PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Membership

LostDoggy
03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Whens the best time for me to find out what seats are available on Level 1 (Silver or Bronze). Signing up my 3 year old so level 2 is a bit of a hassel to be taking him on. So want to see what I can get on level 1?

OLD SCRAGGer
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Whens the best time for me to find out what seats are available on Level 1 (Silver or Bronze). Signing up my 3 year old so level 2 is a bit of a hassel to be taking him on. So want to see what I can get on level 1?

From what I can remember, IF you DON'T already have reserved seating, then you have to wait until reserved seat holders have resigned for their seats, I think unreserved seats are made public around December!!! I'm pretty sure there are seats available on Level 1 at the "FOOTSCRAY END"

LostDoggy
04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
From what I can remember, IF you DON'T already have reserved seating, then you have to wait until reserved seat holders have resigned for their seats, I think unreserved seats are made public around December!!! I'm pretty sure there are seats available on Level 1 at the "FOOTSCRAY END"

Yep, I'm in aisle 28, level 1, Footscray End & there are plenty of spare seats around us. :)

LostDoggy
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
I was hoping around the wing. Or anywhere as close to Row A as possible :D

LostDoggy
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I was hoping around the wing. Or anywhere as close to Row A as possible :D

I'm in row B, there are spare seats in row A, but we're in the forward pocket, 2 bays away from the cheer squad, next to where the Auskickers come out onto the ground..

bornadog
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Plenty of spare spots on level two

SonofScray
06-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Have been considering getting reserve seats for a while now. We used to get them at WO, very early days at TD but really I prefer the view from L3 and sitting with a bigger section of the family / friends. Given we rarely have to worry about finding a seat and the fact that it is extra money to the Club can someone make a case for a reserved seat to sway me into handing over the extra $$$?

bornadog
06-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Have been considering getting reserve seats for a while now. We used to get them at WO, very early days at TD but really I prefer the view from L3 and sitting with a bigger section of the family / friends. Given we rarely have to worry about finding a seat and the fact that it is extra money to the Club can someone make a case for a reserved seat to sway me into handing over the extra $$$?

Level 2 is the best viewing, you are up and close to play and get a good view across the ground as well.

Flamethrower
06-10-2011, 10:17 AM
The Western Bulldog's allocation of reserved seats on level 2 was fully subscribed in 2011, although you would never know it by the number of "no shows" each home game. We now know where the bandwagoners sit.

However, after talking to a few of the fans who sit near me on level 2, it seems that there will be quite a few of those seats that will become available for 2012.

Level 2 Pros - great view, comfortable padded seats with arm rests, shorter queues for bar, food and ammenities.

Cons - expensive, must be purchased with EJ Whitten Social Club membership, must scan membership card each time you enter/exit level 2 so you can't sneak friends into empty seats (introduced in 2011).

bornadog
06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
The Western Bulldog's allocation of reserved seats on level 2 was fully subscribed in 2011, although you would never know it by the number of "no shows" each home game. We now know where the bandwagoners sit.

However, after talking to a few of the fans who sit near me on level 2, it seems that there will be quite a few of those seats that will become available for 2012.

Level 2 Pros - great view, comfortable padded seats with arm rests, shorter queues for bar, food and ammenities.

Cons - expensive, must be purchased with EJ Whitten Social Club membership, must scan membership card each time you enter/exit level 2 so you can't sneak friends into empty seats (introduced in 2011).

To offset the burden of paying, you can pay monthly.

Maddog37
06-10-2011, 11:00 AM
You do not have to have social club. We were on level two but had no social club entry.

LostDoggy
06-10-2011, 08:50 PM

I'l give you two reasons to get Level 1 reserve:

1. The players come over to say thanks when we win which is great for the kids (ok great for me - I get warm and fuzzy..)

2. If there are no kids around I get to see whether the umpire is responding to my taunts and/or the players can actually hear you cheering them on if you yell well done during a quiet spot after they've done something good. Tommy came over to thank us for the support after one game he'd done particularly well in that we'd acknowledged throughout the game.

More up front and personal than 2 or 3 for mine which I love :) On the other hand - whatever floats your boat as many people prefer 3 for the reasons you outline.

AndrewP6
06-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm looking at upgrading from GA to a reserved seat too, thanks for the thoughts posted here.

LostDoggy
07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
We have reserved seats on Level 1 Aisle 17 - we are row B and C and yes Superdog - kids love it when the players come over and when the play is right in front of them. The atmosphere is great and you get to know all the people around you and its quite a social event.

always right
07-10-2011, 06:16 PM
We have reserved seats on Level 1 Aisle 17 - we are row B and C and yes Superdog - kids love it when the players come over and when the play is right in front of them. The atmosphere is great and you get to know all the people around you and its quite a social event.

