Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  92
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee R6, Vs Fremantle

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 5 match against Carlton for our Round 6, 2019 match against Fremantle Dockers at Perth Stadium?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee R6, Vs Fremantle

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care, because I won't guess it in 10,000 guesses. They don't seem to care either, so whatever.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Mantis, Doggy, DOG GOD, chef, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pull 22 names out of a hat, and throw them up in the air and see where they fall on the whiteboard.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Pull 22 names out of a hat, and throw them up in the air and see where they fall on the whiteboard.
    Pretty sure that’s what happened today. It’s the only way to explain Gowers playing significant midfield minutes, with Libba twiddling his thumbs in the forward line.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say if we don't know the extent of the injuries to Duryea and Suckling. But if they aren't available.

In: Trengove, Lew Young, Lippa, Lynch

Out: Gowers, Williams, Dickson, Lloyd
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hard to say if we don't know the extent of the injuries to Duryea and Suckling. But if they aren't available.

In: Trengove, Lew Young, Lippa, Lynch

Out: Gowers, Williams, Dickson, Lloyd
    We look more balanced already.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

This team is crying out for structure we simply must Play Trengove fwd ruck or back just play him.Id give Fletcher Roberts another go he has performed well in finals .Lipinski has to play been smashing the door down in the Vfl.Hopefully Suckling can come up not sure who Bevo will drop but Gowers needs a spell .Hopefully Tom Boyd can play well in VFL cause he will be vital for us .

Post Thanks / Like

What’s it matter. We are screwed. We have made Bolten look like a senior coach. We surely will do the same fir Ross.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Genuinely hilarious! A lot of negativity after a poor loss, i get it but this is what i'm looking for. Great post!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Hilarious
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Freo are flying atm, next Sunday forecast to be 30 degrees here, albeit cooler with the 6.10pm start on a hard deck at Optus with a hostile crowd. Mundy deservedly plays his 300th, good player, good bloke. If ever there is a time for our team to stand up it is now, lets see who has the guts and drive to take a stand. That means you Cordy, Wood, Williams, LLoyd, Dickson, Richards, Hunter and Gowers. MC to stop giving so much selection credence to Gulliver's travels. Trengove and Lipinski in plus one of Lewis Young, Boyd (forward), Schache (who needs to seriously impact forward contests). Naughton plays back otherwise Taberner will do a McKay, Dunkley gloves Fyfe all day as does JJ to Walters.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone please enlighten me on what Fletcher Roberts has done wrong?

He is 196cm. Has played 49 games. He played a crucial role in our Premiership (where we played two tall defenders, plus Wood and Morris).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Can anyone please enlighten me on what Fletcher Roberts has done wrong?

He is 196cm. Has played 49 games. He played a crucial role in our Premiership (where we played two tall defenders, plus Wood and Morris).

Yet we now insist on playing midgets on giants. Cordy does play tall but he is only 191cm and was asked to play on players who are above 200cm.
    When he spoke yesterday (very well I might add) he was positive and hopeful of a recall although he also discussed he's studying a psychology degree so hes preparing for life after footy as he should. Must be something he's not doing right but I can't pick it.

17. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post