

From what I have read it will be.

AndrewP6
03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I know you hate Collingwood, butdo we need to have that sort of language on the site in a title.

Seriously? language? I don't think it's a big deal, but if the powers-that-be wish to change it, they can.