Of course there is a downside when you can't stand the people next to you and have to put up with it all year. Happened to my brother....spent all year listening some old chook carrying on about our defenders being hopeless and kept comparing them to Herbie Henderson. You can tolerate it for a little while but every bloody game?

G-Mo77
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately I don't think anyone will have any trouble getting seats. I can see our reserved section dropping off quite a bit next season.

I'm pretty much right dead centre on the wing about 8 rows back. I don't think I'll change them. Great seats to watch footy from.

azabob
08-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately I don't think anyone will have any trouble getting seats. I can see our reserved section dropping off quite a bit next season.

I'm pretty much right dead centre on the wing about 8 rows back. I don't think I'll change them. Great seats to watch footy from.

Which level?

jazzadogs
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
2012 Membership Campaign was launched last night. I can't remember the exact slogan, but something like "win the western front" with Boyd and BMac standing in front of the West Gate. Not sure if i like it or not...I like the idea of winning the west, but I think the war analogy of the western front might leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.

G-Mo77
08-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Which level?

Level 1, probably a few more than 8 rows back now that I think about it.

SonofScray
08-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I'l give you two reasons to get Level 1 reserve:

2. If there are no kids around I get to see whether the umpire is responding to my taunts and/or the players can actually hear you cheering them on if you yell well done during a quiet spot after they've done something good. Tommy came over to thank us for the support after one game he'd done particularly well in that we'd acknowledged throughout the game.

More up front and personal than 2 or 3 for mine which I love :) On the other hand - whatever floats your boat as many people prefer 3 for the reasons you outline.

:D Tempting. I think there'd be some very upset families in the reserved seating area if I do get a reserved seat. Would love to get on the fence, have a few banners that I like to hang over the edge on L3 if I get the chance.

Ghost Dog
08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
2012 Membership Campaign was launched last night. I can't remember the exact slogan, but something like "win the western front" with Boyd and BMac standing in front of the West Gate. Not sure if i like it or not...I like the idea of winning the west, but I think the war analogy of the western front might leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.

If it was a recent war, I would understand. But that's almost what, 80 years ago?
The collocation kind of works and I don't think there is that much harm....

SonofScray
18-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Received the packages for membership renewal today, tidy graphics etc. Looks good, I even like the Western Front idea. Did notice that there was a section that said "secure your very own reserve seat on Lvl 3" will have to look into it. Will be a bit frustrated if the area I sit in on Lvl 3 all of a sudden becomes a reserved area.

Scraggers
18-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Received the packages for membership renewal today, tidy graphics etc. Looks good, I even like the Western Front idea. Did notice that there was a section that said "secure your very own reserve seat on Lvl 3" will have to look into it. Will be a bit frustrated if the area I sit in on Lvl 3 all of a sudden becomes a reserved area.

Just by the by, the Western Front is a television show over in Perth dedicated to the Eagles and Dockers.

AndrewP6
18-10-2011, 06:51 PM
If it was a recent war, I would understand. But that's almost what, 80 years ago?
The collocation kind of works and I don't think there is that much harm....

Not sure the RSL clubs would concur...

LostDoggy
19-10-2011, 12:12 AM
I have been a social club member for about 6 years now and will continue to be one - despite living overseas. I have also had a reserved seat on level 2 and level 1. It all depends on the experiance you want to get out of going to a game. Personally I like being above the play so that I can watch the tactics and see who is and isn't working hard. Level 2 and 3 are perfect for this. Level 2 was better because you still felt like you were part of the action, and it quiet moments could hear the players and big hits.

Level 1 is better if you prefer to see what the players themselves are seeing and to be able to interact with them. We had a decent position (centre wing) but were in the very last row. Which was horrible for a couple of reasons. We were right in front of the gate so it felt like Antarctica was blowing on our backs all game (not great for my 1yr old niece!). But we also couldn't see the scoreboard. The televisions that hang from the roof are over the aisle, so if you're right in the middle of two aisles you can't see them very well, let alone read the stats at the breaks. Etihad really need to check out the way the MCG has set up the Ponsford, so much nicer! It also made it hard to get down to the fence to see the boys after a match. Another point is that they generally don't come back past the centre circle when handing out the balls/towels/whatever after a match. So if you're too far from the Footscray End you won't actually get that level of interaction.

