Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Heart, Courage and Spirit

It's a simple yet incredibly accurate description of our football club.

We've been decimated by some horrific injuries, yet week after week we continue to show inspiring courage and heart. The performance v Geelong was quite outstanding given everything that had happened and despite being underdogs v Norf we once again kept going back to the wall again and again and again.

No matter what happens this year, and despite the fact we still have some glaring issues (namely forward) we have amazing heart. They are a pretty special group of players led by an equally impressive coach.

It's never been better to be a Bulldogs member. Proud is an understatement.

Everyone else share in this bond of tribal unity?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heart, Courage and Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's a simple yet incredibly accurate description of our football club.

We've been decimated by some horrific injuries, yet week after week we continue to show inspiring courage and heart. The performance v Geelong was quite outstanding given everything that had happened and despite being underdogs v Norf we once again kept going back to the wall again and again and again.

No matter what happens this year, and despite the fact we still have some glaring issues (namely forward) we have amazing heart. They are a pretty special group of players led by an equally impressive coach.

It's never been better to be a Bulldogs member. Proud is an understatement.

Everyone else share in this bond of tribal unity?

Certainly do. Never been prouder of the boys. Never been happier to be a bulldog.

We get great value from our team.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes Eastdog, Max469, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post TBB. Yep so proud what we have done this year given our big injury list. We have kept fighting and that is the Bulldog way.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Our depleted VFL side beat the top of the table Williamstown as well. Same weekend.

Bodes well for next year, players playing for each other. Was amazed that Bevo threw Jong & Webb into the centre to start the second half. Setting the kids big challenges, Webb in particular played much much better than his first two AFL games this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive never really described any of our given teams in my lifetime as mentally tough. Hyper skilled, successfully, 'sexy' (OK Gil used that one) but never really mentally tough. These kids have this mental toughness and a belief of it instilled from Bevo. When experience and skills rise to their mental toughness, then great things are bound to happen.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. It's also a reason to why we all get so frustrated when they don't bring it like we didn't two weeks ago.

These kids are lifting our expectations week after week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo seems like an extension of the playing group in a way no other coach has worked.
    I watched Dahl start of the song in full gusto and laughed. These guys are feeling the vibe big time.

Great time to be a dogs supporter and just reward for those fans who have been through the hard times.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the club song that was one kick ass racaus version last night.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Our depleted VFL side beat the top of the table Williamstown as well. Same weekend.

Bodes well for next year, players playing for each other. Was amazed that Bevo threw Jong & Webb into the centre to start the second half. Setting the kids big challenges, Webb in particular played much much better than his first two AFL games this year.
    What about the start of the last quarter when Bevo had 19 year old 10 gamer Dunkley in the centre square. Bevo gives these kids an opportunity and they take it with both hands.

The other thing I am loving is how scared everyone outside the club are becoming of us. They put on a brave face saying isn't t great the doggies are winning, but really they just want us to drop off in the finals. But we keep coming and getting stronger.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes Max469, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What about the start of the last quarter when Bevo had 19 year old 10 gamer Dunkley in the centre square. Bevo gives these kids an opportunity and they take it with both hands.

The other thing I am loving is how scared everyone outside the club are becoming of us. They put on a brave face saying isn't t great the doggies are winning, but really they just want us to drop off in the finals. But we keep coming and getting stronger.
    Probably. It is so important for the Club and players to win at least one final too this year.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 3 weeks especially it has been on display and I expect that to continue. I reckon Bob is having a bit of an influence down there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Speaking of the club song that was one kick ass racaus version last night.
    The roar from our supporters when the siren went was electric.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the story I'm hearing they are singing other songs in the rooms as well ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    What's the story I'm hearing they are singing other songs in the rooms as well ?
    That's interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That's interesting.
    I think it was Errol by Aussie crawl.

22. Likes Eastdog liked this post