Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A win for the good guys

I thought I'd share a quick bit of good news for the Bulldogs family.

My wife has been an Essendon AFL member for over 20 years, and a more passionate footy fan you'd struggle to find, but due to her disgust with the drugs saga and the way Essendon and in particular James Hird have conducted themselves, she has walked away from the club and this week joined the Western Bulldogs membership for the 2015 season.

She has even decided if she enjoys the Bulldogs environment we will join the Top Dogs coterie in 2016.

Sometimes the nice guys don't finish last!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A win for the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I thought I'd share a quick bit of good news for the Bulldogs family.

My wife has been an Essendon AFL member for over 20 years, and a more passionate footy fan you'd struggle to find, but due to her disgust with the drugs saga and the way Essendon and in particular James Hird have conducted themselves, she has walked away from the club and this week joined the Western Bulldogs membership for the 2015 season.

She has even decided if she enjoys the Bulldogs environment we will join the Top Dogs coterie in 2016.

Sometimes the nice guys don't finish last!
    Did you sit down for a week at Camp David to negotiate that? That's a massive coup!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff and good work 'Stache.

Really good to hear.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work.
    Must have been tough marrying an Essendon supporter but I'm glad it's all work out for the best (finally)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes Cyberdoggie, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Did you sit down for a week at Camp David to negotiate that? That's a massive coup!
    I didn't have to do much really. There was some discussion about it at the end of last season, but all of us attending the winning VFL grand Final sealed it I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Excellent work.
    Must have been tough marrying an Essendon supporter but I'm glad it's all work out for the best (finally)
    It usually takes 2 days to get your voice back after 120 minutes of screaming at the umpires for free kicks. So it had it's upsides

8. Likes Twodogs, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Top job Greystache - persistence pays off! Do you have any tips for converting supporters (drugs scandals aside)? Hypnotic whispering as they fall asleep? Humming Sons of the West regularly? Slyly leaving Bulldogs memorabilia strewn around the house?

I reckon my WCE husband is ripe for a conversion, just to work out how...
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have to do much really. There was some discussion about it at the end of last season, but all of us attending the winning VFL grand Final sealed it I think.
    So Peters 1,000,000 is starting to be repaid? Even better.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised Kofi Anan wasn't called in to negotiate a release from Cult Hird

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, and the big win is you don't have to attend Essendon matches anymore.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Greystache liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there any fans worse in umpire blaming than them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Top job Greystache - persistence pays off! Do you have any tips for converting supporters (drugs scandals aside)? Hypnotic whispering as they fall asleep? Humming Sons of the West regularly? Slyly leaving Bulldogs memorabilia strewn around the house?

I reckon my WCE husband is ripe for a conversion, just to work out how...
    Getting a Bulldog named after a player would be a good start (even is his name is Gryphi). Then taking said Bulldog for regular outings to Whitten Oval for games and training sessions where about 1000 kids will ask to pat him and have their photo with him will go along way to conversion!

Post Thanks / Like

You're a better man than I Grey. I would have walked away the minute I knew she barracked for the Bombres. Seriously though mate, well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Getting a Bulldog named after a player would be a good start (even is his name is Gryphi). Then taking said Bulldog for regular outings to Whitten Oval for games and training sessions where about 1000 kids will ask to pat him and have their photo with him will go along way to conversion!
    Hehe that's a good start but you will have to change his name now. You can't take him to family day and tell kids his name is Gryphi or they will cry.

I'm in the process of brainwashing my 2 year old. I started about a year ago by giving her a musical bulldogs pen as a gift.
    When you press the button on the end it plays Sons of the West. So what you do is that everytime they press the button you make a big deal of it and start singing and clapping hands.

You should of seen how excited she got when I took her to a match that we won and they started playing the song.
    All of a sudden things came together in her head. Song/Happy/Bulldogs/Daddy, all seems to be working so far!

Not sure if the same process would work for an adult, unless some kind of hypnotherapy was involved.

19. Likes bornadog, Twodogs, Drunken Bum, N/A liked this post