I'm happy to keep my social club membership, more money for the dogs, my bro-in-law will prob use the seat and I have a ticket for when I visit home. I'll also get a cool key chain :rolleyes:

The Coon Dog
19-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Got my stuff in the mail this week & am looking at changing a couple of things for next year.

I rang the membership department & found the young lady I spoke with to be extremely helpful.

Upshot is I'm looking to drop down from 4 seats to 3 as my daughter now works most weekends. For Level 1 I was told the cost for seating x 3 is $880 for 11 games.

Am I along in thinking $80 a game for 3 seats seems a tad expensive?

bornadog
19-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Got my stuff in the mail this week & am looking at changing a couple of things for next year.

I rang the membership department & found the young lady I spoke with to be extremely helpful.

Upshot is I'm looking to drop down from 4 seats to 3 as my daughter now works most weekends. For Level 1 I was told the cost for seating x 3 is $880 for 11 games.

Am I along in thinking $80 a game for 3 seats seems a tad expensive?

That works out to around $26 per seat. Does it include ground entry or on top of normal membership?

The Coon Dog
19-10-2011, 11:27 AM
That works out to around $26 per seat. Does it include ground entry or on top of normal membership?

No, that's just the seating component. Memberships are an additional cost.

bornadog
19-10-2011, 02:22 PM

I guess then the choice is whether you want to reserve the seat or sit on level 3.

LostDoggy
20-10-2011, 01:52 PM

Hey Coon Dog. I have a Footscray End reserved seat + social club on level one which costs me approx $35 per week for the 11 games and includes entry into the ground & social club. I suppose it depends on where you want to sit. It used to bronze before it changed into the Footscray End. Silver is obviously more expensive. :)

LostDoggy
20-10-2011, 08:20 PM
We have a family silver membership. This includes entry to the home games and a level 1 reserve seat for two adults and two children.
We only have one son eligible for the child age group so last year we placed the other child in a friends name who frequently came with us. Our renewal is $880 for 2012, this covers all.

Cyberdoggie
21-10-2011, 12:42 PM
To offset the burden of paying, you can pay monthly.

You know what, for some reason when i paid in one lump sum like in previous years it was over and done with, but with monthly debits i get reminded every month just how expensive it really is, and then i start thinking what else i could have purchased, such as foxtel or a drug habit.

Of course i wouldn't ever not sign up, although my wife is expecting our first in late april next year, so not sure if it's going to be worth my while to renew her membership (depending on the draw early in the season etc).

LostDoggy
21-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Received my membership cards today and the seat sleeves. The sleeve is a nice idea. There is nothing I like about the design of the cards this year though.

Cyberdoggie
25-10-2011, 12:30 PM
We have a family silver membership. This includes entry to the home games and a level 1 reserve seat for two adults and two children.
We only have one son eligible for the child age group so last year we placed the other child in a friends name who frequently came with us. Our renewal is $880 for 2012, this covers all.

Ouch!

No away games?

Interesting to see how many people purchase away games as well, as i guess it comes down to a decision of more games with non reserved seat vs less with a seat?

I personally like to see every game, home or away, that i can.

Unless of course your loaded and can afford all.

LostDoggy
25-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I am have 2 kids, mortgage and a wife on a single income and i still manage to get a Premiership Gold Membership. Its $50 a month, considering it costs $25 for general admission or $52 for a level 2 seat. I see it as saving money

AndrewP6
25-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Received my membership cards today and the seat sleeves. The sleeve is a nice idea. There is nothing I like about the design of the cards this year though.

I'm probably the opposite, I don't mind the card design and I think the seat sleeves are stupid.

KT31
26-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm probably the opposite, I don't mind the card design and I think the seat sleeves are stupid.

Me three.

EasternWest
26-10-2011, 08:09 AM

Agree. Truthfully, the picture on the card doesn't worry me one way or the other.

And the seat sleeves are ridiculous. What a terrific waste of money. The club should contact its members and actually ask if they want anything. Last year I didn't want a shoddy mug with a blurry photo. I've got heaps of mugs.

I've said it before (to the club also). Survey the members with options on what's in the pack and let them tick or cross what they want/don't want. Surely the money saved can buy more weights or footies?

Anyway, if anyone wants my seat sleeve pm me your details and I'll mail it to you.

bornadog
26-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Agree. Truthfully, the picture on the card doesn't worry me one way or the other.

And the seat sleeves are ridiculous. What a terrific waste of money. The club should contact its members and actually ask if they want anything. Last year I didn't want a shoddy mug with a blurry photo. I've got heaps of mugs.

I've said it before (to the club also). Survey the members with options on what's in the pack and let them tick or cross what they want/don't want. Surely the money saved can buy more weights or footies?

Anyway, if anyone wants my seat sleeve pm me your details and I'll mail it to you.

I agree, surely kids want stickers, posters, and as I have said previously, flags to wave. Adults I suspect are happy with scarves with membership years printed on them, or caps?.

Cyberdoggie
26-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Well that's a catch 22 isn't it.

I bet you if the club put nothing in the pack, everyone would complain because they are getting nothing for the $$$'s, whereas other clubs members are getting this and that etc.

Perhaps giving members an option like a tick box for item a or b, although that would require a lot more work from the staff sorting membership packs.

EasternWest
26-10-2011, 12:29 PM

I bet you if the club put nothing in the pack, everyone would complain because they are getting nothing for the $$$'s, whereas other clubs members are getting this and that etc.

Perhaps giving members an option like a tick box for item a or b, although that would require a lot more work from the staff sorting membership packs.

How could it require more work? If all the merch is centralized, they match requests with orders.

If it all comes from different areas, an order isn't made.

I hear what you're saying, pleasing everyone is impossible. But I'm sick of chucking out stuff I don't want, particularly when I know my member dollars are paying for it.

I don't pay my membership for a seat sleeve.

Greystache
26-10-2011, 01:57 PM

I've asked about this before, apparently it's cheaper to send everything to everyone rather than customising individual orders, including reducing the number of items sent out. That's the beauty of the current world of offshore mass produced goods!

The Pie Man
26-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I've asked about this before, apparently it's cheaper to send everything to everyone rather than customising individual orders, including reducing the number of items sent out. That's the beauty of the current world of offshore mass produced goods!

Exactly - especially custom (or off the shelf as this might've been) promo items. AFL club membership bases are good figures to be procuring off-shore and sending via seafreight too (there are often MOQ in the 1000's from China)

The second you add options, it would become cost prohibitive.

Anyone here MVFC members? The fulfilment done with the Victory membership was pretty shoddy (especially the glue dot on the card, still washing that off) The Dogs one was very proffessional by comparison.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
27-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Exactly - especially custom (or off the shelf as this might've been) promo items. AFL club membership bases are good figures to be procuring off-shore and sending via seafreight too (there are often MOQ in the 1000's from China)

That explains the Teddy towels, caps, scarves, plastic hands etc.

LostDoggy
27-10-2011, 02:10 PM
How could it require more work? If all the merch is centralized, they match requests with orders.

If it all comes from different areas, an order isn't made.

I hear what you're saying, pleasing everyone is impossible. But I'm sick of chucking out stuff I don't want, particularly when I know my member dollars are paying for it.

I don't pay my membership for a seat sleeve.

I pay membership to be a member of the club I love, the rest is a bonus.

The gimmicks and extras are important for kids memberships and new members.

While I am not very excited over a seat cover at least it is something I haven't got as apposed to a series of caps and scarves...

EasternWest
27-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I pay membership to be a member of the club I love, the rest is a bonus.

The gimmicks and extras are important for kids memberships and new members.

While I am not very excited over a seat cover at least it is something I haven't got as apposed to a series of caps and scarves...

Cool. Totally respect that.

We're basically on the same page. I pay my membership for my club too. Anything but my game entrance card is stuff I don't need, you see it as a bonus. That's sweet too.

I think you make a really good point regarding the kids stuff. I'm all for money being spent the right ways, and mercy for kids is a surefire winner.

Thanks for your thoughts. ;)

LostDoggy
27-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Just a quick question. Got an email saying my first payment for membership will come out tomorrow. What if I downgrade my package, will they just adjust that on my account? I'll probably just ring them tomorrow, but if anyone knows before then would be great!

The Coon Dog
27-10-2011, 10:57 PM
I jumped on the club's website today to try & work out what my membership will cost for next year. It only has information pertaining to 2011 memberships! :eek:

Dogs 24/7
28-10-2011, 08:23 AM
I jumped on the club's website today to try & work out what my membership will cost for next year. It only has information pertaining to 2011 memberships! :eek:

Slow out of the blocks aren't they? Perhaps that information gets released in the first week of November but at least there should be something on the site that says when the 2012 prices will be displayed.

bornadog
28-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Looks like they have been checking WOOF as the packages are out now:

http://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/section/compare-packages/

KT31
31-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Why not put in some vouchers to Bulldogs Friendly businesses, the Bulldogs shop etc ?

cinder
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Is the social club still at capacity?

Murphy'sLore
03-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I doubt it.

KT31
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Is the social club still at capacity?

Don't even think it will even get close this season.